Create Account

SMJHL S52 PT 3 - Perfect Player

Hands: Flash Gordon
Flash! Ahhhhhhh! Savior of the Scarecrows! Flash Gordon has shown to be one of the the juniors elite playmakers so far this season racking up the most assists in the league. Doing so with only 60 passing is pretty impressive, but the 80 puck handling shows that Flash has some of the silkiest hands in the league.

Heart: Ulrik Bergstrom
Ulrik Bergstrom is one of the J's best defenseman, but is also one of the best people in the league as well. Ulrik is an awesome guy and a great teammate based on everything I know about him, and any team would be lucky to have a guy like him in their locker room.

Shot: Indigo Trevino
Trevino is currently leading the league in goals with 22, and is top ten in shots on goal with 127 shots. Indigo's 80 scoring surely has a lot to do with it and will probably end the season right near the top of the goal scoring charts.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Claiming NSFL affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 12:05 PM by Mediocre_Fred.)

To start off with, I'm going to take the endurance of Flash Gordon. First of all, the guy haws a cool name and he was my favorite quarterback for the Jets by far. Second, he averages about 23 minutes per game. That is insane.

Second part of my franken-player is the hands. Again, I want the hands of Flash Gordon. Have you seen those things? They are practically in perfect shape. The hands of Flash Gordon also lead the league in assists, which is made more awesome by the fact that he is a defenseman. But hands are important for more than just offense. Having great hand eye coordination is great for defense because you can great poke checks and interceptions that those who are more clumsy could not.

The final thing I want is the heart of Edward Williams. I mean, who doesn't want to win that guys heart? He's so kind and gentle and handsome... ahem ... I mean he's a great guy to have on the team, always bringing up everyone's spirits and boosting morale. You know what else he's got? Luck, apparently. Even though he and I have similar builds, Simon really seems to like him. He is wayyy outperforming what he ought to and it is awesome. Go Ed!

Anyway, that's what I've made. Flashward Gordilliams: Hockey Player Extraordinaire.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Shot: Indigo Trevino (Halifax)

Trevino is leading the SMJHL in goals after 39 games with 22 tallies, and is eighth in shooting percentage at 16.79%. With 131 shots, he takes a lot of chances, but he makes them count.

Hands: Flash Gordon (St. Louis)

Gordon is a special player, leading the SMJHL in assists with 34 despite only having 60 passing. The smooth-skating Scarecrows blueliner has 80 skating and 80 puckhandling, giving him the ability to find the open man regularly.

Grit: William Hartmann (Vancouver)

Despite being a rookie, Hartmann has not shied away from contact this season. The Whalers left-winger has 125 hits in 39 games, good for second in the league. What's more, with 76 skating, he can reliably get into position to make physical plays to fire up his team and get the puck back when he doesn't have it, and with only 43 penalty minutes, he does it cleanly.

Heart: Jimmy Wagner (Carolina)

Wagner has become an immediate favourite in Carolina with fans and teammates alike for his ability to fire up the team at any time. The rookie has come along at a decent pace with 6 goals and 13 points in 39 games, but with 99 shot attempts and only 4 penalty minutes, he's an offensive weapon that's willing to take a lot of chances to get goals.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The ultimate player build:

Hands: I would love to have the hands of Kaarlo Kekkonen.  In 39 games he’s got 21 goals and 28 assists for a total of 49 points.  He has displayed incredible talent and ability to connect with teammates across the ice through smooth crisp passing.  His ability to dangle through defensemen with the puck is a highlight of his play.  His silky smooth hands have helped his team and his line mates tremendously thus far in the season and he is showing no signs of slowing down. 

Grit:  For grit you have to love the hitting ability of Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette.  In just 39 games he has collected 149 hits, averaging almost 4 hits a game.  He leads the league in hits by a whopping 24, and is 48 hits above the player with the third most in the season. 

Endurance: Grit and Hands are no good if you don’t have the endurance to use them in the late minutes of the game.  Luciano Vessot has averaged almost 24 minutes a game so far this season, leading the league in total minutes played.

With the addition of these three skills to my current player, he would be a powerhouse defensemen and borderline unstoppable in the league.  Unfortunately hard work and training is the only way to obtain these skills, so let the drills start.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

NSFL PT

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter

I think the perfect player in the SMJHL would be one that could absolutely do it all for the Kelowna Knights Knights. First, he would have to have the endurance and skill of defenseman Luciano Vessot, who has played 997 minutes in 42 games, good for second in the league as well as 9 powerplay goals which is first in the league. Not only that, but he has been a terrific shot blocker this season stopping 56 shots with his body. Next, he would have to be an elite sniper and there is no better in the league this year than Nicklaus Engel. Engel has scored 9 goals on 43 shots this season, which is the highest shooting percentage in the entire league at 20.93%. Lastly, I would have to pick the heart of the team with Luca Del Vecchio. Second in GAA and fourth in save percentage, this goalie has been the brick wall for the Knights this season and has bailed the team out of many jams. What player could be more perfect than the most durable sniper who has a heart of gold and is willing to sacrifice so much for his team?

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Shot: We're going to start with shot because everybody likes a good goal scorer, and this league has plenty but right now Indigo Trevino is standing out so he would be my pick. He takes a lot of shots, but his volume shooting pays off as he leads the league in goals. Say what you want about his accuracy, but the dude creates opportunities to get the puck to the net and is rewarded for it.

Hands: Can't have someone who can create their own scoring chances without a great pair of hands. I'm going to pick Cal Labovitch for this one, as he delivers killer sauce to his teammates on the reg and can handle a puck with the best of them.

Grit: I'm going with Sven Yxskaft, partly because his grit/60 is off the charts and he is an expert at blocking shots for his team, but also because why wouldn't you pick a guy with "yxsk" as the first four letters of his name? Do the right thing. Vote Yxsk.

[Image: FWWm8En.jpg]
Hiroshi Ohira - S53 RW #36 Manhattan Rage/Colorado Raptors

It’s pretty simple to get the greatest goaltender for the SMJHL. It’s my partner, Mike Hroch. So to create him, I would simply do the following –
Hands – Mike Hroch. Mike Hroch is the best representation of Mike Hroch’s hands, because he is Mike Hroch. His hands are like lightning, snapping towards where the puck will be before it arrives there, easily sealing off the net.

Grit – Mike Hroch. The way Mike polices his own crease drastically reduces the workload on his defensemen, assuring them that he can take care of his own crease. It allows them to be more creative and free offensively, and results in more pucks in the net on the other end. Have you ever seen his punch with a blocker! Oh boy!

Endurance – Mike Hroch. I’ve heard from his girlfriend that he is an absolute workhorse in the sack and I could only hope to one day emulate the stamina that he boasts. An absolute stud, a thoroughbred stallion.

@Jabs

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

PBE CW

[Image: woelkers.gif]

PBE

Decided to go all Kelowna Knights because all the other teams are terrible at hockey and should be removed from the SMJHL.

Hands: Danilla Zhernov. With 32 assists in 42 games Danilla makes goal scoring easy for his linemates. Incredible puckhandling combined with laser passes.

Heart: Ethan Duncan. Despite being a rookie, he's a very involved part of the team and is a 4th line leader.

Grit: Noah Nystrom. He's a pure defensive monster. Able to play 20 plus minutes and dish out massive hits at any point in the game.

Shot: Gotta go with the slick mitts of Gylfi Eriksson. 17 goals and 40 points in 42 games is a great pace, and he's only starting to heat up.

Endurance: The man with the most minutes played on the Knights is Luciano Vessot. First line defender averaging almost 23 minutes a game. His endurance is complimented by a very high shooting percentage, which is great for those comeback victories.

I shall name this monster Chance (after another famous Knight)!

Hand Speed - Elizabeth Doyle: It's no secret that having fast hands makes for a great goalie and Elizabeth has some of the fastest hands in the league. Her hand speed I a huge reason that she's topping the SMJHL in wins with 20 on 33 games played.

Rebound Control - White Goodman: It only makes sense that you're not going to give many second and third chances if the other team is struggling to find any rebounds you're giving up. After watching White and seeing the few rebounds he gives up go right to the corners, it's clear he's got the skills to shutdown anyone crashing his net.

Reaction Time - Luca Del Vecchio: Luca's reaction time is so quick, he's answering an interviewer's question before they have a chance to ask it. I can only assume it's playing a big part in keeping his GAA so low. Easily a level of skill I aspire to have.

Shooting - Teddy Williams: Teddy has some silky hands potting every 1 in 5 shots he takes. I'm sure my teammate can teach me a thing or two about hitting the back of the net and scoring the first goalie goal in SMJHL history.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Playing with Anaheim, it is unbelievable how talented the core of Anaheim is and I will be frankensteining who I want to become off of parts from my teammates that I am totally not going to watching from outside their window as they sleep to absorb their powers. Don’t be alarmed at my tools in my hockey bag.

Hands: Hands down has to be our top two scorers Kevin Robinson and Ivan Maximus. The hands to bulge the net and the sweet saucers I see day in and day out. I’ll take Kevin’s left hand and Ivan’s right hand. Please return my bone saw.

Heart/Grit: Definitely I’d take the heart of Alex Petrenko. He stands in the way of all the dangerous shots and shows that he will do whatever it takes for the team. I will likely need a chest spreader to retrieve the massive heart.  Like a giraffe’s.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 10:16 PM by Insayne.)

Creating the perfect player is tough. We've seen throughout the years of the SMJHL/SHL that perfection really is rare. But, I will attempt to give it a shot here and see what kind of player we come up with.

Hands: For me, my perfect player would have the hands of Cal Labovitch (DET). The dude is an absolute freaking monster when it comes to saucing the puck around the ice to his teammates. He has 83 passing and 75 puckhandling, which are elite level stats for the SMJHL. This has translated to a whopping 28 assists this year which is good for top 10 in the league as far as forwards are concerned.

Shot: The next piece I would take from a current player and "bake" it into my perfect player would be the shooting ability of Indigo Trevino (HFX). The guy is leading the league in goals with 23, has a crazy shooting percentage at 16.20% which is good for 7th in the league, but he also gets a lot of shots to the net so he's both a volume guy AND a quality guy. He has the 9th most shots this year with 142.

Endurance: This is an easy one. Flash Gordon (STL) plays the most minutes (1050 as of this post) and still puts up crazy numbers. With 74 endurance, he's just skating allll over the ice and making the oppositions life difficult. When the other team needs to change, he doesn't because he still has plenty left in the tank.

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]