Create Account

S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro

Mainly the huge and still growing community, socializing snd to feel all kinds of emotions of the hockey players carrer on my own skin - milestones, tough losses, cups, team success

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

I am a grown man with a full time job and a child. This is the only place that even comes close to resembling a healthy social life. It is a collection of people from around the world. No matter your schedule somebody is going to be online to hang out with.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Apart from it obviously being about hockey, the one thing I love about the Simulation Hockey League is the interaction with people all over the world, which often goes beyond the game of hockey itself.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

As someone from a non-hockey country it's a place where the initial draw was a shared interest in the sport but turned into meeting a bunch of genuinely good people and GA.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

i think everyone who is a fan of any sport has had countless fantasies and daydreams of going pro in their favorite sport, and in a way the SHL lets us live out those fantasies. plus, you get to meet a shit ton of new people that you would have never met otherwise, and that's just really cool

As others have said, the community is a big reason. I also enjoy hockey and growing my player. I wish I had more time to do more write-ups though.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

I love this league and I keep coming back to it for a few reasons. The biggest reason is the community, this community is the best. Another reason why is because I can shape my career in a way that I would want it to go.

I just love hockey and being part of this league. The hockey aspect is just one part of it. But what keeps me coming back is all the people. Everyone in Colorado LR and the Baltimore LR are amazing

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

I enjoy this league because of the people I have met in this league & it’s fun to watch your player grow & hopefully become a supastar

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Most often my favorite part of the SHL is the people and the fact that I’ve made genuine friends with these goofy and good people. It makes it easier to come back when you like people

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

At this point I think I’ve conditioned myself to keep coming back and doing the minimum. To the point I feel bad when I don’t.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Its what i would say about any sim league, its  not the sim or really even the sport inn this case frankly. its the people, my texas teammates are terrific and we have two great GM's. A pleasure of a team to play for.

I legitimately have no idea. It's an enigma. I just keep finding myself back on this website, writing my silly little PTs, and updating my silly little character

(29)

I've always liked playing fantasy hockey and this is kinda similar to that, I like checking my stats from time to time and seeing how my player is doing

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

I've unsuccessfully tried to get my wife to join the SHL; I've told her how it's like hockey D&D, and that the community is really great! But she isn't usually into "MMOs" and isn't looking for a community, so I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]