Create Account

S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST

ISFL affiliate 
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2024, 12:42 AM by natedoeshockey. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Claim

+2 TPE

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

Patya think this prompt much fun so am choose for this. Obviously, everyone am knowing this but Patya am from Russia. Patya also much famous in Russia and Omsk where Patya is from. You am saying, "Patya, why this important?" Not worrying, Patya am tell you. Patya have many...how you say, connections? Patya knowing many peoples with many skills but am not usually for associate with them. Patya thinking he am be needing them for this. Patya want for apologize much to Luke for this, but is just way it is being. Patya have mans who am supply weapons and ammunition. Patya also am having mans for safe cracking. This like safe keeping, but not. Patya have other mans for be many goods at technology. Okay so pretty much Patya am know team that is much like Mission Impossible movie. Patya am come through ceiling and take all of money that am belonging to Luke. Is like Tom Cruise, yes? Patya loving original movie but am see entire franchise. Anyway, we am also be having special crazy masks for pretend to be much same as other peoples who we am not. You understanding this? Is called deception. Maybe even someone is be pretending for be Luke. But Patya am not give away whole plan because then am not able for steal monies and we all knowing Patya am needing monies.

230 words

+4 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Back to Back

Winning an award is not easy. To win two (or more) seasons in row is even more impressive. Which one of the back to back award wins you are most impressed with and why? Can be written about any award, including team and user awards. Below is the link to Portal where you can start looking for back to back winners.

Patya picking something kind of recent for this. Patya want say that is incredible for Ivan Lacksamus for win Ron Mexico back to back in season 72 and season 73. Patya thinking this hardest award for win that isn't winning cup. Is crazy for win MVP two times in a row, especially because players in this league am age and usually am not be much good for multiple seasons. Am usually only get one season for really have incredible time. These 2 seasons am also when New England am first overall in league so Patya am thinking this probably help a lot when team is best and you am also star player, but then Patya would have assumed Ivan Lacksamus also have good season 71 but am not even nominated for award. Anyway, Patya sure many things in league much impressive but this one happen not much long ago and am stand out for Patya so he am draw attention to it.\

162 words

+3 TPE

TOTAL: 9/8 TPE

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

3. My favorite three items from the charity auction were determining the name of the replacement for the old stats bot, "the ugliest blanket imaginable", and Tesla's recreate. Two of them have similar reasonings - both the replacement name for the stats bot and naming Tesla's recreate are both hilarious prizes to me because both of them are pretty big, ESPECIALLY the stat bot. Every time anybody ever checks their stats until the SHL dies or the bot dies has to look at that. I don't know Tesla well, but if the guy's willing to put the recreate name as a reward he's probably dedicated enough to updating his player and doing PTs that maybe there's a chance of [YOUR NAME HERE] winning some league awards. The ugliest blanket imaginable??? Self explanatory. Best prize of the bunch.
135 words, +2
7. For the most part, I think that PTs are kinda fine as is. Overall amount really isn't too bad - your weekly PTs and mPTs, and the big season end slate and that's really it. The weeklies, at the very least are pretty much perfect and I don't see any real way to improve them. As for the season ending stuff, perhaps a bit more flexibility insofar as how All Star Week and Championship Week divide up themselves or a reorganization of the structure entirely (very easy to forget about one or the other as I did with CW this season!), perhaps a rolling several week process that's somewhere between like half to three quarters of the current ASW/CW thread but still more than a PT/mPT week? It's abstract but I think it could work.
136 words, +2
11. I have a couple candidates for the most impressive back to back award winners of all time, at least as far as I would judge it. Obviously the Jeff Dar isn't league MVP or anything trophy cabinet centering of that nature but it is DAMN hard to get anybody to agree on anything for back to back years, so for getting 4 straight with sole possession of the award I have to absolutely hand it to Grogu Mandosson (as much as I loathe the name!) for that. Another huge hand goes to John McBride (the award is named after the guy for a reason!) for 4 straight wins on best goalie as well. There are a decent few 3 consecutive year award winners as well, and while there's too many to list here they deserve a hand too. On a more lighthearted note: I didn't really consider any of the stat-based awards because they don't go through a voting committee but incredible shoutouts to Danny Foster for managing to get most PIMs 4 in a row, and then another after a 1 year gap. They could have had the crown for 6 seasons running... a horrifying thought to be sure.
200 words, + 4

total, 8

Milestones +3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547334

8. The person to make the All-Star game for the New England Wolfpack would be Bruno Tooyo. Bruno will be selected due to being the top points scorer on New England with 109 points, which includes leading and goals at 47 and assists at 62. With Bruno being the only player to have over 100 points is an easy choice to see him in the All-Star game. As for his All-Star game participation, I project that he will do the same thing that he did for New England for his teammates in the All-Star game to help secure a win by producing goals and setting up his teammates with assists. (+2 TPE words 109)

11. The award that I would say it would be the toughest to win back to back would be the Sergei Karpotsov award. This award is for the player that scored the most points in the SHL during the regular season. This feat has only happened once since season 53 and 54 and it was completed by Ivan Lacksamus for the New England Wolfpack during season 72 and 73. This will be one of the toughest awards to go back to back and just because there are so many good players in the SHL and you have to have a lot of things go right during the regular season to be able to even have a chance of becoming the top score, let alone, claiming it in back to back seasons. One little mistake of your player being bad or even your team not succeeding like they should have can throw that award chance away. (+3 TPE words: 154)

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3

Milestones: +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547338

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?

Who will be the star of the all star game? The best of the theoretical best? I've got to go with my man, Adam Prpich. It's not just that he's my teammate and I think he's awesome. It's not just that he had 100 points this season, with 42 of them being goals. It's the level of consistency he's shown as a player that makes me think he'll be the best of the best. Anyone can have a hot season but Prpich? He's been hammering out 100+ point seasons for four seasons now. He's got the pedigree to go into the All Star game and show all those upstarts who THINK they are the best, what they really are.

119 words.

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own
The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would you let people be members of both Halls?

Perhaps not the most innovative idea in the world but I think that there should be a 'Franchise Player Recognition Hall'. A place of recognition and acclaim for all those players who do their damnest to elevate the the teams that they spent a vast majority of their time on the league trying to get their team the Cup or if they managed it at least once, multiple Cups. These wonderful players should be recognized for not giving into the urge to chase money, or fame, or the Cup with more winning franchises. Most of them almost assuredly sacrificed possible award wins. They didn't leave, even when it would definitely be the smarter idea to do so.

Often franchise players are the ones who are convincing new players to stick on with the team. They provide a sense of calm and stability to a team. The requirements for entry into this hall? Have to have spent over 80% of their time in the league with one team and had to have been in the top 30% of their earning in their draft class. This'll let those folks who give it all for one team and keep up their training a place where they can be told that they mattered.

209 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Simmer Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

cq pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

1. Milestones +1 TPE

4. A little bit of bias saying Roze is good, but he has been pretty damn good in his rookie season. However his best stats are defensive and we know how little that gets rewarded in fantasy. He may get enough blocks to push his numbers up but don’t be fooled, he won’t get you any goals or assists. He did an amazing job for Chicago being a defensive powerhouse besides Smokes but Smokes also puts up points, so if you want a player who will do that from Chicago, pick Ho-Lee 
(Even though Roze is better than Smokes, suck it Nike you only got 1 more block than me with a seasons more TPE)

114 words +2 TPE

12. The Hall of Yeah he was pretty good but I forgot he existed. The name explains it pretty well. Those players who while they were playing you were always impressed by them and they made a real impact, but they just kind of faded away after they left your team or retired. They may have not won any awards or had record breaking stats, but they would be a beast on the second/third line always doing what you needed them to do. Obviously you can’t have players who get inducted into the hall of fame in here or even players who got onto the ballot because they’re too good. We need obscure names that no one remembers until someone just goes “hey remember when blank scored that game winner in the playoffs?”

133 words, +2 TPE

13. The pipeline of certain J teams to certain SHL teams is not a huge problem in my opinion. It just kind of makes sense with how people are. If you’re a GM who’s drafted players from say, Quebec City before and there’s some good talent coming up from there you know that the people will mesh well into your locker room. A good locker room and connection with your team is one of the most important things with people staying active so people wanting to stay close to the friends they may have made in the J makes sense, and so drafting players from the same team makes sense. I do think a way for this pipeline thing to slow down though is if we get the general SHL server more active outside of times during the draft. Get people from other teams in the J to interact more and meet each other and new friendships would happen that could result in teams branching out more to teams they may not have selected many players from. Personally I don’t think it’s an issue but that could be one way to solve it for people do think it is one. Just please don’t even think about putting restrictions on how many people you can draft from a certain team. I doubt anyone actually thought about that as an actual solution but it just seems like something someone would eventually bring up and it would be the worst idea ever. 

248 words +4 TPE

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

3 milestone points: +3 tpe
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547365

200+ +4tpe
3. My favorite 3 items where 1) By far the pokemon cards by lore because as someone who knows Lore I’m sure they’re going the be absolutely fantastic as that man has a mountain of cards that you could probably spend a few hours going through bear minimum 2) Evil dnd one shot chair because while I personally can’t try and buy a seat on that because moneys a little tight it still sounds awesome and I love that there are several dnd one shot chairs that are available to get spots in like I just think the concept is pretty cool 3) The ugliest blanket imaginable because I wanna see what awful, retched thing that they’ve managed to find to auction off to us like man that’s gonna be wild. Anyway I just wanted to say that I think the concept of this charity auction is really cool and a fantastic way to do some good as the Trever Project always needs more help and I plan on making a donation myself to do my share. Also also I’m totally just yapping for word count or anything don’t worry about it but hopefully more people bet on the dnd one shot seats as I think it’s a pretty sick idea and I hope that people will give it a shot. Also also also I think it’s hilarious that the horn and rink designs are not only in the charity but are being bet on with such hi money

100 +2Tpe
6. Argenti is absolutely the tank of the group, he’s already a pretty solid defensemen and would absolutely stand in harm’s way to protect his friends. Next is James Howlet who is obviously a warrior like man is in it. Next is Froya Solberg who is absolute the assassin with a pretty face and a kind demeanor who’s gonna get ya when you least expect. And lastly we have the wonderful Anastasia Soterstrum who being a goalie I feel would be the perfect cleric as she’s tanky as hell and is there to save our asses when everyone else has failed.

Milestones 3 TPE

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2024, 02:56 AM by Count Chocula. Edited 8 times in total.)

Code:

Milestones +3

Code:
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
+1, 59

I have no idea who the star of the All-star game will be. No one has been named yet who will be in it so it's impossible to say who it would be. Perhaps if their was a lost with names on it I would be able to take a guess. However there is no list so I cannot.

Code:
3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?
+1, 54

The best 3 auction items are to pic the Aaronbot replacement name and profile picture. The reason for those 2 are the endless possibilities of trolling certain people or teams. The other one would be naming Troy and Seany podcast. You could also troll them with whatever name you pick and really mess up their shit.

Code:
5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.
+1, 69

I don't think I would steal Luke's money. He has earned all his money by doing his job. I would instead plan a heist to steal whoever's job it is to publish the all star roster list, since they don't deserve to get paid for not doing their job on time. It's a little ridiculous to be doing All Star tasks with no All Stars announced.

Code:
The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would you let people be members of both Halls?
+2, 116

Obviously it would have to be called the Hall of Lame. It would be reserved for only the worst players to ever lace up a pair of ice skates. We don't want any all stars in this hall. Players would only be allowed in if they meet some small criteria. They must have never won an individual award, except for the Turd Ferguson. That is the only acceptable award for this hall. They must also have finished their playing career with a plus minus of less than 0 for their entire career. Finally, their points per game percentage over their career must be less than 50% or a goalie with a career save percentage under .900.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547373

+2

Code:

229 words, +4

The other hall is the Hall of Name. These are the players where you recognize their name but they aren’t one of the greats. There is probably something notable about them, but it might just be a silly stat or some notable locker room drama that people still talk about 5 years later. Like it wasn’t THAT embarrassing and people really just need to forget about it so we can all move on and have fun with our hockey games.

People are chosen for the Hall of Name by happenstance. Someone says something in a locker room like “Who was so and so” then the old heads come around and say “Oh, he’s the guy that had that drama with that draft pick in S44 of the J”. Once that happens, an angel gets their wings and a player gets inducted into the hall of name on the spot.

Slip McScruff is chasing his ticket to the hall of name by having a few different league records without any real tangible accomplishments in over a sim decade. I think the most games played in league history will be his ticket to the hall of name, but he’s also got a couple franchise records with the Jets / Aurora (assuming they still stand). Once he has the league record in career hits, he’ll have nothing to collect but a paycheck.

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words.
Team Spotlight series brought us some quality graphics and media, one of them being FuriousChicken’s series on draft numbers of each SHL team, highlighting seasons, rounds, positions and teams they made their picks from. All in all there is a lot of cool data to anyone who likes charts. Personally I was most interested to see where each team drafted their prospects. While most teams draft from almost anywhere there are clearly some teams that feed into certain SHL teams, as shown on the last graph of the linked article. Do you think the league is in a healthy place when it comes to pipelines for SHL players or should we aim for even more even spread among teams? Or maybe you would like to see even more players carrying on their careers with teammates from SMJHL?

134 words, +2

I think the league has a healthy pipeline from the SMJHL to the SHL. There are only a couple hotspots where an SHL team pulls a lot from one SMJHL team, otherwise it’s fairly spread out. I have stated before that a more realistic minors system would be cool for developing a player. It would be a great experience to play with someone in minors then both be called up at the same time. However, I also think it’s fun that we mix and match. You could have a bitter rivalry, then become teammates and banter about it down the road. We get a little of both without it being too obviously broken for some people. Then again, I haven’t engaged with the SMJHL since about 2018, so it’s probably totally different these days.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

1. Milestones +2

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

SHL Milestones +2 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547384

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread