Create Account

SMJHL Simmer Team Announcement
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 12:05 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Howdy SMJHL Community,

We in J HO are happy to announce a new change that’ll be taking place next season for the J. In short, we will be transitioning to the utilization of a Simmer Team instead of our current Primary & Backup Simmer model. The specifics of this have been ironed out behind the metaphorical curtain, but the gist is we will have three equal members of our sim team who will pick out their days to sim in advance. The streams will still look and act as normal in terms of layout and location, so there shouldn’t be much noticeable change.

We hope this change will help maintain the stability we’ve enjoyed thanks to our two amazing simmers Smith & Sparky. We also hope this will prevent the potential of burnout by relying on one person doing too much. We also also hope to shut up Sve7en so he finally stops asking about this.

Please head over to THIS LINK to apply for our third position if you’re interested!

F.A.Q.:

Quote:Why?
We love our simmers and don’t want to burn them out. By relying on three people equally we hope that the overall workload is lessened to make things easier for each of them.

Quote:What are the responsibilities of this new position?
The same of a regular J Simmer, but more spread out. Head over to the link above for more details!

Quote:When?
This change will be taking effect next Juniors League regular season, S60.

Quote:Will this be reflected in the rulebook?
Minor changes to the rulebook, such as changing “Simmer” to “Simmers” will happen, but the overall position of the Simmer is not codified in the rulebooks so the rulebook will not need a large-scale change.

Quote:Ph
But why

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

What's the workload/responsibility breakdown?

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

04-24-2021, 12:09 PMNhamlet Wrote: What's the workload/responsibility breakdown?

You'll be required to stream the J simulations on your required days on the J Youtube channel. This will also involve checking for line submissions from the GMs, any requested Goalie swaps, importing files, running the J stream and uploading videos, working with the other simmers to cover any days that don't work for someone, and some others that I'm probably missing. It's a tough job so we include a PT pass in addition to the pay. Let me know if you or anyone else want more specifics!

S66 Damian Littleton

Do we know if there were any IIHF/WJC simmer apps, and if there were not what would make you think that doing this with a more complicated and longer time commitment will see people apply?

04-24-2021, 12:25 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Do we know if there were any IIHF/WJC simmer apps, and if there were not what would make you think that doing this with a more complicated and longer time commitment will see people apply?

IIHF/WJC and the applications for their positions are not something I personally have knowledge of, that is something people in that part of the site will have to comment on. I'm not sure I'd agree with it being more complicated, in essence it's just streaming only a third of the J season on days the simmer will select in tandem with the other members of the team. We have support staff in fileworkers as well as ourselves in J HO able to help them out as needed to help make the job easier wherever we can. In addition, the PT Pass doesn't hurt getting people to apply. If we need to adjust payout, incentives, or other support structures to help our J Simmers we can do that as well.

S66 Damian Littleton

04-24-2021, 12:04 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: We also also hope to shut up Sve7en so he finally stops asking about this.

Hell yeah brother.

I was actually drafting a new suggestion box post lol

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

04-24-2021, 01:35 PMsve7en Wrote:
04-24-2021, 12:04 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: We also also hope to shut up Sve7en so he finally stops asking about this.

Hell yeah brother.

I was actually drafting a new suggestion box post lol

[Image: NotLikeThis.png.webp]

S66 Damian Littleton

now do shl

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

ph

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]