Create Account

S78 All Star Week Due: Sunday, October 6th @ 11:59 PM PST

HO Pass

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Milestones +3

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Milesones (+3 TPE) : Sam Volta's S78 Milestones

Writing #2 : 
In my opinion, I think the coaches can mix the teams a bit more. In fact, there’s a lot of teams that doesn’t have any players for the All-Stars at each season. It sucks because, with the lack of performance, the players for a specific team can’t go there. And it’s shameful to see that because every player needs a chance to get into the All-Stars. Like I know that LA got a lot of players performing well, but there’s also the worst teams’ players who performed well in each season, even with the struggles that the team has. As an All-Star enjoyer, I always love to watch the players from each team having the fun of their lives playing the sports that they are good at. We don’t want to see teams that doesn’t have any players in the All-Stars roster like Arizona and San Jose did in the NHL.

151 words -> 3 TPE

Writing #6 : 
If my player starts a YouTube Channel, the kind that Volta will do is two of his best hobby/sport that he will do like content: Music AND Hockey Clips. Whenever it’s a trickshot hockey video with DUDE PERFECT, a tutorial for a certain deke or a Music Video for his next upcoming Banger, Volta is always happy doing these two things.

61 words -> 1 TPE

Writing #5: 
In my opinion, Tampa Bay gives a huge opportunity to give the fans and the players a chance to bring the hockey world to the south section of the world. In fact, even if Tampa is in the South Florida region in the USA, that doesn't let the hockey world down to not supporting them. Like if Kenya does have a IIHF hockey team now on Earth, why not brining the hockey to the South?

75 words -> 1 TPE

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?

Well, when you have that many people together, especially in an instance where you very much want to win. The best aim would be to keep the chemistry going and have those four skaters play together. After all, they’re all All-Stars, so every skater and netminder on this roster represent the best of the best of their conference. This means that ideally there’s not a whole lot separating them outside of play styles and, of course to chemistry. Its all about how well they together. Now yes, some of these boys and girls play together for their Country's International Hockey team. So you could argue that there’s a little bit of chemistry there but by and large, these teammates play together for all 66 games in the regular season and, in the case of the Los Angeles Panthers, all of their playoff games to win a championship together. They have what it takes to put them together if you’re trying to win.

3. Before last player in votes all of the East defencemen are from different teams, which pairings you would create from them?

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

S78 All Star Week: (8 tpe out of 8)

1)) SHL Milestones (3 TPE)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573877

5)) What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games? (4 TPE)

The city of Tampa is a great city that can offer all star game players many different things to do. The first thing I would suggest that players do is enjoy the night life in town and go out to a nice dinner and then walk around the main areas of the city. This will allow for some team building among all star team mates and then also to do some very fun people watching. Additionally, they will be able to enjoy some great food and drinks. The next thing I would recommend to the all star game players is that they should check out a Tampa bay bucs football game, which would allow them to see how another league game is played. They will be able to witness a very highly intensive sport that revolves around huge hits and high scoring outcomes. The next thing I would suggest that the players go check out a nice poolside area to get some tan and to socialize with friends and fans. This will allow a bigger meet and greet to happen so the fans can be able to interact with some of their fans. This will be a great opportunity to grow the game of hockey in a state like Florida.

210 words

13)) Most people would be excited to win an award. Make a case for your player to win an award. If you cannot make reasonable argument, even very biased one, for any award your player should receive, you are free to suggest adding a new award that your player would be competing for. (1 TPE)

My player would win the best teammate award because he is a leader on and off the ice and is well respected from his teammates. This award will be a very important one to win and would be at the top of his trophy case. This award is also voted by league peers, so it would be good to know others recognize as well.

64 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Milestones +2 TPE

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 10:46 PM by trella. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones: 1 tpe
[link]https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=139080&pid=3573890#pid3573890[/link]

Teammate one: 4 tpe

thanks to the excellent season by the tampa bay barracuda, which saw them in the hunt foe the president’s trophy and win the east, later making it all the way to the cup finals, the barracuda had quite a few players make the allstar team in s78. Tampa bay had 2 forwards, 1 defenseman, and 1 goalie named to the eastern conference all star roster, the most total players for any individual team in the eastern conference. The four players from tampa bay that were all stars are center max carnage, winger johnny wagner-svensson, defenseman j-longname dubolk, and goaltender tibuk soonika. All four of these players had fantastic seasons and were huge factors in the barracuda’s success in season 78. Max carnage had a breakout season winning him the points and goal leader trophies, as well as nominations for mvp and breakout player of the year. Dubolk was named a finalist for the scott stevens trophy for the best defenseman in the league. All four of these players deserved to make the team as some of the best talent that the eastern conference has to offer. It is nice to see soonika get some love as well, as he is underrated across the league despite him being its most talented goalie.

Last man in - 3 tpe
i believe that if one more player were to be added to the eastern conference all star game roster for the season 78 all star game my vote would be placed for a special player who is truly near and dear to my heart. It is not hard to guess who this player might be, in fact, it is my own player, RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023. RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 is a defenseman on the Tampa bay barracuda who just concluded his fifth season in the simulation hockey league. RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 is an offensively oriented puck moving defenseman who is able to unlock the abilities of his teammates by shuttling the puck between them. It was thanks to RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023’s quiet but essential play that defense pair partner J-longname Dubolk was able to get a nomination for the stevens trophy. Rip thunderdome should be on the squad out of respect for the thunderdome alone.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

+3 TPE Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573903

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

ATTENTION GRADER: 7 TPE TOTAL HAS BEEN EARNED.

9. The “spread of spots” is a participation trophy. In an all star game, I want to see the games best. I do not want to see any player from the Montreal Patriotes 3 win season the other year for instance. Being an all star does not mean being the best player on your team, you are the top of the league. In Atlanta for example, Phillipe Eko Eel made yet another appearance at the Allstar game; him being the only one who is deserving of such. How do you have an all star game without Prpich, Martin and Piastri, all of whom are in the top 10 for goals? Sure they are on the same team, but that is why they are in the top 4 year after year; they have all star caliber players. To me, Piastri being snubbed is the ultimate middle finger to meritocracy. There should perhaps be a council who anonymously decide on the top 3 goalies, 6 defensemen, and 12 forwards were conference. There may be some differentials, like if a rookie is putting up ridiculous numbers and is tied with another player for points or performance, perhaps he/she would get an edge, but if we have 5 panthers in the all star game, it is what it is. (200 WORDS, 4 TPE)

2. With that being said, 4 skaters from Los Angeles made the all start game, as a result they should not be kept together for ultimate chemistry. They should be placed with other all stars to see if they are actually good or just good teammates. I think maybe Derek Martin gets carried a little bit by Piastri to be honest. I think it would be cool to see players blend with eachother and maybe we’d see some trade opportunities arise from beautiful chemistry. (50 word, 1 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573897

+2 TPE FOR MY MILE STONES

Code:

S78 SHL Milestones - Oliver Castillon --> +3 TPE

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

5. Tampa Bay has a lot of fantastic beach fronts within an hour's drive of downtown, where the arena is located. It would be cool to see a lot more beach activities as a part of the All-Star Game. Maybe something like beach hockey, played on sand with a ball, like a bastardization of field hockey. (55 Words, 1 TPE)

6. If Oliver was going to start a YouTube channel, it would be following primarily his off-ice pursuits. He's actually considered it, as an outlet to talk about his grapes and bourbon barrels when nobody else wants to listen to him info dump. Maybe he'd do some videos on hockey or techniques, but it would be a lot more not-hockey content. For example, he's very excited about a new acre of land in Kentucky to grow his own corn for his bourbon distillery. The first bottles won't be ready for a few years, but it's a pilot program that he wants to experiment with. (103 Words, 2 TPE)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 10:32 PM by Repgnar. Edited 1 time in total.)

+2 TPE for Milestones

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!
ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

5 Total TPE Earned
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2024, 01:08 AM by natedoeshockey. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Claim

+2 TPE

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?
3. Before last player in votes all of the East defencemen are from different teams, which pairings you would create from them?
4. Which of the goalies you would have starting for each team?
5. What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games?
6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?
7. What would be your starting lineup, 3 forwards, 2 defencemen and a goalie for one of the SMJHL conferences?

Prompt 2

Well, Patya thinking if am having 4 players from Los Angeles Panthers on same team, maybe roll them together because they am score so much points and am be championship team! This chemistry much invaluable when it come to hockey. But, fan in Patya also say mix them up for get to see them with other great players from much other teams because this so much fun for fans of the game! Is hard call, I guess it depend how much am want for win all-star game, or how much want for make fans many happies. Maybe best choice is little balance of both - am have them play together sometimes, and am have them split sometimes. This way, everyone who am take part am be much happy! And after all, is not point of all-star game for make fans happy? Patya thinking so, so Patya am thinking this is best solution for problem. You are many welcomes for such sage advice.

161 words

+3 TPE

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

Okay so, today Patya am talk to you little bit about Peter Tingle. Now, Patya want start by saying, Peter Tingle much silly name. Patya saying this all the time because is true. Anyway, Peter Tingle am pretty good hockey player. Maybe not so good as Patya in heyday, but is pretty good. He am asking Patya many questions for how play hockey as good as Patya, so Patya tell him, but am not knowing faceoffs so he am talk to Atticus for this because everyone know Atticus am one of best. But, he protege of some of best hockey players NOLA ever am having and league am ever see, so is not surprise for he make all-star team. Patya not really sure what am happen in All-Star game, but am expecting Tingles for be many dominants because am very strong player. He am very good two-way center and Patya always admire this because Patya never learn for play center.

160 words

+3 TPE

TOTAL: 8/8 TPE EARNED

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 11:11 PM by charlieconway. Edited 3 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

+3 TPE from this post in the thread.

Quote:8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

Philippe Eko-eel, the pick for my team the Atlanta Inferno, has been to several all-star games. Does that mean he should be passed over for someone else on the team? Not at all. Not only is PEE a slimy star on defense, he’s the player of our GM, someone who is always present in the LR and willing to help people. Seriously, the amount of time hotdog has spent helping his players is incredible. Having his player be included in the All-star Game is not even close to fair recompense. It also helps that PEE is a top D in this league, and finished the second in D for points in S78. I expect PEE to continue his strong play in the ASG, and wouldn't be surprised to see him take home the MVP award.

{{135 words, +2 TPE}}

Quote:11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Chirper Is Content
Often people Chirp only for money and don’t really check what others have been chirping about, but it doesn’t have to be so. Find one or few interesting Chirps from this weeks thread, that you could reply to, and tell us why you picked those. Do they raise interesting topics that you’d have something to say about? Or maybe they are just something funny that made you smile?

I thought this was an interesting chirp because the user Elad315 attached a picture of a jack'o'lantern. Is it one that he made? Is it just from the internet? I’m left with many questions. I’m also left wondering how the hell the tradition of carving pumpkins even started. Instead of looking it up on the internet, let me imagine a scenario in which it could have been come up with:

Hundreds of years ago, during the Salem Witch Trials, the inquisitors took it into their own hands to lop the heads off of the witches that they caught, tried, and found guilty. Sometimes the witch would escape before the execution could take place. In such cases, they would take a pumpkin and carve a face on it, using that pumpkin as the head of an effigy to carry out the mock execution. Maybe they thought that was good enough, and then the tradition stuck around from there.

There's also this chirp by user Spkris.
Michkov better than Bedard? Maybe. To be honest with you, it’s entirely possible that that happens. Matvei Michkov is clearly a skilled, dynamic player. He has potential to be a big-time scorer at the NHL level, and it would be unwise to put too much stock in draft position; it gets less sensible the further along you get away from the draft, too. Ask someone if they’d rather have Nikita Kucherov (58th overall in 2011) or Ryan Strome (5th overall in 2011). I think the biggest advantage Bedard has is playing at a more impactful position, which is how I’d describe center in relation to wing.

{{270 words, +4 TPE}}

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

1. Milestones - +1 tpe

6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?

Mary Hollywood's YouTube channel would be a mess. There would also be a maximum of two outcomes -- she'd flop and get bored after exactly one post or she would be the most popular vlog queen in the SHL. Not necessarily because of the fact that she would be doing anything of interest -- indeed, she rarely does anything that would fit that categorization. No, people would simply tune in to watch the absolute train wreck. She'd probably do like, popcorn reviews or something. Popcorn and vape reviews. However, such content might not be particularly compelling to a massive audience. Indeed, the overlap between the number of popcorn review enthusiasts and vape enthusiasts is probably not as high as Mary would like. There could, then, be other facets of the channel that could draw viewership instead. Perhaps a day in the life of a SHLer? SHL hockey is far from Actual Hockey, and the cast of characters that makes up the league far outshines any of the boring hockey players one might encounter in, you know, the real world. Not to mention, these vlogs would be carried out from the point of view of someone who isn't exactly the most normal/well-adjusted in the SHL world, so an interesting flavor would be added for the viewership of SHL fans around the league. Mary would probably just complain about every city that isn't Philadelphia, even Manhattan, where she is currently employed.

238 words

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out

This feels like a bit of an embarrassing little prompt to write, just because I feel terribly awkward tooting my own horn here. However, Mary Hollywood just completed her first full SHL season, making her one of the Rookies of da Year. I contend that it would not be egregious to see her be named THE Rookie of da Year. Indeed, she's a finalist, last I checked. Additionally, and I could be wrong here, but in my research I believe she was the rookie scoring leader. Seems pretty dope. She has some bad other numbers, and by other numbers I mean defensive numbers, but at risk of throwing Mary's Manhattan teammates under the bus it's not like she was out there with an absolute All Star team. Pretty much everybody on Manhattan had some boof defensive numbers, and I don't even really think Mary's were the worst in comparison to her team? Again, that's last I checked. So basically you had an elite scoring winger come busting out the gate and lead the rookie cohort in scoring, and the only downside is she wasn't that great defensively on a team that was overall pretty horrible defensively. I personally would find it difficult to hold that against Mary. Counterpoint, of course, is that her fellow nominees don't exactly suffer from the painful defensive metrics Mary does. MINUS FORTY? What, was she smoking crack out there or something?

236 words

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!
[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 10:53 PM by Bonk.)

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573789 3- TPE

6. Hugh Manius YouTube channel would be a place of shame for the hockey world has Hugh has really won nothing his entire SHL and SMJHL career. Therefore, his channel would not be a site for highlight reels. Hugh would probably just gear it toward meditation because have this career just gets you sad and anger.

Words ~55 1-TPE

17. https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/all-star-big-show-78 4-TPE

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius