Create Account

S74 PT #3: Ok, Boomer.

ISFL Affliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Option 2

Goaltenders love participating in drills, for the most part. I'll tell you what they don't like is being a human meat shield for players the second they step into the crease and begin to receive shots from all angles. Off the ice, Beau Kavanagh is a wiz with the tennis ball juggle. He can be seen before games practicing in the workout room against a wall, ensuring his hand eye coordination and awareness is up to snuff before a start. During practice, Beau usually begins with movement drills, moving side to side, post to post, going in and out of the butterfly stance and pushing out on top of the crease to back closer to the goal. This is important to ensure the tendy is properly warm and all equipment feels right. From there we usually move on to simple puck drills, butterfly saves, on-ice rebound control drills, glove and tracking drills and butterfly recoveries. At the end, we'll usually end with a few situational drills that involve puck handling or crazy rebound chances before heading off the ice. Working with the goalie coaches during practice and before games is paramount to ensure success during an actual game.

Word Count: 198

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Nash’s routine with buffalo casey fantobens is a little out of the ordinary. Instead of Nash taking shots, Nash is standing in the crease defending against an opposing player while one of the other more accurate defenseman is taking shots from the point. Nash gets to work on his netfront defense without incurring a penalty and Casey gets to practice tracing the puck through a solid screen. A tap from the stick here and there after a good save helps to build the defender and goaltender relationship. Nash even spends time picking the shedding hair from Caseys pads after practice. Afterwards Nash and Casey go for a long walk to stretch their legs and take in some of the cold REAL air. Not like the recirculated air that gets pumped into the practice facility. Goalies need to be able to trust their defenders, and building a relationship off the ice is just as important as having that same feeling on the ice.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Option 2:

Petr drills of choice can be particularly... brutal for goaltenders. Many times, unsuspecting practice goalies have been the only ones willing to step in the net, and sometimes a Goldberg treatment from the Mighty Ducks is required just to keep the goaltender in net. The drill begins with 23 wrist shots from the blue line, followed by 23 slap shots from the same distance. The next segment is 23 shots accompanied by a short skate to roughly the hashmarks before the shot is taken, these taking place from all across the width of the ice. Next is 23 breakaways from the blueline, followed by 23 breakaways from centre ice. The next segment is built on 23 one-timers from all across the width of the ice. Then a quick drink follows, right before the grand finally of 23 shots, stationary, from both corners, before 23 shots that are skated in from each corner, thus allowing for the potential of wrap-arounds or changing angle, before finishing the drill with 23 redirections in front of the net on point shots, and 23 shots from the top of the crease, just for fun.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Adam doesn't have a burner account for twitter his opinion are his own so there is no need to hid behind a false platform such as that. His response will be short and to the point. "Retire you old Hag! No one respects or listens to your antiquitated opinion any way". He will then make a call to his friend the owner of the broadcasting company and demand that the loony is fired without pay for his false statements. A deformation lawsuit will then be filed regarding the false claims and the deformation of Adam's character and his teams reputation. Finally he will send one last message to this phony, it will be a public call out of his character and a challenge to fight any time and any place to resolve this like men. They will then schedule thier duel at dawn drawing pistiols are 20 paces. Adam will win the duel by striking the phony in the writing hand with a bullet not allowing him to write again.

Foil Up Boys

PBE affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Dionne is always ready for practice, and that's maybe why he's now the best goalie in the league. Even the superstars has to train to keep a high level of performance. Being good is part gift and the other part is work. Talent alone can bring you to greatness with how much the other players are good. We are not anymore in the '80 with crappy goalies that only stand on their skate. You have to keep your reflexes sharp and keep practicing your puck tracking skills. 
You can practice alone, but I don't think it's really efficient and prefer when at least one other skater is there. That way you can do some drills with pucks and someone that can score against you. 
When alone, you can take some puck and get some puckhandling skills to be able to help your defender and also your mouvments more fluid to be able to move quickly to any situation during a play.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Option 2

One of the drills my player utilizes in practice is the quick-fire shooting drill.  In this drill, a goal stands in the net and tries to defend shots.  My player stands at the middle of the slot and tries to snipe the corners of the net, aiming to hit targets behind the goalie.  Much like the skills competition based shooting accuracy challenge, this drills is useful for both player and goalie, as the player aims to work on his accuracy from a key spot on the ice in a live situation.  For the goalie, they are tasked with defending a high-danger look, which often results in goals.  To mix the drill up, the shooter will also swap locations, sometimes moving to near the circles to give the goalie new looks and to practice other angles.  Additionally, this drill also sometimes adds two other players: a defender in front of the net and a screener.  This provides an opportunity to work on deflections, defending, and making it even harder for the screened goalie.

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 03:36 PM by wizard_literal.)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: Describe a drill your player does with your goalie in practice. If you are a goalie, your task has not changed, but you get to decide whether you're drilling with your backup or playing with yourself.

There are any number of drills we could dive in depth for a Goalie and Defensiveman pairing, but by far the most out of the box drill Gato pushes for practice with is the no hands drill! When putting yourself between an opposing shot on goal and the goalie your biggest(literally) asset is using your body to get in the way of the puck. To train your body movement without the crutch hand/arm balance and a Hockey Stick allows you to make maneuvers on a dime to get in the way of a shot on goal. Now this applied to the Goalie just as well with those big leg pads, if you can stop a puck without your hands, you're 90% of the way towards pitching a shut out. So pair up with two Forwards against 1 Defensiveman and 1 Goalie, hands tied behind your back of course, and see if you can stop a shot with just your body!

161 words

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

Kelowna sports hockey writer put out a hit peace on Daniel Durkburg saying how he is an alright player but not pulling his weight for a 3rd year player and the team Kelowna Knights have been struggling too win games for another season loosing game after game a little bit better than last season but not much of difference. He is saying the team should consider trading Daniel Durkburg due too his off-ice behaviors and not being 100% commidet too making a difference in Kelowna the sports writer is saying Kelowna Knights would be better off trading Daniel Durkburg for future assasts too improve the team in coming years. Durkburg took time too create a Burner account and the at wacksportsmediamedation where he attacked back at the sports writer blasting him and his family going over the line a bit when he mentioned all his kids and wife who has been suffering after car accident. There's going too be an investigation into this occurrence

Quote:
Citadelles

Option 2:

I always like having some time after practice to work with my goalie on small drills. I usually grabbed the back up because it gives them a chance to keep themselves sharp as well. My favourite drill to do is one that helps me visualize what kind of rebounds my point shots will create. I want to be able to put the puck in a spot for my forwards to react to.

I'll line up a pile of pucks and talk to my goalie as I take each shot. I want to hear from them what a goalie's tendencies are. If I shot blocker side high, where is the rebound likely to go. When the shot is on the ice, what is the goalie looking to do with the puck. After some information is transferred, I'll start putting up shots from the point and following how the rebounds come off for each shot. This will help me get a better idea of where to shoot during the game depending on where my forward is at the time.

(177 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 08:30 AM by domffl. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: oops thought this was mPT )

There is a bit of a reputation issue in the Aurora locker room. Well, more like a reputation war. Every skater wants to be known as one of the best shooters. Essentially, there are three titles up for grabs: Power Shooter, Accurate Shooter, and Best Shooter. First two are self-explanatory. Best Shooter goes to the player who best combines their power and accuracy. It's one thing for a defenseman to wind up and launch a puck from the blue line, but it's something different altogether for him to also place that powerful shot into a corner of the net. While most people would expect one of the senior players to have the title of Best Shooter, it is low-down known as rising star James Ward-Prowse.
The goalies want to improve, of course. So they often seek out those titled players when they are looking to grind a bit after practice. When the goalie is feeling particularly lucky, he will ask JWP to practice blocking corners after practice. On those days he actually is lucky, he stops about 10% of JWP's shots instead of the normal 3-5%.

[Image: jwpshl.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 04:26 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Typo )

Option 1:

Written Task: An old-school hockey media boomer of whatever type you dislike the most is complaining about your player and demanding you be traded. Everyone who knows what they're talking about is already calling him a moron, but you decide to get in on the fun. Using your player's burner twitter/X/whatever it is this week account, write a trollpost response designed to infuriate the boomer media host and his fans. The sillier the better. Your objective is to make him angry and make everyone else bust their guts.

"Hey there, Boomer McToughGuy! Caught wind of your trade chatter. But relax, I'm already plotting my 'Hockey in Hawaii' venture! Picture this: slapshots on sandy beaches, coconut water in the penalty box, and a hockey stick doubling as a surfboard! 

Seriously though, your passion for trades is adorable. How about a swap deal? Me for a dozen beach towels and a parrot that chirps 'goal' every time someone scores? I hear they're still using telegraphs for your updates! #TradeMeToTheTropics

By the way, I've been practicing my slapshot with coconuts. I'll send you a signed one when it flies farther than your last century's hockey opinion! Just make sure to put it in the fridge. I've heard they have a bit of a temper! #IceColdOpinions"

This light-hearted response aims to inject humor and absurdity into the situation, diffusing tension with playful exaggerations while inviting a chuckle or two from the audience. But secretly Tom Pedersen will hold a grudge that’ll last for a very long time. 

Words: 165

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]