Create Account

Luke's thoughts about awards

My Random thoughts on awards

I feel like writing, and the awards is something I want to talk about. I normally dont usually care about the awards, mainly right now no one in New England can really get it, and Thomason wasnt really the best with awards. But I want to discuss who I think should win each award and my reasoning behind them. And then a fun thing where I talk about what would the award be named if we did a thanos snap on the original award names. Now Im not saying we should rename any awards, I dont think we should at all, its just fun to see who I would put as the new trophy winners.

Also I wont be doing the Jesster or Richan Trophy stuff mainly because I dont have the data for it

Ron Mexico Trophy:

Who would I name it instead
I would rename the Ron Mexico Trophy to the Jason Visser Trophy, because for me, Jason Visser is the greatest player in the SHL period. The amount of accomplished, with winning awards, winning cups, and gathering points was so impressive in STHS, that no one duplicated it for long. Whether thats him winning twice and another nom, to his almost PPG pace for 19 seasons. He is the GOAT of the modern/STHS modern era.

Who I would put to win it this season

Now for me, the league MVP is the most valuable player to their team, not the best player. I think the best player belongs to Sarmad Khan. So going from that my league MVP would be Nicolae Antonescu
I think if San Francisco had normal goaltending, they would be 5th in the conference and 7th/8th in the league, but with stellar goaltending, they got 3rd in the league. So congrats to him

John McBride Trophy:

I would rename it to the Jakub Aittokallio trophy instead, for a couple of reasons. One he did win multiple cups with Edmonton, as well being the first goalie to reach 300 and 400 wins, and the first goalie to win the Mexico. I think he was one of the best goalies in the league, along with becoming the first goalie to reach 2 major milestones, one that wasnt reached until Michael McFadden’s corse got over the finish line in the S40’s, over 10+ seasons after Jakub retired. I can also see the argument for Lauris Prikulis or even Tommy Tuck as well too. But I choose Jakub.

Well if Nicolae Antonescu won the MVP, its obviously the same for this trophy for all the points I said before. So I dont need to delve deeper into that

Scott Stevens Trophy:

Just like the Ron Mexico trophy, this one is pretty obvious to me. I would give it to Alonzo Garbanzo, because he is the best defenseman in the history of the SHL. He has the most points as a defenseman with 973, most assist with 765, 9 1st all star teams, 5 Scott Stevens trophies as well, he is just the best choice in the matter.

This season, I would give it to Puddles O'Duck, as the best defenseman. He is 2nd in points for defenseman, along with playing both PP and SH, with decent stats outside of that with 79 SB and 119 hits. He is 17th in TOI, so playing more on penalty kill would have been helpful, but if you take a look at advance stats it shows a dominant defenseman who led play by a large margin.

Bojo Biscuit Trophy:

I wont put a new answer to this, mainly because its such a new award, I dont see anyone from S46 plus that would have overtook Bojo with the best defensive defenseman. Gun to head, I would say Rex Kirkby, but I dont think so.

For this season, I would give it to Rikard Bjerg. I think he has the best combination of counting stats along with advanced stats. Good counting stats with 177 shots blocked, and 146 hits, pairing with a decent plus minus, and playing on the powerplay a good amount. In comparison to his teammates, he has the highest GA/60 on his team, as well as lead his team in hits, and 2nd in shots blocked. In terms of the league, he is 19th in GA/60, but only by a difference of .4 GA/60, so for me that small difference is good enough for me, when comparing the other 19 players with their Shots Against per 60.

Jeff Dar Trophy:

This will be the most recent player who I think would deserve to have his name. But I honestly think Mike Izzy has the best resume for the Jeff Dar award. His 1 win and 7 nominations are a crazy amount, and in the S40’s he was one of the best 2 way forwards, by the way we could actually count with it. He has his hits, his points, and his extra stuff, so he would be the best.

This season I would award it to Joseph Weston, because he has the best mix of normal stats, and advanced stats. He has the GA/60 with 2.3 GA/60 on a decent SA/60 with 29.5. He has around 100 PDO, so he wasnt just getting lucky, and he was the lead penalty killer for Los Angeles, and has decent Shots Blocked and Hits too. So thats who I would put for the Jeff Dar.

Aidan Richan Trophy:

I wont be doing a winner, but I got a good one for who I would name it for
I would give it to Richard C Hocolate, if I had to rename the award. Now a lot of people wouldnt know who he is, but Richard C Hocolate was goalie for Calgary, since S30, and ended in S49. Now why havent you heard of him? Mainly because he was the backup for 13/20 seasons. But from S37-S43 he became the starting goalie for Calgary, after 7 seasons of being the backup goalie. He helped lead Calgary t o 2 cups in the process, and winning the Anton Razov trophy as well.

Anton Razov Trophy:

I cant let anyone else be the name of the trophy. Without Razov, there might not be the SHL today, but another person I could see it named is jkrevers 1st player, just because how important he was to the start of the SHL.

This one is super easy, I am giving it to Olof Karsikko. Just a great goalie, 3 shutouts, the highest SV% of a goalie in the playoffs, and a GAA less than 2, it is a no brainer of who deserves the award.

Damian Littleton Trophy:

This is the only one outside of the direct player trophies i'll give my 2 cents to it.

There are a ton of people who I think deserve to be named for the most dedicated. But I would give it to Kalakar. He transformed FHM simming, and spent a ton of time making sure that the sim went smoothly and without a hitch, as well as making it a thoroughly enjoyable experience, all while being a 1 man band. I can name a ton of people who deserved it to, but I would give it to Kalakar.

This season I would give it to WannabeFinn. I think what he has been doing this season as commish is going to be instrumental for the SHL. Along with how much time he put into the job, I think he is the most deserving this season.

So thats it, dont think too much about it, I didnt spend hours debating players for each award, I just threw out names who I thought deserved it with about 15 minutes of looking around for each trophy. So Thats it.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

what award would you give me luke

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

07-04-2022, 03:46 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: what award would you give me luke

Best ginger

Love this. I agree on the renaming of the McBride trophy especially

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2022, 04:02 PM by Chris-McZehrl. Edited 1 time in total.)

It would nice to see the renaming of the karpotsov and mcdonald awards aswell

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2022, 05:58 PM by ACapitalChicago. Edited 1 time in total.)

Your cheque is in the mail

Edit: wait idk if I want the Izzy award

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I like it

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

07-04-2022, 04:29 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Your cheque is in the mail

Edit: wait idk if I want the Izzy award

Too late ACap you’ve been caught

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Do gmoty and Coty you whimp

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

07-04-2022, 06:18 PMhonkerrs Wrote: Do gmoty and Coty you whimp

Off the top of the dome

GMOTY: ATL
COTY HAM

07-04-2022, 06:30 PMluke Wrote:
07-04-2022, 06:18 PMhonkerrs Wrote: Do gmoty and Coty you whimp

Off the top of the dome

GMOTY:  ATL
COTY HAM

you mean
GMOTY: CoA
COTY: CoA

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

man I can't even win hypothetical awards

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

According to my CW post, which is canon, Izzy was later found out to be a prolific serial killer. For this reason, he should not be named as an award. It would be like naming an NFL award after OJ Simpson.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride