Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

To train for skating, Thomas Liebold partakes in a rigorous training schedule consisting of various different workouts. He starts with a nice warmup of 3 miles around the track, then immediately begins to run 100 yard sprints. He takes 30 second breaks in between each 100 yards. On days that Thomas Liebold has practice, he takes extra time at the end of each practice to participate in bag skating. His cardio is important to him so he doesn't get tired on his shifts. Besides cardio training, Thomas Liebold also trains his legs twice a week through weight training. A typical leg day for Thomas Liebold involves bulgarian split squats with 100 pound dumbbells in each hand. He then follows those with sumo squats, his personal record being 365 pounds. He does hip thrusts on the smith machine and then finishes his workouts with the leg extension machine, maxing it out.

Option 2

Mikko once heard a coach tell him to train skating. He was very confused, what does a train have to do with skating?  Well, Mikko set out to find out exactly what the coach meant.  It took quite a while for Mikko to find a train company willing to let him on the tracks, but after weeks of trying, he was finally able to train skating.  Mikko took out a loaded coal car onto the ice in northern Finland and strapped a jacket / chains and connected the train to him.  It was definitely a struggle to get moving at first, but slowly and surely he was able to get the train up to speed on the ice and could really sense how well it was working for his skating because his legs were getting very tired especially after the initial push of getting the train up to speed.  But, that's where he ran into issues .. literally.  He couldn't get the train to stop before the end of the frozen lake it the train smashed directly into a small little sugar shack that was processing Maple Syrup.  No one was hurt in the incident

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

[Image: lou.jpg?ex=65efcc21&is=65dd5721&hm=effc5...height=676]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Prompt 2:

It's leg day for Andren and that means that he starts the day by slamming his 20 year old copy of 'Buns of Steel' into the VHS player his parents gave him when he moved to America. He watches it, start to finish, copying the moves of Tracey York until the credits roll. After his buns are sufficiently burning, it's time for a cool down before moving to his next workout. Jazzercize class is where it's at for him now, the erratic movements, the jazz hands, the sliding back and forth only serve to improve his agility. Then it's onto the boring stuff: leg press, squats, dead-lifts and calf raises before he gets to the best part of his day, trampoline time. Bouncing up and down on those springy contraptions gives Andren both the explosiveness training he wants and the risk of injury and death he needs to take it seriously.

151 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Despite the usage of legs in its design, Dodgeball is not the exercise DuBølk uses for his skating regiment. Instead, he takes notes from famed NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby and does a sort of leg therapy. He has a personal hypnotist come to his house, then asks him to use hypnotic suggestion to make him believe that he does not have his legs. After about 12 hours, he has his team dress him and take him to the rink. There, he is put on the ice, and asked to stand (which he then vehemently refuses, since he "doesn't have is legs"). From there, a teammate checks into him, and the adrenaline kicks in, causing him to find his balance. After a revelation that, he does indeed have legs, he proceeds to skate at the aggressor full speed, stickchecking them in the face. They get a 1 month subscription to FHN for participating.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Option 2

Gronlund did not get the nickname BNB (Big Norewigan Boy) for no reason. He is a thicc, stacked, jacked man. Constantly working out whenever he gets the chance. Unlike most normies who do leg day once a week or even skip it entirely. Gronlund hits legs three times a week. He goes to the gym six times a week. His whole work out is a master class of spending way to long in the gym. Cardio, Legs, Chest, Legs, Back, Legs. You name it. On the ice you have to be strong in the legs so the smaller rats can't knock you down. That's what Grondlunds father told him and he took it a little too literal. You know the resistance training that pro football players do with the giant rubber band that launches them backwards. Yeah Grondlund does that too. Grondlund is a freak of discipline. He is always pushing himself to the next level.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Option 2:

The way that a person becomes a faster skater is to increase your strength, power and explosiveness. The way that a training session is done for improving skating is to be working on skating power and speed through weight training and plyometrics. Good weight training exercises include doing deadlifts, squats, and leg presses. Good use of non-weight activities include lunges, lateral lunges, box jumps, and sprinting. A good way to build up power and speed is to have a combination of both weight, lifting exercises, and nine weight exercises. Doing a combination of these exercises to a good workout routine will allow your player to have both quicker and faster feet, along with a more explosive drive to be able to reach max top in speed. However, training off the ice is not the only thing that helps a person skate faster. While you are on the ice, you need to be looking at your scaling posture, your stride length and your stride frequency with your skating posture you need to have the correct posture to be able to give your body While on the ice. As far as stride length goes, you should be having a full length stride with full extension and as far as stride frequency the quicker your strides are the faster you will be at skating, so combining both the office training and the focus of on ice training will allow a player to be as fast as they can.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2024, 12:36 AM by Nhamlet.)

Option 2

As part of any typical training pathway, Minamino started off heavily with compound lifts in trying to build up his all around strength and size. There were some concerns as the seasons progressed about his commitment to things like stamina and cardio given his personal preference to not engage much in those kinds of activities. However after finding himself reaching a bit of a wall in his first couple seasons as a pro in the SHL with the Chicago Syndicate, he hired a personal trainer over the offseason and found himself to be among one of the fittest in terms of stamina for a few seasons. It wasn't something that would last given the natural decline over time, but it was at least an area he felt that he had a lot of success in despite his earlier career struggles. These days with his advanced age relative to his peers, there is a much more balanced focus instead on things like more functional movement and flexibility to reduce the increasing likelihood of injury.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Prompt 1

WOWIE! Patya putting head to work with brain and hands and feet and am make much crazy plays now! Is wild how Bobby Orr am rub off on Patya. Maybe Patya switch playstyle a little bit because Patya getting older and need for be able to adapt. Patya been pretty good at this but could always be better. Patya probably not switch positions though because Patya not so good at defense. Patya not really thinking coach consider for switch but would do it if coach wanted because Patya am team player. Patya not really confused how he pull off this move because Patya am having much skill, but it feel a bit like Patya maybe slightly recapturing youth with moves like this. Teammates responded same way as always because they know Patya much good offensive player who am having such sick moves. Patya really take it to heart anyway though because Patya always want for be the best player he can be! Patya very much looking forward for meet more ghosts because Patya so eager for learn!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

When it comes to training his skating prowess, Billy Herrington takes a unique approach by incorporating SHL Kush into his workouts. With the SHL's premier sponsor at his side, Billy transforms his training sessions into a blend of athleticism and relaxation. Picture Billy hitting the ice with a vaporizer in hand, taking smooth, deep inhales of SHL Kush before gliding effortlessly across the rink. The calming effects of SHL Kush help him find his flow on the ice, enhancing his focus and fluidity of movement. In addition to on-ice sessions, Billy integrates SHL Kush into his off-ice training regimen. He engages in leg workouts that combine strength training with yoga-inspired stretches, all while indulging in the soothing effects of SHL Kush. Bag skates? They're a breeze for Billy, thanks to the enhanced endurance and mental clarity provided by SHL Kush. With SHL Kush as his secret weapon, Billy Herrington elevates his skating game to new heights, gliding effortlessly across the ice with style and grace.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Option 2:

Antoine Beauregard is a beast of a man. Standing at 6'7" and 240 lbs he is a menace in front of the net. The only training necessary is to increase his size. The more muscle he packs on, the harder it will be for defenders to engage him in front of the net. Every single day in the gym is leg day for Antoine. That is just a part of his daily routine, before he starts his actual gym workout. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is a complete upper body workout. This is followed up by a cool down core workout routine. Then every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday is a comprehensive core workout followed up by a cool down upper body workout routine. Saturdays are saved for video analysis and on ice conditioning with the trainers. Finally Sunday is a rest day for Antoine, where he goes to the boxing gym and spars with the local amateur fighters.

W:157

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I practice my skating by doing legged-focused workouts to gain strength in my legs and create a more powerful stride, then after I do some sort of cardio to condition the legs so I can have an explosive hard shift. My cardio is more like sprints with rest to replicate a hockey shift and so my training becomes like hockey. when I go on the ice to train I usually just do stuff like power skating to work on my edge work and to make sure that I am good on my edges. I try to practice the basics and sometimes that's all you need is mobility to move on the ice and try to make it so i can move well side to side aned move with good agility, and try to be explosive and i know i am not the fastest skater but i wanted to be able to cut down on angles and gain speed quickly

[Image: hallsy.png]

Rasmus trains his skating to increase speed. Anything that he can do to make himself faster will be explored. Building leg muscle? Catch him at the squat rack. Drinking a ton of caffeine and energy drinks so his legs move faster than advisable by a doctor? You’ll find him chugging at intermission. He’ll go out to the mountains in the West and take the gondola up to the top. He’ll then start sprinting down the mountain at full speed in a straight line, dodging obstacles as necessary. This kind of training helps his brain process things at top speed. No one on the ice looks faster than a tree hurtling towards you as you sprint out of control down the rockies. He’ll also do wind sprints in Denver and other high altitude cities - not for his lungs but because he thinks the altitude makes his leg muscles grow more efficiently. No ones really sure about the science behind it but he reasons Cale Makar and Mackinnon play in Denver and they’re pretty fast so it must work.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Option 2:

The twins have been training together since they have started playing hockey at a very young age. As such their training method is often not that different if not straight up identical. Of course they often copy one another when they see that something the other doing seems to be working well. As such Sonja has many of her training methods from Frøya. The main difference however is the way they warm up. After all Frøya is often found to be running on the treadmill which is something Sonja dislikes. Rather she would go on the stationary bike and use that for warm up. Once she is done warming up, she usually goes onto the ice and waits for her sister there, after all the pair still train together just like how they did all the way back when they started. While she waits, she usually do some slaloms both forward and backward to get into the rythm. Once Frøya arrives, the pair would usually hold a race to see which one of them is faster. Which of course allows them to see who needs to improve on what.

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Option 1:

Slip McScruff laughs it off and moves on. He doesn't want his teammates to see his supernatural ability because then they might expect more from him. He's not trying to ruffle any feathers at this point in his career. Internally, he is incredibly anxious. Now that he has finally experienced real hockey skill after years of playing mediocre at best, it pains him to play the role of the old bumbling fool. With the natural skill of Bobby Orr, he may slip up and pull some impressive moves in the middle of the game with actual fans in attendance.

He is on edge about the Ghost of Hockey Present visiting. On the one hand, the ghosts clearly imbue awesome power. He could learn something useful, unlike this hockey skill, which lets him milk his hockey celebrity for even more money. However, he may learn more forbidden hockey knowledge that makes it harder to hide his innate skill. Hopefully he is visited by Jaromir Jagr to learn the secrets of an immortal hockey career.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]