Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

Option 2

If you want to be the best, you have to train like the best. If you want to be average, sure take some time off and relax on a beach somewhere poisoning your body and taking a step back from where you finished the season at. Jack St. Clair wants to be the best, and last I checked he hasn't reached that height. That means that there is very little time in the offseason to neglect training. Sure he might not practice hockey specific drills everyday, but you best believe that he maintaining his cardio, finding ways to work on all the little things that will set him above the rest. JSC never takes time off from the gym, he will take a de-load day here and there but he is still training whether it be lighter weights, or more mobility focused. Especially now that he is about to hit regression, staying strict the regime will be the only way to fight off the aging effects.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Prompt 2:

Realistically, the offseason should be a time of relaxation for players so they can avoid burnout and be mentally ready for next season. After all, while the game is certainly about skill and athleticism, it's just as much a mental game. At least, that's how things should go.

For Svoboda, hockey is all he knows. When he needs to relax, he plays hockey. When he needs to clear his mind, he plays more hockey. You get the idea. This is why Svoboda's offseason consists of being on the ice any chance he gets. One way he does relax is that he avoids cardio work outs for a month or two, that's the one thing he definitely hates. In fact, he mostly avoids the gym altogether in the summer. Instead he's out there practicing his puck handling, his shots, his passing. When he can he finds some local pickup games to join. Anything to satisfy his hockey fix.

157 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Off-season life for gnabe is like most other professionals in the game this time around. He really just spent a lot of time honeing his skills and making sure that the phorge are able to go or and perform this season unlike some of the other seasons in the past. To do this just like most pros gnabe spent 50% of his day eating and focusing on diet and the other 50% was spent trying hard to train at a high level. To do this he found the local dive bars to be a good place to set up to get this done. Gnabes diet consisted of PBR and wings, a staple diet of any professional athlete. And for training he didn't even have to leave, he just had to get another person in the bar drunk and then start a bar fight and that would be harder training than any boxing gun he would not be as an alternative.

PBE Affiliate

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

I think the offseason should be a mix of training to stay in shape and relaxing for players. Of course those athletes are paid absurd amounts to play hockey but constantly training and practicing takes a huge amount of time so spending time doing what they enjoy, relaxing and spending time with family is just as important as physical training. I actually don't know what I'm talking about but it just seems to me like there is no correct way to do it so it's fair enough to spend a week doing absolutely nothing to recharge your batteries after a tiring season and then you can just go back to the place you call home and spend time with your family while training enough to not lose too much muscle mass and once you're closer to the season, train more in hockey related exercises to get rid of some rust.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Option 1

OH NO! PATYA AM SEE SPOOPY GHOSTMANS! Wait, is mite-hockey coach. Patya am remembering him, hear he am have unfortunate molasses sandwich accident but he was much old so is okay, he am have good life. He saying Patya not playing right way any more, and lost faith in heart of puck. Patya very confused and must ponder. Patya thinking whole time he am playing right way but now need re-evaluate. He am saying other ghostmans am come to help, which Patya appreciate. Patya always open to constructive criticism, even from ghostmans! Maybe this happening because Patya am play for Ghostmans? Patya not know. Patya want for always play the right way so for find success. Patya thinking he on right track because am playing much good in current season. Patya have met first ghostmans already and he am telling Patya for be stronger on puck, and Patya take this to heart. He also say Patya need hit more and Patya been hitting much this season. Patya left wondering what other ghostmans am come to tell him later on.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=684275 - PBE Affiliate

[Image: dc24.png]

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

Sean Davies prefers to spend the first half of his off season building up some base fitness without worrying too much about his skating. He'll hit the gym some and try to put on some muscle and regain of the weight lost over the course of the season. He also enjoys going out for some easy runs. Nothing too intense at this point, just some base mileage to build up some endurance and prepare for the hard work in the 2nd half off the offseason. During the 2nd half he'll stop taking vacations and start focusing more on ramping up to game readiness. His workouts and runs will start to be less casual and will become more intense as he tries to really push the limits of his body. He'll also start skating to bust the rust and work on his skating legs. Eventually this ramp up will reach a peak a bit before the season, and from there he will throttle back and taper down until opening day, hoping to keep all the gains he made but shake off some of the aches and pains acquired from weeks of intense work.

Option 2

Dag-Otto is of the belief that players should be able to do whatever they want during the off-season with little to no scrutiny. But of course that'll never happen for any famous players. There are definitely some borders you shouldn't cross. You still have to keep somewhat fit, not going too far from your current weight and body fat percentage. But only going to the gym once a week is acceptable. And it's how Dag-Otto spends most of his off-seasons. Then when it gets closer to training camp he slowly ramps up to get back into the grove. But the off-season is the only period of the year where professional hockey players are actually allowed to relax. No need to hit the ice every day, or take part in film studies, or dressing up for a media event. Some players, Dag-Otto, included need this time every year to reset both body and mind. To be able to play another 66 games without falling apart.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

A typical offseason will see Frøya taking a little bit of a break and then getting right back to training. After all, who wouldn't want to take a moment to themselves after the weight of a heartbreaking loss? After losing once again to Detroit 4-2 in the playoffs, Frøya wondered what she needed to do, what she needed to accomplish to level up her game. Though she knew that dwelling on it constantly would only result in her getting frustrated at not being able to find some answers. Deciding that the best course of action would be to take a week or two off to get her mind off things and change her perspective after a while... or so she thought. She'd been contacted to represent Team Norden at the World Junior Championships and as last year's rookie of the tournament, she was more than excited to play for a medal. Unfortunately, her wishes of dominating the tournament weren't going to be fulfilled. Despite being played a solid amount of time per night, both her and Sonja were unable to produce very much. With only 3 goals and 5 assists between the two of them, the tournament was an obvious flop offensively, but they didn't do too bad defensively, enough that Team Norway invited them to join the team as the 3rd pair where they not only recorded a total of 1 goal and 11 assists between the two of them, but also managed to get 2 connections in the Bronze medal game to win the Bronze together. The coaches over in Norway showed them various techniques that they never thought of, which hopefully they could translate at the SMJHL level and then on in their career. The rest of the offseason was spent trying their best to hone and master these new techniques and see if they can start producing better than other player in the league.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

ISFL Affiliate - username is FTR

RIP Mac & 701

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 01:27 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Workout graphic

[Image: image.png?ex=65dc2093&is=65c9ab93&hm=de9...71576d29d&]

Shawn Pawn is not much of a fan of spending his time in the gym, instead he likes to work out by competing in highland game like activities like shown above. His favorite event is the Caber toss

First and foremost, my coach would probably come back to tell me that it is an absolute shock that I have even made it this far. I have not grown a single inch in height since the fifth grade, and I eat nothing but processed foods and garbage. I have gained 20 pounds every off season, and I am one hundred percent not talking about muscle. I am a short and fat, elderly man who has no business on the ice, but oh well. I honestly need someone in my life who is going to swoop in, covered in chains probably, and tell me I am a garbage ass shit hockey player and need three spirits to wake my dumb ass up and teach me how to play hockey in a non-terrible way. I accept this as probably a nitrogen induced hallucination but I heed his warnings, just in case it is actually happening.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Prompt 2:

Everyone needs to follow the Jay O'Neil method of off season training, it does wonders for the mind and body and gets you primed and ready for the season. First you have to either buy/rent a cabin in a remote region of Alaska, how you actually get there is up to you. Once you get there you start up by getting into your full hockey gear, you turn off all the lights, lay on the ground and play audio recordings of hockey games at two times speed. In complete darkness, the only thing you'll be able to sense is pure hockey. You'll absorb it so completely that it'll be part of your very fabric and being. After 72 hours of listening to 148 hours worth of hockey audio (because of times two speed) you'll know every play and player and be able to anticipate what your opponent is going to do more than they'll even know. You'll be unstoppable next season.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Option 1
Thomas Sawschuk would find the whole experience very surreal. It isn't something they feel like they need but I am also sure Thomas does not know the Christmas Carol. Which means that this would not be derivative to them. The first ghost being his old coach would be very weird. Its like getting advice from an active addict. Coach Turner was addicted to smelling salts. They lost games because he couldn't stop huffing those things. He never got better. The molasses sandwich incident was just a coverup for the smelling salts. Thomas would probably point this out, along with the fact that he just won the Champion Cup as a rookie, while Coach Turner died like Elvis. Alone, on the toliet, with a sandwich laced with smelling salts. Tommy would probably wake up and wonder if it was real, but then would find smelling salts around his window, begging the question on if it was real.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]