Create Account

S77 PT #3: Humppaa Suomesta Due: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59 PM PST

PBE Affiliate

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2024, 07:29 PM by Steelflex.)

1:

Anyone who has been following Jefferson's career to this point knows that he needs no TPE in fighting or aggression to pick a fight with a dude who barely speaks any english -- he's been coming after Baron Samedi ever since the two got drafted into the league around the same time. Anyone who knows Baron knows he's a big dude who is impossible to understand, and even harder to rattle, but that doesn't stop Jefferson. You see, to really get under a man's skin, you have to understand the man himself on a deeper level. Jeff's teammates have mentioned to reporters that they've seen him hanging around the team facilities long after games have ended -- researching bizarre topics such as "cuban voodoo rituals" and "the best toads and frogs for inducing psychotic breaks". Jefferson has denied these claims, stating he's just researching world cultures because he finds different ways of life interesting. That being said, after Jeff's last game against the Raptors, teammates noticed Baron was covered in hives, seething with rage and seemingly incoherent. I'm not saying that's the right way to get under a man's skin, but I'm not saying it doesn't work.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

Written Option 1:

My player knows better than to take an instigation penalty? Recently I feel like that is not true with the amount of useless penalties I am taking this season. But lets just say for a minute that my player would actually be smart enough to not take this penalty and still trying to fight the person I would probably still try to start out with hits. The toughest player still gets annoyed over time taking too many hits. If they feel like they are somewhat targeted it could still end up being enough for them to drop the gloves. If that is not working JJFJJ is very well versed in at least getting the basics of insulting people down in many different languages. A quick google search in intermission if the hits are not enough should suffice to get them where I want them. If that is still not possible I think we will just have to take the instigation penalty and sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.

168 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Edouard Lavoie grew up in Quebec and played for the Canadian juniors team for a season before transferring to the French federation and playing for Team Rhine. Playing for the Canadian team was different as the majority of the team did not speak French, so moving the French federation was interesting, though also quite different than what he was used to. Quebecois French and Parisian French is quite different, so despite the fact that he and is new teammates were speaking the same language there was still a barrier. It did not take long until everyone was on the same page, though, and Edouard felt comfortable on his new team. It helped that Mia followed him from Quebec as they both had French nationality and eligibility to play for the French Federation. It has been a particularly fun experience being able to play hockey in another continent for a completely new team. Edouard had grown up playing with a lot of the Canadian players, but integrating into the new team was a fun and challenging experience.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

There is a universal way to make anyone angry and it's to sing Nickleback's Look at this photograph... or whatever the name of the song is. Nearly nobody likes this song but it gets stuck in your head anyway. At this point it's not even English either, it's in a language everyone understands. So yeah, just pop out a ridiculous picture of the opposing player you found on some trash paparazzi website and recite the special incantation and boom! You have a fight on your hands. This is actually how Elena got in a fight in her second season in the league and her opponent was so distracted that she easily won. Some may call it cruel, even "torture" but players in the SHL need to prove their worth in any way they can, even if it means to perform such vile acts. Other songs probably work as well but that's the one that performed the best when tested in a secret north korean lab.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Graphic Option 2: Create an image showing you player enjoying their favorite thing (food, activity or whatever) they learned from their foreign teammate.

Salami enjoying some good American food from his US teammates in Detroit.

[Image: WMnxynY.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Task 2

Things Ekaterina leaned from her teammates and living in Kelowna and Baltimore:
- Bribing referees is not good. Maybe she offered too low at first, but they don’t seem to want to bargain. She even got in trouble.
- It’s Gatorade now. Vodka is no longer accepted on the bench during games. People are puking much less often in the SHL.
- You cannot use the mafia to intimidate your opponents. Or the media. Or the refs. Or your own coach. That last one did not go very well.
- You cannot wrestle bears during the off-season. Or organize dog fights to pay the rent.
- Mc Donald’s do not serve Mc Borscht. Or not even Mc beef stroganoff. And they don’t put caviar in their McFlurries.
- It is okay to wear tracksuits at the arena. But not in our everyday lives. Not cool.
- Driving ladas: surprisingly not cool.
- Listening to loud polka before games: also not cool.

WC:160

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Viktor got to make the interesting choice to transfer from his home federation to Ireland for international tournaments very, very early on in his career. Most would say it was so that he had a better chance at earning a medal while he was in his prime, but quite literally all it took was some friends saying "hey, wanna come play with us?" and some paperwork. And while he was born and raised initially in Great Britain, Viktor's family moved to Canada in part for his hockey career, so he's already kind of a mish mash of cultures himself (not that it's a terribly huge stretch going from GB to colony, to yet another colony). Regardless, the biggest change in Viktor's life happened after he was drafted to the Quebec City Citadelles. A whole new language had to be learned, and quickly. He instantly became a poutine addict, and he went on to develop an enormous appreciation/obsession with the Montreal music scene. Please don't tell anyone in Quebec City that last part.

Code:
173 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Written option #2:

I'll be talking here in the aspect of myself, Shiamus as a user. I've really had a great time meeting people from all around the world in many of my Discords, even people outside of the SHL servers, and have learned a bunch about different cultures.

Obviously, as my player is Lily Jin Morrow, which is modeled after real-life KPOP Idol Lily from the band NMIXX - a huge influence on my life currently has been learning about KPOP from various friends - both offline and online - that are from Korea. On another music note, I have friends from Europe that introduced me to Eurovision, since it isn't really popular here in the USA.

Previously to these encounters with people worldwide, I only really listened to American, Canadian, and English artists, as those are who are on the popular radio. But now, my music taste has evolved and widened to a point where I listen to things from all around the world, even if they are in other languages. Without the perspective of others outside of my country, I would never have experienced all the great music the world has to offer!

192 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

PBE- Affilate https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=738603

[Image: dc24.png]

Written Option 2: Each team in SHL has players from multiple nations and cultures. Even if the player gets to play in their home country they will be exposed to other cultures from their teammates and staff of the team. What your player has learned from their foreign team mates and or from culture of locals should they not be playing in their home country? Maybe they have been introduced to their new favorite foods or genres of music they weren’t familiar before? Or maybe they are now enjoying the football (either) with new enthusiasm as they have joined the bandwagon of their teammates? Or they finally got to understand why saunas are so great. Write how meeting people from other cultures has had positive impact on your player or to you as user who has had interactions with people around the world.

Calgary is lucky to have an honestly extremely diverse yet incredibly familiar group of cultures. Frøya herself is from Norway, which quite a few of her teammates or prospects are from as well. From her sister Sonja to Tom Pedersen, the gentle giant still in QCC Fredrik Gronlund as well as the incredibly talented Anna Skovgaard; there are lots of familiar faces that Frøya can share her culture with and feel right at home. That being said, the team doesn't shy away from other cultures. While there is also a large American influence in the locker room from the likes of Ryland Murphy, Jerry Moonshine, Crystal McLeod, Sven Holmberg and more, there are a lot of varied European influences as well such as the team's alternate captain Sunrise van de Schubbekuttevan being dutch. It's been fun learning about his culture since Frøya had never been there despite coming quite close, having a German ancestor herself. But most interesting of all is the amount of other Nordic teammates she has. Kaarlo Koivunen and Cheeks Klapanen from Finland as well as Anastasia Söderström from Sweden. The cultures, while extremely similar together actually vary in many different ways. Frøya has a great rivalry with these nations due to her sister's passionate rivalry herself, so it's fun to tease the others during practice and have a little bit of banter, but share food from one of each other's cultures, rotating between them of course.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Written Option 1:

So given that I am the guy always telling people to put their TPE into aggression and fighting, I reckoned this season it was time to walk the walk as well! AT-AT's been looking for a fight since last season but nobody gave him a tilt in his rookie season so that was kind of a small disappointment. But in his 2nd season, he has gotten in 2 fights so far! His first one he actually got challenged by a rookie named Keith McSmith who at the time was just starting out to make a name for himself. AT-AT's from Iceland so he doesn't speak very good English but he learned a few insults from watching Letterkenny. As the game got on, the two had a few collisions and battles and finally they looked at each other and didn't even say a word, just dropped the gloves and started fighting. Unfortunately for AT-AT turns out this kid is actually really tough, and At-AT took the loss in that fight. McSmith has gone on to hold the lead in the league for most fights won on the season so far, kind of annoying that one of those wins came at his epense but it didn't slow him down. A few games later he got into another fight with another rookie, this one from Ottawa. AT-AT was definitely game for another so when the rookie came at him, he just smiled and said LET'S PARTY and the two went at it. AT-AT came out the winner in this one so he evened his record at least! Definitely got to give big props out to these rookies who are willing to play a tough guy game and hopefully there will be a few more bouts on his record when his career comes to an end!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Written Option 1

There are many ways to get under an opposing teams skin, if the hits aren't doing it then I like to go to the tried and true chirping method. While they might not speak the best English there are universal signs that everyone knows. Also between periods I'll get out my phone and see if there are any bad phrases I can pick up quickly. After that it's being a pest after the whistle, the best agitators know how to get right up to that line without crossing it for that extra penalty. Since I'm a Dman and he's a forward at every covered puck I find that star player and start getting arms on him. If you can keep wearing him down you will eventually get him to a level you want and really unsettle them. But if you get the instigator penalty then all this hard work was for nothing.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2024, 05:46 AM by bobdigi9. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Option 1:

Hockey. It's synonymous with violence. From the bone-crushing hits to the bare knuckle fights. While it's true that both have diminished over the years in an effort to clean up the game and make it safer for players, it (hopefully) will never be completely eliminated from the game.
Perhaps as a way to try and balance out the brutality of the sport, we can embrace other elements to show it's beauty. Even borrowing from other ice sports, such as synchronised skating.
As an example, you have two players from different countries who don't speak the same language but would like to engage the other in combat. Nothing is quite as universal as interpretive dance. So, with predetermined music blaring over the arena's sound system, the players will demonstrate their intent by dancing emotively. It will be ever so moving, so much so that in the end, will we even care about the fighting in the first place?

[Image: Designer-13.jpg]

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

Written Option 2: Each team in SHL has players from multiple nations and cultures. Even if the player gets to play in their home country they will be exposed to other cultures from their teammates and staff of the team. What your player has learned from their foreign team mates and or from culture of locals should they not be playing in their home country? Maybe they have been introduced to their new favorite foods or genres of music they weren’t familiar before? Or maybe they are now enjoying the football (either) with new enthusiasm as they have joined the bandwagon of their teammates? Or they finally got to understand why saunas are so great. Write how meeting people from other cultures has had positive impact on your player or to you as user who has had interactions with people around the world.

Tom Pedersen, a proud Norwegian, has found himself on a multicultural team in the SHL with the Calgary Dragons. Playing alongside teammates from various countries has been a rich and eye-opening experience for him. One of the most delightful discoveries has been the international food and drinks. Tom has developed a fondness for poutine, thanks to his Canadian teammates and Finlandia due to the Finnish guys.

Moreover, Tom's appreciation for other sports has blossomed. Watching football (soccer) with his teammates has always been great fun. And even more so now on a team with lots of football noobs. Particularly enjoying the excitement of the English Premier League and the Simulation Soccer League. Even though soccer isn’t the correct term obviously.

These cultural exchanges have not only broadened Tom's horizons but have also strengthened the bonds within the team. The exposure to various cultures has made Tom more open-minded, enhancing his life both on and off the ice.

Words: 157

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]