Create Account

S74 PT#0: Your Dad

Option 2.

Since I just went from Chicago to Winnipeg, I am going to choose to sabotage the Chicago Syndicate. I would do this by getting a calling service on all of my friends on the team, to ring their phones over and over again all night before the game. Since I have most of their addresses and phone numbers, this would be really easy to do. I am just that devious that I would not get caught, because who would suspect their dear old friend Mat. Along with that, I would get food delivered to the addresses of all the players the night before, but spike it with things they are not allowed to eat. So they would be sleep deprived, belly full of bad food right before they have to play a big game. Since I also grew up in the Chicago rink, I would visit the place the night before, for old times sake, and unscrew all the benches on the home side, so it slides off right as they all go to sit down.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 12:58 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Tampa Bay Barracuda are going to win the cup, but only after Micool has won the cup. Which they did, so that's pretty neat. Tampa Bay is clearly going to win the cup due to some stout defense from some of our starts including John Brown and J. DuBølk paired together. Anchoring the first line we have Rikkert Biemans and Benson Fiorentini both of whom should be getting set up by up and comer Max Carnage should be going all out and getting goals. However, it takes a lot more than a top line who is set up for success. We have a second line of *FITTEDPRIMETIME99* CUDDLES, Klaes ashford and Johnny Wagner-Svenson who have been together for a few seasons and have progressively gotten better and better as time goes on. They are supported by the defensive pair of RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 and Mit Wobet both on the younger side of things should be positively trending more and more throughout the season. Lastly we have thirdline, other teams will be thrown off by our Red Harrington...who will be holding down the right wing in depth. Additionally there will be crazy tomato emerging in his first season in the league and Taschen Messer who has been our first line center for many seasons now. Will be helping user in a new age of talent.

Prompt 2
I don't know who NEW's archrival is because my last player was a Blizzard boy and I didn't bother learning whole league lore like that. How would i sabotage them? I would probably have the aircraft refueler misfuel the team jet a few times causing a lot of delays. I know how to do this by like over-fueling or doing something like putting too much weight in the center tank causing a tail strike on the ground. I know that the grader may not know what I am saying, but I as the user do. This would cause the team to be tired before the game. Then I would put toothpaste on all the use ice skate blades and in the shoes. That way they slide too much on the ice. Not a whole lot but just enough. Now it may not be the best plan because they do sharpen skates throughout the game. So maybe I need to go back to the drawing board.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Quote:Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

OPTION 1 - Rock that dad bod

Written Task: Describe how your team is going to win the cup this season, because obviously they are. Include at least one dad joke.

The Great Falls Grizzlies are going to win the cup this season by scoring more than their opponents in every single game. They will finish first in the league with a perfect record, and continue that perfect record deep into the playoffs. They will purposefully drop a game against their finals opponent, so as to not raise suspicion from HO.

The goalies will save every single shot they face. The defenders will not only steal the puck every time the opposition has the puck, but they’ll also move the puck with lightning fast pinpoint passes. The forwards will corral the puck with skill on the breakout and move it deftly around the offensive zone, at a speed that will be sure to confuse the opposing goalie.

The established players will deliver on their skill. The developing and new players will be even better than was expected. Tactics will be impeccable, attendance will be even beyond capacity, and every single fan in attendance will win the raffle. 20,000 grand prizes will be handed out.

When I think about every other team in the SMJHL, I feel bad. Having to go up against Great Falls is a grizzly prospect, one I do not envy.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Wait so the loser goes golfing, and I'm supposed to sabotage my team so we don't have the chance to go golfing? Ah man I'd sabotage the other team so hard. I'd go out there and I would not try hard at all, so then if they win then people will think their win is invalidated because the other team wasn't trying. I'd also go pass them the puck so they really ahve to prove that they have the offense to beat us. I'd also move out of the way of any of their shots because I don't want to risk getting hurt in the event that we win the game and then have to play more games. It's also just respectful to our goalie to let them see the puck, so I'll stand in front of them for a while and then at last minute move out of the way to make sure they at least catch a glimpse of the puck.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Coming off of a championship season, Egli plans on doing the exact same thing. Quite literally the exact same thing that he did every single day the previous season. Egli is a big believer in journaling, she plans on recreating the entire last year to the absolute best of his ability. 

He will eat the exact same breakfast that he had each day the year prior, he will do the same for lunch, dinner and snacks. If he went to see a concert, or a movie, or if he went to a restaurant - he will repeat it. Even if he has to rent out an entire theater so he can watch the same movies all over again. Barbenhiemer is going to be sick. 

He even plans on wearing the same clothes that he wore each day. Everybody told him his daily fit check photos were dumb. Yeah? Well whose dumb now? Certainly not Egli. At least that's what he's telling himself.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

OPTION 1

My team is going to win the cup by technicality, kind of like when you meet fey creatures in fantasy settings which is basically like dad jokes with super powers.  Right after the real champion wins the cup, we'll sneak onto the ice as journalists in disguise.  We'll speed along the process of getting the names put onto the cup because that is the most important technicality.  Once we are all ready for the "interview", we'll start with a simple "Can I have your name?".  At which point, any player that answers the question legally transfers their name over to us.  By the end of the process, all their names are on the cup and we have all their names, therefore, we've won the cup.

Alternatively, we're going to work really hard all summer and show up with a can-do attitude to really win it all this season.  It was easy when my dad did it 30 years ago, so certainly it's easy now if we actually try and don't spend all our money on avocado toast.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Nevada is obviously gonna win the cup! I'm not sure how anyone could see otherwise. We lost a few key players from last year, but Alex VINSen and MyPudding return as the top vets to provide a boost for both the offense and defense. Cal Juice and Sergey Ivanov are looking to avoid a sophomore slump, but I'm confident they will both take a big leap this year. Just Perfection had a strong rookie season and I've heard promising reports about rookie Cameron Kakashnikov coming out of camp. Speaking of rookies, Literally Wizard and Caspian Levi come in this season to strengthen the offense. I was looking for dad jokes to put here, but I “ram” out of patience. Nevada also has the coolest logo, the best fans and they play in the best city. I'm sure all of this will come together and help the championship. In fact, I'm not even sure we'll lose a game all year! I know we lost in the pre-season, but that was to give our opponents false hope.

That one is easy. It's our turn now. We're going to win it because we have an exceptional work ethic. We're hungry. We have a vision. And we're on the rise, and absolutely nothing scares us.

By the way, do you know why some people don't like hockey? ... No? Nothing? Because they just find it okay. OK… hockey… get it?

Anyway, we're going to win because we're on fire. Our offense is an unstoppable war machine. An army of Spartans. We think together. We eat together. We play together. Our goalie is a brick wall. He's a Greek god. Our defense is young, and energetic, and will make mincemeat out of the old-timers who come to face them. Together, we're a platoon – we are THE Platoon – that thinks with one voice.

Speaking of one voice… do you know why singing in the shower after a game is fun until you get soap in your mouth? Because then, it's a soap opera. What? Not funny? Pfff… I googled that last one.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Option 1

The Chicago Syndicate will win the Challenge Cup this season because we have the power of never-ending friendship and infinite experience and wisdom on the team. Even though most of the team has heavily regressed, we have insane amounts of synergy with one another on and off the ice. Through sheer willpower alone, we'll make the playoffs with a low seed and witness many upsets along the way. I'm of course referring to our opponents, who will be very upset after we win the series despite being a lower seed than them. After upsetting our opponents and upsetting the matches, all the dad of the team will be the opposite of upset and be so proud of our victories and the inevitable Challenge Cup win. They'll all say something like "I'm so proud of you" and the entire team in unison can respond with "Hi, I'm so proud of you, I'm [insert player name here]".

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Manhattan are winning the cup this season because I think we can do it. We are all very strong and sexy and cool and that will carry us through the season and the playoffs. I told this to someone on the street and when they said "if you're a cup seeker, you should go elsewhere" I was like "seek her? I hardly know her!" (this is the dad joke please give me credit ty). But yeah Manhattan has a neat roster with some buff babies and oldies who can still wiggle it so we'll get by based on love and friendship and all the things that matter. The past seasons haven't been super cool but it's part of the rebuild and we should start seeing some results in the coming seasons! We still have a ways to go but I think we can fluke our way into some playoffs just for fun and to give the youngins a good time.

160 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

So tge Manhatten Rage are probably one of the worst teams in the league. A lot of young players in starting positions and lines. It is not very likely that they would win the championship let alone make the playoffs. But a scenario where the rage would win a title. It would have to be a few plane crashes some acts of God and maybe a plague or two. With the other teams out of contention the Rage would definitely have a great chance of winning it all. With their elite offense ( compared to other teams) and their elite defense (compared to the other teams) the Rage would be Unstoppable with no other teams competing. It would be a tough couple of rounds against some dead people and young talent. But the rage would definitely pull through. It would be pretty easy scoring with the open net that would be open at all times. That would probably be the only way the range when the title this year that or a lot of  sim luck.

[Image: smith2.png]