Create Account

Being in juniors as a recreate sucks ass

Recreates should be given the option to have a one and done experience in the juniors. The juniors system was never meant to have players stay down for 4+ seasons, let alone recreates. SBA recently added a new rule that lets players who achieved a certain amount of TPE on their last player skip the juniors league as a whole and go straight into the big leagues draft. I don't see why we can't let users whose previous players have reached 1500+ TPE and have a big account of over 50 million skip juniors for a certain cost. The juniors aren't meant for them and I think being stuck in juniors for 4 seasons as the norm is the reason why we see so many recreates burnout. If I didn't care about Hamilton and didn't enjoy doing the HoF part of the site I'd likely be inactive by now. Maybe I am in the minority for this opinion idk.

[Image: 3.png]

I would disagree, my time in Newfoundland as a recreate really brought back my spark and enjoyment for the SHL and is the reason why I am so active today. I personally asked Esa to stay down in Newfoundland so I could play all four season for them so I think it has a lot to do with what team you get drafted to in the juniors

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

the update scale still plays a huge part in this. both the update scale and the juniors TPE cap need to be considered, so we can have an equitable juniors experience while still giving players the mobility to play in the SHL as true rookies

This is funny to me because having another go at juniors is one of the things I’m looking forward to when gunnar dies ?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I think the time in the J is too long for first gens too (and I’m a GM that benefits from players staying down longer).

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

I feel like I’ve heard this enough that HO should actually look into it. There’d be a lot of details that need to be ironed out before it could be implemented

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

I was thinking the same, and would be down to pay to skip juniors as well. Not sure how SBA does it, but my random thoughts below.

Since your essential skipping juniors, I felt like the player would be placed in the draft class that is just aging out, or one that has 1 season of juniors left. Not sure how tpe would work, based on max earner or taking an average of the top 10 earners in the class you join.

Then raises the problem with the draft. Would there be a separate draft for these users / players? Waiver system?

I’ve enjoyed my time in anchorage. But being banked for like 3 seasons kills the drive.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 02:41 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Wouldn’t this be more of a player/GM thing... u can take a 1 or 2 season contract and then as a FA see who can offer u a role in the SHL..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 04:04 AM by ACapitalChicago.)

01-08-2021, 12:29 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: This is funny to me because having another go at juniors is one of the things I’m looking forward to when gunnar dies ?

Same here. I love my time and team in the SHL right now, but there's something about the J that just has that spark I can't wait to be back for. Grok brings up a good point that most of this is because of the update scale and juniors TPE cap. We must be extremely cautious when editing either because of the widespread impact that even small changes can have on both the J and the SHL. I don't think outright skipping the J is an effective solution as the reason so many stay down for so long is the lack of ability to break into the SHL as a low TPE total player, and what SHL teams will want to bring on someone who just created and has low amounts of TPE?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I could see some kind of feature implented where people could 'skip' SMJHL seasons, and receive part of the TPE they couldve earned in those seasons to go directly to the SHL. Say (and Im just pulling numbers out of my ass here) max earning is considered 150 TPE for a season. So after max earning for four seasons, youd be around 750 TPE (4 seasons + starting). You could skip the 4 Js seasons, and start with 600 TPE in the SHL directly. Obviously, the skipped seasons still count towards regression.

So you can chose to either skip the Js, but not max earn.
Or go through the Js to max earn.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

01-08-2021, 05:15 AMMutedfaith Wrote: I could see some kind of feature implented where people could 'skip' SMJHL seasons, and receive part of the TPE they couldve earned in those seasons to go directly to the SHL. Say (and Im just pulling numbers out of my ass here) max earning is considered 150 TPE for a season. So after max earning for four seasons, youd be around 750 TPE (4 seasons + starting). You could skip the 4 Js seasons, and start with 600 TPE in the SHL directly. Obviously, the skipped seasons still count towards regression.

So you can chose to either skip the Js, but not max earn.
Or go through the Js to max earn.

I do fully agree with this, if you skip you shouldn't be able to max earn as it is a commitment to do so.

However, I do believe the current scale do need to be updated to make the J more engaging. If you max earn you'll cap out for the 425 in your 2nd season, but can't apply that until 3rd and then you're not able to do anything for 2 seasons (most cases). I think there needs to be some sort of possibility to update for the 4th season as well

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

4 seasons in the J, everybody makes the playoffs. 66 games that mean basically nothing. Just banking away.

Eventually you move into the big leagues, perhaps into a rebuilding team that is not going to be near the top for literally a year, OR maybe you move into a good team, but into a smaller role. Either way, that is 1.5-2 years after creating the player and you are just entering the ''good times''.

I don't think that juniors is a bad experience for recreates although they tend to be a bit less engaged than first gens, which is kinda understandable and hard to counter I think. There does seem to be a bit of an issue though where a lot of recreates burn out rather quickly even when they had very successful first players, and it might be worth imploring if this is because of some structural issues that we might be able to fix or if its just the nature of a game like this which just isn't as fresh and exciting anymore when you've gone through it all before.

I love juniors, recreating and playing the J again has been fun.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Shouldnt you ask your GM to bring up you up sooner? if he cant do that, then what's the point in complaining? There's no room, so you'd be stuck there anyway.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]