Create Account

S64 PT #3: Trick Play

Creative prompt

As a very defensive oriented center, I do not have the offensive skills and mindset to come up with trick plays that would help us score more goals, but I am hoping I can come up with a few creative ways to take the puck away from the other team. I want to come up with a different way in each of the zones.

In the offensive zone, I'm mostly thinking about taking the puck away from the goalie when we are on the forecheck. I think an interesting way to do that, instead of trying to go around the net, would be to jump over the net entirely. It's risky and demands great physical prowess, but I think it's doable.

In the neutral zone, you want to use the different doors (bench, penalty box). Not sure how yet.

Finally, in the defensive zone, when battling for the puck, instead of neutralizing the stick with your own and playing the puck with your skate, kick the opponent's stick and leave with the puck on yours.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

PBE Affiliate Link

As a person who likes soccer, in spite of how the organizations and major clubs running it seem to be keen on making it squeal like a little pig for their pleasure, I believe I will always favour the adoption of trick plays into anything. They might be useless, somewhat obtuse and out of context but what's a sport without some sort of adventure, flair or danger that exists merely to extract enjoyment from the game? I dunno if it's any easier to employ trick plays on FHM, I have been playing the game every now and then when I have time to spare from my schedule but I admit that I definitively ain't very good at it besides building up good rosters, so yeah, pulling off trick stuff ain't the kind of thing I've ever been able to do. Still, I trust CoA to be able to pull it off, so maybe we'll do it soon, eh?

Right? Knock on the wood?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I think there has been an increase in fancy or trick plays recently in the NHL. I think in NCAA and lower league we saw it more often because of the skill gaps that those leagues had sometimes. The increase in the NHL performing trick shots or fancy plays has to do with how high the ceiling has been going up. Now we see the Michigan, Kucherov's shootout 5-hole drop shot, and even Zegras lifting the puck up over the back of the net and having his teammate knock it in from in front of the net. I think players are just getting so much better that we are seeing a skill gap develop in the current NHL system much like the other leagues have. I will be curious if this skill gap starts to show up in the SHL as well. That Ben Jammin guy will get dunked on by me if that ends up being the case.

Code:
159 Words

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Prompt 2

I do believe trick plays have a place in hockey and we're gonna see more of them in the future. The game is heading in the right direction but we're like 10-20 years away for the old mentality to be almost gone completely. I'm not even talking about goons fighting, I'm referring to the numerous stupid non written rules about hockey. Like we have a 5 nothing lead, let's just dump the puck, avoid big hits and play the trap. God forbid we try something cool or fancy in that situation or one of our best player is gonna get Zegrasd. Too many retaliation plays lead to players to believe creativity is a bad option. I know we're at a point where we won't reinvent the game, but as long as we teach all the young players to play the same way it's not helping for sure. The dumbest thing is the refereeing, the regular season and playoffs in the NHL are two different leagues. If you stop calling anything, of course teams playing physical will have an advantage over a team relying on skills.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Prompt 1

To pull off the upside-down reverse double kickflip goal you'll need three things: A skateboard, the puck, and the combined skill of a thousand Tony Hawks and Wayne Gretzkys. First what you'll want to do is rocket the puck as high up in the air as you can. The longer it's in the air, the better, since this will give you more time to set up your trick. The next thing you'll want to do is hop on your skateboard. Seems simple enough so far right? Well this is where things get complicated. Next you'll need to do a diagonal flip like in Rocket League so you end up in a hand stand on your skateboard facing away from the direction you're going. Next, you'll need to time yourself right so that as soon as the puck comes within range, you push your hands off the skateboard to perform a kickflip, and while you're in the air, kick the soaring puck into the net. Now the refs might not count this because of "kicking motion" or "foreign objects on the rink" or whatever, but hockey is more about looking cool than winning anyways, and at the end of the day this play will make you look like the coolest person on earth.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

Prompt 1

The coach hasn't been too impressed with the play of rookie Grogu Mandosson. Halfway into the season his production was abysmal and he had the worst underlying advanced stats on the team. Basically, Grogu's play was costing the team wins. "C'mon kid, you've got a lot of talent, you're a damn baby alien with jedi force powers, this is no time to be playing coy! If you don't pick it up, we're gonna miss the playoffs and it will be all your fault!"

Next game out, Grogu found himself demoted to the third line. And he took that personally! All it took was a little anger about not getting ice time, and grogu went to the creative well. He started using the force to make the other players slip and fall when he had the puck, or use it to pull the loose puck onto his stick. All of a sudden his play started improving! At the time of this writing, he was on a 7 game point streak and the Dragons were starting to put up wins! The rest of the league was annoyed byt Grogu was just so cute that they didn't care if he was potentially cheating, but not really cheating because there's no rules against using the Force to get an advantage.

Now that his potential is truly being unlocked, is there anyone who can stop him? The only solution is to let the other players use beskar equipment and sticks, and then maybe they will have a chance!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

HOCKEY PROMPT

Do trick plays have a place in the sport of hockey? I believe that they absolutely do. There are number of instances where a trick play could be used to great effect, especially with a playoff system that uses a 7 game series between two teams. Trick plays are most effective when they create chaos, but that chaos can last well beyond the play itself. They open up whole new paths you can use to destabilize an opponent by feinting the play again on purpose, or just showing that it is something which could occur to make them second guess their next moves. Now I think the one aspect of hockey which makes them much less feasible is the lack of controlled buildup. There are very few instances where a controlled build up occurs in hockey, mainly on behind the net rush starts on the powerplay, but maybe a few other minor setups you could use, such as your powerplay system in the opponents zone, etc. The NFL on the other hand literally runs every minute of the game from a controlled start, where trick plays are much more feasible.

That being said, the best way I could think of to insert more trick style plays into hockey than maybe currently visible is to further elaborate on zone entries in the powerplay (which is being done more and more each season), as well as dedicate more time into elaborating on zone setups in offensive/defensive situations, mainly powerplay and penalty kills (which are also becoming more and more elaborate). I think with the rise in data analytics and a thoughts-based approach to the game, trick-style plays are inevitable, and really many teams in the NHL are probably already using a small amount of them at the tactical level, but really it enters the trick area once a team has something so established and known that they can do something unexpected 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 times that will provide a clear and distinct advantage over what the usual counter-tactic would be, that is really the limit of what trick plays could be in hockey. The game probably moves too quickly, and with such randomness than some kind of dedicated large-scale noticeable play akin to the flying V is probably not ever going to succeed just because of the sheer amount of variables in the game.

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

The Kelowna Knights coach had approached Mikael Jakobsen one sunny Saturday afternoon with an idea. They asked him "What would it take to make you the best player?". While Mikael knows he's not the best player right now in the game, the team general managers know that he would go the distance to try and find ways to improve his game so he was the best player. After thinking for a few hours, he made some phone calls and emails. Here is how the email went:

Dear Mr. Musk,

My team wants me to improve my game and I know there's only one way to do that. You are an exceptional person that does incredible things and what a fun way this would be to create a buzz, publicity and a creative project for you. Would you be interested in working with me to create Tesla Skates? Please let me know.

Anticipating your response,
MJ

Elon got back to MJ and they ended up making Tesla skates. Using science, the aerodynamics of these skates put them above everyone else. The skates are incredibly light and the laces are even made out of caterpillar silk. The blade of the skate is made out of lithium (50%), steel and a minor amount of aluminum. There's rumours the skates also have a baterry but we're unsure for what so far.

227 words.

PROMPT 1

Patya am have been wait many long times for this question! Patya am having super special trick for team using on ice! Patya am learning this trick of much clever from American movie about ducks who are many mighties after they am being bullied by silly hawks. Ducks much more neat than hawks, do you think so? Patya am! Anyway, this trick called flying v. Patya am learn from Gordon Bombay that this is because ducks fly in v pattern when in the sky. So, Patya and team just use this on ice! Patya am think this many goods, but Patya have other trick too! Patya am know if someone is saying "PATYA TIME," that Patya am be very sneaky when get puck, and trick opponents! Patya am can pass or shoot, it does not be mattering. Patya am have superior skill and execute many precise! This way, nobody am stop Patya and nobody am stop mo-...mooooon-....monarch!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Its time to change the rules of hockey. Right now there's some dumb rule that says goalies can't go past the center line of the ice. I think. I'm not one hundred percent sure, just saw Patrick Roy called for it way back when he was on the Colorado Avalanche in the NHL. Regardless, its time to change these rules and open up an entire new strategic element - aggressive goalie plays up ice. There's six players on the ice, outside penalties, time to get them all involved in the offensive action. Imagine the new skill sets that would be sought after for goaltenders. Puck moving goalies! Perimeter scoring goalies. The breakouts would be so entertaining to watch and the sport of hockey would never be the same. Imagine the heated goalie fights when a goalie rushes the net and collides with the other, or goalie vs goalie shootouts. Equipment would have to be re-designed, potentially being sleeker and more athletic looking. This is the future.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Creative Prompt:
To get down the ice quicker on breakaways, we've installed cannons.
[Image: 930alNz.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]