Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons.

I agree because with so many players having great seasons, many are deserving of MVP this season. Of course I would love to believe that a somewhat unknown player like Steven Moyer would be the odds on favorite.  Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 12:18 PM by Zoone16.)

The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

AGAINST. The top 7 teams in the SMJHL were all within 4 points of one another at the end of the regular season. The Kraken was already faltering and limped to a tie-breaker for 1st in the J. They are not entering the playoffs hot and will pay the price of their lack of depth in a 7-game series. It's anyone's game.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

Of course I believe Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR award. He's quite the dar-dar, so it is very fitting. Plus, he has "two" in his name.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

Against. They no longer have that dumbass Strat and Simon will be mad at them for not another Strat and so they will be upset by another team like the rage and they will get what they deserve and that is no championship.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

Well, as we all know, the coin predicted Toronto to not only defeat Buffalo in the wild card round, but to sweep them! And not only that, the coin also said that they would make it all the way to the ECF before falling to the eventual champions in the Manhattan Rage.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-20-2020, 10:10 PMJenny Wrote: I am FOR Peter Larson taking home the McBride on account of how I think he's really good and just generally deserves good things. trophies are good, ergo,

I am also for Peter Larson taking home the McBride on account of Jenny thinking that I deserve it.

But also I would also award it to me cause my save % was super good and five shutouts... And also cause I am on the awards committee...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

02-21-2020, 11:51 AMJulio Tokolosh Wrote:
Code:
For: As someone who has lost to Hamilton in the finals last season, as someone who is a pass-first player, and as an advocate for "fair play" it pains me to see Hamilton succeeding again. even worse, they are doing it legitimately, so people cant even cry foul. Hamilton beats Edmonton in 5, 2 years in a row.

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round
For: Come with me, baby girl, on a magic Harry Carpet ride - Steppenwolf. As a Raptor alumni, i know to look for the meme team potential, and nothing says meme team like ruining a tanking season by making the playoffs, sans mikhail lokitonov.

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN
Against: Tony Pepperoni's 200 hits, hard penalty kill minutes, and offensive production make him a much stronger candidate than CC2. Last season's award was just an experiment to see if that would change the copy/paste results.

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)
For: i kind of thought it was already. goal differential gives a better metric of a team's ability. slightly unrelated, but i proposed to my friends a few years ago that we start a fantasy league that only measures empty net goals, fights won, and penalty minutes. like an elaborate bangers league without the hits. i like the idea of switching different standards around and seeing how the new seeding would work out.

Code:
This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons
For: They have a tricky path through an angry and ornery New Orleans, but they have the depth scoring and general defense and goalie pairing to get them back to the cup.

Code:
With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history
For: Nice. The Edmonton Blizzard had an active watch of Jon Forty-One's hit count, as he was aiming for exactly 69. unfortunately he overshot his target and ended up in the low 70's. J41 gives the nicest trophy award to San Fran.

Code:
Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

Code:
Against: Trella and company will get it done and get all the way to finals, but this time will lose to the Colorado Raptors. The Raptors are the hot team right now, with the hottest goalie and the drunkest bird leading them.

Code:
Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

You forgot to answer the important one...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Quote:Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

Kekkonen led the league in goals, points, shots and points per 20 minutes so he should win the MVP fairly easily, especially if you consider that he played with a 240 tpe build for 10-15 games

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Quote:Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

Absolutely no reason why Larson won't win the GotY award this season. He dominated the Save % mark and was top three in GAA, not to mention the boy has 5 impressive shutouts in 43 starts. Seems a hand down no brainer this amazing guy gets the award!

Against: Too many things have to go their way for this to happen. Even if it's relatively likely compared to some of their peers, I wouldn't be betting on them to take down some of the potential Western competition in the finals.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)
For - A win is a win. You're awarded just as many points if you win in regulation as you do in OT. If we wanted to create significance between the two we should give the winner 3 points if they win in regulation and 2 in overtime. The other point would go to the loser in overtime.

Code:
For - As a member of the awards committee I can see several players worthy of a nomination, especially given the low point totals across the entire league, a goalie could slide in to the discussion as well.

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons
For - oh fuck ya bahd, Edmonton is the most clutch.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I am For
Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

Why:
Tops the league in shutouts, SV%, and has a pretty low goals against. Went on a rampage this season and brought his team out of the 50% rut they were having and helped power them to the top of their division. Looking forward to a well rested Larson to power his team to a cup win this year!

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Against, I have total confidence in Buffalo management to put a stop to Toronto's black magic. Tomen is a reputed mage hunter and will shot them down with a dispel magic. If we see that they are casting again, we will try to do a counterspell instead as a reaction.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Code:

Against! First of all let us try to figure out what you mean with "former glory". It is a bit confusing to me because 1, the Carolina Kraken was not a thing until just two-three seasons ago. 2, I'm guessing you are thinking about the cups that the team won while stationed in Montreal. I'm not gonna scoff about their 7 cup wins. Good on them, etc. But let us see what other numbers we can find.
Did not even qualify for playoffs: 2 seasons
Lost in the first round: 17 seasons

Not that impressive anymore when you see that for almost half of the team's lifetime they did not even make it past the first round. And this is in a league where, throughout almost its entire existence, every team is allowed into the playoffs.

Do not let their regular season stats trick you. They usually do very well during it, but as soon as the playoffs arrive, so does the choke. Case in point: Last season Carolina finished first in the regular season standings and had to come up against the last place team, the Vancouver Whalers, after Carolina had their bye week. And guess what happened... They lost. Just could not keep the play up. So, no way they take home the cup this season. Or next for that matter.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Code:

FOR! Namely because I have zero idea who is in the running for the MVP race given the fact I'm on the site less than Trump is in the Whiter House. It has to be a wide open race if I can't name a single person who is 100% in consideration right?

Not even going to get into the fact I had no idea what happened during the last 5 seasons as well

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite