Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 12:39 AM by KlusteR.)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: If your player got traded to a new team, how would they go about adjusting and learning the new system?

Levin has never been traded before in his career, so it would be quite an adjustment. The first thing he would do would be to find a veteran on the new team to show him around the facilities, and explain the team's dynamic to him, so he wouldn't feel out of place in his first few days at practice. Then he'd do catch-up video sessions in order to adjust to the new system, and find a way for his skill set to work in that new system. After that, it becomes a matter of execution and letting his own playstyle speak for him - he can't choose his place on the line-up, so every shift counts to show his new coach that he can be an asset in all facets of play. And finally, the next step would be to get accustomed to life in his new home city as soon as possible, since Levin has mostly played in smaller cities where everything is easily accessible by foot.

(173 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

PBE PT

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

Option 2:

If Mattis were to get traded to a new team I do not think that he would have any issues learning a new system or getting along with his new teammates. Matiss is a quick learner and is able to pick up on changes and systems quickly. Matiss is a student of the game and is always studying up and staying up-to-date with the systems that he is a part of so that if he were to get traded to a new team, this is nothing new that he has been doing with his current system so if he were to keep studying up on the new system. He would pick it up fairly quickly. Matiss is a very easy-going person and is able to make adjustments easily when going into new or different situations. If Matiss does not know what is going on, he will always be the one to ask questions to be able to best understand what she needs to be doing to improve himself and his teammates around him.

Hoang has been on plenty of teams in his life, and plenty of new and difficult situations that have been foisted on him, or have been his decision. For each time, Hoang has devoted himself to finding a way in, not deliberately through forcing his way into conversations or relationships, but by working hard every day, in practice and in the work room, and by endearing himself as a good teammate, he will find a way to adjust naturally to his new surroundings. Hoang has done this in Japan, in junior camps, and in Canada, as well as in Great Falls where he spent four outstanding years becoming a critical part of the community there. Now in Minneapolis, he has built himself again into the wonderful teammate and locker room figure he needs to be, and if he was asked to do it somewhere else, that's what he would do.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 01:01 AM by Runningman434. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2:

Written Task: If your player got traded to a new team, how would they go about adjusting and learning the new system?

If Sean Davies was traded to a new team, his plan for fitting in would be quite simple. Step 1: Find his captain(s) and ask them everything he possibly can. To the point of being annoying. Just find the top dogs and get after them to get as much info as he can. Now that he has successfully infiltrated the top layers of his new team, he'll deepen his hold by taking the whole team out to dinner, his treat. "Wow, this Sean Davies guy is the bees knees," they'll all say. Once they're hooked with his charming personality (AKA a free meal) he'll slowly start to absorb their knowledge of the team. Like osmosis. By the time they realize what he's doing, it'll be too late. He'd just be another one of the guys and they'd spill all their secrets too him, allowing Davies to fit right in. Downright devious if you ask me!

If Andreas Kvalheim were to be traded to another team, he would first question the sanity of whatever general manager thought that trading for this washed up veteran would be a good idea. Next, Andreas would need to think deeply if he would even want to report to this new team. Moving to another city is a real hassle, and at this stage of his career with his time winding down, Andreas would be strongly considering retirement. However, if Andreas were to continue on playing with this new team, then he would likely be able to adjust quite well to their systems and tactics. After all, he is a veteran of the league and has seen countless different styles of plays over the years. He would watch lots of video on his new team to learn the teams systems as well as player's individual tendencies to fit in seamlessly with his new teammates

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Option 1:

Written Task:

Well that is certainly a way to motivate a nation, but really filing a lawsuit against an entire country that is a bold move to say the least. But this extra motivation is exactly what we needed, the last couple of years we haven't had great luck in the IIHF tournaments but with this slight me and the team feel great about our chances. The campers are smart and know what they are doing. While we don't have the youth structure and player pool as most other nations, a lot of the kids play on the same travel team or have played against each other meaning there is a lot of chemistry between the kids. We play strong and we play tough and always stick up for each other. With our heart and passion I can see us going all the way to the top and winning our countries first international trophy so thanks for the lawsuit.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Being traded to a new team is a pretty big change that some players are fortunate to never experience. For the vast majority of others though, there's no escaping the harsh realities that sometimes, a team simply doesn't want or need you anymore. As someone who has been traded a few times in the past, there's a few tips to have in mind.

First, it's always nice to know which hotel is close to the team facilities. Usually a teammate can recommend something, or your old team can provide the info for the hotel your old team used to stay at when they traveled in for games. Figuring out a place to stay is important, and from there you can move on to food and other important aspects. But housing is the hardest one to figure out on a whim.

Lastly it'd probably be a moving service. It's hard to get all your stuff packed up and sent halfway across the continent, but the nature of the sport and trades means it has to happen. Getting a solid moving and shipping team will be huge in making a trade work out seamlessly.

My defence to micool's trademark claim against me telling people that I'm gonna win the cup would be the fact that it was obviously meant in jest and not to refer to his trademarked phrase. No one would have taken me seriously in saying that I was going to win the cup because everyone knows that my player is horrible at hockey. No team rostering Bergling could win the cup because it's impossible to overcome the net negative that results every time that he steps onto the ice. It was simply a parody.

When micool says he's going to win the cup - people take him seriously. He's a winner, has a proven track record of success and a solid basis for making that claim. When Bergling makes that claim, it's clear that he can't possibly serious. It's simply meant to get a rise out of the crowd.

I'd like to note that I don't know if this is an actual defense to trademark infringement, but it's all true.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

My captain is a very sweet kid so I will of course use my full reach and power to defend him/her in any way I can. First off I call my friend @micool132 and tell him don't be mean to a kid why are you threatening legal action on him he's like 11 years old you're gonna put his family in debt. If guilt tripping doesn't work I use the argument that I actually started it and he copied me in nem our ehm server when i said i was gonna win the cup with colorado year one like two or three seasons before micool picked up on it and many others like @goldenglutes @Leppish @ quasi @Sour_Chin_Music all used it too so he has no grounds to copyright it. If that also doesn't work I will simply smuggle the kid out of the country because what are they gonna do extradite the kid back for a copyright infringement charge? I don't think so. I've got it all sorted out as you can see.

174 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Option 2:

Being traded to a new team is something I have never experienced to be honest. I took a spin in new orleans at one point for a cup of coffee, but all that had to do was really do the best I could in the short time i was there, knowing I wasn't there long term changes the dynamics though compared to straight up trying to blend into a new room and new system. I think the first thing you got to do is make sure you keep your ideas open, almost reset what you know, and come in with an open mind. Then you got to make sure you are on the same page with coaching and management, that you know what is going on, know what the expectations are on you, as well as keep lines open to communicate what you think your expectations are so everyone can get onto the same page and align the goals and personal expectations. After that it's just coming in day to day and make sure you keep working hard and trying to get to know everyone and try to get into the team and get close to some people so they can help you out.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 02:21 AM by diacope. Edited 6 times in total.)

Depends on if it was a surprise or not honestly, I can be an emotional player. If it was a move helping both clubs, I'd still try my best in the new organization and hype them up like I always do. nothing really changes for me. Learning the new system though is the harder part, I'm just getting used to things now after four seasons I'm not sure if I have enough time to adjust before the end of my career so the hustle would definitely be up even more. Now if it was a trade out of nowhere when I was clearly part of the plan and my manager decides he wants to go for it I'd respect them at first but it could result in less activity and commitment to my new team being shocked, second thing I'd do is consider how good the team I got traded to was and immediately check the standings, if they are good I'd stay.. If not, I'm packing my bags to try something new on a better team signing only a one-year deal because if I can't adjust my own way, I'm buying a lottery ticket with a few top teams. That's how my story could/would play out if I was ever traded, depending on the context.

First and foremost, if Mephistopheles Morgonstjärna got traded the he would demand the GM of Buffalo or Detroit to answer for it. He is not one to b moved without being consulted about it. Heads would roll, Mephistopheles would paint the walls with the GM blood.

But if he was on a new team, they would first be aware of what they are getting. It's not just and defenseman, he is the offensive push, the breakout pass. He wants the puck and demands it. So it's not so much how he would adapt, it's how they make the team work around Mephistopheles.
He would of course need a defensively minded defenseman next to him to cover for offensive pushes and turnovers. He also expects to be the heartbeat of the powerplay, with him being the pivot on the blue line and being able to drop bombs on net and set up forwards on the wings with excellent passes. So the question is how does the team adapt to Mephistopheles?

RETIRED

my player hopes to never get traded in the first place. He wants to stay with the platoon his whole career, he prides himself on his loyalty. That being said, if a situation arises where he can’t stay on the roster, then he would be open to being moved. It would definitely take some time to learn a new system and get acquainted with a whole new roster. My player would definitely be able to adapt. But it would be tough. All of his friends are on the platoon, so you have to take the time to build that chemistry. It’s also difficult to learn a new system after being with one for so long, assuming this hypothetical trade is late into my player’s career and he has regressed himself out of a roster spot. But at the end of the day, it is still the sport of hockey, so my player will learn and hopefully have some sort of success with his new team.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 02:54 AM by bbjygm. Edited 2 times in total.)

In the legal battle about @micool132's trademark phrase, I'd first argue that it was not used in the context of professional hockey because our team is well known around the league and the fans to be highly unprofessional. If that doesn't work, I'd argue that since Hodor was the one saying it, it was uniquely unrecognizable as the offending phrase in question. Who would really know "I'm gonna win the cup" was what was being said? This can probably be countered with the fact that it was displayed on screen as subtitles for the interview. Then I'd argue that there is no way the people closed captioning the segment knew what it really meant, which would probably be countered by a signed form by a representative of the team that affirmed the captions were true to the best of our knowledge. Then I'd probably just start repeating "I'm gonna win the case" over and over until they gave up and it became a true statement.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget