Create Account

SHL in a slump?

01-07-2020, 01:26 PMSegi Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:23 PMmxman991 Wrote: I agree with a comment up above, why was this just not nipped in the bud by reverting the move HAM made? Couldn't we have just restored them to their former build, put out a rule preventing these sorts of builds in the future and moved on like nothing happened?

Not really. Because it became apparent that no matter how you restrict builds, there will always be 1 build that's clearly better than others. Those restrictions can help for a couple of seasons, but they can't be a permanent solution.
Perhaps, but if the goal is to drive activity and keeping people interested. Reverting it would have bought time to explore new options and rules to fix it right? Plus it would add more legitimacy to the season.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

01-07-2020, 01:13 PMjRuutu Wrote: I still cant understand why HAM (and other teams/players) were allowed to keep those builds, when you compare the two: 1) let them keep the builds OR 2) put couple updaters to revert their builds back to what they were = the second one feels a lot better?

Sure, some regression players and their builds were reverted, but looking at Hamiltons roster right now it looks pretty bad and everybody is now doing it or going to do it. 20 between SC and PA is not enough.  Weird call to let it happen. More urgency and power to fight against certain words than something that can potentially even destroy the league.

I don’t think many people are doing it though, that’s the thing.

If we check the final rosters from the regular season I think the most any team has with a gap like they have is 3?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

01-07-2020, 10:43 AMgolden_apricot Wrote:
01-07-2020, 10:22 AMdrodger91 Wrote: #MakeSHLGreatAgain

I do get the whole Discord talk, it's just too much to keep track of unless you just stay on it all day, when it was just forums you could get a good recap after work or something like that. I do miss that.

Would be kinda cool to get a daily recap thread going where people talk about both sim results and some random things that came up.

I would love even a weekly news blast on both leagues, keeps the fringe people active in everything. I've always thought to start it, but just dont have the time to keep it up

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

01-07-2020, 01:43 PMdrodger91 Wrote:
01-07-2020, 10:43 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: Would be kinda cool to get a daily recap thread going where people talk about both sim results and some random things that came up.

I would love even a weekly news blast on both leagues, keeps the fringe people active in everything. I've always thought to start it, but just dont have the time to keep it up

Ill look into it and see what people want. I do think this would be cool to have for people that are more busy and want a quick around the league look.

01-07-2020, 01:32 PMKeygan Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:13 PMjRuutu Wrote: I still cant understand why HAM (and other teams/players) were allowed to keep those builds, when you compare the two: 1) let them keep the builds OR 2) put couple updaters to revert their builds back to what they were = the second one feels a lot better?

Sure, some regression players and their builds were reverted, but looking at Hamiltons roster right now it looks pretty bad and everybody is now doing it or going to do it. 20 between SC and PA is not enough.  Weird call to let it happen. More urgency and power to fight against certain words than something that can potentially even destroy the league.

I don’t think many people are doing it though, that’s the thing.

If we check the final rosters from the regular season I think the most any team has with a gap like they have is 3?
Looking at the regular season rosters and I´m not going to look every update thread now, but when you look at every roster there is A LOT of players who look pretty bad when it comes down to PA and SC ratios. 15ish between the two is bad, not Hamilton bad maybe, but pretty bad.

Or at least behind this all I feel the league could have done a better job preventing Hamilton doing it in the first place and setting the tempo right there on what happens and that way prevent rest of the league from doing it later on.

And yes, I´m going to drop my passing with regression this year, lets all enjoy this silly ride. A lot more close to 20 between PA/SC players coming up.

01-07-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:32 PMKeygan Wrote: I don’t think many people are doing it though, that’s the thing.

Looking at the regular season rosters and I´m not going to look every update thread now, but when you look at every roster there is A LOT of players who look pretty bad when it comes down to PA and SC ratios. 15ish between the two is bad, not Hamilton bad maybe, but pretty bad.

Or at least behind this all I feel the league could have done a better job preventing Hamilton doing it in the first place and setting the tempo right there on what happens and that way prevent rest of the league from doing it later on.

And yes, I´m going to drop my passing with regression this year, lets all enjoy this silly ride. A lot more close to 20 between PA/SC players coming up.

Hmm

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

01-07-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:32 PMKeygan Wrote: I don’t think many people are doing it though, that’s the thing.

To be fair, the golden rule with the sim was always roughly 10 points between the passing and scoring no matter what you played, so in case someone is a score first player in middle of bumping the scoring up, it will look bad for them even though they might have not wanted to use the strategy. Imagine a situation where this is reversed and it's passing as the god stat, I have literally over 30 point gap between passing and scoring, I would get falsely flagged for doing something I didn't even intend to.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

01-07-2020, 01:47 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:43 PMdrodger91 Wrote: I would love even a weekly news blast on both leagues, keeps the fringe people active in everything. I've always thought to start it, but just dont have the time to keep it up

Ill look into it and see what people want. I do think this would be cool to have for people that are more busy and want a quick around the league look.

Very much agree with this idea as a whole. Put it up as a new department, or just revise the Historian job to deal with it? An idea that might help is to include links in the post to major events so people can read up more if they want to.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

the fact that i have worked on my player for a year and now hitting my prime I am actively bad because i can't do anything about my 90 pass is fucking stupid,
and i really hate the shl right now. Feels so stupid for being a whore for over a year. get fucked luffy.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 02:41 PM by Wasty.)

01-07-2020, 02:32 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: the fact that i have worked on my player for a year and now hitting my prime I am actively bad because i can't do anything about my 90 pass is fucking stupid,
and i really hate the shl right now. Feels so stupid for being a whore for over a year. get fucked luffy.
Having 90 passing doesn’t hurt your player. Maybe you had a bad season. My player has 97 passing and had 51 points, who lead the league in scoring? oh yeah a pass first player. Having high passing doesn’t kill your player, whoever told you that is a damn liar.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

01-07-2020, 02:32 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: the fact that i have worked on my player for a year and now hitting my prime I am actively bad because i can't do anything about my 90 pass is fucking stupid,
You had a 40 point season? How’s that bad?

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

01-07-2020, 02:38 PMWasty Wrote:
Having 90 passing doesn’t hurt your player. Maybe you had a bad season. My player has 97 passing and had 51 points, who lead the league in scoring? oh yeah a pass first player. Having high passing doesn’t kill your player, whoever told you that is a damn liar.

i've seen all the test sims lol

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

01-07-2020, 02:43 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
01-07-2020, 02:38 PMWasty Wrote: Having 90 passing doesn’t hurt your player. Maybe you had a bad season. My player has 97 passing and had 51 points, who lead the league in scoring? oh yeah a pass first player. Having high passing doesn’t kill your player, whoever told you that is a damn liar.

i've seen all the test sims lol
LOL alright then reject reality good luck with that. Who had the most points this season?

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

01-07-2020, 02:22 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote: Looking at the regular season rosters and I´m not going to look every update thread now, but when you look at every roster there is A LOT of players who look pretty bad when it comes down to PA and SC ratios. 15ish between the two is bad, not Hamilton bad maybe, but pretty bad.

To be fair, the golden rule with the sim was always roughly 10 points between the passing and scoring no matter what you played, so in case someone is a score first player in middle of bumping the scoring up, it will look bad for them even though they might have not wanted to use the strategy. Imagine a situation where this is reversed and it's passing as the god stat, I have literally over 30 point gap between passing and scoring, I would get falsely flagged for doing something I didn't even intend to.
When I created my current player I wanted to be heavy shooting defender, of course has not worked so well, but the main idea was to have a ´large´ difference between PA and SC, so when you look my player you clearly see: oh thats a offensive defender who shoots a lot. (High SC, ´low´ PA)

But unfortunately times have changed, everybody knows what is going on, we all know what the go to build is. Some are luckier than others and are in better position to go towards that build.

The league really needs to put the gloves on and get to work, or should have. I don´t know if there is any easy options and I´m sure people have already talked about different ways to do it or try to do it etc, but tweak the archetypes and look into how much TPE we are able to earn. Do something. Longer we wait - the worse it gets. Hell, I would not say no to putting 90 passing on every single build right from the start/right away if the same scale is used, passing stays at 90. Is it perfect? No, but uneducated guess says that its better than what we have now.

FHM has potential, but I´m sceptical if it truly is better for this league than taking the option of tweaking the archetypes and everything else and staying with Simon T.

People need to stop putting so much damn faith in test sims. Test sims are great until line changes get made, updates get put in and all those test sims are garbage. But go ahead take them as gospel lol