Create Account

S54 Interested Prospect Thread

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
Nope, only played "be a GM" hockey sims.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Close-knit locker room

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)
Datsyuk, Barkov

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
I don't have an opinion yet as I'm new, but I'm in no hurry.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?
Haven't got into that yet, but I like playing around with Photoshop, so definitely maybe something.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?
As a new player, probably a load of questions at first. But also, maybe some jokes.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!
[Image: ENNy_hUUcAAMSZ9?format=jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Well, watching hockey and playing sim games (also other than hockey) takes a lot of my free time. I take walks with my dog and listen to podcasts. And guess I can also call myself a recreational floorball player.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? 
I'm interested in playing for whatever team wants me. I don't have any knowledge of the teams, so every team is as much of a mystery for me. 

10. Anything else you would like us to know?
Not really. I'm reachable on Discord if you need to know anything. sulovilen#1223

[Image: sulov.gif]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
Yes! Ive been in the NSFL for a pretty good time and also PBE(baseball)
2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Close Knit LR. I want to build friendships with teammates and just have fun. A championship is the least of my worrys.
A full on shooter. Im looking ti always get the ball in the net and only pass when i need to.
4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
2-4 seasons.
Media will be my main focus since im really good at it.
A fun and exciting person would enter the locker room! I love to meet new people and have a good time with them.
Lol sorry im not huge on hockey.
8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Football. Gaming. Pretty much it lol.
100%! Im intrested in all teams since im pretty new to the server.

My TPE doesnt say much but my activity does! If your looking for a locker room guy im that guy!

I was in the VHL for awhile and a bit of time in the SBA. I enjoyed my time there and hope to recreate a lot of success here!

Definitely a close-knit locker room. But let's be real. Everyone likes winning,

Defensively responsible playmaking center. 

I will go wherever I am needed. Up if my SHL team needs me or down if my SMJHL team needs me. I am like water. 

A good amount. But I will certainly focus on graphics more than media methinks.

A good attitude. Puns. Memes. Kind of everything you need!

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/photos...76/cut.jpg

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).\

Gaming, Drawing, Painting, Tabletop RPG DMing

I am interested in playing with everyone!

Not particularly!

I was shortly in few other sim leagues but I love SHL.

Why not both?

Patrick Kane

I think 3 season but it depends on my SHL team.

I will do some graphics when I will be starting to run out of money.

More activity.

[Image: cut.jpg]

I follow tennis a lot. I play NBA 2k17 on Xbox.

It would be amazing to return there.

My first player Justs Sirmais was Kelowna Knights MVP in Season 30 so I would like to return here.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
nope
championships
I'm a pretty recent hockey fan so I couldn't really name a player, just a physical, hardworking defenseman
2-3 seasons
I am terrible with anything graphics related so probably not much
Not much, but my mom can bring orange slices
this one for sure
Music, and drums
I'm interested in any team that will draft me

[Image: HarryWalkerSig.png]

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

My Sim league experience started back in 2013 I think.

LSHL (It was Latvian Simulated Hockey League, run by one and only SHL legend Lauris Prikulis... at start.) I joined there as S1 FA for Rīgas Treiciens (Riga Impact). I believe S2 or S3 I got co-GM spot and then in S6 I signed as my beloved teams GM. In S11 I resigned and turned inactive with several other Rīgas Trieciens members. It was rebel move because of several inappropriate actions of leagues administration and most influenced members. It was september/october of 2015 when we all drunk at Riga bar Aussie Pub and with our laptops on we said all what we think about it!

Later I joined SFS (Simulated Football (most of You refer it as soccer) Superleague). It was less effort league and I even got GM spot for Riga Wolves. Funny but without any knowledge of football I managed to win cup in first season. It was closed too soon in my opinion. It had huge perspective.

LSBL (Latvian Simulated Basketball League) made fast, dead fast. League survived 1-2 seasons.

SHL - actually my favourite one. I got asked by Vilmenietis to join here. Loved being here. Loved Impact. Loved Dragons. Loved doing crazy posts, media, graphs and PTs here. I even was Dragons captain in mid S20's. Never did any job and I'll probably won't do. I like to be just a player and part of team. In 2016 I turned inactive because of studies in faculty of chemistry.

VHL - I had player there. His name was Alistar Graves. He played for .... I can't remember.

I also participated dynasty sim leagues as GM. Loved that too, had an nose to get best out of roster but never spend so much time as in SHL or LSHL.

In Rīgas Trieciens we had saying "personality>player". That means we wanted active, cool, fun players more than PT mad dogs with shit personality(that doesn't mean every PT mad dog has shit personality; that's just idea of what I think).

It's tough to lose in sim but it is meaningless if You have great teammates around You!

It depends on coach needs. In SHL usually it was easy to improve certain attributes really quick to adjust need type/role of game. Personaly I'd like to have really offensive minded goalscoring rushing defenceman with several important two way skills. If couch need I can focus on defensive attributes to be more two way.

NHL comparision - somekind mix of Ryan Ellis, Alex Pietrangelo (used his size and weight) and Jacob Trouba.

I'm fan of Pietrangelo but recently I started NHL19 dyanasty with Predators and I really started to like how Ryan Ellis plays. At least control for sure.

I can live with 2 and I can live with 4. I don't care if I get called up and in my rookie season I got like -30 +/-. Every result is fun result.

Media is my stuff. I lost my graphics skill. It's hard to comment because there can be plot twists in my real life. I enjoy writing fun weird media but only then when all is fine in work or personal life. I like to think about hockey whenever is it real life or just fantasy. Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

Room - Your text made me hungry!

Team - best what I can and what team needs.

I always prefer gif:

[Image: 7n9QUOL.gif]

Not much gamer anymore but I love to play Witcher III: Wild Hunt; NHL19; Farming Simulator 19; CIV franchise in Friday evenings.

I love cooking. It helps me relax from work even though cooking feels similar to chemistry sometimes just this time You can eat stuff in the end. (I work mostly with food analysis)

I used to did sport a lot. Now it is harder to find company. I'm team sport lover. Football (soccer); floorball; hockey; frisbee ok too.

Recently I started read Sapkowski in my spare time.

I love writing a lot.

I enjoy doing house works like carpentering etc.

Yes, I am! I have enjoyed time with Kelowna in same LR and I can put my verdict that Kelowna is legit team where to play and spend time with. I'm very high demanding on LR activity and Knights are drilling it!

Yes. I loved to be in Kelowna Knights as DFA. I got only 4 games where I was terrible as much was possible to be but @Kathh trusted me every time I failed. I don't know what will happen in draft this Sunday but You guys have to remember that I loved here, it was fun. I could do more in LR but I was afraid that I get attached and later I'll have to switch team. It would brake my hearth. In the end I even forgot I could be with You guys just temporary. You accepted me so well.

11. I like pinapple on pizza. Change my mind.

That's ok. I'd like to put degenerates on cross who believe that chicken steak is from chicken etc. I'm not fun of pinapple on pizza but I can order it once 6 months.

Nope

A close locker room but a championship wouldn't hurt

Maybe a TJ Oshie without the godly dangles

I'll kinda go with the flow I have no problem staying down to develop for 2 or 3 seasons

I was planning on producing some media, maybe some graphics later on, I took a photoshop class once so I should maybe put that to use

I'm new but I think I catch on to things pretty quick, I'll shoot the shit about pretty much anything not just hockey and i think I'll be pretty active overall

That fan in Vegas who flashed the Caps as they were holding the Cup

Videogames, mostly Chel or CoD, I play and follow soccer but I'm not a super fan like I am for hockey, I listen to lots of music, thats pretty much it

For sure, you got a sweet logo

Not that I can think of

Not my thing, personally, but I kinda see the merit in it

[Image: kfm8l2J.png]
Raptors Raptors Raptors

1. I was in the SBA but went inactive, and I was in the baseball one but went inactive.
2. Winning.
3. I wanna be Quinn Hughes.
4. I'm gonna skip the SMJHL and go straight to the SHL draft.
5. I really like doing sigs even though I'm not very good at it, and I know english so I can type 1000 media easy.
6. My beyblades.
7. I don't have one.
8. I play video games and go to work.
9. Maybe.
10. My bedtime is 9pm est on school nights but sometimes I can be sneaky and stay up until 11 on weekends.
11. I live in America and its a free country.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters) No, however I've always been intrested, but have always been intimidated from joining a league.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? The closer the team the more satisfactory the championship win, if u don't have a fun team, whats the point of playing.

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) The second coming of Martin Brodeur.

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) I have no clue, as long as it takes for me to be ready.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I took a year on media production, but I'm pretty bad.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Positivity and a fresh mind.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! The image is too big, just imagine Brodeur making an epic save.

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I play a lot on my PC, especially now because of COVID-19, but otherwise I normally play ulitmate, american football, and baseball with my friends.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I'm intrested in all the teams right now. Never played in a league before, but to be honest with you, my first choice would be Vancouver, but Kelowna is a strong second.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? I don't believe so.

11. I like pinapple on pizza. Change my mind. Look, we all go through "phases" and I know you may think that it isn't, it is, you will get through these dark times, and I believe in you.

Knights  Knights  Knights

Outside of some VERY casual play with my buddies on Madden nope.

Close-knit locker rooms make those 'ships so much more special. I'd rather be with a great group of guys that also happens to be the reigning champions than throw up stats and win alone.

I'm thinking something in the mold of a defensive Tom Wilson with fewer fights. I want to be a guy that the opposing team feels the next day after playing me, but is also skilled and disciplined enough to consistently make the right plays and contribute to team success.

Until I think I can be a first round talent at the SHL level whether that be 2 years or 5.

I'm planning on a weekly blog and maybe a podcast if I can find someone to do something similar to what Dowd and Hathaway on the Caps do with their Between Two Blue Lines podcast. I'm about as graphically skilled as a worm is at flying so I don't intend to focus much energy there.

I'm a fun loving guy that will crack jokes and all around just brighten the mood in a locker room. On the team I'll work towards whatever goals the coach/ GM wants me to train towards.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The save. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StanleyCup?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#StanleyCup</a> <a href="https://t.co/N2YvVOSBBc">pic.twitter.com/N2YvVOSBBc</a></p>&mdash; NHL (@NHL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1002159027898511360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 31, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm only 40% certain I did that right, but it's Holtby making "The Save" in the SCF 2018

I'm a pretty avid console gamer with a passion for the outdoors.

I'm looking forward to rewarding whichever organization decides to give me an opportunity. If that's the Kelowna Knights, than I will be all in but until an organization commits to me I won't publicly voice my preference.

Nope, but if there is anything y'all want to ask me please reach out here or on Discord Trashae#3092

I'm here to answer questions, not incite wars.

Nope, none.
Close-knit locker room

Connor McDavid

3-4 Years

I'll have a decent focus on Media to help fund my training.  Don't really know anything about graphics at the moment.

A drive to better self and team

[Image: WireAP_e005b87950564a6cb56dc72e6f9c9e29_16x9_992.jpg]

Video Games (Nintendo), Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee

Any team that would be willing to take me in, I would give my all to that team.

I think all of that pretty much covers it.
It's a personal preference, I don't want to tell you how to live your life.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Nope, there is a first time for everything!

I'll choose the latter, after all it is the reason I joined, to meet new people who enjoy watching the same sport.

I am hoping to build a solid two way forward that has great vision in the offensive zone as well as the defensive zone. Maybe comparable to David Backes?

At least 4 maybe 5 depending on how I feel at that moment. I really want to understand the site before moving up.

Probably not that much, but I could help if necessary

A different personality? I don't really know

*inserts Brendan Dillon vs. Evgeni Malkin image*

I really like to play and watch baseball, like to listen to music, and otherwise mostly just Youtube and Netflix (But now maybe some SHL as well).

Yeah, I am interested in playing for any team and especially one from a place I've never heard of. 

Nope.

I won't

yes. idr

winning championship in close-knit locket room

backup goalie

no

nothing

Cheers

twitch streaming at twitch.tv/loco_motives

i guess

not really

i hate you and would now prefer not to be drafted by you

Just this one really. 9+ years.

Close knit. Championships are a bonus.

Building a puck rushing defenceman. Brent Burns style.

As long as it takes to be ready and contribute.

Graphics can be fun, media less so but I'll keep up on it to keep the TPE flowin'

Experience and a distinct lack of drama.

I'll try to edit one in later.

Wargaming mostly, Age of Sigmar at the moment.

Of course, I'd be proud to be a Knight.

Not offhand no.

I won't try too. Pineapple on pizza is awesome.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

05-05-2020, 03:23 PMKatth Wrote: Knights  Knights  Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the co-GM. We finished last season with losing the Four Star Cup Finals unfortunately, but we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious this time. Below are some questions to help us decide who would fit in our organization. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Yes. long.

2. Cheese.

3. Riellly Smith

4. 1-2 seasons

5. some

6. definitely not a pyramid scheme no matter what they tell you

7. No

8. games and fmaily and a bunch of other shit

9. I mean i been sitting there in the lr for weeks

10. the real conspiracies are probably shit we have no inkling of

11. It's fine. I've come around on it.

Knights  Knights  Knights