Create Account

SHL LEGACY TOURNAMENT S46 DEMONS ROSTER ANNOUNCEMENT
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 04:29 PM by SlashACM.)

Legacy Tournament Announcement- http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=98768

Legacy Tournament Update- http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99749

(2400 words ready for grading)

S50 is here to satisfy the hockey hunger that you get once eliminated in the playoffs, a hunger that feels like it lasts 1000 years. May Simon T bless us with good sims for everyone but the Dragons, y’all need to chill.
S46 was a massive reddit draft that reshaped the league with many upstanding members becoming GMs, scouts, coaches, and other league jobs. These players are still young but most have tasted a season or two of SHL action already. They are the future of the SHL.

The Roster

Borromini Cannellini Panthers just completed his second SHL season, and surprised many by breaking out as a legit top 6 player, even having time on the first line with Mauldin and Winter. Cannellini is poised to be the next big superstar in LA and they are developing him right, giving him all the ice he needs to thrive and develop his skills on the big league stage. Cannellini’s ceiling is very high, and the talent is limitless, so look out for him on the top of league scoring in the near future. @ArGarBarGar

Michael Scarn Stampede just completed his third season for the Jets before being moved to the Stampede. He played alright for the Jets in his three seasons but nothing spectacular, solid in his own end but not a high end point producer by any means. It will be interesting to see how he develops on the Stampede. They are a great team but will there be enough ice to go around with other young stars vying for ice as well? We shall see as s50 commences. @Trautner

Nick Brain Jets had a good season for the Jets, putting up almost 40 pts. He needs to work on his defensive game but with a shake-up of the Jets roster this offseason, he should be seeing more ice and might have the potential to have a breakout season in Winnipeg. Brain will likely be the guy the Jets build their forward core around as they continue to make moves to contend for the cup. @StadiumGambler

Collin Gibbles Chiefs has played 2 SHL seasons, neither very remarkable but he is still young and the Chiefs are a rebuilding team. Gibbles has the potential to be a true top 6 forward for the Chiefs and anchor the top line with the other young stars of Minnesota. We will see how he performs on this Demons team with different linemates and different strategies, maybe he will impress us all. @SpartanGibbles

Bobby Sharp Stampede has been a top 9 forward for the Stampede, not really playing the best hockey but there is still time to grow. This may be a scenario of limited ice time not allowing him to really showcase his skills, or they may be limiting his ice because he makes too many mistakes. He will likely play 3rd line here and hopefully with linemates from his same draft class he can build some chemistry and put up better numbers. @Nerio

Jimmy Slothface Specters just completed his second SHL season, and he has really honed his defensive game in his SHL time. Playing a third line role, he put up similar offensive numbers to his rookie season but his defensive numbers were a lot better. If he keeps this up I could see him being a very strong 2-way forward with 2nd line minutes in the near future, eventually first line as his teammates lose step with age. @slothfacekilla

Dick Clapper Wolfpack has 3 seasons under his belt, his last two being pretty spectacular for such a young forward. Playing second line minutes on a President’s trophy team is no easy task, and Clapper took it in stride putting up almost 40 pts with a great plus minus as well. Clapper is another player I would say could be a great 2-way forward in the SHL. Already understanding good defensive technique at such a young age is a great sign for Wolfpack fans and management alike, and I’m sure they are very pleased with their player’s development. @5ympathies

Barry Batsbak Dragons has played two full seasons in the SHL, but still has a lot of room for improvement. Relegated to third line minutes for a strong Dragons team, Batsbak showed some struggles but I would not fret because Batsbak is just getting their footing in the SHL. A couple more seasons in the SHL learning from a legend like Mike Izzy and those numbers should turn right around. @Katth

Olivier Cloutier Barracuda is one of the freshest rookies on this team, just making the jump to the SHL in s49. They had a really solid rookie campaign though, putting up 32 points on the second line for Tampa. They show a lot of potential and will likely have an even better sophomore season. @Jenny

Guy Zheng Wolfpack has had 3 seasons already in the SHL, but this past season is where he really hit his stride and showcased his defensive prowess to the rest of the SHL. Putting up great numbers all the way to the finals, Zheng is one of the best young defensemen in the game and his career with the Wolfpack will be an interesting one to watch to see how he develops. @goldenglutes

Karlstrasse Scholz Blizzard is still a wee lad in the SHL, just wrapping up his second season recently. He is becoming more comfortable offensively but his defense needs some work to be up to par in the big leagues. He won himself a cup this season and though he may have not been a main player in their run, every contribution is important and he should be very proud to be so young and win a cup, something that some players never see in their entire career. @karlssens

Brennan Kennedy Jr. Dragons has 4 seasons already in the SHL, and is looking to be more of a stay-at-home defenseman who is still learning the ropes. Playing on the second pairing is no easy task, and being paired with another young defenseman just amplifies the mistakes either of them make. I would give them a season or two to continue developing and you might see a solid defender in Kennedy yet. @bk1689

Perry Morgan Wolfpack has three seasons already packed away and this last season was an outstanding one. 30 pts from Morgan and a President’s and Eastern Conference Champion Trophy, Morgan is looking to be quite the stud blue liner for New England. I’d expect tons of more solid seasons out of Morgan as he ages like a fine wine, or maybe a cheese, or maybe a diaper. @"flareon4043"

Mathias Seger Chiefs has had 2 seasons with the Chiefs so far and both weren’t remarkable, though I wouldn’t attribute that much to Seger. The Chiefs have had ups and downs in the past 5 or so seasons and need to rebuild around young players such as Seger and give them lots of ice time to grow. Already giving him 2nd pairing minutes is a good start, and as he learns more and improves his game I would guess his ice time will go up as well. @Segi

Chico Smeb Dragons has had 4 long seasons in the SHL, and is steadily improving at all aspects of the game. His point totals and defensive numbers are getting better, and I’d say he’s on the right track to develop into a very solid top 4 dman for the Dragons sooner rather than later. @xDParK

Peter Larson Rage has saved the Rage from continuing to be cursed to a mediocre starter like they were through most of the s40s. His first full SHL season saw him start a large share of games and though he had to be bailed out by Crawfling numerous times, he posted decent rookie numbers and nabbed himself 20 wins on the season. As the offense and defense of the Rage mature, I believe he will put up even better numbers and could even reach 30 win seasons in the near future. The sky is the limit for Larson. @Tomasnz

Tibuk Soonika syndicate has reached full fledged starter status with the Syndicate, playing a full 44 games and winning 20 of them. If Soonika can emerge as a good starting goaltender, Chicago will have all the right pieces to launch themselves out of the basement and reach contender status. It will be a big challenge for Soonika but he is on the right track with his rookie season for sure. @chetib

Alternate Captain 2

Gordie Boomhover Wolfpack has had 2 solid seasons on the Wolfpack, cementing himself as a very solid 2-way forward on the second line right from the get-go. His offense may not have exploded yet but he is trusted to play big minutes and I believe he has what it takes to be a star in this hockey league. He is someone the Wolfpack will build around for the future and I think that is the right choice going forward. @gordieboom

Alternate Captain 1

Daniel Smeb syndicate is a seasoned SHL player going into his fifth season soon, and he is getting more comfortable putting up offense on a Syndicate team that is not known for goal scoring. He slotted in right at first line center and though he didn’t put up first line point totals, he didn’t falter either and showed that he could handle the pressure of being a top dog for the Syndicate. It will be interesting to see how he develops in the SHL and becomes one of the premier offensive players in Chicago. @Kylrad

Captain

Monkey D. Luffy Stampede is the jewel of the s46 draft, bursting onto the scene in s49 with a terrific rookie year. Not looking out of place on the ice with superstars, Luffy is a true talent and will become a big name in Buffalo before long. He fits right in with the team and can confidently play in all scenarios in all zones of the ice, and that is something you don’t see often with young players. He leads the Buffalo youth as they try to continue their recent cup streak and hope to nab their third in 5 seasons. @TnlAstatine

Now that all the players have been announced, the roster is as follows:

Barry Batsbak
Bobby Sharp
Borromini Cannellini
Brennan Kennedy Jr.
Chico Smeb
Collin Gibbles
Daniel Smeb (A)
Dick Clapper
Gordie Boomhover (A)
Guy Zheng
Jimmy Slothface
Karlstrasse Scholz
Mathias Seger
Michael Scarn
Monkey D. Luffy ©
Nick Brain
Olivier Cloutier
Perry Morgan
Peter Larson
Tibuk Soonika

Line Speculation-
Line 1-
Smeb-Luffy-Boomhover

This will be an interesting line to watch because while Smeb has the most experience, his linemates have more illustrious careers. I think they will be able to click and really put something special together even though this is a weaker first line compared to other teams in this tourney. None of them are true goal scorers so one of them will have to step up and shoot the puck a little more for the benefit of the team.

Line 2-
Cannellini-Scarn-Brain

This is actually a really good second line for the Demons, as Cannellini will be able to play good defense and make up for the mistakes of his other young linemates. Brain can put up some serious offense when called upon, and though none of them are bonafide snipers, I think one of them can take that mantle here.

Line 3-
Gibbles-Sharp-Slothface

A solid third line, they will have to clean up their defensive game as they will likely be tasked with shutting down opponents rather than running the offense. None of them had amazing defensive showings so we will have to see if they can build chemistry with each other and really bunker down in their own zone.

Line 4-
Clapper-Batsbak-Cloutier

A very good fourth line, I think having Clapper on this line will really help them take advantage of matchups as he is strong defensively while still being able to put up lots of points. It even looks like Batsbak could be a triggerman on this line, with Cloutier dishing the puck and Clapper going hard to the net to try and tip it or get a rebound. This will be an interesting line to watch.

Defense Pairing 1-
Zheng-Scholz

An alright top pairing, Zheng will have to teach Scholz a thing or two about playing defense because his numbers were way better despite being on the second pairing. I think if these two do figure it out it will be a hard pairing to play against, as Scholz possesses a lot of poise and has a cup to his name already. We just have to hope these two don’t harbor any ill will from the finals.

Defense Pairing 2-
Kennedy-Morgan

A solid second pairing, I could see Kennedy staying back and try to play sound defense while Morgan takes some risks and joins the rush or forechecks hard. This has the potential to really work or be really bad, but those are the most fun pairings to watch at the end of the day because you never know what to expect.

Defense Pairing 3-
Seger-Smeb

A pretty good third pairing, these players aren’t flashy but I could see them doing well with the task of shutting down opponents and playing safe, smart hockey. What they lack in SHL experience compared to other defense pairings in this tourney they make up for a hunger for victory and a quick step.

Starter-
Larson
Backup-
Soonika

Both are great goalies, but Larson is the clear choice for starter after an amazing showing on Manhattan in s49. He has proven he is ready for starting duties and as Manhattan grows as a team, Larson will be a stud in net behind them. Soonika is also capable of starting games if Larson is struggling, as he had tough minutes on Chicago against the best of the best in the SHL.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you stay tuned for more announcements regarding the SHL LEGACY TOURNAMENT.

Eagles
Mustangs
Cyclones
Sharks
Fury
Pirates
Demons
Greyhounds
Astros
Regiment
Covenant
Young Guns

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

scary good team

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

snubbed?

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

lots of wolfpack on the team Wolfpack

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Just give us the trophy now

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Excellent piece

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Third line grinder baby

RIP NOLA’s first round pick on me

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Can we revote for captain?

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

ah shit it's the pairing that never came to be in kelowna @karlssens

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Looks like a fiesty vigerous little squad!... alittle wet behind the ears though

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-05-2019, 05:35 PMbk1689 Wrote: Can we revote for captain?

Yeahthat

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

10-05-2019, 01:05 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: snubbed?

Get some more tpe eh

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-05-2019, 06:25 PMSlashACM Wrote:
10-05-2019, 01:05 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: snubbed?

Get some more tpe eh

wow ok

10-05-2019, 05:43 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: ah shit it's the pairing that never came to be in kelowna @karlssens

Teach me your ways Zheng san

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

10-07-2019, 06:44 PMkarlssens Wrote:
10-05-2019, 05:43 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: ah shit it's the pairing that never came to be in kelowna @karlssens

Teach me your ways Zheng san

You're the one with the cup...

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]