Create Account

Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
No
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Yes
What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
School, League of legends, Rainbow 6, Ketchup, Habs
You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
5 Years
Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
no

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
Falcon yes WBF is hot

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
pkr is a legend around here
Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?
I haven't played in years but probably marth

Share your best joke or meme
youtube search Eric Clapton Joke Anthony Jeselnik

None in the simulation hockey league. Maybe an hour or two's worth of time with Eastside Hockey Manager

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
At minimum a few hours while i'm at work. Usually have some free time to discord and check the forums.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
I spend a good amount of time at work, and working out after. Have a 15 month old son at home who is being raised as a ranger fan. Got to cheer with him for a few goals last night before sending him off to bed.
I like to read, finishing up some starwars books before moving onto the Witcher series. The show and game is pushing me towards the books now.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Really depends on how long it takes for me to make an impact. Not worth moving up in the league if I can't make an impact on the team. Will see how Zoltan progresses in the SMJHL. 

Rangerjase#8082

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
Looking for a group of guys that i can gel with. Looking for that more than the team that just won the cup. Need a good group of guys to be a contender!

I'm a great pick and will give it my all every game.

Toon Link!!

TFW you have a wide open net
https://bit.ly/36VlHIK

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

None

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Not sure, but I'll put in a good effort

Coding, applying to jobs (at least for now); love FIFA, Football Manager, Madden, the Witcher; not really a big chip guy, SJ Sharks fan here!

However long I feel I need to be. May be 1 season, may be 5, I haven't really made a decision yet.

Yup! (NightRobin#1018)

Looking for a fun close-knit group to just hang with

Not really. Just take your chance on me! I want to have fun and also make other people's experiences just as fun

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Lucario

Whatever Shark. https://imgur.com/gallery/Li9jF

[Image: EXyOBWw.png]

I've been in a GM only league for around 4 months now.
Around an hour a day but could change if I have 2+ test in one week.
School, Rocket League/TFT, Youtube/Anime, Red Wings  :( 
Probably 2 seasons, 1 would be preferred but I do want to win a championship so if we don't win my first year then I'd probably like to return.
Yes, yÉÉt#7304
I'd love to a Falcon not only is it a badass animal but it's my home town. I am looking for a locker room full of people that want to win and care but also are cool and fun people that you can talk to you.
I'm chill person who wants to have fun but also win.
Mario Kart is better but Duck Hunt

Are you having any bruh moments?

*insert the image of  Joker scene with the therapist*

All I have are bruh moments

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

I'm currently in NSFL and went 4th overall in the junior draft there.

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

Not a lot since at the end of the day NSFL is my main league, but I can be active in the clubhouse and put 2-3 hours into SHL I guess

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

I play a lot of games, I've been playing a lot of NHL 20, Halo, Rocket League lately. BBQ/Sweet Chili Heat all the way. Washington Capitals, Backstrom is bae.

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but
you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or
you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to
the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the
J? [/b]

Depends on how much I like it there, but realistically 3/4

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

Yes

[b]If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a
preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking
for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in
being a Falcon?[/b]

Activity, to have fun with teammates (Playing games and whatnot)

I was in a small time NBA sim league as the GM of the Detroit Pistons. I have a general idea of how everything will go on.

10-12 hours depending on the week

My favorite game is either NHL 20 or GTA V. My favorite chips are Ruffles. My favorite NHL team is the Dallas Stars.

I expect 3-4 years in the juniors. I don't want to make the leap too early and be considered one of the worst players in the league. The more time in the Juniors, the more I can improve.

I do. Big Bob#5888

I'm new. if I had to say what I was looking for in a locker room, it would be a group of people who are able to help newcomers along with becoming friends. A friendly locker room wins championships.

Miro Slapskinnenen can help your team in so many ways. Miro will become the most loved player in Falcons History.

Luigi

Do you know what an enforcer does on a hockey team?

Just Checking

[Image: Bobbybye88.gif]

I do not! I've played hundreds of hours of Be a Pro in NHL 14, but that's about it.

Tons of time right now, as work is slow and I work from home. As work picks up I would expect to be closer to 5 hours a week.

I'm a video editor, so on a daily basis I'm at home editing or talking with clients. Sometimes I'm out on a shoot. I'm primarily a Leafs fan, but try to watch a bunch of games if I have the time!

I think juniors will be fun! I'm a pretty leisurely person so I could see myself spending the full 5. Maybe 3 at the lowest?

I do and I am!

I think I'm a pretty relaxed person, and I like to talk about / think about hockey. I don't want to feel overly stressed about anything. If everyone's having fun then I'm happy!

I want to be a Zach Hyman type, first on the forecheck, grit-grinder!

I don't play Smash Bros enough but when I do I like King K Rool.

[Image: i2v0ewtw9td31.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s...1f76a29268]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=668e1b34&is=668cc9b4&hm=9f...0c8f0c8fb&]

Nope. This is my first experience with a sim league

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Probably around 20 hours a week

I am a student. I enjoy Chel and RDR2. Bettermade chips are the best and I like the Detroit Red Wings.

I think I will spend as long as I need in the juniors to develop my player

I do not currently, but I am open to using it.

I'm looking for a good group of guys who have fun together and discuss the game.

Not really. I'm looking forward to it.

Something lame like Mario or someone with a sword

The current Detroit Red Wings roster

Yes, I am in NSFL at the moment and went #4 overall in their minor league draft

2-3 hours probably, depends on how much I like it.

I play Madden/NHL on PS4 and a bunch of games on PC (Mostly depends on friends)

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but
J?

3/4, I'm not super picky, it depends on fit and how much I like the clubhouse/locker room

I do, Jeffrey#2575 is my discord name

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a
being a Falcon?

Fun place where I can meet cool people and play new games.

Nothing, really. NSFL will probably be my main league sadly.

Roy.

My life. Tongue

I do not have any experience, however I am willing to learn.

I'm definitely planning on at least ten hours per week, most likely more though.

I spend a fair bit of time playing League of Legends, NHL 20, NBA/Madden.
My favorite team is the Bruins.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but
J?

I'm planning on taking my time in the Junior's just to try the hang of things on here. I definitely don't plan on rushing, I want to make sure my player is well developed before making the leap.
I'd say at least 2-3 seasons, perhaps even 4.

I'm incredibly active on Discord, I always have it opened up on a monitor. 

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a
being a Falcon?

I'm mostly hoping for a group of people that I can learn from to help improve my own player, as well as a friendly organization of people to chat with.

Nothing on importance, mostly just looking forward to the experience and the learning process of the league.

The Maple Leafs in Game 7's.

None at all!

Hard to say, I have a pretty inconsistent work schedule at the moment

Currently trying to gain weight so my entire day revolves around eating, working, working out, going to class, and watching Blues hockey
I'm pretty new around here so its hard for me to say.  I think it will be pretty dependent on my career numbers.  

I do use discord, St_Lunatic #0735

haha just want to be in a locker room with other players who are competitive yet chill enough to know that there is more to it than winning

Not really

64- Ness
Melee- Falcon/ Ness
Ultimate- Ness/ Falcon/ Ganondorf

Oh God, I don't know man.  

A guy walks into a bar and sits down.  He notices that there is a ten inch tall pianist at the end of the bar, playing a piano that is to his scale.  Astonished, the man asks the bartender about the 10 inch tall pianist, and the bartender whispers back that there is a genie in the bathroom room.  The man cannot believe this so he checks it out for himself, and sure enough he finds a genie in the bar bathroom.  He approaches the genie and the genie says "you have one final wish before I am free from this hellish stall".  The man ponders for a moment and says confidently "I wish for a millions bucks!" in hopes of getting rich.  The genie snaps his fingers and says "it is done, go back into the bar and collect your million bucks.".  
The man leaves the bathroom only to find the inside of the bar littered with one million ducks.  Confused, the man tells the bartender "I don't get it, I asked for a million bucks!".  The bartender responds "Yeah I think that genie was half deaf, you really didn't think I asked for a ten inch long pianist did you?

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Nope!
It'll really depend on how much work I have, but I've had this pulled up on my third monitor everyday since I've signed up
While it's cold and crappy out, sitting inside watching TV (rewatching Cheers and The Good Place), St. Louis Blues
I have no idea, I'll probably decide after I see how the first season goes
Yes I do, jobin#7448
Just a good group of people open to helping a rookie out
Nope
Roy

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Nope, first time.

An hour a day? 6-8 hours a week.

Work at a brewery. Food science major, also a homebrewer. Plain chips, Lays Wavy. Carolina Hurricanes fan from the early days. 

2-3 seasons sounds about right. Get my feet under me, figure stuff out. I'm not gonna stress about getting as much money or TPE as I can, just slowly chip away at it.

Just joined the rookie group and the SHL channel. EricNCSU#4481

I don't know what to expect about anything. Fun, encouraging, not a lot of shit-talk I reckon.

Eat, sleep and breath hockey. 

I'm sorry, a whozawhat now?

"To make a long story short..." "TOO LATE!"
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 08:04 PM by mastersheep.)

Yes, I was a general manager in multiple leagues. I started with the Drunks with Sticks Hockey League (DWSHL) in 2004 or thereabouts.

Probably up to 10 hours depending on my schedule.

Working a regular job. Favorite games: Old School Runescape, Crusader Kings 2, NHL 2004. Favorite chips: Original Sun Chips are pretty bomb. Favorite team is the Washington Capitals.

Well I'm brand new so I haven't really thought that far yet. I think I would be somewhere in the middle and stay for 3, but I think I could get enough TPE and get in with 2 seasons.

I use it daily. My ID is MasterSh33p#1111.

I am brand new and very much exploring. Not too interested in drama, so that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

I think my activity level will be plenty high and would help this team.

Wario

The firing of Gerard Gallant

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

A few SHL players

A few hours a week, depending on the week

Working. Don't really play video games anymore. Doritos I guess. Calgary Flames.

I'm willing to play as long as I feel I need to. I doubt it will be 5 seasons so I guess 2-4 depending on the team's trajectory.

No. Possibly.

I'm not really picky about juniors, as long as the GM is able to build a good team.

No but you can PM me if you want anymore information

Haven't played that game in years so it would be hard to say

Don't really have one