Create Account

S50 PT #3 - Aches & Pains

This week's PT is all about an under-discussed aspect of being an SHL star - playing hurt. If you listen to chatter in locker rooms around the league, you'll often hear things like "damn, my [body part] really hurts" or "dude I went to a stick and puck yesterday for like an hour and I'm so sore." Tell us about some of the aches and pains your player has been experiencing recently. There's no such thing as injuries in this universe, so the training staffs must be doing an incredible job, but no doubt there's some pain along the way. 

Written task (150+ words on the topic, example prompts listed here): What hurts? What helps you deal with the pain? Has it gotten worse over time? How have you been getting along with the training staff and what are they doing to help you out?

Graphic task: Show us a scene from the trainer's room or the locker room demonstrating your player either coping with the pain or getting worked on by the training staff. Make sure to show us the tape job/cast/ice bath - something that makes it clear what's hurtin' - and have the SHL team logo in the LR/training room in the background.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements. 

This PT will close Sunday, October 20th at 10pm ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

At this current period in time, nothing hurts more than François' face. Just before the start of the regular season, Hamilton held a "sanctioned" (very underground, and not sponsored by anyone) fight between Jax Duggan (@SecondSucks22) and François Breton. François knew he stood no chance, but he was really looking forward to interacting with the boys up in the show, he couldn't help it.

As it stands, nothing helps more than rubbing Vaseline in the cuts and time, so he's going out every night with gritted teeth and determination. It's clearly affecting his play, as his production compared to the regular season has dropped drastically, but he's confident in himself and the boys around him. When asked if he regrets committing to the fight so close to the season opener, man of few words that he is, we only got a "Of course not".

(exactly 150 words)

[Image: a7leg1V.png]

God my back is killing me. No, not literally, that's just Fitted's drugs as usual. But after many long hours on and off the ice, Joseph Weston's back is absolutely trashed. It's his posture as usual most of hist teammates chirp at him, his slouch is infamous for the easygoing and casual look that now causes so much annoyance for Weston. However, his usual inability to ask for help until things are at their worst is striking yet again. The personal trainers on the team are more than aware about his numerous complaints, most of the guys and staff on the Kraken can hear his swears and complaints down the hall. They're more than happy to wait it out until Weston swallows his pride and admits to needing help. The betting pool is currently at about three weeks before admitting to having a problem, but a few of the more naive staff on the Kraken had taken unders on the bet. It probably won't pay off for them.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 11:13 PM by JamesT.)

Quote:Written task (150+ words on the topic, example prompts listed here): What hurts? What helps you deal with the pain? Has it gotten worse over time? How have you been getting along with the training staff and what are they doing to help you out?

Hockey is a tough and painful sport to participate in and I have had my share of pain and bruises throughout my time in the SHL/SMJHL. 

Luckily though there are no injuries in the SHL but I have felt my share of turmoil and distraught in my young career here in the SHL. Perhaps my most painful moment happened in my SMJHL days when i was playing for the Montreal Militia (now the Carolina  Kraken ). We got to the Four Star Cup Finals and this was my first experience playing in the finals. Emotions were at an all time high and I felt like we were going to capture the Four Star Cup, however we came up short and that pain still sits with me today. However, a Challenge Cup this past season has eased the pain a little bit.

What helps me ease the pain is unwinding with music, watching some netflix shows and just taking a walk around my neighbourhood when i'm feeling low.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=115143

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: q1Y1cwx.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: u4oLyks.png]

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 11:13 PM by ImASurvivor.)

Ricky Bobby's most sore part of his body is most certainly his eyeballs. First of all, Phineas Gold conducts daily eye strengthening tests that involved starting into a reflection of the sun for 10 minutes a day. Then Joseph Weston continues the abuse by having small water particles float into our eyes, with Tom Fiddler choosing to fiddle with our eyeballs day in and day out. Team goon Michael Fitted then spends half an hour of on-ice practice teaching us how to scrap with each other in case a team gets desperate to injure some of our stars, which is all of us simultaneously. Lastly, the most gruesome exposure of them all is having to be on a hockey line with Alexei Rykov, the ugliest mug in the entire SMJHL. It hasn't been for just a minute or two, it has been al 32 games so far that Fuzz has left my eyes to bleed between shifts. Thanks a lot.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

What hurts veteran defenseman Kristaps Ball playing for the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise? "Everything. Existing. It. All. Hurts." Pretty fucking dark by Kristaps Ball, but the truth. He has been a machine at blocking shots ever since becoming a defenseman, leading the league in blocked shots just a couple seasons ago. So his legs are dead, they only look so big cause he fills his socks with padding. And Kristaps is emotionally hurt too. He has never been on a date but has been denied hundreds of times, leaving Kristaps in a dark place mentally. How does the defenseman deal with all this hurt and pain? He drinks his problems away. Kristaps has never gone to the training staff, claiming they are "corrupt" and hurt players more so they get more money. This claim has no backing. Kristaps loves to drink and drinks before, during, and after games. It has worked thus far, but a lifetime of drinking surely won't be good for him in the future.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 03:49 AM by Ferda.)

Buffalo Stampede trainer helping Wang relieve his muscle pain after a nice long training session with a new "stretch" that he found. Wang, of course, sporting some sponsored merchandise from SHLKush.com, promo code WANG20, to help him unwind even more.

Yes, the attire was necessary to maximize muscle relief.

Unfortunately, even after about an hour of this and many other "stretches", Wang felt still felt sore for some odd reason.

[Image: ZcDK8rH.png]

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

My nipples are raw, and nobody has a fix for it. I've been dealing with this for almost 20 years, and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to last. It is getting really ridiculous. It's getting worse at this point I think, I expected things to start improving at some point, but I mean this is truly terrible. I need to have some type of special cream, or a powder that will cure me made by a private chemist, or something. It's not fair that my nipples are made of a couple wet napkins, and there is nobody out there with an answer to my pains. I am thinking of moving to Germany in the summer to get a special nip treatment from this lady who's been known for male nipple rehab. It's time to get fixed up, and I don't think anyone in Winnipeg has the answer.
[150+]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

After last season Emiko's been aching pretty bad due to how many shots she faced. She's pulled her Groin and played injured in the playoffs. She went to the physiotherapists to try and get her groin fixed however it's been a major issue still and she's going through rehab still even while playing games. The more games she's playing the worse it is getting overall and she needs an extended rest to be able to see if there is anything that can help her overall as the more games she plays the more likely she is to agitate it again.

So far the training staff haven't been every useful as they have been clearing me to play when i know i'm hurt and i would hope they realised i was injured. To help me out they kept giving me some strange painkiller which helps slightly but i feel worse as soon as i get home.

Code:
155 Words

At nearly half season done and a hard summer workout behinde, there are a lot of pain after each game and practice during the season. But, these makes you even better, you get to know your body, your strenghts and weakness, and you can work on it with your physio, your doctor or by yourselve or with friends or teammates. The most pain i feel on on my Foot is, when i was hikking last summer as part of my practice, i sprained my foot, these injury still hurts and even more hurts when we lost our game. Before each practice and game, our physio try to tape my foot, so i can give the best i can in each practice and game. Twice a Week, i need a massage and therapy for the foot, but, it feels better, just a bit each week but it feels better and i know, it's well soon.

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collin Gibbles like many athletes has had a few injuries in his past that have left some aches and pains. The biggest one would have to be a potassium deficiency that causes massive calf cramps after practice and games. If you were to walk into the LR after a game you would likely find Gibbles eating a few banana's and other potassium rich foods to try and offset it. The most effective solution to combating this problem has been getting a massage after each game to help keep his muscles loose. He has also invited his fellow Chiefs(Mathias Seger, Mika Mayfield, Geoff Moore, Eric Pelletier, and Noah Tedla) to go with him for team massages and it is slowly becoming a team tradition. This has definitely not only helped with the team's physical pain, but it has increased team bonding. There has even been word of getting a new sauna put in the Chiefs LR for after practices and games to give the players somewhere away from the media they can escape and talk.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]