Create Account

S77 PT #0: Call me again when the season starts Due: Sunday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2024, 11:44 AM by Australiankek. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2 - 

It feels sad when the season is ready to start, no more vacations, no more relaxing. However, this year, Kevin Kim wants to be the player that everyone expected he was. After the horrible season he had, Kevin feels ready for workouts 24/7. First of all, his endurance is one of his weaknesses. So to train this skill, he would run 10 kilos everyday around the track as fast as possible, trying to get a new record each week. Second of all, his offensive skills needed some work as well, to counteract this, he got on the ice each day to do some intensive shooting and puck handling, also timing himself. Lastly, Kevin Kim as his playoff and regular season stats indicates, he is not the best player at defense. So he and his buddies practiced some stick checking and other defensive abilities every other day to somehow up their defensive IQ. 

(153)

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

When it comes to the most recent off-seasons, Johnny Patey V2 has been keeping to himself more than usual. He has been keeping things to himself more than normal because he is not sure if he wants to continue on with his journey as a hockey player, especially after finally winning it all in the SJMHL, and winning the WJC 3 years in a row. He has almost done it all, and he may be looking for a new direction in life, in a totally different job, which would take him away from his current team. Patey V2 always said if he could not give it his all 100% of the time for the team, he should not be there in the first place. As for now he is just resting and thinking about his future career in the upcoming seasons, but we may not know what will happen after the 2 year contract he just signed this past off-season. Patey V2 has been consistently hitting up the gym though, as that has been something he has always done since he was a kid, whether it was because of hockey or not, so at the end of the day, even though he is resting and thinking about a career change, he will always be ready for what is to come in the upcoming season.

2: MattyJ has had a unique offseason. He rested for the first couple weeks and then began his tough offseason workout program. However, right when he started to get into the groove of training, he got shipped off to Vancouver. It was a move he was expecting, so it was not an emotional shock. It still messes with his training program though. He has to focus on meeting his new teammates, learning the new system, while also getting ready for the season. This is a new and tough test, but MattyJ is ready for it. He is using this new team as motivation to work even harder in the offseason. He is hoping to start working out with new teammates soon so they can get some on ice chemistry before the season starts. MattyJ is just ready to get to the regular season but he is definitely training hard to get ready for this new season.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Written Option 2:

Jefferson Steelflex has been grinding away since the day the season ended, so as we wrap up the offseason and get ready to play some hockey, it's only natural that he takes a week to rest and recover. Of course for Jeff, that means taking care of his own personal menagerie at home and enjoying lots of one on one time with a variety of very cool animals. Day one is fish tank day, cleaning the reef tank and feeding the saltwater eel (his name is Philippe). From there it's a matter of working the rounds, new moss and isopods for the tree frogs, some clean sand and water for the snakes, and of course every day he's getting out for a nice, relaxing walk with his dogs. In a hectic world, Jefferson finds a lot of peace and solace in taking care of his animals, it provides a sense of routine that doesn't rely on him getting bodied out on the rink for a few days. After a nice long week with his animals, Jefferson feels ready to give it his all out on the ice for Anchorage.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

Written option 1: Normally Kristians Mikelis would be all in for any sort of opportunity to present himself in front of the hockey community. This summer, however, is a little different. Mikelis decided to take his training to Europe this offseason and was staying with basketball superstar Nikola Jokic in Serbia when his GM asked him to come back early for an advertising opportunity. Mikelis had been having the time of his life on Nikolas horse farm where he would help with the horses in the morning and then train in the afternoons. Coming back to Maine early would mean not only cutting his training short, but he would also have to leave Serbia and his newfound friend early. In the end Mikelis decided that it's not every day he finds himself in a new country, doing something new with new friends, while still playing hockey. This will have to be one of the few times Kristians lets down his GM and fans.
(164 Words)

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

Written Option #2

The off-season is an important time for professional athletes to recover after long physically and mentally challenging seasons. Some players take that time completely off and let loose and little which is definitely needed but Theo Kane doesn't go that far. For first 2 weeks of the off-season is dedicated strictly to rest and recovery. It's important that any lingering injuries that he had throughout the season are fixed because they imped your ability to not only play but train. After that 2 weeks, Theo spends the rest of the off-season improving his physical health to enter the season in even better shape than before. He definitely will enjoy the night life at times as well because you need to ensure your mental health is solid as well. You can't always be in grind mode or else it will slowly eat away at you and only hurt the longevity of your career. The last couple weeks before the season is definitely the most challenging part as you ramp up the training to the highest level and you begin to cut out the bad habits you picked up over the off-season. The grind starts there.

Falcons Canada

#1: Kristian Seppanen is a team player, and that means doing what he needs to to support the team - both the players on it and the organization at large. He was at home playing Civilization 6 and waiting in anticipation for Civilization VII anyways. He also really wants to get his name and face out there, in hopes of being the face of the franchise by the time they win their next cup, which is going to be really soon because the team is really good and gels really well, they're just missing some more TPE to get them over the hump. Therefore, Kristian Seppanen, right defencemen for the Atlanta Inferno hockey team of the Simulation Hockey League, otherwise known as the SHL, will happily drop everything to go help the team with a meet and greet. He will even sign sticks on the drive over, to hand out to fans. He would even play for free, if the pesky head office would allow that. All in the name of making the Inferno win, and having his cute face on the banner.

Journey Man continued his journey at this season's SMJHL draft, where the San Diego Tidal managed to acquire some picks in exchange for the senior-year defenseman, sending him from the sunny southwest to the snow true north in Regina. Regina is coming off of a successful regular season where they placed 3rd in the Northern Conference, but ultimately fell in round 1 in seven games to Vancouver. Regina will look to bounce back and use the newly acquired d-man to push further into the playoffs. That being said, Man spent a good portion of his off-season moving across the country, err, countries, and getting acquainted with his new team. Journey knows that this season is his last in the J, but also it should be his best one yet, and likely the best opportunity for him to win a championship. Once he was settled in, Man spent his time cold weather training, trying his best to get acclimated to the weather as well as switching up his routine from the usual heat he trained in.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

Hodor doesn't like to skip out on practices for his team as he likes his hockey family. However, there are a few circumstances that force his hand because he's currently stuck doing an important task:

- Protesting: Hodor is a friend to animals and nature, so if there's a nearby protest to preserve som natural land he'll see what he can do to join.
- Starks: Hodor's caretakers are very important to him, and if they ever require his services he has a great preference to provide what they need. Usually that means standing in the corner of a meeting saying, "Hodor," a lot but there can be more important tasks that he may skip practice for.
- Doors: Sometimes Hodor just can't help but open doors for people, so he may be stuck keeping them open while a neverending crowd siphons through, leaving him awkwardly holding the door open for everyone while awaiting for the moment he can insert himself into the crowd.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Ubba Lodbrok, known team guy, known guy who will always be there for his teammates, known 4 stroker. He always wants to help, but it's tiring, and exhausting. This time around when the GM calls for his help and he's in the midst of a 3 day relaxation spree, he just can't do it this time. This is his only 3 days to get covered in mud and wrestle. This is his time, not anybody elses. So he quickly needs to devise a scheme, a plan, a plot, to get out of this situation. The issue is he can't do this on his own, the GM knows his weak points and will push them to get him to help out. So what does he do? He calls in reinforcements to help him out with the plan. What exactly does this plan involve? It involves a sticky note, a rubber ducky, and a piece of lace.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Will Tomlander was having a deserved rest before his SHL season debut with the Seattle Argonauts. He did this by hiding out in a forest cabin in his native Sweden away from all distraction and technology. Therefore no one knew how to contact him except for his parents who forgot to send the messenger owl that his GM wanted to talk about something with him. Once the owl was sent a couple weeks late, Will had to really scramble to get home and then to Seattle. He hiked through a thousand kilometres of forest land, fought the guardian bear that kept everyone away including himself, and then swam through the drainage ditch to get around the pesky bridge troll. Once he got home his mom made a huge fuss of the mess that his hair and scraggly beard had become, and insisted on cutting it so that he looked good on camera.

His GM in the end only wanted to talk about what number jersey that Will wanted to wear.

[Image: image.png]

Anastasia Söderström thrives on routines, so she likes to keep up at least a reduced training routine throughout the offseason so that she doesn't get out of practice. In the last month before the team starts training camp, she'll usually start in on her individual training sessions, getting a feel for the puck again so that her reflexes are back in shape and she doesn't risk injuring herself. With being a prospect for the Calgary Dragons as well as the starting goalie for the Detroit Falcons, it's an incredibly busy month of training, travel and meeting people, but she's grown more used to it as she spends more time in North America. Away from the ice, Ana also has the additional challenge this season of being the team captain, so she's taken a bigger role in welcoming her teammates, especially the new rookies, and making sure they feel comfortable in Detroit. Finally, the Falcons also drafted a new rookie goalie to replace the departing Luke Fromm, so she's getting ready to become somewhat of a teacher as well this year.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Written Option 1

Baron's Journal: Offseason

Coach wants me to do some meet and greets or promos.. something. I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention when he told me. I don't actually plan to be there - I've got a doppelganger I have been working on for moments exactly like this. Walks like me, talks like me, even almost as handsome as me. Almost. The only thing I'm worried about is the interviews - this golem of mine isn't that far along yet, he's more just like a scarecrow with a beautiful mustache. A scarecrow to keep the press away from me. I'm hoping that maybe if he stands there intimidatingly for 30 minutes saying nothing, they'll just stop asking for interviews.. if they don't even want me there, coach can't make me go!

Anyways, just got my contract paid out and I have better shit to do - like pay for the fines I got for smuggling those toads over the border. I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling Jefferson Steelflex.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

NoNo Jo wakes up in the morning and exits the bed on the left side. Right foot hits the ground first, then he goes and gets his Wheaties. The superstitious ritual has begun. He takes an Uber Black to the spa and gets cucumbers on his eyes and a mud bath on his feet. All of the ladies at the spa vote on his toenail polish colors. They have never steered him wrong. For lunch, he devours a supreme veggie, artichoke heart, and sardine pizza followed by an entire sheet of protein brownie yum yum. After a quick 47 minute nap, he is ready to hit the gym. 87 crunches, 88 pushups, 89 roundhouse kicks, 90 minutes ion the treadmill. These carefully calculated relaxation and exercise routines ensure that he will have a good season. Next he sends loving texts to all of his teammates and sheds a few tears with how proud he is to be on a professional hockey team.

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

Edouard Lavoie would prefer to avoid taking part in big marketing campaign for the team if possible. If the team needs a franchise face, he would rather contribute by organizing charity events and volunteering. He would do his best to put on some sort of big event, possibly even at the arena, such as a concert inside and maybe a carnival or fair outside. All proceeds would go to local charities in need. He would get his teammates to volunteer with him, and sign memorabilia to be auctioned off. Edouard would convince management that this type of activity would help boost the teams image far more than any sort of corporate marketing ploy and they would actually do some good as part of it. The Timber management is and has always been accepting of everyone and Edouard could not imagine them saying no to a suggestion like this. They would likely jump at the chance to help out the local community.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]