Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

J GM Pass

[Image: gLIi4AC.png]
[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 02:31 PM by ZootTX. Edited 4 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

Milestones +3 TPE

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
Heading into his second season in the SMJHL, I was hopeful that the Anchorage Armada would see more success on the ice than the previous season, and that I would see my player excel as well. I have eschewed the popular builds that support 2 way play and have focused on being the defenseman's defenseman, meaning a focus on puck control, takeaways, and blocked shots. Personally, I feel like I have accomplished my goals. I saw my ice time increase by almost a minute, and went from 43 to 58 takeaways, and from 118 to 168 blocked shots, putting me very close to the top 10 in both categories. Perhaps that's enough to get an All Star mention? We'll see. Unfortunately, the Armada as a team seem mired in the middle of the SMJHL pack finishing 32-32-2 for the season after a 35-29-2 finish last season. While I was hopeful that we could defeat the Great Falls Grizzlies in the playoffs, we were only able to win 2 games against them and exited the playoffs in the first round. Again. Hopefully the next season we'll see some playoff success! (189 words)

8 total TPE

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Code:
Milestones: Max 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517607
+3

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

cogm/ho pass

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif]

HO ASW pass

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

1. Milestones +3 TPE

HO pass

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

If you player is drafted to SHL, but still plays in SMJHL do the SMHJL milestones.

S76 Milestones

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

A: All 3 players for Montreal would be solid in their own way and help win the All Star Game. However the first I'd go with is Damien Hirano. He managed nearly 60 points on the 2nd worst SHL team this season as one of the league's best puck handling forwards.

D: Yet again we have both Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir set to battle it out in net. Can never go wrong with either, however this year I'll give the edge to everyone's favorite Pokémon. Devoir's individual stats were both just a notch above Grzegorz but the bigger draw was just how much better his Goals Saved Above Average were. This points to the idea that he is a little luckier and a little more focused.

Code:
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Bright - by Brooklyn Physt

Wow,
those were the first words when I came up and stepped into the dressing room here in Toronto for the first time seeing the layout, seeing all the names above the lockers and coming to mine. This was it this is real I had hoped from infancy from spending so much time around with my parents on the road That this would be reality that this would be me one day to put on the North star jersey that I’ve been watching through the 50s and early 60s having heard stories from when my dad was much younger having played here being drafted here but I could never have expected.
However everything is gone this season sure it wasn’t perfect but you want to make the playoffs and we didn’t just barely wow I don’t think I’ve ever said another word more this season than wow my first goal our first wins getting to lineup with some legendary cup winning players. Getting to play with other rookies who I’ve spent the last four seasons competing with just the outpouring of love and passion and support from all of you.
Toronto hasn’t even played in the cup finals since S35 they haven’t you we haven’t made the conference finals the final four since S58 when I was just a young fan child. What an honour to be named an All-Star has a rookie to be chosen to play in the game itself every kid dreams of being one of the best of the best in the best league in hockey. I’m going to play for as long as my body will let me, and I want to do it all here for you let’s rock Toronto.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 03:58 PM by tomtommen. Edited 3 times in total. Edit Reason: Added tasks )

1. Kidneystones
+ 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517630

7. Written, 2 TPE, How can so many people be so wrong (100 words min.)

Votes are in and rosters finalized, how you feel about the last 4 players that were voted in? Do you think there were more deserving players that were left out or were you surprised to see these players not to be picked in first place? Did player you voted for get in?

The votes are in, and the rosters are finalised for the All-Star game. But, I have to say, the last four players voted in have left me scratching my head. Don’t get me wrong, they’re talented, but I can't help but feel there were more deserving players left out.
Take Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen, for example. This player racked up 21 goals, 54 assists, and 75 points. Those are All-Star numbers by any measure! Moreover, winning 708 faceoffs with a 56.3% faceoff percentage is no small feat. It’s baffling that such stellar performance didn't secure a spot. 
Personally, the player I voted for didn't make it, and it’s disappointing. The All-Star game should showcase the best of the best, and it feels like the votes didn't quite capture that this year.
It’s important to remember that popularity can sometimes overshadow performance in these situations. But still, it’s hard not to feel that some incredible talent was overlooked. Here’s hoping the All-Star game still delivers an exciting show, even if some of the brightest stars are missing.
But the one I miss the most is Sophie Bordeleau? An All-Star regular for nearly a decade, her absence from this year's roster feels like a glaring omission. Her consistency and skill have always made her a standout, and it’s strange not to see her name among the elite. I wish she hadn’t retired.
Words: 231

A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Hey, fans. Tom Pedersen here, coming at you with a season wrap-up from my own perspective. This past year has been a roller coaster, full of highs, lows, and everything in between. Let's talk about my numbers. 38 goals and 39 assists for a total of 77 points. Those are stats I’m proud of. It shows that I’ve been able to contribute significantly on the offensive end, and making 252 shots proves I’ve been aggressive and taking chances. But, let’s not sugarcoat it: a -23 plus/minus isn’t something I can ignore. It’s a glaring reminder that while our offence was solid, defensively, we have room for improvement.
There were moments of sheer joy, like those 3 game-winning goals. Nothing beats the rush of knowing you’ve clinched a victory for your team. But there were frustrating times too, particularly the 46 penalty minutes I racked up. Discipline is key, and I need to be smarter out there. One of the standout memories of this season was my average ice time of 24:05. It’s a testament to the trust the coaches have in me, and it pushes me to keep working harder. The 124 hits and 72 blocked shots also show I’m not shying away from the physical aspect of the game. While the individual stats are decent, the team performance is what really matters, and we didn’t quite meet our goals this season. It’s a bitter pill to swallow, but it’s also motivation to come back stronger. This offseason, I'll be focusing on improving my defensive play and working on maintaining my discipline. Thanks for sticking with us through the ups and downs. Here’s to a better, more balanced season ahead. Go Dragons!

Words: 284

Total TPE: 8

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Milestones

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Switzerland
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Offseason pass (GM)

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 07:42 PM by ValorX77. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +2 TPE

11. In my opinion, The player that I think that is still active and has the greatest chance to make the hall of fame is Max Manning. He's won three challenge cups, a first-team all star twice, and a second-team all star once. He was one of the most dominant scorers of the early FHM8 era of the SHL. He also racked up the Aidan Richan, Sergi Karpotsov, and Sarmad Kahn trophies during S68, and would also win the Jay McDonald trophy, his second of his three he would have in his career. Although he never won the Ron Mexico trophy, he was nominated twice. Not to mention that he also won the Razov trophy during his dominant S68 season. This man was arguably the face of the Argonauts franchise and guided them to 3 straight challenge cup appearances, winning the latter two. He would also help Winnipeg end their cup drought in S72, but today, he is helping Baltimore win a championship. (162 words)

12. [Image: Prpich-sig.png]

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

Writing to remove task

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

HO Pass

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1. +3 Milestones

3. I'm really excited to talk about blank. I think they were the obvious choice to represent the Montreal Patriotes and I can't wait to see blank on the ice among their peers. Obviously it's a huge honor to get selected even if it's just a friendly game but I know blank won't take it easy and will prove every doubters that Montreal does have some top tier players on its roster. I think it was pretty obvious that blank would be selected for the all star game as their game up to the cutoff for the selection kept getting better and better, from their skating to the board battles to the crisp passes, anyone with eyes could see that Montreal had a special player there. As for the all star game itself, I'm not sure what I expect, but I don't think I'm gonna bet on blank to score a goal. I'm looking forward to watching the all star game to see the familiar Montreal Patriotes jersey on the ice.

4. As I have said in last year's all star week task, I believe it is much better to have at least one player from every team participate in the event. It really sucked to read that my own team, the Montreal Patriotes didn't get a single player in the all star game, even though our top player had better stats than the Seattle pick in my opinion. Seattle was also worthy to participate and it sucks to see 3 teams with 3 players and a lot of teams with 2 players in. I understand those teams are at the top of the leaderboards, but it would've been nice to see at least one player from Montreal make the cut. It really feels like a slap in the face and then the comment about being sorry for Montreal, you'll have your chance in the skills competition? Like what? I don't know. Snake draft is a good idea but there should be a rule that every team must have a representative in my opinion.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]