Create Account

S58 PT #5 New Award

I think there should be a Black & Blue award, awarded to the player who puts their body on the line every single game. A player who thoughtlessly gets in front of as many pucks as possible, who isn't afraid to play the body at any chance they can get and also someone who won't hesitate to drop the gloves. The criteria would be to have at least 200 blocked shots, 100 hits and at least one scrap. Looking at this seasons stats, there are conveniently 3 players who fit this criteria, giving us our 3 nominees. Jakob Hamr from Tampa Bay had 222 blocks, 180 hits and dropped the gloves once and won that fight. Second player is, Satoshi Zizagooney, the Seattle defender recorded 236 blocks, 109 hits and 2 fights to his name. An lastly, Lyle Odelein III, who lead the league in blocked shots with 305, he also had 170 hits and had one tussle this season. These three players would be a great representation of the Black & Blue award, all of them deserving of the title.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

This is an award that is given to the player that leads his team in penalty minutes despite not being a goon or aggressor. Additionally the player needs to be known for not playing physical and not getting into the dirty areas on the ice. The reason my player would win this is because I am building a pure playmaking winger, and what do you know I just ended S58 leading the New England Wolfpack in penalty minutes, the only stat I was top 3 in. I don’t normally play aggressive or throw hits, yet it seems I am in a steady relationship with the box and the refs hate my face and guts. Seems that everygame I am taking a penalty for some stupid reason, and am starting to see myself as either a reckless player or a goon despite not having the skills to be one.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

the new award in the shl should be the michael scarn salesman award for excellency and should be given to whichever player is best able to sell calls to get his team on the power play. in hockey, drawing penalties can be considered somewhat of an art since it gives your team a substantial advantage for the next 2 minutes with a man advantage and really applies extra pressure on the opposing net as well as better opportunity for possession of the puck. as such, being able to sell calls to the referees on the ice can be a very valuable skill. being able to sell products and things is a fine art, and referees generally do an okay job of seeing things as they are, so the ability to sell a call and draw a penalty from the other team should be applauded. as such, the michael scarn salesman award is basically another mvp award.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Fileworker PT pass.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

There are more then one award which comes to my mind for a new award category! The first award has to be an award which is given to an award commite who gives out an award to a player whom deserves it and not just has good stats on a good team. (Jokes the award team does an awsome job and it's hard to devide whom wins an award)
Another one goes to the player with the most tpe but the worst stat line. Like winning this award has to be one of the most difficult things there ever was.
Another one goes to the player with the least abg playing minute but the best stat line. A 4th line scrub with awsome stats has to be one of the best things out there. And also one of the most deserving players ever...
And the last one goes to @tron for being an old but great geezer. Love you mate

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

The newest award in the SHL should be something every player should be able to win if they put their mind to it. That's why we're introducing the 'You got heart kid' award. The criteria for an award that anyone can win should not rely on on the ice skill as some players are clearly better than others. Instead the award revolves around your commitment to your teammates and the integral part of hockey that is fighting. The 'You got heart kid' award shall go to the player who lost the most fights in the regular season. For it to be an award that can be voted on still, its not a purely numeric award and instead more embarrasing fight losses can count more towards winning this award. Everyone can put themselves on the line to attempt to stand up for their teammates and even the smallest guys can win this award. Some may say that this precludes people who are good at winning fights from winning this award but to them we say, just fight a lot more people, you'll eventually lose some.

To create a new award that would be given out to the rookie in the SHL with the most shot blocks, while also having the highest win percentage of face offs taken (with at least 100 face offs taken during the season). The recipient would also have to score exactly 11 goals for a total of 20 points. The recipient would also not be allowed to have more than 20 penalty minutes during the season.
Additionally it would also be awarded to players with a name that has taken inspiration from a comic book.

This prestigious and extremely difficult award to be awarded would be called: The fake comic book character accolade for best simulation hockey league player awarded only during one season.

As there is only 1 player in the league who is eligible for the prestigious award, namely Clavin Hobbes, the vote on who to give the award to was unanimous in favour for Calvin Hobbes of the New England Wolfpack

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

ISFL Ultimus Week

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

The award I would is the Tom Fiddler Excellence award for very big pp. Basically every player who finishes with exactly 69 of any stat automatically wins the award, as it's less of a competition and more of commendation. Users with bad players can win with hits, or shot blocks, or they can be big pp like me and score 69 points. You heard it right, it is named after me because I am so excellent. Guy Zheng has also won this award this season for scoring 69 points. Andrey Barbashev II is also given this award for 69 Shots on goal. Luffy Richard and Augustus Wang receive this award for 69 hits. Elias Kierkegaard, Anders Christiansen, and Atlas Rush win this award for 69 shot blocks. Slap McShotty, Jakub Bruchevski , Dominic Montgomery are awarded this prize for an average Defensive game rating of 69. Sabo Tage wins this award for an average of 69 seconds on the penalty kill.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

The Award that any bum-ass player can win is the Coattail Award. This award goes to players that do almost absolutely nothing to help out statistically and just ride on the coattails of all the other great players. These players are not necessarily liabilities on the ice defensively but they just don't contribute to the scoring. Maybe its just pure luck that they are on the ice when the team scores. 
Lord Raiden is definitely a candidate for this award. He only produced 22 points in 66 games. 2nd worst on the team for Forwards and produced these abysmal numbers while playing on the 2nd line for the Baltimore Platoon. Raiden definitely rode the coattails of several players but mainly Ivan Maximus, his Centerman on the 2nd line, who scored almost double the amount of points. Raiden also doesn't do much else to help the team. His shots on goal (114 - 8th most on team), Hits (65 - 12th on team), Shots blocked (53 - 12th on team), Takeaways (10th on team). So it goes to show that Raiden is definitely riding on the Coattails of his teammates on the platoon.
-189 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

To this point Noel Blanchet hasn't really excelled at one particular thing so there isn't much for stats that stand out enough to win an award. However in terms of comparison to his Colorado teammates, he could maybe put his hand up for an all-rounder award. Blanchet pretty much can do anything and everything for the Raptors. He's amongst the leading scorers on his team with 32 points (leader has 35). He can shoot, hit, block shots, is a great playmaker, and most notable of all is his defensive play. While he isn't outstanding in terms of hits, shot blocks or takeaways, he does the little things in the game defensively that don't always go noticed and this has resulted in a 68 game rating, highest amongst forwards on his team and 4th highest amongst forwards in the league. He can really do anything you ask of him and prides himself on that, so if I had to make up an award he could win it would be the best all-rounder (maybe this is just the same as a two-way forward award, idk).

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

There should definitely be a sportsmanship award for least PIMs. We have the Turd Ferguson for most PIMs, but why are we encouraging such nasty play? Ok the Ferguson can stay as tradition, but we should definitely have an award to counteract it. Atlanta's Maximilian Egger is probably the poster boy for this award. This season he was tied with Buffalo's own Seppala for least PIMs at 2. In seasons 56 and 57 he managed 0 PIMs which is absurd for someone that plays every game. Therefore I think the award should be called the Maximilian Egger Award. Ok so maybe I wouldn't win this season, but I was very close at just 10 PIMs. Maybe if they made it a team award Buffalo could win, we seem to play pretty clean. That way I would technically get the award. Though it probably is more fun to try for the Ferguson...

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Since I have a huge ego and desire to be the best of the best, this award is clearly awarded to the best captain. Since Granström is captain of the Falcons, he is a clear contender to win this. Now this award might be a bit odd but what is not odd right now? So, the award is a fight between the captains, of course both in the SHL and SMJHL, I will however focus on SMJHL since that's where I could (and would) win the award right now. So, best captain? Why Granström?

Well first of all, the best captain award is clearly cut off since there's only a few actual players that could recieve it. I guess you could include ass caps but they are ass caps and not captains for a reason. Well, the only other captains don't really provide a challenge this year. Granström has put up a solid production, a good +/-, quite a few blocks, a ton of hits and a bit of time in the penalty box. This means not only is he productive but also very good at putting respect in the opponents and standing up for the team. A clear winner of the best captain award which is based on good stats but also leadership (difficult to determine) as well as how much the captain stands up for his teammates on the ice.

Congratulations Jonathan Granström!

(235 words)

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

The BUST Award!
The name says everything you have to know about that award. We do honor so many heroic performances with many different awards. But why do we not honor or embarrass player that hade a totally bad season? Would be nice to give out an Award to such a player, the BUST Award. The trophy would be a fist that shows you the middle finger or just a door with a sign saying “EXIT”. Because that’s the only way that is left for him. Because the Award has a rule come along with him. If you win it, you are not allowed to play any longer in the SHL. Your contract if you still have one will be determinate and no SHL team is allowed to sing you anymore. So, the only thing you still could do is to retire. But to be honest, if you win that award, retire is probably the best thing you have done in a while.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

One award I'd love to see created is one for goalies that are playing on teams on the bottom half of the league-wide standings, and as such, who's overall numbers look fairly average - even if they might be having an amazing season on a struggling team. We're already seeing an attempt at recognizing said goalies with the Goalie Score media pieces that are published throughout the season, initiative of fellow user/goalie Duff101, but I'd like this award to prioritize the number of shots per game a goalie receives on average, and the number of Quality Starts a goalie gives a team, and comparing it to the amount of wins the team has overall (I know STHS used to do it, but not FHM - so we'd have to calculate it by hand... which may be tricky). After that, the "regular" stats would come into account, such as the save percentage, GAA or the amount of shutouts. I'd tentatively call it the "Shield Wall" award, for the unsung heroes that get bombarded nightly, yet still give their team a chance to win in any given game.

(192 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!