Create Account

S51 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 06:25 PM by hotdog.)

Code:
Welfare claim, 3 TPE

PBE PT

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think there are a few bright young stars worth of mention here, though they may not be in line for the typical awards. @golden_apricot may win the award for "Most Typos" once Izzy retires and @Julio Tokolosh will likely be a lock for "Best Cow" once HO listens to my request to add that award. If I have to pick a typical award, which I don't, because I'm the boss here, I would say Gabriel Johnson may be in line for a Stevens some day. He's still young but already putting up decent stats, and if he stays on this trajectory he should be peaking at the right time to be a standout defenseman in the league and may be recognized as such.

Code:
8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.

I cannot wait for us to change the sim
My player sucks and there's no hope for me
If we advance then maybe I'll be him
If "him" can mean the guy all want to be
On FHM I'll have a chance at fame
And maybe there I'll ably reach my peak
In STHS no one knows my name
And on the ice van otter kind of reek
Just one more year to go until the switch
For now I'll put my head down and go on
And keep my stats like way down in a ditch
And never hit or block or score oh yawn
At least our team in fifty-two shall grow
Sans playoffs then my brains out I shall blow!

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.

I think that
Otter will be good
But not yet

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

In this hypothetical, I'm shifting back to Defense and I'm pretty well suited for the switch. Scoring goals isn't really my specialty, I'm more of a passer. And it turns out that passing from a forward position isn't even that valuable, so I'm probably a waste of a spot at F anyway! Send me back to defense where I can continue to pass it from a more useful position. My defense rating is already maxed out, so I'll be fine there. In fact, I'll be better - my puck handling is maxed (for me) as well, and I think that's another important one to have for defense. And my strength is good, too. Hmm maybe I really should switch to defense. Although all this will change next offseason so it's not worth it! Keep me at forward! Let me pass it around with my buddy Slap McShotty as we send it back and forth with each other and neither of us ever shoots it! 

Code:
#18 - 3 TPE

PM Sent

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 03:35 PM by Moosecop.)

Welfare
PBE PT

Casual Member
Sent

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 01:41 PM by Tomasnz.)

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Alternative reality where everyone is super cool and chill and loves playing fake hockey on a flawed but fun sim engine. In this reality the same end of season standings were achieved across the board, however the Manhattan rage were able to overcome the formidably coached Steelhawks in seven games and since everyone knows the Eastern Conference final is the true tough test, rage then went on to defeat the blizzard in a 6 game series holding off a late comeback in the decisive game.

In this reality eastern teams are even more dominant than in the current meta, with any of the semi finalist being likely teams to see off the blizzard. Chicago in particular are a team that has shown that they have already arrived on the scene and ready to challenge the established order. With buffalo and Hamilton both having some of the greatest coaching staffs that the league has ever known.

Quote:Casual member special

Pm sent

Quote:Affiliate

NSFL ultimates
http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=243469

Quote:9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.

Manhattan Rages
Will Steelhawks win the cup now
Phew not buffalo
Quote:Code:
15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
Looking at both goal tenders there is really very little that seperates these two. Both have high tpe total and while Kryyst is completely maxed, Tommy tuck is only just off that and possibly has the build edge with his hybrid build and three maxed goalie primaries. Should a game go to a shoot out then Kryyst probably has the edge with his superior Penalty shoot stat. However sample size is going to limit any real edge either might have and I predict this is going to be able which player goes on a hot streak.
Quote:B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
Be physical, one of the edge strats that the great toment tried as a potential counter for the all shooting strat actually looked at the physicality sliders, around making hits far far more effective in the engine. If this helped the I think since you are already the underdog, the best plan is to give the physical game a go and see if you can break up the air raid approach enough and score on the break!

Quote:D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)

Tor tuck, mostly cause Tor is a kick ass first name! It has everything! Nordic roots, evocation of everyone's favourite marvel superhero, vickingness… what is not to like! It is even aliterative! All the best names are aliterative! Like Liz lemon! Or Peter Parker! Or Roger Rabbit! Plus his last name has an ambiguous alternative spelling to mess with people. Tuk.

Quote:Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other

I think there are two MVP Candidates for this series, the first is the often vilianiously cast Aaron Wilson, the coaching of Hamilton has increased the leagues awareness and understanding of what good coaching practice is and has had impressive quality outputs. Maybe slightly unintended consequences, but I think the cup will is deserved if also slightly more complex an award than normal.

However, the true MVP of the playoffs and probably this series… it's the goal tender for the Hamilton Steelhawks, Geezus Kryyst, they posted an insane save percentage, and in my opinion are the real hero and main reason for Hamilton's desicive victory.

Quote:I think 15 total?

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

This is honestly one of the worst choices you could have in this league, because they are both cities that don’t have a lot to offer if you compare why the other cities who have teams in this league. The question then becomes which arena has the most to offer and what you can visit in the surrounding area during the day off between the two games. For this reason, I would choose to go see games number 3 and 4 in Hamilton. I think that Hamilton’s arena has one of the best atmospheres in the league and there is a possibility that I could see then win at home during game 4. However, the main reason why I would choose to go to Hamilton is because I could visit Niagara Falls for the first time during the day when there is no game. I would take one of those cruises that bring you right under the falls.
158 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

The two teams in the final and the league have decided that they would use the final to fundraise and increase awareness about a cause that has been chosen by them. They have decided to help the animal shelters in their respective cities. Both teams were in charge of locating three animal shelters between which the money raise would be split. The fund raising will be in three parts. The first one would be a silent auction where items sign and used by the player would be displayed in the arena and subject to a silent auction where all the proceeds would go to the cause. The second part of the fund raising will come from 50/50 lotto that will be held at every game that will take place during this final. Finally, the league and the owner have promised to double the donation by matching the amount that will be rising. This amount will be split evenly between the league 14 owners.
163 words

Code:
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

I have already shown that I can be reliable in multiple position since I went from being a center last season to playing as a winger this season. As a winger, I had what I consider to be one of my two best seasons since I joined the SHL. If the Wolfpack has an injury crisis, I think I would be one of the first forward to be played as a defenseman. Offensively, I’m a pass first guy and those skills would be really helpful to get the puck out of our own zone quickly. I’m also the first forward the coach rely on when he needs to put someone on the penalty kill. Therefore, I would say that my defensive game is good enough to replace one of our defenseman in case of injury. Finally, I would say that I am as I’m good at skating forward as I am at skating backward which is something other players might struggle with.
162 words

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

I don’t expect anything big to happen to me this off-season since I’m signed with New England for the next two years and I’m coming from a really good season. Since the Wolfpack will be looking to make the playoffs next year, I expect them to keep me. The first thing I will do this off-season is going to the IIHF tournament where I will represent my home country, Norway, in the tournament. After this, with the regular season I had, I think that my chances of being nominated for an award are pretty high, which means I will probably have to attend the S51 SHL award ceremony. Finally, I will spend most of my off-season in Norway where I will stay in the new summer house I bought in my hometown of Bergen. Most of my time there will spend training and running up the mountains close to the town. I will also hit the ice three times a week.
161 words

Code:
15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?

I would give the advantage to Edmonton goalie Tommy Tuck because of experience. Tuck has been one of the top goalies in the league for multiple seasons and he knows what it takes to win a championship in this league. I expect him to be a difference maker in big games.
51 words

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. In which season did the Hamilton Steelhawks last win the Challenge Cup?
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
C. Which Edmonton Blizzard player famously has a cow as their player render?
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

Send via PM.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:49 PM by CanadianDuck.)

1. (3 TPE) Getting invited to Hamilton for Games 3 and 4 of the SHL Finals between the Blizzard and Steelhawks is an honor. I've been able to visit the Royal Botanical Gardens, the Dundurn Castle, and all of the amazing waterfalls in the area. It has been an amazing week of awesome scenery with some good friends. The series is currently 3-0 for Hamilton and seeing them finish off Edmonton in a sweep would be exciting to see live. I try not to hold grudges in life, but I must admit that being traded by Edmonton just days after they drafted me hurt and seeing them lose would feel good. The Blizzard coming back and winning in a reverse sweep would be very entertaining though, and it's not like I hate seeing them win without me on the team. The fans here in Hamilton have been awesome to join watching this Final series play out.

2. (3 TPE) In an alternate reality the Season 51 SHL Championship Finals is being played between the Manhattan Rage and the Calgary Dragons. Manhattan made the finals by sweeping both the Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede. Calgary got through the Edmonton Blizzard in 6 games and the New Orleans Specters in 7 hard fought games which featured 5 Overtime games, and 1 which finally ended in the 7th Overtime! (At 16:47 exactly) These two teams are set for a fantastic series and one that should be remembered for a very long time. * The series proved to be what many expected it to be, an instant classic which was won by Manhattan in 6 games. Calgary play well, but a few bad penalties in the final period of Game 6 cost them their 3 goal lead and they ended up losing the game by a final score of 5-4. Both teams deserve credit for an outstanding series.

3. (3 TPE) Edmonton and Hamilton have decided to join forces to raise money for families that have fallen victim of cheaters and thieves who have broken into their homes and stolen priceless family heirlooms that could never be replaced. Edmonton came up with this awesome idea and Hamilton really couldn't really say no based on what they were caught doing at the beginning of the season and what many believe got them to the finals in the end. "It is nice to turn such a shitty thing they did into something that can help so many." said a member of the Edmonton Blizzard staff. "What they did was a disgrace and they may not want to admit it, they know it to be true regardless." Many top players from the other SHL teams  and even future stars in the SMJHL were spotted helping out during the many different events being run in both Canadian cities.

5. (3 TPE) The SHL Offseason is never very fun when you miss the Playoffs and have to wait longer until the Preseason starts up again. I have always seen older players going through regression while I continued to get better and better. I can see regression quickly running me down and getting it's dirty hands on me. Winning a Championship in the SHL in my prime is very quickly running out for me, and while I have always planned on staying with the same team that drafted me, (which didn't happen due to an early trade.) my contract ends after the upcoming season and I need to start thinking about my future and what I want to do after next season is over. For now, I am going to enjoy spending time with my family and former teammates and in a few days I will get back to work on preparing for the next season with the Pride.

15. (4 TPE)
A: When it come to which team has the better Goalie, the stats for the Playoffs should always mean more than regular season stats. Tommy Tuck is an amazing netminder, but Geezus Kryyst has been insane so far in the post season and the edge in goaltending goes to his team in this series.

B. It may seem like a good idea for Edmonton to lay off on the physicality in this series because of Hamiltons incredible powerplay, but changing what you did to get to this stage seems like a potentially huge mistake waiting to happen. I would keep doing what has been working and only change if it stops.

C. Tony Pepperoni has been by far the best player for the Blizzard with his incredible talent, and if he cannot continue his strong play against the Steelhawks, this will be a short series. Edmonton needs to have some other players step up and help Tony, because he can't win this Championship alone.

D. Tony Pepperoni was my go to answer for favorite player name in the past, but this time I decided to go with Barrett Blackwood. This name sounds like it belongs to a real mans man, someone you do not want to anger if you enjoy breathing without machines. Barrett Blackwood is my new favorite players name.

16/16 TPE

Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Usually when Jon Forty-One goes to watch the final he always ends up going game 3 and game 4. Mainly because of the fact that this means game 3 and 4 have already happened and the series is under way. It the event of a clean sweep by one of the teams it will also means he gets to see the title being lifted. Just makes it way more entertaining than seeing the series in its infancy. However, this season is different. Jon will be going to game 1 and game 2 of this series in Edmonton. He went to Edmonton a while ago in one of these and really enjoyed himself and the hockey he watched. It was really entertaining and he seemingly liked the area he was in for some reason.

The other reason might be to avoid Hamilton too since a lot of his old team mates he played with are on it and he would not like them bragging to him how much better of a season they had lol

[175 words]

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

This one could be a spicy one. As Jon is looking forward to another season on the Chiefs! Oh wait, nevermind. No, instead Jon Forty-One will be relaxing during the off-season and trying to just relax and enjoy himself before the training. But Jon will be most likely playing for another team next season. In character he just wants a fresh challenge and a place that he can just scratch the names off his revenge list. The location of where he will be playing is completely unknown but it will be interesting to see what the angry scotsmen ends up doing and where he ends up playing.

Outside of ice hockey, he will be mainly mansion shopping very soon once he knows where he is going to be playing. Thankfully he has more than enough cash in his bank to manage these funds. He will also give the Minnesota mansion he has been living in to his cult for whatever they may end up doing with it we'll never know.

[172 words]

Code:
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Aaron Wilson. I mainly stayed out of this drama of Hamilton using this passing and shooting thing but he was always really good at making builds for the Whalers' players. So with that in mind I would place a bet on him being one of the more likely players to win an individual award in a future season cause he would know how to build a really good player. If you can just build a half decent player I can imagine you'd at least be in contendership for one too so I will just place my small bet on 1 of the more likely players instead.

[106 words]

Code:
B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

A. I would say every play-off series is different and you just cannot really say who will shine and who will not show up. Whilst Geezus has been doing well, Tommy has been going better for longer in the regular season so since that is way longer than play offs I would say Tommy's team has the small advantage going into the finals.

[64 words]

B. I personally think Edmonton who stick to what they know and what got them to this final in the first place. If playing the physical style helped them get to this point, why change what is working? I do not think teams should really play differently, at least at the start of the series. If it just seemingly does not work out, then perhaps decide to change it.

[68 words]

C. I played with a handful of the guys in Hamilton when we were in minors in Hamilton. So because of that I will never underestimate Aaron Wilson. He is a player I really love and think he could be a dark horse in this to perform very well this series. If not him then Jax Duggan could be that guy cause he is a really good player too.

[68 words]

D. For me, Jax Duggan. I remember first entering the amazing Whalers locker and seeing his player name and thinking "That is a really cool player name" and it was just one of those that stuck out to me and I always remembered. He is also a lovely guy so whilst Teddy Cuddles and a few others may exist with great names Jax just is a more fun name to me.

[70 words]

E. I think most may pick the low hanging fruit of Aaron Wilson option and whine like babies again but personally I would not refuse a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles. I do not personally know the guy nor think we have ever really talked but it is a nice long hug, why wouldn't I take that as an option. Most people like cuddles and hopefully he lives up to his name.

[72 words]

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

Sent.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PBE +3

Prompt #1 +3 TPE:

If you're going to give me a choice between Edmonton and Hamilton, I'm definitely going to choose Hamilton. I don't know a lot about the cities, but one of my college roommates moved to Canada to marry a guy she met on a Barenaked Ladies message board and they live in Hamilton now so I'd like to see them. I want to stay in the fanciest hotel I can find if it's on SDCore's dime, but it seems all the hotels in Hamilton are rather reasonably priced. Anyway, there's a place called The Barracks Inn that looks classy and is a little more expensive than the others, so I'll stay there. If there isn't a truly splurgy hotel, I'm going to have to have a fancy dinner. The internet tells me that the Aberdeen Tavern is the place to go, so I'll head over there and order the scallop and mushroom risotto, a bunch of appetizers, and some expensive wine. I'll be fat and happy and I won't even have to pay for it. Hopefully I'm sober enough at the end of the meal to make it to the game. 

Code:
190 words.

Prompt #3 +3 TPE:

I don't know a lot about Edmonton and Hamilton and what might be beneficial to both cities, but I do know that most Canadians love The Tragically Hip and were probably bummed out to hear that Gord Downie had passed away a couple of years back. During his life he created a fund to support reconcilliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people in Canada, the Chanie Wenjack Fund. I think this continues to be a worthwhile cause and something both the Blizzard and Steelhawks would be proud to support. The teams could pledge to donate a certain amount for each goal they score and also encourage fans to support the cause if it's something that speaks to them. The teams could even get together and do a press conference to this effect, to be united in the effort. The support of two major hockey teams during their biggest series of the season would bring a lot of awareness to this cause and I think they'd be able to raise a significant amount of money to help out Indigenous people in Canada. 

Code:
180 words.

Prompt #5 +3 TPE:

After winning Rookie of the Year in his first season, this past season was definitely a disappointment for Alex as he seemed to hit the sophomore slump. He did actually improve in a lot of areas so he definitely feels he has a lot to build on. With that in mind, he's going to be very motivated to train and improve his game in the offseason. His assist numbers were down so he'll likely spend a good amount of time doing drills to work on his passing. However, working non-stop during the offseason just makes people burn out, so he'll find some time for relaxation as well. He'll spend some time back in Russia visiting his family, but also plans to spend some time exploring the Pacific Northwest. He's heard the sights are beautiful and there's a lot of great culture and places to eat as well. Since this great sport has given him the opportunity to live in America, he's going to explore as much of it as he can. 

Code:
171 words.

Prompt #9 +1 TPE:

Alex Petrenko
Anaheim Outlaw for life
Even with the Pride.

And I submitted answers for #18.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:46 AM by fishy.)

Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab??

Thanks SDCore for the tickets! The answer is obviously Edmonton, and anybody saying they want to go for an all expenses trip to Hamilton is outrageous. Hamilton's a shithole, what are you gonna do there? Go on tours of closed down steel factories? Watch the Ti-Cats choke a Grey Cup away? Get stabbed when you go out for a night on the town at Hess Village? Seriously, re-think your decision. Nothing joyous occurs within the city limits of Hamilton, even the legendary Hamilton Golf and Country Club, home of this past year's LPGA Canadian Open, isn't in Hamilton! What kind of shit is that? Sure, the food scene is alright, and there are some nice views, like going to walk the trails around Dundurn Castle, or all the waterfalls, but Hamilton by itself is not a worthy place for an all-inclusive trip to the finals. Get SDCore to owe you one instead, it'll be much better than a trip to the Hammer. (169)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
In this alternate reality, Hamilton hasn't lit the SHL on fire, climate change hasn't lit a whole fucking continent on fire, and everything is good! Passing and scoring are equally important stats, as you know, passing is a thing that works IRL and you know, should probably be a contributor to being a winning fucking hockey team in a hockey sim! in this alternate universe, we're also already using FHM6, as FHM6 is literally the only option to save the league in the current reality! Let me tell you, in this alternate reality, its fucking great! There is build diversity, passing matters, test-simming is banned, Buffalo is in the finals, and nobody is in uproar! They won the Eastern conference fair and square, while Edmonton won the Western Conference fair and square! Everybody's friends, nobody is beefing anybody but jruutu, who is still coming out with shit takes in this alternate dimension, and the league is not dying! WOO! Let's all move to that dimension! (165)

Code:
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
With climate change currently going ape-shit across the globe, the SHL and the Blizzard are getting together to tell climate change, first-world countries, and fossil fuel companies to fuck off. This is a spot that hits close to home for the Blizzard, as the Fort McMurray wildfires that decimated much of Alberta and many towns are fresh in their mind, and with Australia currently literally getting burned to the ground, these Canadian teams are doing their part to show that Canada is indeed the best country in the world. Also, the Blizzard are concerned as you-know, they're named after snow storms.... which may you know become a thing of the past if global warming continues. Hamilton is however, not involved. Named after the 900000 steel factories residing within Hamilton, the city of Hamilton has done its fair share of contributing to global warming through its nonstop CO2 emissions and other aerosol emissions that impact the ozone layer and contribute to the greenhouse effect. Hamilton is thus not allowed to contribute, as they'll probably just open some more closed down factories, as it's not currently against the rules to continue to spew toxic emissions in the air that ruin our planet. (200)

Code:
Hernadivic is looking forward to finding out what his Supreme Leaders, Mr. WannaBeFinn and Mr.62% himself, have in store for Hernadivic's next season. With Hernadivic making it known to Supreme Commander WBF and Supreme Leader Tomen how he feels about everything, and with Hernadivic signing a team friendly deal, it'll be interesting to see if WBF listens to their young jedi's wishes, or if they bring him up to the dark side for what is a lost season anyways (congrats HAM on your S52 cup win). Once his Supreme Leaders figure out what they're doing with their young Fish, Hernadivic is looking forward to some rule changes to mitigate the effectiveness of the all-shoot, no-pass meta currently seen across the SHL. Growing up as a playmaker, Hernadivic has seen this meta, and wonders if its all for waste? Just like the real world, the SHL is turning selfish, why share the puck when you can just shoot? Why share the wealth when the billionaires can keep it all to themselves? (170)

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE

New GM Gibbles
jruutu is in shambles
minny in good hands

Code:
Sent.

1(3) + 2(3) + 3(3) + 5(3) + 9(1) + 18(3) = 16

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Code:

In alternate reality A453, the SHL operates with a strict 5 successful passes before a shot can be taken. The Hamilton Steelhawks ended up being in complete shambles. They couldn’t even manage a single win against the Buffalo Stampede in a complete reversal of our reality. Naturally the Stampede went on to be a part of the SHL final thanks to having a player named Hippo Passamus. The alternate reality rules didn’t really affect the western conference. So we get a Buffalo Stampede versus Edmonton Blizzard final. It is a totally well balanced finals full passing and shooting with nary a questionable tactic to be seen. Of course what slipped everyone’s mind in this alternate reality is that in the finals the winner is ultimately chosen by the actual physical representations of the team names. The literal buffalos were able to weather the actual blizzard that blew into town from Edmonton to hoist the cup.
(155)

Code:

In terms of public relations teams holding fundraisers for children always go over like gangbusters. Of course helping kids is great in and of itself but you can’t beat that photo op of your star player with some unfortunate kids. With that in mind both the Edmonton Blizzard and Hamilton Steelhawks have teamed up to help raise funds for the children’s hospitals in both cities. Fundraising events will take place in both cities, one before game one and one before game three. In the morning, players from both teams will visit the hometown hospital to give out some SHL merchandise, hangout with and take pictures with the kids. After that a luncheon fundraiser will be held with each team showing off their players’ favorite foods in a sort of bake sale set up. After the luncheon/bake sale there will be a carnival for fans to attend with games and prizes and such.
(153)

Code:

If the coaches of West Kendall are asking me to play out of position then we must be royally screwed in the depth charts. I’m a defense first defenseman so If the coaches were going to ask me to play out of position I’d imagine it would be in a third or fourth line grinder capacity. I’m an elite passer and defender and a fine skater that likes to take the body more often than not which would lend well to being put in a defend and grind kind of role. I don’t have much of a scorer’s so I don’t think they’d ever ask me to step up and take minutes on the first or second line. If they did most likely they would just tell me to stand in front of the net and bang bodies around looking for some trash goals and tips since I’m a pretty big guy.
(152)

Code:

First and foremost the thing that I am looking forward to is spending time with the family. My son is growing like a weed and looks like he could be SHL bound when he is older. I’m looking forward to helping him with his game and just having some good relaxing times on the beach, too. I’ll be looking to head back over to Korea to visit my wife’s family and learn some more recipes for when we have to come back. Unfortunately I won’t have too much time for rest and relaxation. I’ll be back representing Latvia in the IIHF and really want to get back into a medal spot like we did a few seasons ago. More important than that I need to get into serious shape for the upcoming SHL season. We were an inch shy of making the playoffs this year and it tore me up. I’m looking to improve my offensive game as much as I can this off season since I admittedly have a total muffin of a shot. So, the basic plan is to rest and recover for a little bit in the beginning of the off season and then get back into top tier shape.
(203)

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE

All is not well here
If Hamilton wins the cup
Prepare for mad salt

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM sent

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy

Once again I'm choosing to go to Edmonton since last time I had such a great time, only difference this time will be that it's in the middle of winter. I have looked up things to do in Edmonton during the winter and some of the ideas I was given sounds like a great time. There's an event were I can bring my dog and have him pull me around on skis, which is great because my Siberian Husky Aurora doesn't like when I'm gone for too long. I'll be taking place in the Cup festivities, including a new event for winter time, who can shoot the fastest snowball. That's one of my favorite part of these events, even though I don't play on either of the teams the fans love getting to compete and hang out with players from around the league. At night I hope to check out the night life and local bands to see if any of it compares to St. Louis or Boston.

There isn't really a bad charity you can donate to, that being said this season both teams have decided to come together and donate to the victims of the Australian wildfires. With Edmonton centering around the animals and wildlife care and Hamilton centering around the human victims. Both teams worked together very well considering they will be playing each other shortly on the ice, with the combined total of funds raised at $50 million dollars. The people of Canada and the fans of the league truly are compassionate people. What raised the most donations was the talent show between the teams with the conclusion of the event being a dance with Brady McIntyre doing an Irish jig vs Skao Anazibf doing a traditional Russian dance (which is kinda of like a jig). Everyone at the show was thoroughly entertained, but the competition didn't end there as it later in the night became which drink knocks the player out first McIntyre and his Irish whiskey or Anazibf and his Russian vodka.

10. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written)
The SHL is partnering with Doritos and Gatorade to create a unique flavor of chip and beverage for each SHL and SMJHL team. Create a graphic of the chip bag or the Gatorade bottle for any SHL or SMJHL team OR describe the flavor of chip or beverage for any SHL or SMJHL team. Make sure the branding is tight or it has a quirky name to get people to buy it #marketing

Fans of the SHL have you ever wanted to eat and drink the same food the pros eat? While here's your chance, introducing new Doritos flavor Steel Buffalo Wings, and Gatorade Arctic Blizzard. These silver colored Doritos have the tasty flavor of buffalo wings combined with Turmeric and kale to help you work around any potential problem you will face (Warning may contain actually steel, but that just builds up your iron levels and your character). Next is Gatorade Arctic Blizzard, which combines blueberry and pomegranate with fresh snow taken from Edmonton during an actual blizzard (Warning if the liquid is yellow inside the bottle DO NOT DRINK).

You always gotta go with the hot hand and right now that's Kryyst, nobody has been more lights out these playoffs then him and I think that will continue into the Cup Finals. He has been able to take games over and shut teams down just by himself and I think that will be a big advantage for Hamilton.

B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
I say stick with what brought you to the dance and in Edmonton's case that's their strong physical play, get into the heads of the Steelhawk players and get them off their game. But if the Blizzard stick with style the have to tighten up on the penalty kill or they will be asking to get blown out.

C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?

My X-factor is Tony Pepperoni from the Blizzard who not only is one of the best fowards in the league but last time he played in a Cup Finals he dominated. You need someone who has proven on the biggest stage and proved they can get it done, Pepperoni has done it before and I think he will do it again.

D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)

A lot of good names on both teams to choose from but I'm going to go with Tony Pepperoni and the only real reason for that is I love pizza and that's what his name reminds me of. As a matter of fact I'm going to go get me a pepperoni pizza right now.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

You know all of these choices are good ones (minus the cannibalism) and I'm going to go with getting a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles. Some times you just need a hug and what better of a person to get one from then a guy named Teddy Cuddles. Hug on Mr Cuddles, hug on.

Sent

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

The off-season is going to be a great time to relax and get some time with family. That's what the off-season is there for, isn't it? I have had a great season, the best season of my career so I deserve some time off. But I am obviously also a very driven player, so I can't rest on my laurels too much and will have to get back to working out soon enough. I really want to improve further. I have one more season in the juniors league where I am hoping to dominate next year. After that, I am super excited to get ready to be called up to the majors sooner or later, and making my impact there. I think I will enjoy some relaxing time at home as well, playing video games and maybe going for a walk around the city occasionally. Maybe if the weather is nice, I will decide to take a hike one day and just kinda enjoy a lovely forest.

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE

Defender? You want me to play DEFENDER? Wow coach, that seems really strange. I mean, I am really not made to defend anything. Have you seen me play? I am barely even good at being a forward and now you want to play me out of position? What a strange request! I really don't think I would do well in that position. I can barely hit, I can't really steal the puck, I am not good at blocking shots. What am I even good at? I guess I would be a really good passer still and I would be good at shooting the puck from the line, but anything on defense, I am really not sure if I am your guy. I really don't know what the goal is here? I mean I guess I will try my best out there! But when can I go back to playing wing, because god knows I am much better out there like that.

9. Written, 1 TPE
Out on the ice still,
What am I doing again?
Oh right, scoring goals

A. While having the hot hand is important, I will always take the goalie who has done better over a longer period of time. You really want to have the best goalie in there and if he has done it over the regular season, he is the better goalie. So my advantage would go towards Tommy Tuck, who dominated in the regular season.
B. I really think that getting a lot of penalties is a bad idea. You really want to have the advantage on the ice and most teams are in the better spot if they can avoid penalties. So I would definitely back off and try to avoid the penalties even if it means giving up the advantage of having more hits in this series.
E. I think a tug of war with Tig sounds like a fun time. I haven't had a tug of war in a long time. That sounds like it might be fun, to grab the rope and try to be the stronger person. It also kinda feels like something that could be a good work out for a hockey player. You build your strength that way.

PBE PT

That should add up to 16 TPE

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Code:
The teams decided to donate to help with the wildfires in Australia which have killed a ton of animals and threatened many people. They will auction off jerseys, sticks and other merchandise and signed stuff to benefit charity, as well as hold a raffle. Both teams have players attending and giving speeches, so they will come together to benefit a good cause. They are also allowing fans to buy meet and greets and spend a few minutes with their favorite stars. Both teams are also posting about the charity fundraiser on their websites and making press releases about it, and players have been asked to spread the word on social media. Every player on both sides agreed to participate which is a great thing. Many players and coaches are donating out of their own pockets, with some of the bigger names being very generous. They’re trying to raise a few thousand dollars from the fans and also to involve teams that aren’t in the finals, get the whole league involved.
Code:
Coach is asking me to play defense, which I have not ever played before but I feel I could survive at. I have 90 defense and I’m a smart player, so I have a lot of the skill set you need to play that position. I’m also fast on my skates, I have a lot of stamina to play a lot of minutes to make up for the missing guys, and I’m more than willing to sacrifice my body to block shots. My stickhandling is on point so I can poke check and carry the puck out of the zone, I think I’d make a fluid skating puck moving mobile offensive defenseman. I’d be the perfect guy to man the point on the power play and fill some big shoes! My monster slap shot would be past goalies before they can even blink, and of course I can pass and cycle the puck so it’s prime power play defense material.
Code:
My player is planning to train as well as relax, binge some Netflix and play some video games. I think a few hours of training every other day is fine, I’ll hit the weight section of the gym and do cardio to stay in shape. As for relaxing, maybe it’s a good idea to throw a few parties and invite the boys over, sounds fun. Nothing like getting wasted and being stupid to celebrate not having to go to work. Could even bring in a ton of food and hire a DJ, make it a real event. There will be international hockey to play in the offseason so it’s not truly a break from matches, I’ll be trying to get a gold medal. The Wolfpack will probably have a training camp after that that I’ll be required to go to as part of the preseason conditioning regiment so it won’t be that long of a break, got to enjoy it while it all lasts.
Code:
I could see Tony Pepperoni getting a Razov for playoffs MVP with how many goals he is putting up. He is lighting up the scoresheet for Edmonton and has really emerged as one of the top players in the game. If they can just get the cup he’s basically a lock for it, his stats are enough to convince me of that. They could not do it without him. He makes the plays and the big finishes in those crucial moments, and he has been the difference maker in many playoff games. He deserves it in my eyes, few others can even come close to comparing to his talent level.
Code:
10. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written)
The SHL is partnering with Doritos and Gatorade to create a unique flavor of chip and beverage for each SHL and SMJHL team. Create a graphic of the chip bag or the Gatorade bottle for any SHL or SMJHL team OR describe the flavor of chip or beverage for any SHL or SMJHL team. Make sure the branding is tight or it has a quirky name to get people to buy it #marketing
The Wolfpack are making sriracha chips as the team has a great love for spicy food, and what better than to have chips with that kick to it? They go great with hummus, adding spice to whatever your favorite dip might be, and it’s tested positively. They are also rolling out a dragonfruit soda to go with the exotic smoothies trend; if you like those smoothie shops, why not drink it as a carbonated beverage? It’s tropical, refreshing, and sweet, quenching thirst in a dreamy way. The internet seems quite intrigued by the idea, it might not be worthy for Instagram but it could still fit in with recent trends.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 05:07 PM by puolivalmiste.)

In that specific alternative reality playoffs start pretty much like it did in this one as with Buffalo sweeping Tampa Bay and Los Angeles taking win over Winnipeg on close series, but largest change is seen at actions of HO before second round start. As Hamilton is yet to play a single game at playoffs new rule is added that forces every shoot first player to swap one atribute point (not TPE) from scoring to passing every time their team wins. Hamilton still ends up sweeping Buffalo but Edmonton suffers enough because of the change to lose game seven versus Calgary while Rage takes win over Chicago on game seven while Los Angeles sweeps New Orleans.

Next round Hamilton battles Rage all way to game 7 before making their way to Challenge Cup finals while Los Angeles offers Calgary six games, no more, no less, before heading for offseason. So clearly weakened Hamilton and Calgary meet at CC finals which end up being sweep for Hamilton because SimonT wanted to fuck over whole league. GG Simon Hamilton.

Even as Björn is physical player who puts his body on the line every game he is clearly too small and slow to be goalie only way to go is forward and as forward I feel like center would be best position for Björn. His high passing would make him good play maker and defense would allow him to at least be around where he should at right time. He could also lead the team from front his physical game with good pressure and strength on corner fights and stay his ground when parked at front of goal. While he would not be maybe best player to have at face offs you could maybe find a winger line mate to fill that spot or just use his natural talent and aggression for solving these new challenges, bit like this, though it would result in quite many penalties so I would assume he would not let in after any stoppage.

Prepare for most generic answer of all time, Björn will travel back to his home at Finland to prepare for IIHF. That is at least what he tells his Texas management or like depends lots on if you count spending time mostly on drinking and fishing as preparing for international tournament. He will spend at least a week on boat with few friends moving around Parainen and Åland's archipelago fishing for fun and looking for people who could let this local SHL star to use their sauna.

While at Finland he also tries to see most of his favorite bands live as now with SHL money flowing in he does not need to think about cost of going to gigs though he has been lucky with some of his favorite Finnish metal bands touring actively around north america but some with Finnish lyrics are bit harder to import so he needs to get back home for them.

11. Graphic, 3 TPE
With all eyes on the finals for the highest TV numbers of the season, ad agencies like to put their best foot forward and feature SHL stars to advertise their product. Create a still-image advertisement featuring an SHL player advertising a new product. Include a player render, team logo, and a few words or a slogan about the product.

[Image: bench.jpg]

14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S51 season (on or off the ice)
- S51 playoff round-up
- S51 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook
- How to fix SHL!?

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Puolicast CW51

16/16

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Code:
Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Using my tab? Shaking my head my head… Anyway if we are going to be putting things on my tab, I’m going to turn this around and put my tab on my good from @hotdog tab. We would be going to Edmonton; cause let’s be honest neither location is really that great. While in Edmonton I’d be staying at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, which is actually pretty reasonably priced for how nice it is. Then we would wander on down to The Keg Steakhouse and Bar, where we would sit at the finest table and have the finest of foods. Starting with the Baked Garlic Shrimp and Escargot. Oh did I mention I was bringing some of my S47 boys with me so we can feast on hotdogs dime. @dmills3 and @SecondSucks22 need to play nice with @Julio Tokoloshthough.  After that we are all going to get 14 oz Prime Ribs, better put some Lobster Tails and Sauteed Mushrooms on there as well. Thanks hotdog for this lovely dinner, we will make sure to order their most expensive bottle of wine as well!

Code:
Code:

Going into the series IF I am deciding who they are going to donate to I will choose for them to benefit a service dog training facility. This is a great service that provides many dogs to people in need. We need more people to understand the value and rights of service animals. Too many people are out there faking service dogs so they can cheat and do things around the law. This devalues the real service animals out there. A good fundraiser the teams could do together would be a charity auction. They could auction off things that are close to each team. Like Edmonton could auction off a real CowMan art piece and Hamilton could auction off the chance to lower your passing. Normal things like that go a long way. The teams would mesh alright, a lot of them already know each other and this is for charity. So they should be able to get along for that.

Code:
Code:

Tig Murphy. I think he has a legit shot at winning a Stevens at some point. Tig has been getting better and better for the last few seasons and should have a chance at being a finalist this year. I think that if he keeps progressing like he is then he should be a shoo-in eventually for the Stevens. He was one of the top scoring defensive players this season, he has worked on his +/- and shot blocking. If those numbers, go up then I can’t see how he wouldn’t get it. Tig has been working hard and he is only going to be getting better.

Code:
Code:

Can I say Edmonton even though it won’t really matter? I think Tommy Tuck is the better goalie, but unfortunately it won’t matter because Hamilton is going to pepper him like a nice steak. So, let’s say Tommy Tuck wins a game or two, he should be considered the better goalie for sure. Geezus Kryyst is going to have a good final as well though.

I think Edmonton has to stick to the more physical style of play. Hamilton is a good shooting team, so finding any kind of advantage you can be the way to do it. Giving Hamilton a bunch of powerplays, isn’t great but you can’t just sit back on your heels and allow them to take advantage of their own style.

Julio Tokolosh is going to be my X-Factor in this series. Julio is super talented and can play with anyone. I think he is one of the most underrated young players in the league. He has been good at every level, but consistently gets forgotten about. This is going to be his break out finals I think.

Tony Pepperoni is definitely the best name on the two teams. With a name like that how can you not pick him. It sounds so delicious. Honestly, it’s one of the top names in the entire league. My least favorite name would be Teddy Cuddles. No offense to Mr. Cuddles, but it just seems like a weird name. Like do you want to be all cuddly on the ice? Seems like a weak name and just a bit soft.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

A. I would want to see Tony Pepperoni eat pepperoni. This has to be cannibalism, right? I mean to see Tony struggle through eating the pizza while tears are running down his eyes, how would you not want to see that. That would be not miss television, because of course we’d have to live stream it or record it without question.

18. PM Sent

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 11:13 AM by BarnabasCollins.)

Code:

Kata Vilde will be going to Edmonton because well fuck Hamilton. A known foodie, Vilde has decided to go on a gastronomic adventure to Edmonton's finest restaurants. He may get into trouble with management since he came to camp out of shape last season but the quality of the restaurants is too good to pass up. He'll start at Biera, known for combining beer in their dishes and he's looking forward to trying their famous pork shoulder. Next stop is Café Linnea a farm to table place where he's looking forward to trying some of the local delicacies. Next up is Bündok where the beef carpaccio with grilled onions and radishes. Then it will be the Scotch eggs at RGE RD followed by a stop at MEAT where obviously it will be a BBQ feast of epic proportions. Clementine and their mussels then is next to be followed by a stop for some Mexican fare at Rostizado. And last stop will be the Italian food fest at Uccellino. Vilde is sure to rack up a huge tab for SDCore!

Code:

In an alternate reality the SHL playoffs would have no controversy. This is because Hamilton was disqualified for being the unprincipled bastards that they are and the members of the Head office actually grew a set of balls and actually did something about them. The series then all grew very tight. As usual the bitter rivals Calgary and Edmonton went to a 7 game series with Calgary prevailing in triple overtime in game 7. And then the dream matchup for the finals occurred with the Dragons going against the Spectres for the cup. The Spectres feature in management former longtime dragons Joe K and TDZ, competing against friend Steelhead and cookies. This is a matchup these guys have been waiting a long time for, with bragging rights in the Calgary discord being huge at this stage of the game where the smack talk has been flying. In another hard fought series the Dragons somehow prevail as Mike Izzy puts in the winning puck with seconds left in the final game, breaking the hearts of the New Orleans faithful and sending the city of Calgary into another wild celebration with back to back cup wins.

Code:

The Calgary Dragons have an amazing backup goaltender in Aleksi O'Koivu so management faced with the loss of several of the team's tough players have decided Kata Vilde will play the Enforcer role from the forward ranks. This may seem a bit strange but Vilde is no stranger to physicality. He has famously been involved in 2 goalie brawls with former Texas netminder Walter Hobbs. So they know Vilde is a hothead. The question is can he control it? Being the son of professional wrestler Macho Man Savage, Vilde also knows how to play the long game which needs to be done in pro wrestling. You have to bide your time and conserve your energy while physically wearing down your opponent until he makes a mistake and then delivering the knock out blow. Vilde is also a decent skater for a goaltender having a 95 ranking in this attribute. Puck handling will be an issue however as this is Vilde's weakness as a goalie so it will be interesting to see if he actually touches the puck as a forward or is out there to just strictly goon it up.

Code:

Vilde has been looking forward heavily to the offseason. However his plans and those of Calgary management may be at odds. It's well known Vilde came in out of shape last season due to his gastronomic adventures around the globe. Vilde has once again planned a foody tour, this time in Ireland and Scotland where he's looking to discover the burgeoning food scene in those countries. Of course Vilde also has an interest in tradition as well so he's looking forward to sampling the Dublin Coddle, fish and chips, shepard's pie, bacon and cabbage and the wonderful fryups they have for breakfast. Though not really looking forward to trying haggis Vilde has resigned himself to the fact that no trip to Scotland would be complete without trying the national dish. Also he's looking forward to the great spirits found in those countries as well, planning on touring the Guinness and Jameson factories as well as attending a Scotch festival in Glasgow. It remains to be seen what kind of shape Vilde will show up to camp in but he's certainly looking forward to his culinary adventure this offseason.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
HAIKU: https://poets.org/glossary/haiku

Hamilton sucks balls
Even more than Chris McZerhl
The ball man himself

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Sent

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]