Create Account

S57 mPT #1 - Offseason Moves

I think that without a doubt San Francisco Pride is the team to look at here. With six total picks in the S57 draft, they have made full use of their many picks in the later rounds. Yes, some of their picks may be on the weak side, picking up around 100-120 TPE since starting, but TPE is not a race, but a marathon. Even if these picks are behind the top of the current draft class, San Francisco has already reactivated some of their motivation and got their activity back. Let's go through their picks one by one and list strengths, weaknesses and why they are a good pick.

First pick, 7th overall - Ruggs McOooh, LD (350 TPE)

Honestly, McOooh is a pick good enough to himself be rated as a great draft pick and valuable enough to just be put in this mPT alone. A defensive defenseman that is on top in activity, has a job and earns TPE at a top rate. Ruggsy is a great dude and will fit into any locker room with ease. To further demonstrate this, he was recently named alternate captain in Colorado Raptors with a lot of praise from his GMs.

Strengths: High TPE and good TPE earner, a good fit for any locker room.
Weaknesses: Low bank balance.

Second pick, 19th overall - Jarmo Kekalainen, LW (374 TPE)

Another pick that comes from Colorado Raptors, Kekalainen has without a doubt proven himself at the start of this current season. 8 points in 5 games is a great start and together with Ruggsy, these two picks are amazing for San Francisco. With Kekalainen they get a great offensive player that is very alike their first pick except offensive instead of defensive. But also, a player with even higher TPE.  What he lacks in the leadership that Ruggsy brings, he makes up for in good activity and earning.

Strengths: High TPE and good TPE earner, high bank balance.
Weaknesses: -

Third pick, 31st overall - Igor Petrov, C (293 TPE)

An early below 300 TPE pick coming from QCC, Petrov must have made a great impression on the GMs in Pride. Petrov is not a bad pick but the lack of a high earning rate rate and currently a relatively low TPE total poses a risk. Despite that, he looks like a still solid choice for a future spot in the SHL. At 31st overall in the relatively weak class that S57 draft class was, Petrov is a great pickup.

Strengths: Decent TPE and decent TPE earner.
Weaknesses: Risk of earning too slowly, low bank balance.

Fourth pick, 32nd overall - Mikael Koskinen, RW (357 TPE)

Whoa, how did this man slip so far? Koskinen as a fourth pick and 32 overall is SFP's third pick in the second round. A second pick from QCC which makes it clear where SFP had their scouts looking towards. Koskinen has started his second season in the SMJHL very well and shows very good promise for the future as he is at the second place of most TPE of the players that San Francisco chose to draft. Great pick at this time in the draft!

Strengths: High TPE and good TPE earner, very high bank balance.
Weaknesses: -

Fifth pick, 36th overall - Sonata Diamente, C (272 TPE)

As we drop down to the last pick in the second round we find Diamente. Yet another player from Colorado. At this point most of the "valuable" players had already been picked and as such a 272 TPE player at 36 OA is not a bad pick by any means. Like Petrov, Diamente was surely judged to be a good pick with potential to grow even better with some extra encouragement.

Strengths: Decent TPE, draft seems to have returned Diamente's activity.
Weaknesses: Low TPE earning rate, risk of earning too slowly, low bank balance.

Sixth pick, 37th overall - Anna Pontecorvo, LW (249 TPE)

As the first pick in the third round and the last pick for San Francisco in the S57 draft is Kelowna Knights player Pontecorvo. Which for the first time marks a pick from San Francisco outside Colorado or Quebec. Pontecorvo may have a low amount of TPE as well as a low earning rate, but much like Diamente, her activity seems to have returned after the draft.

Strengths: Draft seems to have returned Pontecorvo's activity.
Weaknesses: Low TPE, low TPE earning rate, risk of earning too slowly, low bank balance.

Summary:
To sum it all up, I think that San Francisco Pride did the best draft this season. Their picks are clearly well thought out to fill their future needs as well as picking good players in general. Combine this with the strategy to pick players of the same SMJHL teams to make their transition to the new locker room an easier experience. The first four picks are looking really strong in future earning rate and I have no doubts that the lack of bank balance for most of these players will be easily fixed with the help of media. The last two picks may have been more risky, but that is something San Francisco easily could afford since they already had four strong picks earlier as well as a place in the future SFP roster that is currently filled with many IA players. In a couple seasons when these people get their callups to the SHL, I am quite confident that they are all going to have a chance for winning the best rookie award, as long as they stay active. San Francisco future is truly something to look forward to. Great job Thatguy91 and AgentSmith630!

Code:
937 words

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

For the Wolfpack, trading up to the first overall pick was huge, as we got a potentially generational talent. To add to that the draft haul the Wolfpack got is nice, meaning the team is going to be real good in the future.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Buffalo drafted Aumy Jr. in s54 with a late pick on a player nobody else wanted to touch with a ten foot pole, and it paid off for them. I think @st4rface really cleaned up his act and has been a fine user lately while still updating his player to stay at the top of his draft class. He was recently called up and is already close to reaching 1k TPE. I'm looking forward to see what he can do on Buffalo's blue line.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Our team did nothing I think so I believe we did nothing. The only thing we did was add a 1st rounder to our team for the first time in a very long which I like so yeah, the same team, just need different luck.

[Image: giphy.gif]

The move that stands out the most for me is the draft-day trade for 1OA. The Wolfpack had a clear idea of who they wanted, and they did what they needed to do to make sure they would be able to bring him home.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

LAP scooping up Mr Poopity might really help them earn the over and post a +0.500 record. A big signing like that, even though he's inactive, can bolster the burgeoning depth of the Panthers and surprise some Prediction PTs!

The Wolfpack trading up and taking Jonathan Granstrom first overall was an excellent move; he is a generational talent that can be a star pivot for them for seasons to come. Brimming with talent, enthusiasm, and dedication, he will pack a punch with his on the ice skills and his off the ice training regiment. And he certainly can boost activity and contribute to a good locker room environment. He has an excellent personality, very friendly and intelligent with plenty of interesting stories to share. He was a guy that really stood out from the rest, and it was an excellent move for New England to see Tampa shopping that pick and pounce on the opportunity. Swedish first overall picks tend to pan out and become elite, certainly a good track record and international development program behind them, so this seems like a safe bet to obtain a future 2K TPE super star. Trust me, in 7 seasons time this guy is going to be at the top of the scoring charts, he is already making a difference at the junior level and it is just a matter of time before it translates to the pros. In a shallow draft class like this, it makes even more sense to go for the S tier guys instead of going for the scraps in the later first round picks; not that there are not steals and good players mixed in among the lower prestige prospects, the Rage’s Sandeen pick at 13 already looks like a smart steal, but Granström is just in a league of his own. You can’t compare good prospects to a one of a kind prospect like that, he is the real deal and it will be a treat for Wolfpack fans to follow his development. He is going to be the only guy in the system who has the merit to replace Slap McShotty, a career, quality, high TPE center who has been a pillar of their first line. His trajectory will take him to the top and make him a name that is remembered for generations. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays in New England for his career, achieves the captain title, finally carries them to that Challenge Cup they have craved for so long, and when all is said and done, gets his number retired by the Wolfpack and voted into the Hall of Fame. He is going to be that good, and they will reflect on that trade to first overall as the smartest thing they could have done.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I think the trade made by the Minnesota Monarchs to acquire 2nd overall as well as trading prospects with Hamilton was a great move as the Monarchs were able to draft a future super star on the blue line.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

The off-season move that was the best of all of them was Erben Kasius not showing up to practice all off-season. It allowed him plenty of time to rest and he showed up in top form just 5 days into the regular season. Exemplary role model of a player.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

Best move I have seen is HAM calling up the future GOAT, Rotticus Scott. He is just a killer and with his recent four-star, HAM can finally experience what it is like to have a winner on the team.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

The Vancouver Whalers lost numerous players to SHL clubs, but decided to stay put during the draft and are simply signing free agents, using players from previous drafts, and did make a selection or two to fill out the roster. They still have several players who contributed to last year's championship team and are hoping for some success with what they have instead of trading away their 425s for future picks.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Tampa Bay traded the first overall pick to New England for 2 first round picks and a second round pick. Now, Tampa Bay doesn't need more prospects, but these picks can be used to maybe trade for a piece that they can't pass up, or they can just keep trading these picks back until they need them. However they choose to use them, this trade got them a lot of value for a pick they didn't want to make and is surely going to help down the line.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

SFP made lots of Draft picks. They are good picks. It's 11pm and I'm tired and I almost forgot to do this. That is my reasoning for SFP being clear winners this off-season.

(In all honesty though, it's probably LAP)

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The Calgary Dragons offseason featured the callups of three huge players for their future. Mats Marner, Cale Amundsen, and Mack Daddy, all of which will be huge. These guys are gonna do fantastic things, as Mack Daddy is a Center with 806 TPE, Cale Amundsen is a Goalie with 914 TPE, and Mats Marner is another Center with 938 TPE. Cale and Mats come from the Newfoundland Berserkers whereas Mack was on the Colorado Raptors. I wouldn't be surprised if all three of them are in the race for rookie of the year, but my money is certainly on Marner to take home the trophy this season. All three are huge guys to watch, it's gonna be amazing to see what they do!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

A move that stands out to me is the return and long extension for 3rd line center Luca Veccelli. A return to activity at a nice team deal for 3 seasons is a big boost for Manhattan.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]