Create Account

New Orleans Specters Punishment

05-01-2020, 03:29 PM.bojo Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:28 PMLeppish Wrote: Happy friday everyone!

Your avatar is beautiful

Not as beautiful as the artist who made it.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

05-01-2020, 03:26 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:13 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: The incompetence angle looks bad for them already but you could take this even further if you assume it was deliberate, and it's not that far-fetched of an interpretation. Do you really expect people to believe that you spent hours upon hours test-simming but didn't have the five seconds to look at the rules. Especially since the Lines-portion of the rules isn't a convoluted set of paragraphs like this post, it's literally two sentences. The very first of them is the exact rule you went on to break. I mean, you weren't just looking for a good ingame strategy that worked, you were deliberately looking for an exploit - keeping certain positions on your lines empty so that the game would auto-fill them a certain way is not a real hockey strategy, it's trying to manipulate an engine that has faults just like any other one. The very least you need to do when trying to exploit an engine this way is to keep an eye on the rules and make sure that you are at least technically not breaking any of them. You didn't even manage to do that. This should be punished way harsher no matter if we assume incompetence or malice.

We weren't looking for an exploit, in fact I was trying to put bonk on the third line but we physically couldn't do that in the game, so putting zadina on the fourth would sometimes get bonk on the third which worked for me
You weren’t looking for an exploit you just physically couldn’t do what you wanted to do so you sought an exploit to achieve your goal.

Thank you Slash very cool

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-01-2020, 03:47 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:26 PMSlashACM Wrote: We weren't looking for an exploit, in fact I was trying to put bonk on the third line but we physically couldn't do that in the game, so putting zadina on the fourth would sometimes get bonk on the third which worked for me
You weren’t looking for an exploit you just physically couldn’t do what you wanted to do so you sought an exploit to achieve your goal.

Issa mechanic dawg

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-01-2020, 03:48 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:47 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: You weren’t looking for an exploit you just physically couldn’t do what you wanted to do so you sought an exploit to achieve your goal.

Issa mechanic dawg
That breaks the rules...

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

05-01-2020, 03:48 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:47 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: You weren’t looking for an exploit you just physically couldn’t do what you wanted to do so you sought an exploit to achieve your goal.

Issa mechanic dawg
How dense are you dawg

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-01-2020, 03:26 PMSlashACM Wrote: We weren't looking for an exploit, in fact I was trying to put bonk on the third line but we physically couldn't do that in the game, so putting zadina on the fourth would sometimes get bonk on the third which worked for me

[Image: avatar_3148.jpg?dateline=1562169525]

[Image: 3.png]

05-01-2020, 03:51 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:48 PMSlashACM Wrote: Issa mechanic dawg
That breaks the rules...

Sths rules

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

05-01-2020, 03:53 PMJSS Wrote:

[Image: avatar_3148.jpg?dateline=1562169525]

Ooh dats sexy

05-01-2020, 03:53 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:51 PM39alaska39 Wrote: That breaks the rules...

Sths rules
Sorry, I must have missed where the rulebook said “These rules only apply to STHS”

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Yeahthat

05-01-2020, 03:26 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-01-2020, 03:13 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: The incompetence angle looks bad for them already but you could take this even further if you assume it was deliberate, and it's not that far-fetched of an interpretation. Do you really expect people to believe that you spent hours upon hours test-simming but didn't have the five seconds to look at the rules. Especially since the Lines-portion of the rules isn't a convoluted set of paragraphs like this post, it's literally two sentences. The very first of them is the exact rule you went on to break. I mean, you weren't just looking for a good ingame strategy that worked, you were deliberately looking for an exploit - keeping certain positions on your lines empty so that the game would auto-fill them a certain way is not a real hockey strategy, it's trying to manipulate an engine that has faults just like any other one. The very least you need to do when trying to exploit an engine this way is to keep an eye on the rules and make sure that you are at least technically not breaking any of them. You didn't even manage to do that. This should be punished way harsher no matter if we assume incompetence or malice.

We weren't looking for an exploit, in fact I was trying to put bonk on the third line but we physically couldn't do that in the game, so putting zadina on the fourth would sometimes get bonk on the third which worked for me

"We weren't looking for an exploit, just a way around the rule that we swear we didn't know about"

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

baba booey

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

05-01-2020, 05:47 PMImShiny Wrote: baba booey

honestly, this has changed my perspective on this whole ordeal

[Image: 699509498938654722.png?v=1]

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

05-01-2020, 06:51 PMFrostbite Wrote: [Image: 699509498938654722.png?v=1]