Create Account

S74 All Star Week

GM Pass

Foil Up Boys

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE. 

MILESTONE THREAD 3 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

I think it makes the allstar game better when this happens, it showcases those team's abilities to construct a strong roster and regardless of what team they play for I believe the best players should play in the all-star game and not be limited based off of how many are from each team. Besides, when I make the SHL and Seattle is on the come up and we have a team full of all-stars I won't want to have it changed. (124 Words 1 TPE)

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

I think Squidwardo should have made the all star game based purely off of vibes. No stats or advanced stats should be looked at, not even post count or any in depth counting stats. With the all-star game being held in the Yukon, why not let SMJHL Yukon Malamute Squidwardo Tentacles onto the ice to show these "SHL All Stars" how it is done? Even if not participating in the all star game, maybe Squidwardo will come out for the skills competition. (114 words) 1 TPE

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)

How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I think that TPE definitely matters for an all-star nod. When it comes down to it, higher TPE means a higher rated player with higher stats. Depending on how Franchise Hockey Manager simulates the player, it can cause some players to outperform their TPE which can earn themselves an allstar nod. I don't agree that having high TPE should automatically earn you an all-star nod, as you could make a build with 20 fighting, aggression and bravery and be the best 4th line grinder of all time but that doesn't make you an all-star. The current format allows players that put up great stats and aren't max TPE to earn a spot in the lineup which I personally prefer. I do think the all-star game should move away from having a player from every team and move towards each team being created with the strongest players in the league so it is more of a best on best game. (179 words) 3 TPE

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]

GM pass

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

ho pass

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 03:06 PM by tomtommen. Edited 3 times in total. Edit Reason: Made another claim )

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones 

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The teammate that made it into the all star team is Sophie Bordeleau. This is her fifth time in the All star game so it is quite common practice for her. And since she is the best player on Calgary Dragons by far it is common knowledge that she’ll be the participant from our team. And she even had her best season ever point wise so it is a no brainer. In the 66 games she played she managed to score 38 goals and assist 55 times. For a total of 93 points on a bottom scraping team. That is impressive. Her +/- of -32 is the only negative stat to talk about in her entire career. Average time on ice of 23:52. No fights. A 55.9% win rate on faceoffs. 49 blocked shots and 40 minutes in the ice box. Impressive stats. Very impressive. I do believe she’ll have another great season next year and will earn another All star team participation. 

Words: 164

How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

In the arena of sports, such as the all-star team selection, it tends to be the highest-rated player on each team who secures a coveted spot. However, there's an additional layer to this dynamic – the significance of one's popularity among fellow users. This becomes particularly crucial if you're not the leading figure on your team. Teams often form alliances, akin to packs in the wilderness, to collectively cast votes for their most favored teammate, amplifying their chances of landing the prestigious position.
Moreover, users may extend their votes beyond their own team, possibly endorsing players on other teams whom they hold in high regard. It's a gesture of camaraderie, a friendly nod across team boundaries. Yet, this entire process mirrors the essence of any popularity contest – a phenomenon deeply rooted and likely resistant to change. The key, it seems, lies in building connections and fostering a commendable reputation within the community. This enduring tradition relies on the principles of camaraderie, reflecting a reality that seems unlikely to alter anytime soon.

Words: 170

Total: 3 TPE + 3 TPE + 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE = 8 TPE TPE TPE, TPE TPE TPE

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Simmer Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Offseason Pass (JHO)

CW pass. Ty

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

JHO Offseason Pass
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 11:36 AM by ValorX77. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL CW +3 TPE

6. [Image: Yukon_ASG_Logo.png?ex=65c29e23&is=65b029...2e5dc971f&]

Milestones +2 TPE

8/8

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

gm

[Image: rotti.gif]

ASW Pass - IIHF Fileworker

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 10:15 AM by ViN. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465058

Code:

While I believe there should most definitely be a correlation between TPE and an all-star nod, I don't believe this should be the only factor. Regular season stats should absolutely be the biggest factor there is. You could have the most TPE in the league, or even in league history, but if you under perform I believe that should be a huge factor in getting a vote to be an all-star. Now on the other hand, you could be the lowest TPE player in the league, and if you are out performing everyone else I'd expect for them to be voted to be an all star before somebody with the average TPE performing the same. Another factor worthy of a mention is age. An older player like Dick Clapper, regardless of his TPE, also deserves his all-star nod this year. Send him out with a bang to retirement.

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic
Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!

[Image: 9P94jux.png]

8/8 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

j gm pass

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh