Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

“Ladiiiies and gentleman, all the way from the icy shores of Tampere Finland, please welcome the newest addition to the Detroit Falcons. Suiting up and playing center on the fourth line, please put your hands together for your newest Falcon, TAAAAAAAIISTOOO JUTILAAAAA!!!!”

Yeah it was a tough call between hoisting the 4 star cup or my first game for the Falcons, and I decided on the latter. Just because I feel like it has more personal significance for me. The cup was and still is great, but I still get goosebumps just thinking of when the Falcons first picked me up and then being able to put on that uniform for the first time. The crowd at the game was just amazing and the announcer really pumped everything out of it. He could of just noted that I was a scrub added to fill the minutes, but he made sure to really get everyone excited. When I skated out there, it just felt surreal at times.

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

One of my favorite moments with my new player Mats Marner has been his first career goal in the SMJHL during season fifty three since it took so long into the season to get. Coming into the juniors part way through the season behind in his development as a later bloomer, Marner started off on the Berserkers as their fourth line center. Half way through the season Marner was still without a goal to his name and had been struggling offensively only having put up four shots in twenty or so games.

However, this all changed on the night of game twenty six. Down two nothing against the Anchorage Armada, Newfoundland's fourth line was given the nod to head out on the ice and Marner jumped over the boards to join Clean Andrei Kostisyn and Guy Legrande in the offensive zone. With the Armada hemmed in their own zone Legrande quickly sauced the puck cross ice to Clean you made quick slap pass directed to the net where a streaking marner heading to the front of the net tipped in it for his first career goal! This would be the start of a hot offensive streak where Marner scored seven goals and seven assists in a matter of twenty four games playing a limited role on the fourth line to finish off his first regular season in the SMJHL.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

It's Game 5 of the 2nd round of the S53 playoffs. It's the Kelowna Knights at home at Prospera Place against the Anaheim Outlaws. We jump late to the 3rd period where KEL is leading by a score of 5-1. 5 minutes remaining in this one and Kelowna fans can taste the championship round of the SMJHL Playoffs! Knights just have to let the timer run out and they can coast to an easy 5-1 victory. Daniel LaForest makes a great steal on Outlaws CT Carragher in the neutral zone and lifts it high into the Outlaws zone. Simon Takshak quick on the play gets to it first. Takshak peels around Chamberlain behind the net and looks for a play. He makes the blue line and tees up a big Geck one-timer on goal. Out of nowhere the stick of Rotticus Scott makes connection with the puck. It changes direction on Strom Chamberlain and goes in! 5-hole on an absolute beauty of a deflection! The score is now 6-1 late in the 3rd and the chant is "We Want Cup, We Want Cup!".

After seeing this goal by Scott go in I knew we had something special going and it would be enough to elevate us to the next round.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

"He's wheeling in on his chair, clicks the mouse... oh! and he navigates to the- oh wow! He's tapping the keyboard like he never had before... pressing Enter AND SCORES! Another 3 TPE in the bag!"

"Yes, Chuck, this guy is on a tear. You can tell by his drive and his speed that he's done a PT before and he'll do it again."

"You said it, Bob. He looks like a natural out there!"

"Let's look at the replay. You can see here his ergonomic position, allowing not only for fast typing but also typular endurance. His light taps let him register strokes while keeping his speed. This guy is quickly turning from a rookie PTer to a Meta level stenographer. What a show."

This moment was important to me because it was the moment in the current season where I wrote PT #2 for a full 3 TPE! Wow, what a goldmine. Now that there is no season cap, every PT counts and I must do what I can to keep my TPE pace. I just hope I can keep this up for the rest of the season and for future seasons.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

My favourite memory from one of my characters has to be for Joshua Woodcroft at the end of the S47 finals in overtime. I wasn’t actually on the ice but i was still present in the moment, and having had an assist earlier in the game I want a little credit, but not that much. Anyways, I’ll always look fondly back on this PBP. Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be having a faceoff to the left on the CAlgary golatender in this first overtime period, with five minute and twenty seconds to go, let’s drop the puck and get back to the action. Brock Nuck and Gabriel Wong line up at the dot as the ref drops the puck, Nuck wins the faceoff and tries to tie up his man however Wong eludes him and steals the puck as he moves behind him. Wong takes a desperate shot as the defender Vilde closes in on him, but his shot is blocked and it redirects to Crossfit Jesus with a wide open opportunity! He shoots! And He scores! The West Kendall Platoon Have won it in Overtime and have completed the sweep to become the S47 Champions!

I had a tough choice between Game 7 of the S51 Four Star Cup Finals, when I won the Cup with the Armada, or the semifinals of the S51 IIHF. Ultimately it came down to which one I actually played a part in, so without further ado, here is a call from Switzerland vs. Czechia in the semifinals of the S51 IIHF Tournament.

"It's a close game here, the Swiss tallied a power play goal via Elijah Jones 2 minutes ago to make it 5-3 but this game isn't over yet. Alex Winters shoots! And he misses the net by a wide margin. Puck is picked up by Ty Hoover for Switzerland, he's going full speed into the Czech zone... and HE'S BLOWN UP by Troy McClure! Czechs have the puck, and Daniel Kuster strips McClure of the puck. He sauces it to Anthony Archer, who finds Mitchell van der Heijden at the top of the key. He shoots... AND SCORES! VAN DER HEIJDEN HAS BEATEN KNOX BOOTH FROM LONG RANGE, AND THAT HAS TO BE THE WINNING GOAL FOR THE SWISS!"
This is important to me because it solidified us (Switzerland) making the gold medal game in our first ever medal round appearance. The fact that I, as a 350-capped player, was able to come up big right then and there was huge and it was great to ensure that a Swiss team, who made the medal round by 1 point, would continue a fairytale run to the gold medal game after knocking off two of the best teams in the medal round in Austria and the Czechs.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Detroit Falcons and the St. Louis Scarecrows... Game tied at 0, its been a hard fought battle up until this point, midway through the first. Jmac NCheese carries the puck in deep and wheels to look for an open player... he finds Joseph Fantobeans at the point. Fantobeans winds up and blasts a shot towards the net... Reid Sutherland in front, he gets a stick on the puck and tips it... ITS IN!!!!!! 1-0 Falcons!

This was a huge moment for Reid in his career. As a sophomore on the best team in the league, Reid had a big season in S53. This series was a tight one, going to 7 games and generally being a low scoring affair. As the season favourites, Detroit really needed to win this so they could get to the finals. The game was back and forth, and felt like whoever scored first would have it. Reid scored on a tip in, and it ended up being the game and series winner. The Detroit LR went nuts and held their breath after until they secured the victory.

[191 words]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Just over 12 minutes remaining in the third now. Topalo steals it off Scianna. The shot!... is blocked by Vessot. 

Picked up by Kekkonen. He searches for the pass. Sends it right back to Topalo, waiting in the center!

Over to O'Shea, Detroit are being exceptionally patient here. Back to Topalo, who shoots again...

AND IT'S IN! 

*away fans cheering*

Off the stick of Edward Willliams! The man who has done it all for Detroit this season! His fourth playoff goal! Everyone was writing Williams off. Everyone said he could not perform in the Four Star Cup playoffs. 

Here. He. Is. The best player of the regular season is proving himself on the biggest stage! His 73rd point has come at the time when his team most needs it! This is a player to watch - remember the name. 

Could Williams' goal be the game-winner? The curse-breaker? Fans of Detroit, start praying now because there are a long 12 minutes to go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was fun and all to have a lot of points in the regular season, but nothing beats scoring the game winner to win the Four Star Cup.  Falcons Falcons Falcons

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: QsiTWf6.png]

"And the puck is dropped here for the Winnipeg Jets power play as Mika Mayfield was sent to the box for a delay of game penalty. Jimmy Slothface wins the puck into the corner for the Specters, where defenseman Demarcus Smyth battles a forechecking Jet for the puck. Smyth wins the puck cleanly and wraps it along the boards, it is picked up by Thomas Vanice who moves out of the zone for New Orleans. Vanice flips a saucer pass to Jimmy Slothface in the neutral zone. Slothface gets by one defender and has one more player to beat... Slothface toe drags around the Winnipeg defender and rips a shot on net... it is in! The Specters score a shorthanded goal to pull ahead 4-2 in the game! That's Jimmy Slothface's second of the game and his first of the season on the penalty kill. Assists go to Smyth and Vanice. The Jets are really going to be mad about letting that one go in here at the end of the second period. It is not looking good for their comeback chances."

182 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Bob: And next shooter is Ensio Kalju, Tim - he looks like to be sweating, knees potentially weak and arms could feel heavy. Ensio only gets one shot, one opportunity. Some could say him being a defender makes this once in a lifetime opportunity. Let's hope he captures this moment and it does not pass him.

Tim: Ensio skates up the ice, some side to side moves with the puck, he shoots AND he misses. Homie grew hotter, but he blows - it´s all over.

Bob: Fair effort, but I think he failed to lose himself in the moment, which resulted him in not owning the moment.

Tim: You are right Bob, you could see that he kept failure as an option, every good shootout player knows that success is the only option. He was like a snail.

Bob: He is a cold product Tim, nose dove and sold nada. Let's move on to the next schmoe who hopefully is able to flow better.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 03:34 PM by Allegiant.)

Maine Timber vs Detroit Falcons

Karsten: "Jmac brings the puck through the center, cuts through the defence and sends it into the corner! Wanesly picks up the loose puck and tries a wild pass. He misses his target, but Kanoff picks it up -- he wheels around the net and passes it to Jmac! He's wide open but--

Will Windsor gets in the way! He blocked the shot wide and send the puck right back into the corner! We haven't seen much of Windsor lately, but he's been doing a lot of just that -- being in the right place at the right time.

It won't wrestle control of the game away from the Falcons, but the Timber are definitely still in this."

Fredrich: "At this point, I don't think anything is going to turn this game around! We can praise the Timber for keeping the puck out of their own net, but maybe they should start trying to keep it out of their zone! They can't score if they're all on their knees around their own net."

Maine would go on to lose 3 to 1. But hey -- at least it wasn't 4 to 1, right?

---

Why is something as simple as a shot block the most memorable sequence in a game for poor Will Windsor? Well, to be put it bluntly, he really hasn't done much of note yet. As a young stay at home defenceman whose progress as a player has been inconsistent as best, there really haven't been many individual moments of triumph. What there have been, however, are numerous little moments, usually hidden in the midst of the game: moments of solid positioning, good decision-making, and sound, fundamental hockey. He's going to have to put in a lot more effort and a lot more time before he has any real highlight moments aside from a lucky goal or two. But for now, he's going to have to take heart in the little wins -- the shots blocked, the hits landed, and even the occasional clear on the penalty kill.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty