Create Account

S56 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 01:38 PM by Z0REM.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
This was Phineas’s best season by far in the SHL.  He proved to be a good force on the offense and came out to an early lead where for a short time in the first few games of the season he led all skaters in goals.  That quickly dropped off until he was relegated to not Theo Morgan status.  My goal every season is to improve upon my last season so I hit my goals.  I think this upcoming season is going to be big for me.  I am going to be working on my game from all corners and should come off as a skater who can retain the puck.  My overall goal is that when I am on the ice, my team retains possession of the puck and defense isn’t needed.  I am losing too many battles for the puck so I hope to get my defensive skills up during the offseason so I can go into next season with the wherewithal to knock people off a puck that I want.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Of the 10 most recent finals series, which do you think is the most memorable and why? Which will be remembered in history as the best/most important/most memorable series or victory? S46: BUF over NOLA, S47: WKP over CGY, S48: BUF over WPG, S49: EDM over NEW, S50: CGY over TBB, S51: HAM over EDM, S52: MAN over SFP, S53: HAM over EDM, S54: NOLA over HAM, S55: BUF over NOLA.’
I am biased and that is 100% ok but I would have to say that it will always be S51 HAM over EDM.  While it was nice that my team won the year after in our first cup in decades, the team that broke the old sim will always go down as the most memorable.  The crazy shenanigans.  The furious searches for a new sim engine that led to the eventual upgrading of the site and how we play this game.  I think it was the most memorable because it too ka league that was getting a little stagnant and was fun for the company into a something new that is exciting to be a part of again.  It was like an arms race that was the wake up call for the entire league that things needed to change.  I do not think that there will be a more important season in the next decade or two…. At least until MAN wins their next cup.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

My prediction for the finals this year is that as always Canada is going to give us a strong showing. USA just a few key players retire so it might be their swansong before they can use their huge pipeline to bring in top tiered players again. So I expect a strong run by the USA and hopefully a little puck luck goes their way for an eventual win over the canadian team. That being said, Japan is still looking strong and I do not really want to get taken out by their team again when we have so much riding on this tournament. Ola Wagstrom will lead his team and the IIHF in points because he hates MAN and always does well in international play. I would expect him to be the top points leader by the end of the entire thing. Although do not count out phineas and his clutchness.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have an impressive set of skaters - without factoring in any coaching or tactical strategies, which team do you think has the better roster of skaters on paper?
HAM definitely has the dream team when it came to netting free agency this year and getting the best in slot players from each team that was going into rebuilds.  It was almost unfair how much they were able to get from other teams both good and bad.  BUF is also on the decline.
b. Do you foresee the teams making any strategic adjustments during the course of the series? Should the teams be quick to switch tactics or stick with what they've been using?
I think there will be huge experimentation by BUF to try and counter strategies as the roster of HAM is just so much stronger.  If you cannot win with straight up strength, then you need to win with wits and guile.
c. These two teams hail from the Great Lakes Division. Which of the Great Lakes (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior) do you think is the Greatest and why?
Lake Erie is the greatest because it has the spookiest name.  If you had to have the names fight each other I would bet on Erie because while Huron, Ontario, Michigan sound like names of battleships. And Superior is just superior.  Only Erie stands alone. Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
d. If, once it is safe to do so, you had to go hang out in person with one of the users on Buffalo/Hamilton, who would you hang out with and what would you do? (if you pick gabe you get -1 tpe)
I would want to hang out with Trautner because he was the person who has updated most recently between the two teams that I barely know.  That being said, I have drafted Scarn on my fantasy team for the past few seasons and I want to know why he isn’t carrying me to #1.  We would mostly go out for a sandwich that I would make him buy for me.

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Well Hamilton won the series just like I predicted but I was surprised that my pick the best player didn’t get chosen as the ultimate winner.  Or really no pick has been made but if I had to choose someone it would be that crazy kid gone pirate Monkey D Luffy. He was obviously all over the ice doing some craz stuff and probably deserved to be the MVP for his team. When he would win MVP even though he lost the series by the end. So I pick him as the overall MVP for being the only Luffy in the playoffs. Better luck next time other chumps.

16. Chill

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:31 AM by lilstifler.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

My player's season was with ups and downs, but I can't blame anything because this was a debut season in the big league. The start of the season was phenomenal, a lot of points were scored, the team was helped to win matches, but the middle of the season was dim, both for themselves and for the team. This was a debut season for both myself in adult hockey and for the team as such, since it was created before the season began. Nothing bad about the season as a whole, I just wanted to be more stable throughout the season. I think it is necessary to put it directly to the physical fitness, which also failed the middle of the season as expected. There will be even better communication with teammates and hopefully I will be able to safeguard my place in the first round of the team in the future. Looking forward to next season to showing what we're capable of as a team. There was no shortage to win the award of the best debathoner.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I believe the Edmonton team was very strong, but it didn't come to the finals because it was the season champions who put their feet in front of them. The team looked very Zolini, it was hard to play against them, could feel the team was inclined to attack because they often scored a lot of goals, but they never were forgotten about the defense and an ordered game in it. Anyway, I think this team will be competitive in the distant future, and will be able to win the title of champion. Unless the composition changes drastically. It will be difficult for them in the future, too.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

It's hard to predict this event, especially for me, because I haven't immersed myself in the compositions of other teams, but certainly the very favourites to the title will be the favorites of the United States, Canada, the UK and Sweden, which have always been competitive and with very good compositions. But the Latvian national unit I represent has mostly played dim and weak lately, having always been one of the last teams throughout the tournament. It could be written off for a generational shift that is currently actively taking place in the ranks of the national unit. Before I arrived, the team could feel some kind of hopelessness, but then there were a number of important players joining. Now there is a more positive atmosphere on the team, and it is very good from the point of view that we will be able to deal more with other favorites. I'll try to surprise with something, too, because that's my job, to be a leader.

Code:
Of the 10 most recent finals series, which do you think is the most memorable and why? Which will be remembered in history as the best/most important/most memorable series or victory? S46: BUF over NOLA, S47: WKP over CGY, S48: BUF over WPG, S49: EDM over NEW, S50: CGY over TBB, S51: HAM over EDM, S52: MAN over SFP, S53: HAM over EDM, S54: NOLA over HAM, S55: BUF over NOLA.

I as one of the historically best finals series would like to consider the S50 finale, in which a team from Calgary and a team from Tampa Bay met. I chose this because when this series happened I hadn't joined this hockey league yet and didn't really know I'd ever go in that direction. The team from Calgari has always sympathetized me because of my visual appearance, because I love red colors very much. The command logo also looks very good, and it shows that this team's history is very extensive. This was also the last time the Calgary team played in the finals, the team has landed a little in recent seasons and can't get that far. The series was fascinating. Was played out in a 7-game series in which the winning laurels were plucked directly by the Dragons team. The result of the final game 4: 3 also showed how much this series was tense and breathtaking. It's interesting to look back at something like this, even if you haven't been there at that moment.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have an impressive set of skaters - without factoring in any coaching or tactical strategies, which team do you think has the better roster of skaters on paper?
b. Do you foresee the teams making any strategic adjustments during the course of the series? Should the teams be quick to switch tactics or stick with what they've been using?
c. These two teams hail from the Great Lakes Division. Which of the Great Lakes (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior) do you think is the Greatest and why?
d. If, once it is safe to do so, you had to go hang out in person with one of the users on Buffalo/Hamilton, who would you hang out with and what would you do? (if you pick gabe you get -1 tpe)

a.) Comparing the best skaters of both teams, I prefer Hamilton's team a little more, however, because their players are a little faster and they have tended a fast hockey game all the time. There will certainly be authors of other opinions, but my point on the matter is this, which could also be a bit biased, because I have played under Hamilton myself.

b.) Me and tactics? Haha, that probably won't be the best thing to ask me. I can only see fast and aggressive hockey. But when I look at the finals, I can only say the best, because the finals reach the best teams, both in the square and on the coach bench, through a variety of strategic walks. So I think everything has been done right and nothing needed to be changed more quickly, the finale was exciting and congratulations to Hamilton on winning.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification word: ceptagala

16/16
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 12:46 PM by Bruins10.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

My player had a terrible season this year. Not sure what the big difference was in terms of my players capability but I found I dropped off quite a bit and even had a lot more of a TPE difference between the two seasons.
When it comes to why that happened, I think there are many factors, but 2 come to mind as why.
The first one would just be the play as a team. I think my production dropped just because the team did not play to the same level that we did the last season. Less goals scored, a lot of tougher matchups against opponents and just having difficulty with chemistry. When it comes to the team, we had a lot of new faces and old faces have gone to wear different colours. We lost a lot of guys that I had chemistry with and helped me produce on the ice and that hurts when those faces get traded away.
At the same time, I think the lines had changed a bit throughout the year. Not saying it was for the worse, but it would have helped to build chemistry with the same partner and really build off of eachother.
Luck was not on my side either, my shooting percentage might have been the worst in the league. And if it was not the worst, it def was not far off haha

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Of the 10 most recent finals series, which do you think is the most memorable and why? Which will be remembered in history as the best/most important/most memorable series or victory? S46: BUF over NOLA, S47: WKP over CGY, S48: BUF over WPG, S49: EDM over NEW, S50: CGY over TBB, S51: HAM over EDM, S52: MAN over SFP, S53: HAM over EDM, S54: NOLA over HAM, S55: BUF over NOLA.
For me it would be the Season 54 finals. Would it be the most memorable one? I do not think so. I can not even remember howit played out so it probably was not anything special. But from my perspective, it was special because it was my first ever cup.
In regards to the past finals, I do not really know which one thy would make a movie or a documentary about. I would love to see what Don Cherry would have to say about some of the people in this league in these great series. But when it comes to me sitting down and watching television for the SHL finals I really was not too interested. I have other things to do like go to the gym and get ready for the next season, especially when I play as bad as I did in the past season.
But in all seriousness, not really my style to watch other teams play. Even in the sims, I do not really watch the other games if the Specters are not playing

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
FHM's 12-team playoff bracket setup has received a fair bit of scrutiny. It re-seeds after the play-in round and for some reason puts the #1 seed and #2 seed on the same side of the bracket. I challenge you to come up with a different playoff format - can you come up with a format that's dumber/worse than this? be creative! Come up with the worst possible format for a 12-team playoff.
If you really want to make the playoffs a real SH1T SHOW you can always have everyone make the playoffs and have no re-seeding. But at the same time, if you are the worse seed, you have to win 1 less game in the series. Or well, maybe better expained, the team that has finished lower than their opponent starts the series always with a 1-0 series lead. I think it would make the league a lot more fair and create some parity. Especially with the super teams that have developped. Looking at the teams that finished last in each conference this season, I think they need that free game in regards to the top teams in the league. It would just be a crazy site to see come finals time when you have 2 top teams that make it. Or maybe not, maybe 2 bottom teams advance with the little buff they receive from series to series

Quote:8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. if written)
The arenas in Buffalo and Hamilton want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.
What is good about developping a new product to sell at the consessions at the stadiums and the arenas is that both teams have different colors and can target different things with them.
When I look at the Buffalo Stampede colours I think of Mustard and Relish. When I think of a Stampede I think of a lot of things cluttered like Buffalos and then having a lot of things all together. I am from Quebec and Poutines are a great meal. So a Poutine style fry with Mustard and Relish as the Sauce and you can call it the Stampede Poutine. Even kind of rolls off the tongue when you think about it or say it pretty quickly.
Now, when I think of the Hamilton Steelhawks, I think of a place in Canada that probably has some tough winters. Maybe not as bad as some other places in the world but it forsure gets cold in that city. At the same time, the Blue and Grey colours are some cold colours. Even steel itself is considered like a cold metal. So something cold, something along the lines of an ice cream would come to mind in regards to the Hamilton Steelhawks. But thinking of what kind of ice cream. They have Blue and Grey and a little bit of white. So it would be a Vanialla Ice Cream floater, with blue berries and some Blue Slush all in one cup.

Quote:14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Congrats to the Hamilton Steelhawks on winning their Championship. SOmething a lot of people had seen coming just because of how well built the team was. My MVP would have to be Theo Morgan. I m voting him solely based on the fact that I am related to him and wish him nothing but the best. Missing the championship for Theo because he has already won the SMJHL, the World Juniors and the IIHF, he can finally get inducted into the Quadruple Gold Club. I have not even watched a ingle game and do not even know the amount of games was needed for Hamilton to win the series so this is a blind guess and wish him nothing but the  best.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: Samsung

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 08:51 PM by Jala.)

I did not do as well as I would've hoped this season with more TPE and my team being stronger as well. I performed better in every category other than plus/minus in my rookie campaign and a couple things contributed to that. My build this season was more focused on defense so I didn't really get a jump on many offensive skills. I also played less this season then I did in my rookie campaign, playing second and third line minutes for the majority of the season. I think if I was back on the top pairing with the first line forwards I would've met or exceeded my rookie totals. I've already looked at adjusting my build for when I hit the 425 cap and I think next season that will help me put up more points and hopefully my second line teammates are grinding it out so we have more offense production.
Word Count: 154

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
FHM's 12-team playoff bracket setup has received a fair bit of scrutiny. It re-seeds after the play-in round and for some reason puts the #1 seed and #2 seed on the same side of the bracket. I challenge you to come up with a different playoff format - can you come up with a format that's dumber/worse than this? be creative! Come up with the worst possible format for a 12-team playoff.
If I had to take a different take on the playoffs I would make it similar to a reverse grid in racing. The worst teams would be top seeded and get a bye to the second round and the top teams in the regular season would fight it out to make it to the second round. #1/#2 and #3/#4 while #5/#6 sit out the first round. Then winner of #1/#2 and #5, winner of #3/#4 and #6 go at it in the second and winner's of those two go head-to-head in the conference finals which is a mandatory seven games. Then at the one minute mark of the third period of the seventh game the highest seed team of the first round that was eliminated comes on the ice and takes out the leading team with chairs a la WWE.
Word Count: 145

4. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble (like the NHL did in Edmonton/Toronto or the NBA in Orlando), which city would be the best candidate to host as the hub city? What would the players do during their time in a playoff bubble? (For graphic option, make an advertisement [like a pamphlet/brochure] in support of a specific city as the hub city and highlighting the reasons why.)
If the SHL had to set up a bubble with the way the playoff bracket works it doesn't really make sense to have two locations as it's not a guarantee that the brackets would play out in conference play. I think the best location would be Hamilton because of it's location in relativity to most of the teams home locations and it's a smaller town then Toronto. Being one of the smaller markets would mean it would be easier to keep everyone away from outside influences but it's still a big enough town to have all the amenities any team could want. I think the bubble would be a lot of video games and binge watching, but would also be a great way for the teams to get some more time together to get to know each other. Old teammates could reunite and new friendships could be made. It would be a good way to learn how other people train and could be an improvement for everyone.
Word Count: 167

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
I think if the Dragons had been able to beat the Blizzard they would've absolutely made the finals. They have a deep roster through including Esa Parmborg with his 2k TPE, Brennan Kennedy Jr who is an absolute defensive monster and their netminding is looking solid with Kata Vilde. They finished first in their conference and second overall in the league but had a rough go in their first round match-up against Edmonton who had the momentum coming off a first round win over the Wolfpack. Their roster is super deep all the way through and they have the experience needed to win, they would have given Hamilton a huge challenge to win the Finals and would've made for entertaining hockey.
Word Count: 121

I think Canada looks to be the strongest team which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They have some huge names like Maxime Bouchard, Matt Kholin, Gabriel Johnson and obviously the SHL's leading scorer Theo Morgan. They have depth right through the roster and will be heavy favourites to win this season's tournament. Looking through the rosters it seems like most teams have a chance to be contenders with the odd dark horses to usurpe the usual suspects. Norway strikes me as a team with a fair bit of depth led by Andreas Kvalheim and Eko Van Otter. Japan has really come together to be a strong roster as well, I guess the Kariya brothers really kicked up interest in that part of the globe. The USA is also looking to get one last strong tournament in before some of their older players ride off into the sunset. I predict that this season will be an entertaining tournament and everyone will enjoy tuning in to watch.
Word Count: 166

8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. if written)
The arenas in Buffalo and Hamilton want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.
Out in Hamilton the upper management was looking to lead the hype train of the Steelhawks to huge profits. The marketing team came up with two ideas for fans coming to the home games. The first would be a commemorative bow and arrows made out of foam in silver and blue with a foam buffalo target. These would be used as a rallying cry for hat tricks, big wins or other big events. These would come with three arrows included but could have more purchased separately. The price on the bow would be 15 bucks and replacement arrows were 5 bucks for 10. The other product would be sold at the concession stands and it would be a buffalo burger. It would be a premium burger in a commemorative claw that would hold it imprinted with the Challenge Cup logo and would cost 25 bucks. This would be another way to show the Steelhawks are going to eat up the Buffalo Stampede.
Word Count: 162

16/16

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Code:
I had a blast my first season as a Baltimore Platoon player. The step up was a big one for Kalashnikov and I know that despite the lackluster season there are big things on the horizon for both the team and the player alike. Continuing with the gameplay and strategy Kalashnikov took from Maine and incorporated it into the Baltimore strategy. Playing all 200ft. of the ice being able to produce offensively with goals and assist while also dishing out the damage on defense. Pulling 5 goals, and 8 assists for 13 points. Dishing out 89 hits and getting 84 shots blocked I am very pleased with my rookie year on a rebuilding squad. The one thing I would’ve hoped to improve is that I went 0-1 in Fighting this season. This is an absolutely unacceptable stat that I am ashamed of. I will do everything in power to make sure that this taint will not be reflective of the career Killa-Kalashnikov will have.

Code:
I think you start with the 1 seed, and have them play all the other teams in a row. 2-12 seeds. You then assign each win a .85 point value and each loss with a -.25 point value. Then you would have seed 2 play teams 3 through 12. But skipping the game with seed 1 since that was already played. This pattern would be continued down so on and so forth down the seed list until reaching seed 12 who has already played everyone. At this point seed 12 gets to pick two teams to pit against one another. If the team that loses has a lower overall score than seed 12 at the end of that game then seed 12 qualifies for the championship match against whoever had the highest overall score through the tournament. Easy, simple, and fair.

Code:
If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble (like the NHL did in Edmonton/Toronto or the NBA in Orlando), which city would be the best candidate to host as the hub city? What would the players do during their time in a playoff bubble? (For graphic option, make an advertisement [like a pamphlet/brochure] in support of a specific city as the hub city and highlighting the reasons why.)
[Image: Bbslvem.png]
Code:
This is going to be a complete homer answer but of course I have got to go with the Baltimore Platoon. Yes I do smoke crack and it is better than yours, now back to the point I was making. Despite being one of the lowest ranking teams coming into these playoffs, the San Francisco Pride thankfully taking that one for the team, Baltimore did a successful job of rounding out their rebuild. This season was but a stepping stone to a dynasty that will be etched into the annals of SHL history for millenia to come. We are thinking on an empire scale, so to the outside it may seem like confusion and panic, but that is actually the work of gods to sculpt a brand new future that is so dazzling it puzzles onlookers and disbelievers alike. 

Code:

[Image: kgJuR8e.png]

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Correctimundo

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

Task One - 3 Tpe

Well this season was a bit hit and miss to be honest. The team performed decently well during regular season play, however the goaltending was not in a great position this season, and lead to a weakness for the anchorage team. We were a high scoring team, that spread the goals around all 4 lines, but at the same time for the amount of shots we had on net, we werent scoring at a rate we should have. Coming into the playoffs we were not able to correct our regular season problems. Had poor goaltending, and despite outshooting our opponents often we were not able to score which lead to many close games both in the win and loss category. Ultimately we were eliminated in the semi finals. On a personal note I had my best season in juniors, which I hope to improve upon going into next season. I finished second in scoring on the team and will hopefully finish in first.

Code:
163 words

Task 4 - 3 TPE

Well for this I will be talking about the junior leagues, and honestly I think it is quite easy to select a bubble city. The bubble city would be none other then Anchorage, now you may be asking yourself why Anchorage? Well its simple, Corna cases are very low in Anchorage since people arent packed together like they are in major cities. This would allow the league to be more flexible with the bubble and allow for more activities for the players and their families to join them. Some of the activities they would take part in is exploring the great mountain ranges, and hiking through the various trails. They would be able to go skiing, and do multiple winter sports such as snow shoeing. They can ride the rails and go sight seeing, maybe even see their first moose! Anchorage would allow players to explore instead of being stuck inside of a hotel room for their duration.

Code:
158 words

Task 7 - 3 TPE

This IIHF tournament will return the medals to the powerhouse teams, which I hate to say being from a smaller nation. It is hard to bet against Canada not winning, people love to join Canada, which allows them to have access to multiple high tpe players. The same goes for the USA, as many players create for the USA, once again letting them access to many top players. Finally there is Sweden, which can be hit and miss depending on their core for the season. Now we know with the sim there can be some wild cards, such as great Britain last season, or even Japan making a splash. Now its always great to see these small nations, for me being from Austria I am hoping that we can make a splash this tournament and add some ground to our nations ranking. Am I expecting us to medal? No, unfortunately not. I do think we will see Canada with the gold, and USA ending up with the silver or the Bronze.

Code:
171 words

Task 13 - 4 tpe
a. I would have to say Hamilton has the better set on paper, they have the top end talent and the depth players. I think it was clear if you look at their regular season stats. Dont get me wrong, Buffalo has some great players. However I just feel like they are a little top heavy and their depth is lacking.
Code:
60 words

B. I mean the losing team will make adjustments, or at least you would hope they would make adjustments. If the games are close they will be minor adjustments, if they are blowouts im sure they will look at shaking things up. As for the winning team, why would they make any adjustments, what they are doing is working and they shouldn't mess around as the sim will burn you more often then not.
Code:
73 words

C. I think this is a trick question because none of these lakes are all that great when you compare them to other lakes in Canada, specifically in Alberta. However if I had to pick I would pick Ontario, because it is partially Canadian? At least I assume it is having Ontario in it. Now you can make an argument for Superior, since it is trying to make the argument for itself, but that isn't to great of a reason if you ask me. So we will go with Ontario.
Code:
88 words

d.Well I was going to say Gabe, so I could make him ride the train a couple of hours to meet with me, then no show like he did to ass. But with that knowledge I would have to say Tomen. He always has interesting shit to share in the anchorage discord so I am sure he could show me around a couple of cool places.
Code:
66 words

Task 16 - 3 tpe
Oats

16 TPE TY

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 07:46 PM by Aephino.)

Overall, I have to say that I am very pleased with my player performance this season. Edward Williams just always tears up leagues as a rookie, and he did so in the SHL, battling Steve Harrington for the rookie with most points. A late rally made it all possible. Williams finished the season with 16 goals and 19 assists, for a total of 35 points, with a +24 to top it off. I also managed 114 hits and just 38 PIM, so I am pretty impressed with the brute side of Williams as a rookie in the big leagues. I'm hoping for even better returns next season. I'm going to continue to work on scoring and assisting, but also work on defensive efforts. I had 16 takeaways, but 25 giveaways. If I can contribute more offensively and have a few less giveaways, I'll be happy. Additionally, 34 shots blocked could be increased with a little better defensive awareness.

If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble (like the NHL did in Edmonton/Toronto or the NBA in Orlando), which city would be the best candidate to host as the hub city? What would the players do during their time in a playoff bubble?

I personally think it should be in a place that is relatively central in the United States, so as to not show favoritism to any particular area (Canada, East Coast, West Coast). For this reason, I suggest somewhere in Kansas, as it is very central. A good city would either be Wichita or Kansas City. That being said, there's not much to do in Kansas. They grow a lot of wheat, so maybe some tours of big wheat fields would be really fun for the players. There are parks and zoos they could go to. Museums are always exciting adventures. There is also a lovely botanical garden in Wichita, called Botanica. But let's be honest, it's not like the players are doing much. They can just hang out in their quarantined hotel rooms and play NHL 20 or something or text their girlfriends in between games or practice. Or they can take photos of all the cool flat Kansas land. Whatever they want.

I think Buffalo needs to go all-in with their team: The Buffalo Stampede. They need to create a whole farm by the arena, with tickets for admission for the farm. It can be equipped with a corn maze, apple picking, pumpkin carving, and, of course, buffalo! Stocked to the brim with farm animals such as buffalo, camels, and more buffalo, the Stampede's fans will go nuts for this! They will be more than happy to spend the money on such a fun and exciting event before the main even--the game! They can sell tickets to ride the buffalo. Similar to bull-riding, people can see how long they can last! There will be opportunities to bet on over/under times for anyone who rides. While the smell might put some people off, it will attract a whole new section of people to become Buffalo Stampede fans for life, and will show Canadians just what Americans are like!

a. Just for their domination in the regular season, I think it has to go to Hamilton. They only had 4 regulation losses the whole season, and boasted some top points-scorers in the league with Theo Morgan, Aaron Wilson, Dick Clapper, and Michael Scarn. Buffalo have some show-stoppers, but Hamilton's skaters are superior.

b. I don't think either team should switch it up. Buffalo showed last season that their tactics are effective, and the coaching staff knows what's expected. Changing their tactics for Hamilton is showing them too much respect, in my opinion. Meanwhile, Hamilton won the President's Cup with their tactics, and it would be a mistake to change what has been so effective all season.

c. Many would say Lake Superior because superior is a synonym for higher-ranking and upper-level, but obviously the greatest is Lake Michigan. I mean the whole state of Michigan was clearly named after this one lake. The Great Lakes can have any name replace Superior, but Michigan is the best until they decide to rename the entire state of Michigan! 

d. For me it's gotta be A Jobin. What a man. Spent some quality time with him in Detroit, and every now and then I still see him a little bit in the Detroit LR. A cool dude and a pretty good goalie. He seems to play a good amount of games so playing some games with my boy Jobin sounds like a delightful time. 

verify: monkey

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

1. (3 TPE)
S56 was an odd season for Axel Meszaros. A big down grade in his defensive partner was a big blow as the team traded away Jack Kanoff. This meant Meszaros had to play with Daniel Kuster this season and trying to cover for a worse player. Meszaros actually had a solid season, finishing with 15 points (more than his rookie season) and led Toronto in hits with 124 hits on the season. The team as a whole performed much better than expected and Meszaros helped by getting in the way of more shots on goal this season finishing 4th on the team with 89 shot blocks. Next season will be the big tell on how Axel progressed as he will likely play alongside a much improved defense partner as the team traded for superstar Adam Barron and are calling up Ryosuke Sato and Luffy Richard from the Four Star Cup champion Vancouver Whalers.

2. (3 TPE)
I think there's a clear obvious choice to this question and it has to be the S50 Challenge Cup Finals. Tampa was coming off a great run to the finals and looked like a great young team. Calgary was continuing their 20+ seasons of consistency and looked as good as ever. It quickly turned into a 3-0 series lead for the Barracuda. Tampa scored 16 goals in those first three games and looked poised to lift the cup for the first time since relocating from Seattle. Teams up 3-0 in a 7 game series rarely ever lose a series, it's only happened 5 times ever in professional American sports. However the next four games the Dragons shut up shop, only allowing Tampa to score six goals (only allowing 1 goal in Games 4, 5, and 6 each). This led to what is probably the greatest collapse the league has seen since I joined. Tampa went from one game away from a historic cup to completely rebuilding.

6. (2 TPE)
The best team to not make the finals this season is clearly the other Great Lakes team to make the playoffs, the Chicago Syndicate. If not for the rarest of occurrences, a reverse sweeps, they would have been in the finals versus Hamilton, which was going to be a very tough matchup for the Steelhawks. Chicago is built to win right now and really needed to make it happen this season, it was just a rare happening to see a 3-0 lead disappear in such tough fashion versus Buffalo. I firmly believe if they had made the finals, they would have pushed the Steelhawks to the brink.

13. (4 TPE)
a) These two teams are fairly well balanced in terms of talent, but if I have to give the edge it'd be to Hamilton. Both teams have similar goal tending situations, with both Doyle and Jobin being relatively young goalies with really bright futures ahead of them, so I'd call this match up a wash. The edge for general roster would go to Hamilton just because Buffalo is bedding in some young talent in this season.

b) I'd expect both teams to trust their systems for the first couple games. Chopping and changing only puts you at risk of losing cohesion in the short term. If the games are super lopsided then I'd expect the team on the receiving end will make some changes but only if that situation arises.

c) As a resident of the Midwest US in real life, I can attest to the greatness of Lake Michigan. It's a huge lake, with some much beautiful views to see. One of the best of if you are north of Chicago along the lake you can actually see the city skyline in the distance.

d) There's a lot of great options from both of these teams, expect for Gabe, but ultimately I'd probably have to pick Nour. A great friend and always a fun guy to talk to, Nour is just like the dude you want to hangout with. However if he tries to bring Gabe, I'm going to hangout with DT.

16. (3 TPE)
yikers

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 02:02 PM by Count Chocula.)

Code:

Overall my game improved substantially in my 4th season with Newfoundland. My goal production increased by 450% from last season from 2 goals to 9 goals. This is mostly due to more chances generated as I was placed on the powerplay and my average ice time was increased by 5 minutes. More playing time definitely helped my performance across the board. Physicality was increased as hits climbed from 41 to 61. The only number that was lower from a season ago was my shot block total, which dropped from 63 to 49. However this is more likely due to my role change from a more traditional stay at home defenseman to playmaking defensive style. The most important difference between this season and the last was my puck management. My giveaway totals this season were down to 20, a significant drop from 38 a season ago. I felt more confident with the puck which helped increase my offense and mitigate being a liability on the ice.

Code:

The best playoff format, which should be implemented immediately, is based on league standings. Bracket 1, the winners bracket, should consist of all teams in the SHL that finish in the top 8. Bracket 2, the losers bracket, will consist of teams that finished 9-16. The highest seeded team plays the next highest seeded team in each round. So by the end of the playoffs bracket 1 is crowned the best of the best, while bracket 2 is dubbed the best of the losers. Then the 2 teams face off in a lop sided shit kicking courtesy of the best of the best.

Code:

Ironically the best play to set up a bubble for the SHL playoff is the arena for a SMJHL team, The Newfoundland Berserkers. Based in St. John’s, Newfoundland the Mile One Centre is a first class facility. The location itself is very isolated from the mainland of Canada, providing a bubble in itself on top of league preparation. There are dozens of top notch hotels capable of hosting all teams players and staff. The city of St John’s boasts a robust and rustic downtown area, full of world class local cuisine and taverns. There are numerous hiking trails that venture into the breathtaking scenery surrounding the city. The lush green hillsides and lavish views of the ocean are second to none. There are several fantastic golf courses as well for players and staff to unwind. There are numerous water activities for players and staff to indulge in. It’s a small paradise on it’s own island and the perfect respite for the playoffs to be held.

Code:

The best team to not make the finals this post season was the Chicago Syndicate. Martijn Westbroek had a breakout season for the team with an MVP caliber performance. The team finished with an astounding 37-9-4 record through the season. Parker and Daniel Smeb both had another elite season, proving why they are consistent award nominees. Tibuk Soonika had another stellar year in net and will undoubtedly be nominated for a McBride award. The team was 1 win away from heading to the finals, but they fell just short to the former champions. They have a strong core and will make another push next season with most of their player returning.

Code:

Code:

On paper the best team is the Hamilton Steelhawks. They have the best player in the league this season with Theo Morgan. He's only one piece of the most deadly top line this season along with Aaron Wilson and Dick Clapper. With Jobin in net, who is considerably the best goaltender in the finals, Hamilton will be tough to beat.

Code:

I think both teams have to stick to their game plans early on. Buffalo had a miraculous turnaround against Chicago, who many believe was a better team. If they can work that same magic they can upset the Hawks. On the other hand Hamilton has been dominant all season and just needs to continue their performance.

Code:

Erie is the greatest of all Great Lakes. It decisively has the coolest name of the bunch. It gives off a nice spooky vibe just by saying the name. In the summer time it can also be one toxic which makes it the most dangerous. Everyone loves a bit of danger. Not to mention it is also home to Bessie, the monster of lake Erie

Code:

Would probably have to be Monkey D Luffy. I have talked to him a few times and he seems like a really cool dude. He's pretty chill and seems like he would be fun to hang with on a night out on the town. I think he's also from the East Coast, which I have not visited before. So it would be interesting to see a new place as well.

Code:

Win

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Code:

This was my peak TPE season and, accordingly, the season in which I had my best performance on the ice. I was the top TPE player on the ice, moving to a new position (center) and with a renewed focus on a two-way game. I had a decent two-way build before but it seems like playing center instead of wing exaggerates the defensive abilities of the player here. My points were decent - I had seen more in test sims, but I won't complain (toivo stole my goals lol) - as were my takeaways - again, I had seen more in test sims but that's alright. This season and next I'll be a big proponent of Game Rating being a legitimate stat that matters a lot, though once regression sinks in and my GR starts going down with it I think I'll be less of a fan. In this season, I had a great GR Smile One season of regression is no biggie so i'm looking forward to next season!

Code:
Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I do believe I've come up with something worse than what FHM currently runs. It keeps the (bad) part where we let in 3 teams from each division, but gets rid of byes. For the first round of playoffs (and only the first round!) we shift to a triangular rink, with three nets. Here, we play 1 on 1 on 1 hockey. A "best of X" series no longer works here, so we do "first to 3" games won means you win the series. In this first round, 8 teams get eliminated, with 4 moving on. Those 4 play semifinals and then finals on standard ice in a regular rink, so only that first round has the three-ways.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE
Write an SHL themed Haiku Sonnet (see link below) which I just learned is a real thing. The format is: Haiku Haiku Haiku Haiku Couplet

Atlanta Inferno
Forever linked together
Seattle Argos

Season fifty six
Inaugural for both 'em
Exciting for all

There is one blue team
That's the Seattle one, yes
There is one red team

Tiggy and hotdog
The two in charge of these teams
Good friends together

Good starts for both teams
See you in my dreams!

Code:

I am excited to see how Norway fares this season. Since I've joined the league, Norway has neither been dominant nor terrible, we're pretty consistently right in the middle. Sometimes we just miss the playoffs, other times we make the playoffs and lose in the first round. That's typically how it goes. In the last several seasons our recruiting has dialed up significantly, and the roster is looking wildly promising right now. I do think we're still a few seasons away but I legit think we can become dominant with this roster in the near future. As for this season, I think the typical squads will be in contention - Great Britain, Canada, United States - and perhaps a team like Japan could sneak in. Czechia is holding onto glory but I know they're getting up there in age, so we shall see. Monkey D Luffy could be a good bet for top scorer in the tournament, what with his elevated TPE and should-be strong linemates.

Code:

Hamilton's arena came up with a few special foods to really bring in the crowds this playoffs. One of note is golden apricot's Golden Apricot Cobbler! It's hastily made and looks like shit, inspired by golden apricot's typing skills and the appearance of most of his messages. It tastes good though! just kinda looks not great. In addition, the Steelhawks arena is giving out busts of Jax Duggan Wink That one i guess is not a food. A special treat is Igor Volkov's borscht. Borscht, for those of you who don't know, is beet soup (typical of eastern european cuisine) and for my money it's kinda nasty lol. Also imagine carrying around a bowl of soup at a sporting event lol damn that sounds horrible. Lastly, they've got a nice (this one actually will be good) big pork butt meal, inspired by hugh jazz's huge ass - this is smoked to perfection and doused in bbq sauce.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

griselda

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Michael Fox started the season in a new locker room with a new coaching staff, new linemates, new teammates, new everything. Going into the season he didn't know what to expect of himself. While the season didn't quite end as well as he had hoped for his team as a whole, he tied a personal record in assists and set a new personal record in total points. Defensively his game took a step back, but with the Los Angeles blueline being what it was, Fox isn't putting much concern into the fact that this was his first season with a negative plus/minus since his rookie season in S48. Next season, Fox is unsure about what his focus is going to be. The possibility of swapping to defense has passed through his mind, and with every passing day that possibility keeps growing on him. Only time will tell where things go from here for Michael Fox.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Season 46, Buffalo versus New Orleans. Buffalo was coming off of a season that saw them end with the 3rd worst record in the league, last place in the East, and 8 points out of a playoff spot. They hadn't made the playoffs since S43 and finished S46 with their best finish as a franchise with 64 points and 28 wins. From their inception in S25, Buffalo had yet to win a Challenge Cup. From the West, New Orleans had no history. They were one of two expansion teams that season and surprised everyone by finishing with the second best record in the West behind the Minnesota Chiefs. No matter who won this series, history would be made. New Orleans started the series with a statement 7-2 win in Buffalo. Buffalo responded with a 3-1 victory, sending the series to New Orleans tied. The two teams proceeded to split the New Orleans set as well, this time Buffalo winning the third game and New Orleans responding in the fourth. Heading into a pivotal game five, New Orleans came from behind in the third period to take a 4-3 victory and a 3-2 series lead. Buffalo, however, had different plans. Two goals in the middle of the second period and a quiet third period of Game 6 sent this series back to Buffalo for a winner-take-all showdown in Game 7. A dominant third period from Buffalo with 20 shots and 3 goals sent New Orleans back home with nothing to show for their efforts. This series, both in terms of the games themselves and the storylines surrounding it make this series not only the most prominent from this list, but likely one of the most entertaining finals in the history of the SHL.

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
For two straight seasons the SMJHL has seen the regular season champion end as a top-5 team all time in terms of final points in a season. Both of these teams won the Four Star Cup. Both of these teams were taken to Game 7s in the semifinals by the same team: the Carolina Kraken. The Kraken have had a very strong run since S49 with only one season having been a losing record. The past two seasons Carolina has entered the playoffs as the #2 seed, finding themselves unfortunately matched up with 2 of the strongest SMJHL teams to ever grace the league. Both times Carolina left it all out on the ice, falling just short of a finals appearance. Both times they put up a better fight than the team opposite of the Cup winners.

Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a) On paper, Hamilton has the better forward group by the slightest of margins, while both teams have nearly identical sets of defensemen. Not taking into account the goalies here, Hamilton has the slightest edge in this matchup just due to having slightly more TPE on the top end of their forward group.
b) Both of these teams have strong strategists behind the curtains. This series was very likely a battle of the minds when it came to tactics. Both teams knew the other was capable of strong adjustments and looking back at the outcome, it is likely that both teams went back and forth with changes until the bitter end.
c) When it is safe to do so, I'm going to finally meet up with my buddy Nour and see if the man, the myth, the legend himself is as well fashioned as Trella makes him out to be. However, I'm making him come to me, Hamilton isn't gonna be a fun place to visit, especially since Gabe is there.

Quote:14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
First of all, I want to extend a congratulations to Hamilton for their Cup victory. Hopefully hell can unfreeze here soon and someone outside of the Great Lakes can win before we all realize this format sucks. Looking back on the series, my MVP has to be Theo Morgan. He did just about everything he was asked of and then some. He was dominant in the regular season and that performance carried over. He is going to be a player to keep your eye on next season and whether or not he will be able to replicate his performance is yet to be seen.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
fham

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 10:35 PM by Nhamlet.)

Code:
It's a bit of a hard one to judge what kind of season I had. I think compared to a lot of other SHL players who would probably kill to have a point total like I did (10 goals, 24 assists) plus with so many of my fellow rookies all competing to shine amongst one another, being right near the top with the top scorers was also a big deal. So looking at it from that lens, I would be remiss to think that my season was anything but a major success. Getting to play with some very skilled players like Martin Westbroeke and Nick Connolly made all the difference I think and could easily attribute to 90% of what my success has been to them. The ultimate goal in the end was to win the Jesster and it's a bit of an all or nothing outlook. Going forward, I'll look to improving my player's physical play so that he's more of a monster in puck possession.

Code:
Okay, so this isn't entirely original but taking one of the suggestions from the SHL aka Swedish Hockey League is that teams who are in the higher seeds will be able to pick who they play next, rather than a straight seeding situation. However, we're going to take this to the next level by saying that since everybody loves lotteries, we'll include that in this system. Teams with better records get higher percentages in the lottery. They could choose a bye (4 spots for the "division winners") or choose a team to face in the next round. The lottery will apply to all teams in the playoffs so the 12 seed could absolutely win first and pick to have a first round bye at least to see themselves lives for another day.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE
Write an SHL themed Haiku Sonnet (see link below) which I just learned is a real thing. The format is: Haiku Haiku Haiku Haiku Couplet
Haiku Sonnet

Simulation site
Gathers many fans of sim
Watching youtube live

Reading text on screen
Praying to RNGesus
Hoping for a dub

Superstition reigns
Locker room spamming emotes
Connected by dots

Music request was
A great idea at first
But channel strikes suck

We all should and we all shall
Always give our love to Kal

Code:
Obvious choice for me but Chicago not making it as a result of the reverse sweep and losing to Buffalo in overtime of game 7 in the Conference finals just absolutely hurts. As for why, they were better than any other team that had made the playoffs minus Hamilton with a slight edge over team such as Manhattan and Buffalo. I believe us to have a great matchup versus Buffalo, less so versus Manhattan and to get the matchup that you would have wanted but also not make the most of that opportunity on a season that should be a contention one adds to the layer with all the saltiness.

Code:
a) It's kind of after the fact but I think that I would have put both teams just at an even stand still head to head for about 90% of the way. They both have some lower TPE players as well as massive almost 2k earners. However what might set them apart is the fact that Doyle does have the TPE advantage over Jobin. You'd think that means that Buffalo should have the goaltending edge but...
b) I noticed that Buffalo leaned hard into their strategy of going top 2 heavy and leaving their 3rd line and 3rd pair to be bench warmers for the most part. It's what got them against the Manhattan and Chicago series if my memory serves me correctly, and would be surprised to see them go in a balanced route against a team who similarly has the talent and loaded up their respective top 2 lines.
c) I think it's clear that Lake Ontario is the greatest of them all because it's honestly the only one that I remember. Despite being a Canadian, living out west means that bodies of water consisted of the two main oceans and the local swimming pool. At one point if you were to ask me to name each of the Great Lakes I might have just blanked on all of them, except for Lake Ontario because it might have been the only one I could remember and therefore the best.
d) I would pick @Lime because he seems like an international man of mystery no matter what he may lead everybody else to believe. To get to know what makes this man tick, and how he became the meme that he is would be of scientific and personal curiosity. Plus I'm sure that he could teach me to make graphics in person or something.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

tea

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 01:47 PM by CaptainCrazy.)

Code:
[Image: unnamed.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
[Image: Hockey-Puck-Mug-black.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship hat for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup championship hat for the SMJHL is ok as well.)
[Image: 1-1.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: papers-co-sf03-dark-blue-ocean-gradation...er-640.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
Both teams have an impressive roster on paper. If I have to talk about skaters, I think Hamilton is a bit better. They have four skaters over 2000 TPE which is pretty insane. Then they have 4 more players over 1500 TPE. And six more over 1000 TPE. So in total, they have 14 players who can play a big role in SHL.
Now let's take a at Buffalo. They have "just" 3 skaters over 2000 TPE. 5 players are in 1500-2000 TPE range but 6 players are in 1000-1499 TPE range. So also Buffalo has 14 skaters over 1000 TPE but I still think that Hamilton is better. That's why they won Challenge Cup.

115 words

1 TPE

Code:
Verification word - Wind

3 TPE

TOTAL:
16/16

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Code:
Words = 191
I am going to be brutally honest here, FR Finn-Rhys was, quite simply, the best defenseman that no one has ever heard of in the league. Like, seriously, I crushed it this season. I scored goals, I tallied assists, I had a decent plus-minus rating, I was solid with my checking and I blocked more than a few shots. If you are looking for the best all-around defenseman no one has heard of then look no further than FR Finn-Rhys. I am super stoked with how well I played this season. Like, totally pumped. If I could do this every season then I would because I think being a solid two-way defenseman is more valuable to the team than being solely offensively minded or solely defensively minded. I think a lot of my improvement this season came to my Renaissance man attitude when it comes to training. I am actively trying to be good at a lot of things but a master of none of them. Balance is my watchword when it comes to training and further developing my game and I think that is what has really set me apart.

Code:
Words = 183
I am biased and I am ok with that, but the S49 finals where Edmonton defeated New England to win the championship is probably the most memorable, at least for me. I was a brand new player for the Halifax Raiders and that was the season I had been drafted by Edmonton with the fourth pick of the draft. That series I was fortunate enough to be called up and I got to play a few shifts and I actually wasn’t horrible. I played like a scrub third line defenseman but really, I played more like a scrub third line defenseman with promise. All of that to say that my personal involvement in winning the cup that season is what makes it so memorable to me. It may not go down as the wildest or most lop-sided championship series in the history of the league but for me it was, and will always be, the most memorable series I have been a part of and it made me want to stay in this league and keep completing for another shot at the cup.

Code:
Words = 208
If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it. If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble then the best candidate to host as the hub city would have to be Edmonton. If it was good enough for the NHL then it should be good enough for the SHL. The infrastructure is already there and taken care of. League officials literally have to go in, change a few banners and voila we have our bubble city. 3 broke then don’t fix it. If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble then the best candidate to host as the hub city would have to be Edmonton. If it was good enough for the NHL then it should be good enough for the SHL. The infrastructure is already there and taken care of. League officials literally have to go in, change a few banners and voila we have our bubble city. Not only that, but the hotels and the population totally expect some more hockey players to show up and keep playing hockey, which is a bonus. Add in the beautiful scenery that players can take in from their hotel rooms when they aren’t too busy playing video game tournaments and you have a winner in Edmonton.

Code:
Words = 55
Frankly, the team with the best roster of skaters is probably Hamilton. It pains me to say it but they just find a way to win, which I know goes into the strategy talk, but they are just a solid team from top to bottom and would likely be successful with whatever strategy they played.

Code:
Words = 68
I am ardently opposed to changing things up strategy wise when you get into the playoffs. What got you here is what is going to win the cup. Unless you have a really good idea of how your players will respond to the changes, I would say don’t change a thing and just play your game. Force your opponent to adjust to you, not the other way around.

Code:
Words = 72
Yeah, Ontario, Michigan, Erie and Superior are the more well remembered of the Great Lakes but I am a Lake Huron kind of guy. For one, it is a badass name for a lake. I kind of lean towards First Nations history and the Huron were a legitimately fascinating people. Plus, the Huron play a role in one of my favorite movies, Last of the Mohicans, so I’m going for Lake Huron.

Code:
Words = 63
I would probably hand out with Aaron Wilson. I would be torn though. His ability to develop strategies that maximize players talents is unquestionable and I would love to pick his brain about some of the advanced statistics he uses. It would be tough though because I hate that he wins so much which makes me detest him as a player and coach.

Code:
Oreo

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Task 1
Let’s put this short – my player is in SHL for 9 seasons. In that time and space, he ended up having a 300+ hit season, several 100+ SB seasons, and this season I hit 30 points for the first time. I think Andrej decided that being called “old“ and “regressing“ is extremely insulting to him, so he just went off and I am mildly surprised at just how flexible this single DFD actually is. Obviously, 31 points won’t blow too many people’s pants away, but for a player that had scored 15-ish for half of his career, yeah that’s fucking bonkers. Would have been even better with some extra team success, after all Manhattan’s time in the top flight of the league is getting shorter and we need to use it better than we have, and another 2nd round exit is not exactly it, chief. But from the individual standpoint yeah there is absolutely nothing else that would make this season any better, really.

Task 2
Personal bias would obviously say MAN over SFP, simply because that’s the cup I won, plus it’s one of the few series where you didn’t get the BUF/HAM/EDM/NOLA all over again trying to beat each other’s ass. But, I absolutely cannot take it away from the S50 series between Calgary and Tampa Bay. As much as it is probably a quite traumatazing experience for some of the guys on that Tampa team, getting reverse swept in the finals is one in a thousand and I while I think we see a few reverse sweeps here and there, the fact that Calgary somehow, someway managed to get it done in the finals is just making that such an insanely memorable series to me. Coupled with the absolute explosion of a rebuild that Tampa started with very soon afterwards, this single series might have been a reason for the 0-50 Tampa season we got a little bit later, adding up to the absolute stupidity and historical value of this final.

Task 3
I feel like making one that is worse is fairly simple. Bottom 4 teams get a bye, forced division winners 1st round, shit like this shouldn’t be hard to come around with. But dumber? I doubt that there are a lot of options for making something that is actively dumber than this while attempting to not be horrible. You would have to figure out how to butcher something like the double elimination bracket to a point where winning the series would somehow be worse for you than losing them, but I lack the knowledge for that to be really done I feel.

Task 6
SHL teams would probably include the trio of Chicago/Manhattan/Edmonton. Since we would like to ideally only pick one of them, I would probably go with Chicago, even if by a pretty small margin honestly. As for why, I assume regular season factors into that a fair bit. For SMJHL, that’s likely going to be someone from the conference finals losers, Anchorage or Carolina, but obviously I think that the answer here is once again going to be the Kraken, losing in 7 to the #1 seed and the eventual champions twice in 2 seasons. Again, being the 2nd best team, ahead of Anchorage to beat them for the best non-finals team, and the other contender top 4 teams like Nevada that lost to Anchorage, or Anaheim being upset in the first round, I think don’t really make a compelling enough case for themselves either.

Task 16
explosion

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]