Create Account

New SHL Commissioner

Can I get Mike Izzy's remaining SHL cash?

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

02-15-2022, 09:26 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:25 PMSkeleton Party Wrote: everyone on this site is an asshole holy fuck thats why i joined

Bring back your friend.... I miss him
sawful is a buttfucking quitter

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

If WBF needs a co commish he should hit me up, I have no qualifications

@WannabeFinn respond in this thread you coward. you are not fit for commish

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Also, I chose the term "league mom" because that's what we called it back then three or four years ago when I had to be that person. I've moved past using that, I get it that it sounds weird, but it's important to note that we essentially have to take a parent-like role for a lot of these teenagers who join this league. That's why I used the term again here.

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

02-15-2022, 09:32 PMunconfident69 Wrote: If WBF needs a co commish he should hit me up, I have no qualifications

You should apply for GM!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-15-2022, 09:07 PMSeymourSnatches Wrote: I think that it is unfair to make assumptions about Lee before he gets in the position. For most candidates that applied for the position, you could have probably brought up any type of potential history that could look bad. What's the point of bagging on someone who took a position and hasn't even started making decisions yet? There's a line between your personal interactions and your "official" SHL interactions with Lee. You can share your negative opinions but doing it on their hiring post? I mean I feel like we should be better than that. We have a perfectly good Thunderdome for this and you decide to air your grievances in the hiring post. 

My interactions have been nothing but great with Lee. Could it be because I was on the Stampede? Maybe. Ever since joining the SHL, I had been having fun watching my player grow and get better. But then I fell into a rut where I felt disconnected from the league, wondering why I continue to do PTs, Training, AC, etc. At that point, I was willing to drop the SHL because I was no longer enjoying it. Without any hesitation, Lee went into my DMs on Discord and was supportive and provided kind words to me about the situation. He listened and gave potential solutions to getting out of the rut. After the conversation, I decided to take one of the options Lee mentioned and since then my enjoyment in the SHL went back to normal.

If you take anything away from that story, I want it to be that Lee was willing to listen and try to work on a solution. I think he will continue this when he takes on the role of Commissioner. I hope that Lee will be a good hire for the league, but I will wait to see how he does in the position before making any conclusions.

But that’s just my experience and my opinion on the situation. But the toxicity within these kinds of posts from members of the SHL community is getting tiring.

What you're describing is what I've heard from almost everyone in Buffalo over the last few years, that Finn is that great and supportive guy, and I believe those accounts. But the problem is that for everyone not on Buffalo, he is not that at all and for me that discrepancy is the core issue. Like, there are people who you don't get along with because they have an abrasive personality or some other traits about them that you don't like. Merica is a classic example of that for a lot of people and I'm sure there's someone like that for almost all of us, maybe some of you think like that about me as well. But the key point here is that that's just how those people are, it's genuine, it's because of their personality or because of what they believe in that they rub you the wrong way.

That's not how I've seen Finn behave over the last few years at all. What I've see there is someone who by all accounts has shown that he can be a great person to certain people, but who actively chooses to be a dick to everyone else or at the very least shows very little interest in those who aren't of use to him. That's what bothers me the most here, this concious every day decision to be a dick by someone who is very capable of being better than that. I don't see why I should put my trust into someone who, for years, has shown that he just genuinely enjoys being a dick and toying with people.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

02-15-2022, 09:35 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:32 PMunconfident69 Wrote: If WBF needs a co commish he should hit me up, I have no qualifications

You should apply for GM!
I'm not gonna gm in this league the way they get treated and with FHM no-lifeing being a necessity. I would genuinely rather be HO

02-15-2022, 09:38 PMunconfident69 Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:35 PMSlashACM Wrote: You should apply for GM!
I'm not gonna gm in this league the way they get treated and with FHM no-lifeing being a necessity. I would genuinely rather be HO
ok boomer

Kyle Sux Lmap

02-15-2022, 09:42 PMzaynzk Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:38 PMunconfident69 Wrote: I'm not gonna gm in this league the way they get treated and with FHM no-lifeing being a necessity. I would genuinely rather be HO
ok boomer
L + Ratio + yb better + You're bald

02-15-2022, 09:11 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:07 PMSeymourSnatches Wrote: I think that it is unfair to make assumptions about Lee before he gets in the position. For most candidates that applied for the position, you could have probably brought up any type of potential history that could look bad. What's the point of bagging on someone who took a position and hasn't even started making decisions yet? There's a line between your personal interactions and your "official" SHL interactions with Lee. You can share your negative opinions but doing it on their hiring post? I mean I feel like we should be better than that. We have a perfectly good Thunderdome for this and you decide to air your grievances in the hiring post. 

My interactions have been nothing but great with Lee. Could it be because I was on the Stampede? Maybe. Ever since joining the SHL, I had been having fun watching my player grow and get better. But then I fell into a rut where I felt disconnected from the league, wondering why I continue to do PTs, Training, AC, etc. At that point, I was willing to drop the SHL because I was no longer enjoying it. Without any hesitation, Lee went into my DMs on Discord and was supportive and provided kind words to me about the situation. He listened and gave potential solutions to getting out of the rut. After the conversation, I decided to take one of the options Lee mentioned and since then my enjoyment in the SHL went back to normal.

If you take anything away from that story, I want it to be that Lee was willing to listen and try to work on a solution. I think he will continue this when he takes on the role of Commissioner. I hope that Lee will be a good hire for the league, but I will wait to see how he does in the position before making any conclusions.

But that’s just my experience and my opinion on the situation. But the toxicity within these kinds of posts from members of the SHL community is getting tiring.

I think the consensus isn't that he's the worst person, just that you're treated very differently when you're on one team vs the other

Okay enough shitposting, let me be real for a second.

When I joined Buffalo, Finn was the first person to welcome me to the team. Even beat trips to do it. Always looked out for me and when he traded me, apologized profusely for doing so. I've been off Buffalo going on a year now and even playing on other teams Finn always keeps in touch with me to see how I am doing and is generally a great friend and is quick with a joke and always offers great advice. Now could this all be because I played on Buffalo? Maybe, that's a part thats hard to deny but having been around the league awhile now and around many different teams until this thread came up in particular I never heard this take.

Honestly, everyone is a homer for their team. Especially if you've been around it as long as Lee has. 6 IRL years as GM of Buffalo, I can excuse the guy for having an ego. But he's never been less than gracious to me and I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table. FWIW, if being salty the guy has an ego for "Buf better", the honestly come up with some other hate because that's simply pathetic.

Finally some good news

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

@unconfident69 counter ratio + cry more + exposed + sad + smell bad

Kyle Sux Lmap

02-15-2022, 09:36 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:

What you're describing is what I've heard from almost everyone in Buffalo over the last few years, that Finn is that great and supportive guy, and I believe those accounts. But the problem is that for everyone not on Buffalo, he is not that at all and for me that discrepancy is the core issue. Like, there are people who you don't get along with because they have an abrasive personality or some other traits about them that you don't like. Merica is a classic example of that for a lot of people and I'm sure there's someone like that for almost all of us, maybe some of you think like that about me as well. But the key point here is that that's just how those people are, it's genuine, it's because of their personality or because of what they believe in that they rub you the wrong way.

That's not how I've seen Finn behave over the last few years at all. What I've see there is someone who by all accounts has shown that he can be a great person to certain people, but who actively chooses to be a dick to everyone else or at the very least shows very little interest in those who aren't of use to him. That's what bothers me the most here, this concious every day decision to be a dick by someone who is very capable of being better than that. I don't see why I should put my trust into someone who, for years, has shown that he just genuinely enjoys being a dick and toying with people.

I think it's totally fair to have that opinion about Lee. But I wanted to share a positive interaction with Lee to show that people should at least give Lee a chance in the position and for them to base their opinion on Lee's hire on his actions. I think people have the ability to change who they are and how they act, especially when they are put into a role of authority. So I hope the interactions I had with Lee will be the same with others in the future that are new and old to the SHL. I don't know I just found it kind of weird that a hiring thread was so negative - seems like a lot of SHL threads become negative fairly quickly which sucks.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

02-15-2022, 09:46 PMVandy Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:11 PMSlashACM Wrote: I think the consensus isn't that he's the worst person, just that you're treated very differently when you're on one team vs the other

Okay enough shitposting, let me be real for a second.

When I joined Buffalo, Finn was the first person to welcome me to the team. Even beat trips to do it. Always looked out for me and when he traded me, apologized profusely for doing so. I've been off Buffalo going on a year now and even playing on other teams Finn always keeps in touch with me to see how I am doing and is generally a great friend and is quick with a joke and always offers great advice. Now could this all be because I played on Buffalo? Maybe, that's a part thats hard to deny but having been around the league awhile now and around many different teams until this thread came up in particular I never heard this take.

Honestly, everyone is a homer for their team. Especially if you've been around it as long as Lee has. 6 IRL years as GM of Buffalo, I can excuse the guy for having an ego. But he's never been less than gracious to me and I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table. FWIW, if being salty the guy has an ego for "Buf better", the honestly come up with some other hate because that's simply pathetic.

You've never heard the take Finn can be a dick? Where have you been?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]