Create Account

S78 PT #3: Dress to Impress Due: Sunday, September 1st @ 11:59 PM PST

Elvar Gil-Galad has never been great when it comes to interviews so when questioned about his attire on his way into a recent Great Falls Grizzlies game, he simply growled and kept walking. The reporter was a bit put out as most players will stop for a few minutes and say a few sound bites at very least. Most players like the attention and it can be part of their contract that they will inevitably have to speak to the media at some point. Well, apparently Elvar Gil-Galad is a maverick and just ambled past the reporters leaving many of them shocked and a bit surprised at his behavior. Another question was hollered as Gil-Galad turned the corner into the tunnel which leads to the team dressing room, but the big Icelander just kept going. For more than a short while, the gathered reporters started to wonder if that was Elvar Gil-Galad dressed in a bear suit or if it was actually a Grizzly who wandered into the arena. Suppose they'll never know.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

I always come to the games with different outfits but it also depends on the game event. If we have an afternoon game I come with Jeans and a nice T-Shirt. It also depends on the wheather. In a hot summer day I will come with a three-quarter pants and T-shirt. In Winter I will of course wear next to my Jeans and T-Shirt a Sweater. I also use then one of my Sneaker all the time. I have one cupboard full of sneaker. But yeah we have also those game event days so we play at the evening and then I wear mostly a suit with one of my dress shoes. My big cupboard full of suits and dress shoes is amazing. If my girlfriend visit me at home she sometimes say its hilarious with all my cupboards full of clothes and shoes. But yeah we are in the public area and with that fact we should have enough clothes to change it over the season and come not with the same clothes again.

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Written Option 1: It’s usually commonplace to see hockey athletes in major leagues like the NHL and the PWHL come to game days dressed in formal attire. From full on suit and tie or just a nice fancy fit, the outfits are always full of style. This is the SHL however. Where people of all sorts come together to play in strongest league known to allkind. What does your player wear on gamedays? How do your teammates or media feel about your outfit choices? Does your player follow the tradition of the other leagues? Or do they break the mold and rock something unique every game?

Tom Pedersen is a traditionalist when it comes to game day attire, and he always shows up dressed like a true gentleman. For Tom, wearing a sharp suit and tie isn’t just about looking good. It is about respect for the game and honouring the occasion. He believes that arriving in formal wear sets the tone for the match, showing that he’s serious, focused, and ready to compete at the highest level.

His teammates have come to expect his classic style, and while some of the younger lads might opt for a more relaxed or trendy look, Tom’s never swayed. Media often praise his timeless approach, seeing it as a nod to the old-school values that are sometimes lost in the modern game. Tom’s outfits are always impeccably tailored, with subtle touches that speak to his Norwegian heritage, like a pocket square in the national colours or a vintage watch passed down from his father.

Words: 155

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

At the very first few matches, back in the junior league, Furious Chicken did try the normal suit and tie, but let us just say it was one big adventure to get this uniform completed, from going to multiple different designer shops around Yukon, and eventually the whole territory of Yukon Furious Chicken still did not find a suit maker, who would make a suit for a chicken. Looking even further he eventually found a small little shop, all the way over in Europe, that would make clothing for birds, after a lot of conversations, and flying over there to make sure it did fit, Furious Chicken finally had his suit and tie ready for the junior league season. This suit did it for a few seasons, but after it eventually grew too small, Chicken decided to not go back and get another suit, but just go in his everyday clothes as those were available in Yukon, and also in the future Edmonton/Buffalo area.

164 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Written Option 1:

Brooklyn Physt’s style can really only be described as Military Chic. Her iconic olive green quilted coat and 1950s era Red Cross medical bag being the highlights.

Many game days feature her arriving in this style. Often completing it with camo patterned cargos and combat boots. Even at the gym, camo patterned leggings of various military’s patterns give off the feel of someone training more for battle than a game.

Other unique looks have had her in flight jackets over the years. It’s a style she is very comfortable in. Despite the love for the style, Brooklyn does her best to ensure there is no suggestion of stolen Valor and goes so far as to donate to Veterans Charities in both the United States and Canada.

No matter the occasion or outfit, Brooklyn has a set of dogtags with each an American, and Canadian flag design. These serve to symbolize both her birth home and her second home.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Written Option 2

Oh god. Why on earth anyone with any semblance of power would keep giving Petr responsibilities that we all know will end the exact same way, with the exact same results is beyond me. This time, Petr, the veteran he his passing many milestones at this point in his career, was given the task of designing jerseys for a charity even of his own choosing. HIS CHOOSING. WHO WOULD DO THIS. Petr selects, using his choice, a charity that acts as a cover for funding the Czech state's nefarious activities, whether it be international espionage and sabotage, or immoral research and experiments creating super humans to play hockey and lead the Czechs into a golden era. What are the jerseys then, you might ask? Whelp you may have guessed it, but it's literally just the Czech hockey jerseys. Everyone unaffected by the propaganda already choking the air around Petr probably finds this latest scheme just the cherry on top of annoying schemes people around Petr have to put up with.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Written Option 1: It’s usually commonplace to see hockey athletes in major leagues like the NHL and the PWHL come to game days dressed in formal attire. From full on suit and tie or just a nice fancy fit, the outfits are always full of style. This is the SHL however. Where people of all sorts come together to play in strongest league known to allkind. What does your player wear on gamedays? How do your teammates or media feel about your outfit choices? Does your player follow the tradition of the other leagues? Or do they break the mold and rock something unique every game?

Alexandros understands the desire to have a clean and professional formal attire for players arriving to the game but he isn’t really about that. Ever since he was a little boy, he has vehemently despised formal wear, it is far to hot and stuffy and the forced to wear nature of it bothers him greatly. This is why when negotiating his contract, he made sure that clause of the contract was ripped up so he would never be forced to wear formal wear as it is dumb. He slides into the arena every gameday wearing runners, shorts and a t-shirt. As to how his teammates feel? I am sure some are upset or offput by my lack of professionalism in that regard but being as it doesn’t bother me, I am also sure eventually most would just shake their head and say that’s Alexandros for you. I would never judge someone for what type of clothes they decide to wear and I do no wish to be judged in turn, enforced formal is very much not ok with me and I fight it whenever I can.

-186 words

pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Written 1
For game days Nathaniel is always, and I mean always rocking a 3 piece suit. This is our damn profession, and more people need to act like it. Unfortunately this sentiment isn't always followed by all. The rookies are usually pretty shape able and will follow the trend, but eventually there is always one jackass who wants to wear a political slogan, or some fuzzy slippers to a game. Usually this is a poor mans way to drum up conversation, Barca likes to let his play do the talking. We are payed to play hockey, and what we do to prepare for the games is largely unseen, but everything game day is witnessed by millions of people.
That's not saying he comes dressed up like a slob on non game day, but for practice / workout a simple dress shirt with no tie is enough. You are still being a professional, but there is much less public aspect about these days. Hell, you might even catch him going to the rink in shorts and sandals during summer training.

179 words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Option 1: Until the Argonauts decide to implement a full dress code, Simo's gameday attire is going to be the same as it always has been since his teenage days back home in Finland. Typically, it'll be a pair of trainers, a decent pair of track pants or shorts if the weather allows, a comfortable T-shirt and a hoodie - nothing fancy or sophisticated. He's not involved in business or finance, he's not a lawyer, Simo is an athlete and dresses like it. If the media cares about it, they've never made a big deal; Seattle has plenty of other options for players if they want to do "fit checks", it's simply not a game Simo wants to play and, to be brutal about it, if he did start to get flak from teammates about his fashion choices it'd be a serious black mark against the Argonauts. Don't start none, don't get none.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]

written #1

Celeste isn't the biggest fan of formalwear, but they do love a good outfit. Their default color scheme is definitely mostly neutrals and darks- tan, brown, black, dark reds and burgundies, rust orange, dark green, that sort of thing. Bright color highlights are reserved for when they're feeling silly and whimsical, or maybe just when they're bored. There's a lot of places to take style cues, and while they're not particularly adventurous and tend to stick to simple layering, they'll sometimes branch out and take style cues from musicians. So there's sometimes much more interesting styles and silhouettes, more interesting layering than just a jacket. They take a lot of style cues from Ateez, the same group that they got their newest goal celebration from!
It's Manhattan, sometimes you have to show up and show out! Celly's not really much one for public recognition, but they don't want to look like shit if they are recognized out in public.
They've also never asked their teammates for opinions or contributions, but they'd definitely be happy to have the conversation if asked.

[180 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

Graphic Option 1

[Image: nDrKIS8.png]

[Image: elliot-alderson-spotlight.png]
Credit: xjoverax

The league is full of colorful characters, and knowing that they are often going to be filmed walking into the stadium, some players certainly like to dress with some flair to show off their fashion sense or make some kind of statement. Jarrod Lakemore has had teammates who have shown up in bold, colorful suits, or even forgone formal attire altogether and come dressed wearing ripped jeans and a t-shirt supporting some band he'd never heard of. Lakemore however is an unassuming guy that doesn't like to draw attention to himself and doesn't feel this is the appropriate stage to make a statement, whether about fashion or musical choices or anything else. Lakemore is a rule and tradition follower that always comes dressed in a standard black or navy suit with an appropriately matching shirt and tie. Nothing fancy, but always clean, pressed, and starched. Boring, perhaps, but he'll leave the pregame spotlight to his more flamboyant teammates and let his play on the ice be the only the thing to talk about. (178 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2024, 02:49 PM by spidey. Edited 2 times in total.)

Logan Webb used to come in dressed in proper attire, suit and tie. Do media question and answers with team paraphernalia. And follow the general outline expected of young athletes at any given time.

Over the years things have slipped a little as he has grown more accustomed to the league as his star grew.

Now a days he is coming into arenas dressed in a fuzzy house coat, typically pink. With a stained under shirt and some kind of boxers...if we are lucky. The house coat is typically loosely tied together so what ever he is wearing underneath is clearly showing. He typically has a two or three day stubble growing on his face, hair unkempt. One foot has a sock, that is it. While the other has a dirty white bunny slipper on, no sock. He will typically have a hello kitty backpack on one shoulder as walks in clutching a bottle of jack and a "questionable" cigarette in his mouth, no matter the state they are playing in.

As for the media scrumb, days we are lucky are the days he shows up in the same outfit as he walked in with. Most days he just wears his jockstrap as he walks in to address the media about his game play...ONLY THE JOCK STRAP, and the god damn thing is flesh colour! Needless to say, he is not asked to join the media too often.

240 words

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Option 1

Dag-Otto has always followed tradition when it comes to his game day uniform. He always shows up in a full suit. He got a suit early in his career back in Sweden, and even while it's not the same traditions back home he still wore it. It's something he got from his father, who always wore a suit when going to work. Dag-Otto has always looked up to his dad, and decided this was a nice touch to honor him.

There is however one thing Dag-Otto does to stand out a little bit from the crowd. And to mix things up from game to game. That is that he chooses his tie based on the opposing team of the day. He's hired a designer to create two separate tie designs for each team in the league. However, they're in no way supposed to shine a positive light on his opponents. Instead, it usually shows a barracuda defeating or destroying the other team's mascot.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players