Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

written prompt option two

so binko of the koivu family and of koivu fame went back and decided to interview atlanta inferno legend mr agnes mcpipe @micool132 because agnes was one of binko's key mentors when he first joined the team and was really important in his development as a defense man because binko started his career on the atlanta inferno as a defense man before transitioning to becoming a forward currently a center man i believe. so binko asked mr mcpipe lots of questions to try to reminisce about the first golden era of atlanta and the golden era of atlanta defense men when the inferno had three of the greatest defense men the league has seen in the last twenty seasons, with mcpipe joined by michael with the check @sakrosankt and puddles of duck @Z-Whiz and man what a golden era that was and how much the three of them taught young binko! unfortunately most of the defense specific teachings are only now being applied indirectly since binko is now a forward but he remains a very good two way forward because he never forgot his learnings about playing defense! of course other than during his two season stint on min of sota where he willingly forgot how to play defense but it is all coming back to him very quickly soon he will dread his opponents even more @hotdog

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Quote:Written Option 2: Your player has agreed to take part in a short documentary that highlights their career so far. For starters they want to go back to interview people who have helped at the beginning of your players career. Who were the people who first saw your players potential and helped them to take the next steps? What do they have to say about your player?

There are a few people I can think of that Jae-ik would go back and thank.

The first person would be his kindergarten teacher, Ms. ****. She was always kind to him, understanding to a fault, and helped nurture a hunger for learning and self-improvement. It’s important to get started at an early age if you want to grow up to be a model individual.

Then there would be all of the coaches he had in minor hockey. He’s been in love with the sport of (sim) hockey since he was a little boy watching his father’s games. Part of a person’s ability comes from natural talent, but an awful lot comes from instruction as well, and he’s had several dedicated coaches that helped round out his game at an early age.

Finally: the biggest influence on him, his father. Adam Barron was always ready to take Jae-ik to practice no matter what time it was, always willing to bring him any distance to a tournament so that he could play against the best players in his age group.

All of the people listed would have positive things to say about Jae-ik because for all that they gave, he returned with kindness and gratitude.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

written option 1

Celeste really doesn't feel like they're in a spot to be providing any leadership to rookies yet, seeing as they're only in their second season in the Simulation Hockey League. In their own first season, they were Aksel Fiske's rookie and relied on him heavily for guidance and support while navigating the ins and outs of being a senior professional player for the first time, especially with all their stresses from going from a successful Juniors team to a rebuilding SHL team.

With how helpful Fiske was to them, they're pretty sure that it's best to leave the guidance and leadership of rookies to the more senior players on Manhattan's roster, of which there are plenty! They don't feel that they have the experience needed to properly support rookies quite yet. So really the extent of their support to these new baby rookies is just literally on-ice, in-play point support. Get goals, idiots.

[153 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

Bernard Lodge would not have even sniffed playing at the SHL level if not for the legendary GM of the Maine Timber, Mr Southpaw himself. As a young player from the sticks of England, it was hard to make a name for himself in youth hockey. However, Southpaw noticed Lodge's efforts across the pond and invited him to join the S70 Timber as a UFA right before the playoffs. Lodge only got three regular season games to adjust himself to the SMJHL. The team went on to make it all the way to the finals, with Lodge playing five playoff games, shocking the world and winning four of them. Apparently that was all Southpaw needed to see, as he would go on to draft Lodge in the first round of the S71 SMJHL Draft and make him the team's starter with the previous legend aging out. His faith was rewarded as Lodge would start in forty-five games that season, winning thirty-four of them. In the playoffs, the Timber steamrolled to a championship, only losing two games. Lodge went 11-2 in those playoffs. For this miraculous season, Lodge won seven awards and would go on to be the only goalie drafted in the first round of the S72 SHL draft, where he has continued to provide solid goalie play to the New Orleans Specters.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

My player is very big on making sure all the new players have a good time acclimating to our teams atmosphere. Making sure that the team remains a good place to be is helpful to everyone involved so making sure to get everyone on the same page quickly is one of the best things you can do. We achieve this through things such as synchronized swimming, cooking competitions where the coach is kind of like a gordon ramsey judge (they are mostly hot dog related for whatever reason, apparently the nutritionist is very big on the form factor vs protein ratio). We started going bowling but only because be a pro kept making it seem like thats what hockey players do nonstop and its seemed to will itself into our culture. Now that demir bellona has aged out we can hopefully start putting down the bumpers and really getting some bowling games in. Regardless the bowling alley has delicious fries so its a great team building experience regardless.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

Option 1:

Baron's Journal Entry: new kids on da block

i like to have some fun with the rookies when i can. mostly just getting them to drink some of my special “potions.” they don’t know what's in it, but they’re new, so they go along with it. gotta see if they can handle a little weirdness before the season really kicks off. i like to see if they truly trust me, that translates to the ice.

i’ll tell them it’s a secret family magical recipe, guaranteed to help their game. half the time it’s just some random mix of herbs and spices i found in the kitchen. maybe a dash of cayenne for a kick. but hey, they take it seriously, and if they believe it’ll work, sometimes it actually does. it’s all about the mindset.

i’ll give them some tips here and there, but mostly i just want to see if they’re tough enough to handle the wild side of things. if they can get through my hazing, they can handle anything on the ice.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Option #1

I am always willing to help out the rookies and give them advice. The vets were awesome to me when I started my career here and it's my honor to be able to keep the friendly tradition alive. This season we have rookies and even though they are both forwards I'm trying my best to help they in any way possible. They are both very good on the ice so it's mostly about getting them mentally prepared for road games in the SHL and keeping the body ready for the grind of 66 regular and then the playoffs in the pros. The SHL is a total different animal then the J but I think the rookies have done a very good job at making the transition. It's mostly the older players that take it apon themselves to keep the rookies out of trouble but I also like to show the players were to eat and go on days off and after the home games.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

option 2:

Elly first started her career by chance. She owes everything to her tiny local Japan team for seeing a big kitty bapping a puck around and letting her sneak out and practice with them and learn. Those players taught her a hockey culture, and they watch her with so much pride in her league games now. They saw the potential for so much. They would likely say how clever she was for learning rules to a game, rather than just being a cat and living that sort of animal lifestyle. The mutes were then the team that saw her potential as a player and invited her into the fold and the locker room with open arms and let her learn and develop. Her last season with them was as captain, and I'm sure that they all adore her cuteness and style. So much of her career has been based on people not judging her as an animal but as a real player. I'm sure they would say how wonderful it is to see hockey open up to almost anyone. animals alike!

(183 words).

Option 2: First of all, I dunno who decided I was the right guy for a documentary, but I'm flattered. It's been a pretty up and down career for me so far, so I suppose I can see the narrative value, but still an odd pick. From my point of view, it's very obvious that the person who saw the most potential in me right from the start was my general manager, Dan Johnston. That might seem like an obvious pick for most players, but as someone who joined the league pretty late and had a lot to prove, Dan was the one who was singing my praises and advocating for his front office to make the pick early in the juniors draft, and I ended up going way early in the first round, almost assuredly earlier than anyone without any insider information would've expected. Dan would probably go on to say that I'm a good locker room presence and the team's biggest fan, because I'm always there cheering on the boys no matter how we might be doing that season, and I think that's why he advocated so strongly for me come draft time. At the very least, he'd make me look damn good in front of the camera, and that's all you can really ask for.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

As a foreigner, Sunrise actually knew less as a rookie than most of the rookies that come Calagary's way currently do so it is very much more likely for him to learn from them and not the other way around. He does help with the facility touring and all but that is about it. That is not to say that Sunrise does not want to help or anything, he just does not know anything that they would not be aware of about the city or the country at any rate.

He does try to be sympathetic and help out whenever he is needed but it is more likely for him to just keep to himself while they acquaint themselves with the team. He does, however, show up for training sessions to help people out and improve himself, naturally. It is part of hockey to improve yourself anyway, might as well show up, right?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Prompt 1

Patya think he am being pretty good at welcome new faces to team. Patya have much experience for be on new teams because am been doing it for so long. Also Patya been in New Orleans for while now and am much able for make newer peoples being more comfortable. Patya like for welcome them to city and try for tell jokes to lighten mood, also like for do little get togethers at player houses and also take our new faces for dinner. Sometimes Patya am even house players when they am not have time for find place to live yet! Patya also like for help players become better by teach them drills Patya find useful and also show them some of patented Patya tricks, because everyone am knowing Patya very skilled with puck. Patya not leaving this duty to other players on team, but others am also help in same way as Patya. Team is very much welcoming and Patya hope that coming across.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

ISFL pt

[Image: cuffana.png]