Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

As a multi-sport athelete playing strongly on the J's best team, the Great Falls Grizzlies. Dion is incredbly happy that he has still be able to strongly develope as a player in 2 sports vs just on. All lot of highly respected people from both sides told him it was not anywhere near feasible to be good at 2  sports let alone great like  he strives to be. But with his great athletic background in his family and in his life personally he has overcome the adversity and made it work. In his 3rd year of pro hockey he is 10th in the league in goals with 37, and leads playoff bound GFG with 74 points, 37 goals and 37 assists. So an all-around athelete who plays and all-around game getting all-around results is plenty impressive  to Dion and his team of trainers and coaches. He does want to be even greater, as all atheletes do. But for now it's a happy place. 

(169 words)

Player prompt:

I can't say I can really complain too much about Svoboda's career up to this point, although it's hardly been perfect.

Things started off really well back in S62 with Svoboda coming out of the gates with an admirable 42 point season. On top of that, he won the Challenge Cup in his rookie season with the Panthers. Certainly couldn't have been a much better start, short of winning an individual award.

Things improved each season until he put up 72 points and 36 goals in S68, but now I feel that I'm paying for that early success. This past season he went almost a point per game despite the team's woeful performance, but he also went a dismal -53. I'd say I'm pretty happy with his offensive output so far but there's clearly some things to work on defensively. One cool thing was leading the league in hits this season, one thing I did not expect.

That said, as the Panthers look to get out of their slump, so will Svoboda. I'm excited to see how the next few seasons go.

184 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Sophie's career has been going very well so far. She got to spend four seasons playing for her hometown team and demolished their all-time points record. Coming up to the SHL, it took some time for her to adjust to the speed and intensity of the big leagues but she's really getting the hang of it now. After getting just 12 goals in her rookie season, Sophie has really been working on her shot and hockey IQ and it looks to be paying off with back-to-back 30-goal seasons and getting up to 49 assists as well. If she had to do anything differently, Sophie would have probably worked more on her shot decisions earlier than she did before, having only two 20-goal seasons at the SMJHL level and taking a while to get used to SHL shooting. While she's off to a really great start to her career at almost being at a point-per-game pace already, getting that goal-scoring touch down could have made her even better now.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Player Prompt

Agent Tesla: So we have just wrapped up your fifth regular season in the big leagues Dave where you set a new personal best in goals. How are you feeling about your career to date?

Dave Heinrich: Well I think the best way to judge a career is to judge a player by their peers. Among the centers I know of in my draft class I lead the group of four in terms of assists, and am second in goals behind only my former teammate the legendary Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson. I also have the best faceoff percentage of the squad so no complaints from me on a personal level. Wish I could do more to help the team succeed, but that is a bit beyond me.

Agent Tesla: Perfectly fair. Now how about your thoughts on your development? Are there things you would want to change about how you have approached preparing for the game over the years?

Dave Heinrich: That is wholly and completely in the hands of my agent who put it in the hands of our coaching staff in Chicago. Given how well my career has gone on a personal level despite my lacking investment relative to my peers I have negative complaints about how well they have built me back up after my stint in hell.

Agent Tesla: Negative complaints?

Dave Heinrich: I only wish I could do more to be the player they want to be because they deserve more than I have been able to give.

Agent Tesla: Very fair statement and one I agree with regarding my own efforts as well. Thank you for your time Dave.

Dave Heinrich: It is yours to do with as you please!

Code:
Word Count: 284

Player Prompt

Ryu with the Strength & Conditioning Coach
[Image: MXZiVy9.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

My player's career thus far has been as expected! philippe eko eel entered the atlanta inferno organization knowing the incredible ranks of defensive superstars ahead of him on the depth chart. While the likes of Michael Withecheck, Angus McFife XVIII, and Puddles Of Duck are maybe a tiny bit past their prime in terms of age, they've shown no real signs of slowing down on production. Philippe Eko Eel knew this going in and was excited for the opportunity to learn from these legends. So his personal production has been nothing stellar thus far, that's for sure. He has not gotten down about the lack of points though, as it's all part of the plan! He has seen rising star Binko Koivu start to put up some impressive stats and he knows he's not far behind. Eel is a contributor in other ways, like a solid takeaway/giveaway ratio. And the other stats are coming soon - the answer to this question will be consistent but different in a few seasons time

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PBE Affiliate

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

The assistant coach confronted me about my comments both in public and behind the scenes, and I told him my feelings on the matter, either he needs to adjust his strategy drastically or I am going to request a different assistant coach. If he plays hardball and says I’m the coach and you’re the player, listen to my instructions, I would go to the GM and give him an ultimatum, him or me, and if the team prioritizes an assistant coach who can’t do his job over me, well then I will be happy to leave, but that won’t happen. If he shows a willingness to change his ideas and strategy and I would be happy to work with him on improving the special teams, maybe we try crashing the net more than a diamond formation, but it’s all about how the assistant coach responds to the issues at hand. I don’t want to be confrontative but that’s how Bobby would handle the situation.

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2023, 03:41 AM by goldenglutes. Edited 1 time in total.)

creative prompt written

so binko of the koivu variety (not to be confused with birdo koivu which may potentially actually be the pseudonym of binko koivu for when he is out using his big mouth and/or nose to engage in some activities by showing people what that mouth do) really went up and confronted the 19x duck of the year puddle of duck @Z-Whiz about his duck behaviour (because ducks don't eat beef and binko was trying to get him to eat beef so now the two have beef). so how did this engagement go? well it was a very nonchalant affair the general manager mr hotdog @hotdog was there as well as one of the other veteran players who also happens to be the duck's defense partner angus @micool132 mcfife and also pablo was there too as the elder of the team @Jepox but it turns out it was all just a misunderstanding and ducks are actually omnivores and they are actually capable of eating beef and binko just did not understand what the o duck was saying because he was quacking a bit too quietly and the words were not coming through. so in the end they all enjoyed a nice steak dinner together and it was a very nice time!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Prompt 2

Patya am thinking now that am in prime, career is going pretty much well. Originally, Patya think maybe career stunted a little bit, but then Patya am traded and go for play with best friend, Atticus Hale, and been finding best version of game ever since. Coaches here am putting much faith in Patya and give ultimate trust for Patya do what he do. Patya think maybe he could be doing better if he had chance for do it all over again, but Patya not regret any decisions made for put Patya where Patya is. If Patya could do differently, maybe Patya am join different team just for see what maybe happening, but Patya like where am at. One thing Patya not doing differently is play game Patya have always played. Speed and skill is Patya game! Patya know prime be ending soon and not sure how much longer career am last. If Patya lose speed and skill, what am Patya for? This make Patya many sads, but is reality of age.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Personally? Yeah, I suppose so.

The thing with Yoshimitsu McCloud's career was that while it was fun to win stuff in the juniors, he didn't have quite the same luck in the majors and while I do think he had enough of a cult status, he didn't have much in terms of silverware. Anton Harrier kinda had even less but was able to nail an international medal and also managed to show up to more finals than Yoshi, which I think is a sign of progression. I personally don't think much about individual accolades - a happy team is a happy Thun - so I'm very satisfied if can show any success in team-related matters.

I also liked being able to spend my whole career with a single team. Not that I would mind being traded around since that's essentially what happened to Yoshi back in his days, Harrier was able to stick around to one place and go through the good and the bad with them. That was pretty cool in terms of biographical matters. Don't think I'd change anything besides making the guy smaller so he did a bit better on the wings, maybe shoot more.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2023, 07:49 AM by nerji. Edited 1 time in total.)

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

I'd say overall I'm happy with how my career is going so far. Going into last season, my rookie season, I wasn't sure what to expect really and was hoping where I had trained was good enough to at least contribute to the team. While the teams overall performance wasn't very good finishing 24-39-3, it was a decent season for myself. I actually led the team in goals with 27 and points with 54. Our plus minus was pretty awful at -25 for myself but it was still a good season. I led all rookies in goals and it was fairly disappointing not getting a nomination for rookie of the year but these things happen.

Our second season was much better and while the playoffs are coming up, the team finished 32-28-5 which was much more fun as we had a lot of new faces on the team. I didn't match my goal totals from my rookie season but I finished with more points at 66.

That means some progress was made and I am very happy with how things have gone so far.

Code:
184 words

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]