Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch

Don't even think about coming to Tampa Bay this offseason IF YOU'RE A DINGUS IDIOT. We're one of (if not THE) youngest teams in the league, and we've got a fully active roster. On top of that, we've got some amazing prospects in the pipeline, so we're not going to dip in quality any time soon. I truly feel like we are going to have one of the best and deepest D cores in the entire league in a couple of seasons. We've got the craziest fucking logo in the league and it's awesome. Our locker room be poppin'. Get blessed by daily motivational addresses from AssCap Michael Fitted. Have the pleasure of speaking to, and maybe even touching, the captain and face of the franchise, Tom Fiddler. Complain to Zoltan about bank issues. There's all sorts of kooky characters in this room. Behind the scenes, you don't need to worry at all about any bad management decisions. Trella and Dwight have brains so big that they have to haul them around in giant coolers.

So yeah. Come to Tampa. Or don't. The team's already full anyway and everyone's fricken dope. Chomp Barracuda Barracuda

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

[Image: fpGO3j9.jpg]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

[Image: unknown.png?width=528&height=683]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

It's hard for me to sell Tampa Bay to free agents as I just got drafted there in the previous SHL draft. I don't feel I'm the right person to describe what the city has to offer as the only time I visited was for the two weeks training camp. I didn't have much time to do anything else but focus on hockey during that time. But roster wise, it would be the perfect opportunity for a top end talent to join the squad, especially a winger or a d-man. The team will unfortunately lose 2 roster players but it should be depth pieces as they should be able to protect their top players and prospects. The Barracuda won't be the most hurt by the expansion draft compare to most teams. They are set to be a dynasty if they can retain all their s53-59 talent and the players keep on improving. One or two 1800+ TPE guys would accelerate the process.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Ironically, Minnesota has always been a team which has struggled to sign Free Agents, but this offseason may be a period where there is some chance to change that. This has been a great season for the Monarchs, one which is above expectation, but has been consistent in that regard. The Monarchs will be competing in the West going forward, of course, which fits them in well with the new playoff format coming in as they will not have to worry about dealing with the great lakes, nor will they have to worry about being cut out from the playoffs simply due to their division as wild cards will help that. Minnesota, in a 16-team playoff, would have been fairly competitive in the past, and with the state of the team right now in a bit of a retool and having some already established pieces, they have a fairly solid short-mid outlook as long as the key prospects develop and the current pieces continue on long enough. I think there is still some uncertainty there for FAs, but if the GMs can make some good inroads on the personal side of things and find people with the right fit to join the more relaxed locker room that has a bit of a unique feel to it, that may be enough for some to join in on the current build. 229w

So you're a free agent huh and lookin' for a new home. Well lemme tell ye about the Winnipeg Aurora. First and foremost, we have an awesome locker room. All good folks who are fun to chat with. Player age wise, we're a team in transition. The old guard is helping usher the new guard in. Our defense will soon be one of the top in the league, with the entire core being if similar TPE and age. They'll all peak at the same time and solidify the back end. Our #1 goalie, Strom Chamberlain, is one of the best and still young. He'll carry us far in the play-offs sooner rather then later. Most importantly though, for you my dear free agent. We're a team that has room. Do you want to go to one of the already top teams and be a bit player? A cog in the machine that is completely replaceable. They won't remember you when you're gone. With Winnipeg though, you have a chance to become a core member of a team on the rise. You could be a star in Winnipeg so why go anywhere else?

193 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

I think the Rage are a great fit for some prospective free agents but not all. First the city. Manhattan is a cultural hub with a bustling night life, great food and an eclectic demographic. We also offer a fantastic team culture. We have alumni that still come around when they are in town which really shows how good we treat the people that come through Manhattan. Finally the major positive in joining the Manhattan Rage is we have a good team but not an overloaded team where you would feel like just another cog in the wheel. We are young enough to improve over the next few seasons but also have enough veterans on the team that adding one or two star free agents would put us over the top. So in conclusion, if you was a great city, a good fanbase and a tremendous group of current players and alumni, then the Manhattan Rage are for you.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Ahhh, Minnesota, the Land of a Thousand Lakes, the North Star State - what better place to spend your SHL career? You'll have access to the coziest locker room in the league, with a fully cushion-seated film room, state of the art baths, massage tables and sauna - to keep your body and mind in top shape. You'll get to play at the Monarchs' Court, the most luxurious arena experience fans and players alike could ask for - all for a fraction of the cost. Feel like a king, pay like a vassal! The fans are insanely patient. Like, too much so. It's been a rough decade for the team, yet they still show us their support. You can't ask for better fans than that. You'll get to join a young squad that has seen a furious growth spurt in the past few seasons, knocking on the door of the playoffs - even more so with the expansion coming. Guided by the veteran presence of Mika Mayfield, Collin Gibbles, Perry Morgan and Cal Labovitch, you would be surrounded by guts and good-hearted people. Mayfield and Gibbles may even cook for you - trust me, you'll want that to happen. And all of that, and we didn't even mention the amazing landscapes in the state! You truly couldn't ask for a better atmosphere for your athletic career.

(231 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

PBE PT

What's not to like about Chicago? A city with rich history, incredible architecture, some of the best food in the world, and most importantly a city who's fans are absolutely crazy about their hockey. Chicago is home to the SHL's Syndicate, a team who has been dominate in the recent years, winning the cup in S57. In addition to this the team has won numerous team and individual player awards. After their cup run for the Syndicate isn't far fetched as the team is full of both veterans who are able to perform and promising young prospects who will turn the Syndicate into a real powerhouse in the years to come. The organization at Chicago has a fantastic staff team who care about their players and are always there for them no matter who you are. So if anyone asks you what's not to like about Chicago, the one and only correct answer is: NOTHING.

What can I say about the Calgary Dragons and the city of Calgary? I'm sure you've heard of the team. The Dragons are a very storied franchise, full of championships and a great team atmosphere. We have a fantastic management team and there's plenty of good times to be had in the locker room. If I am being completely honest, I would not still have a player in the SHL if not for Izzy and Esa, and the super active locker room. Esa brought me back from inactivity multiple times himself, and upon request I had him lift me off my ass and bring back my love for the game. When I was inactive with my last player, this team and its atmosphere brought me back. I came back roaring with Choybuk, and I never looked back. Not to mention all the cups that I won with Boychuk and just how much this team wants to win. The team obviously has had some SHL superstars, great captains and ex captains of other teams, Hall of Famers, and anything you could ask for of a team if you wanted to sign there.

The city of Calgary? I don't know. The Dragons are there so that's all that needs to be said.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

[Image: 1b55e4bdb4fc6051382e370bf26d5a59-20210509111029543.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 06:53 AM by yonggarius.)

ISFL ultimus week

These seems like a tampering charge waiting to happen, but let's go. Why join the Calgary Dragons? We are a perennial contender and perhaps the most legendary team on the site. We have a great discord and on site locker room. Constantly have fun things to do, whether its a game night, hot chic Draft, or just shooting the shit on discord. If you join us, you have a legitimate chance to compete for a cup each and every season. Plus in top of all these great things, you get to share a locker room with the arguably greatest player/gm in site history as well. If all of these things don't entice you to join the Cult of the Parm, I don't know what will. Calgary wants you, and you want Calgary. Don't fight the temptation, come join us and achieve SHL greatness. Go Calgary

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

As for now I am currently on the Hamilton Steelhawks so I will be making a pitch for free agents to sign in Hamilton but I myself is also a free agent so I guess this will be a pitch and a pro of why I should stay in Hamilton as well. For starters it is not Toronto so that is a plus. You are on the edge of lake Ontario so if you are big into fishing and boating you have that for you. Plus there are tons of waterfalls you can go see. Also if you like history they have Canadian war plane museum that is pretty neat as well. Decent mid size city of about five hundred thousand so not too overcrowded. All in all it is a decent place to live and a fantastic team to play for as we win a lot. We are the defending champs after all.

[Image: lazer2.png]