Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

Valerija Serapin fell asleep easily that night until she was started awake by Connor McDavid jumpascare. So shocked she was that she accidentally punch the superstar in the face. He simply ignored the knuckle sandwich, and explained his purpose for being here. He was intended to teach a lesson on playing through adversity but never cared about that stick and explained what he actually wanted from her. The trade Connor offered was intriguing to Valerija. A practically mythical workout routine known by some of the best players on the world in exchange for the secret of winning in the playoffs, something Valerija has experience with. How can you explained a complicated thing like that? Valerija started by explaining that the reason she loves ice hockey so much is that, while skill player like Connor, Sid, and Brad are important to a teams' success, it is the hard working players like herself that are the difference between a first round exit and a deep cup run.

Written Task / Option 1

If this occurred, I would have to decline this offer from the NHL's best player, Connor McDavid. I won't lie, I would first really think about this as longevity is rare these days and playing days are never guaranteed. But in my opinion, what is a long career without wins when it matters the most? If I could play one more season but know that I would be hoisting the cup at the end of it, you better believe I would take that offer. Winning really is everything to me, and I'm not going to sacrifice my team's success in the playoffs just so that I can play longer. Given that I am a defenseman, I also would be skeptical as to whether the workout routine would even suit my style of play! In the end, I would politely tell Connor that I am not interested in this offer, but I am happy to try and show him how to win in the playoffs nonetheless.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Mary suddenly found herself awoken once again on her couch, hand in an already half consumed bowl of popcorn. Gotta stay on brand, people. She blinked and rubbed her eyes before attempting to focus on the room around her. Alas, her view was obstructed. There was some sort of apparition in her living room with her. Holy guacamole! Spooky! But wait, he's kinda cute... hang on, is that Connor McDavid? What is he doing in here?

As it turned out, he had an offer to make to our dear friend Miss Hollywood. He'd give her a few pointers on some kind of bizarre training regimen, if she would teach him how to succeed in the playoffs. The problem was, he'd probably picked the wrong girl for this one. Mary very gently told dear old Connor about her heinous performance in her only playoff series, and how her poor play was a major factor in her team getting bounced in the first round. Bummer.

While she never did discover McDavid's training secrets, there was no need to fret. She'd already hit 20 goals on the year by now, so she was all set to check out, eat popcorn, and vape to her heart's content.

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 01:03 AM by Leafs4ever.)

Option 2:

As a defenceman, you're going to play a ton of minutes every night. The nature of the job calls for defencemen to be in tip-top cardiovascular shape. Stamina and endurance is absolutely key. It's not just about being able to play big minutes. It's about being able to sustain a high level of play while skating those minutes. Sure, you could coast out there for your minutes, but actually utilizing those minutes is the key part.

Skating is one of the most intense cardio activities you can do, so I make sure to get in a lot of skating drills every day. I'll go out and skate with a puck and stick and race around the ice mimicking shifts in the SHL. Quick bursts from blue line to blue line helps control my heart rate when I need to accelerate at any time. There aren't many things that can compare to skating so I have found it best to just get on the ice and build up your endurance on there.

(171 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
5-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 7] [SB 33]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Option 2 written task: Training endurance and stamina for the regular season in ice hockey is crucial for players to maintain peak performance throughout the demanding schedule of games.I would focus on interval training as it involves alternating between periods of high-intensity exercise and active recovery. This type of training is particularly effective for ice hockey players as it simulates the stop-and-go nature of the game. For instance, players might sprint for 30 seconds followed by a minute of jogging or skating at a lower intensity. This trains the body to recover quickly between shifts and maintain high energy levels throughout the game. While strength training primarily targets muscle strength and power, it also plays a role in improving endurance and stamina so it is important to focus on that as well. Stronger muscles are more resistant to fatigue, allowing players to sustain their performance for longer durations. Strength training exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, and plyometrics help build a solid foundation for endurance training.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Simmer PT pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Task 2:

William Salming trains stamina and endurance the correct way. His body is his work tool. That's way he wants to treat it like it is the most important thing in the world. His diet is strict and also he has hired all professional from different fields of life to help him perform as well as possible. Same applies for training stamina and endurance. Salming has a special program which he follows tightly. Every summer for example once a week he runs with a small tempo 17 kilometres. That trains his endurance, muscle toughness and stamina. Also mental toughness. Because you have to run slowly so you get all the benefits from that kind of workout. Remember kids, short workouts are meant to be done with a high tempo and long workout are meant to be done with small effort, as easy as possible. Salming also skates twice a week all year around which helps him maintain his physical condition very well. It also keeps his touch to the ice good.

[Image: salming.png]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Cormier realizes that it's important to train a variety of things when preparing for the season but there are definitely some things he enjoys more than others. If he had to rank them, it would be skill training, then strength training, then mobility training, then endurance training. Let's be honest, every player loves skill training to one extent or another, or at the very least doesnt hate it. We all grew up stick handling in the basement and denting garage doors. It's the fundemental practice that has a large effect on what you can do on the ice at full speed. Strength training is also something Cormier gets a great deal of pleasure from. He loves the feeling you get when you know you've pushed your muscles to their limit and you try to push through for just that one last rep. It's carthatic and therapeutic in a way too. Mobility training comes next to keep the joints and hips at their best and aid in recovery. But endurance training he truly loathes. He does do some, but would rather skip it if he could more often than not.

Option 2:

How does Ace Lightning train endurance and stamina? He runs around the continental United States of America FOR FUN. Basically, once the season is over and he’s done with his trip to Bali, he gets on his bike and heads to the Santa Monica pier in Los Angeles, then he runs all the way to the Maine Timbers arena and pees on the statue of a tree they have out front (BATTLEBORN STRONG). To train endurance and stamina though, he starts the day out slowly, only running a few miles in the first hour, then gradually ups his speed until he is running at nearly a full sprint for the last 8 hours of his day. He probably runs 20 hours a day in order to finish in his goal of 7 days. Ace doesn’t need much sleep or food to survive. In his rookie season, it took him 10 days and he almost quit hockey he was so embarrassed. He has a goal of 24 hours by the time he hits regression. You kids can learn from him.

Adam Liebold's training for endurance and stamina is intense to say the least. He wakes up every morning at 4 am and runs 10 miles. He does this with a weighted vest. After the run he comes inside to eat breakfast and he eats while he is training on the bike. He does 50 miles on the stationary bike then gets ready for the day. He heads to the rink next and skates pyrmids the full length of the ice up to 15. He does this by starting at one goal line and sprinting down the full length of the ice then back. That is one, next he does is down and back twice. This continues until he does 15 full ice sprints. He then works down from there, completing 14 full ice sprints then 13 and so on. He does this down to a final sprint. This totals 225 full speed sprints the full length of the ice. Adam then heads to lunch and after he eats completes a normal practice. He relaxes in an ice bath after and sometimes ends the day with another 15 mile run.

Foil Up Boys

So, Launchpad McQuack, the rad pilot from Duckburg, kicks off his day dodging clouds and doing sick aerial stunts in his chopper. It's not just cardio; it's like a gnarly endurance challenge, navigating through stormy skies and dodging unexpected UFOs (you know, like rubber chickens and stuff). or gains in the muscle department, Launchpad's got this rad routine of lifting airplane engines. He's all about that bicep power needed for pulling off those epic mid-air rescues. And, you know, safety first, especially when you're dealing with Scrooge McDuck's fortune – gotta keep that cargo secure! Ski ltraning is all about precision landings on the gnarliest airstrips. Launchpad's all about threading the needle, landing on runways bordered by banana peels. It's like a shoutout to his adventures with the nephews. Plus, he's rocking duck-sized obstacle courses, navigating mini versions of Duckburg's cazy terrain. Now, when it comes to the cardio vs. hard workout ratio, Launchpad's on that "Duck Dash" vibe. He's flipping between high-speed flying sessions and lifting airplane engines, with breaks to drop some wild stories on Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Because, you know, sharing tales of adventures amps up that mental focus and storytelling game. in a nutshell, Launchpad McQuack's training is a total blast – mixing aerial antics, airplane engine lifts, precision landings, and storytelling breaks. 'Cause when you're the pilot for Scrooge McDuck and the gang, every workout's like a crazy adventure waiting to happen, dude!

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 04:57 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: typo )

To maintain top-notch endurance and stamina on the ice, Tom Pedersen of the Calgary Dragons has his own training regimen. While he recognizes the importance of strength (17) and skill training, Tom places a particular emphasis on building an equal good endurance (17) to ensure he can go the distance during intense game situations.

Tom's training routine includes a balanced mix of cardiovascular exercises, strength training, and skill drills. He dedicates a significant portion of his workouts to cardio activities such as running, cycling, and high-intensity interval training while playing DayZ to improve his cardiovascular fitness and boost his endurance levels.

In terms of strength training, Tom incorporates exercises that target both major muscle groups and smaller stabilizing muscles to enhance overall strength and power on the ice. This includes compound movements like squats, deadlifts, couchtime and bench presses, as well as functional exercises such as kettlebell swings and medicine ball throws.

When it comes to skill training, Tom focuses on honing his hockey-specific abilities through drills that simulate game situations. This includes puck handling drills, shooting practice, hanging in the corner by the boards and tactical exercises designed to improve his decision-making and situational awareness on the ice. He also does his tasks to earn more TPE. TPE is important for getting Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. All this gets done while listening to Daft Punk.

In terms of the ratio between cardio and hard workouts, Tom follows a periodized training program that varies throughout the offseason and in-season periods. During the offseason, he may prioritize gaming, cardio and endurance training to build a strong aerobic base, while in-season, he may shift his focus more towards maintaining strength and power while still incorporating cardio and gaming to ensure he maintains his endurance levels throughout the season. Ultimately, Tom understands the importance of finding the right balance between cardio, strength, and skill training to optimize his performance on the ice. Rest and cheese doodles are very important.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Andrade La Sombra, admittedly, doesn't have a clue who Connor McDavid is. However, this McDavid character definitely gave La Sombra something to consider. A trade offer, a secret training regimen (from someone who La Sombra assumes is legendary) for a rundown of how to win in the playoffs. Noting that Connor didn't specify whether to win in the SMJHL Playoffs or the SHL playoffs, La Sombra agrees. He then goes into a spiel about how the Colorado Raptors, one of the greatest teams on this entire planet, ran through the playoffs and made it all the way to the championship game in his rookie season. It's a matter of endurance and internal fortitude, La Sombra says, re-enacting a similar vision of his father winning a championship in his lucha libre wrestling promotion. The speech goes on and on for hours, as La Sombra reminisces about his rookie season and his father's greatest victories... and soon enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Connor McDavid were to leave the room without fulfilling his end of the deal.

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

Written Task: Your player falls asleep that night without incident, but about halfway through the night, they wake up with a start to the face of Connor McDavid looking down on them from above.

Ok, I know I had a whole story line going here with the Bobby Orr situation but Connor McDavid is gonna get a tirade out of me. I am so crazy tired of being force fed the whole Connor McDavid as the face of the NHL. Like the dude oozes asshole every time I see a picture of him. Like I get you have to present yourself a certain way but you can still kind of show what kind of person you are as well. Give the fans something to relate to. I have personally started referring to him as Old Conner while describing Conner Bedard as New Conner. Its like the old Simpsons joke "No Barts. We can have only 1". From now on Old Conner is dead to me and New Conner will be replacing him. Alternatively if we can come up with some good rumours about Old Conner's mom we can have a discussion about letting him back into the fold, but until then OUT!

168 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights