Create Account

Season 59 Hall of Fame Ceremony

[Image: 110px-Hockey_Hall_of_Fame_Logo.svg.png]

Date: Friday 11th June 2021
Time: 5PM EST

Its that wonderful time of year again hockey fans. Join me and the league in celebrating the careers of next class of SHL legends. The Hall of Fame committee welcomes you all and we hope to see you there.

Eligible Players:

Roman Augustus
Isak Odegard
Trevor Wilson
Xavier Paquette
Iam Essellemm****
Kristaps Ball***
Gary Grease***
Hercules Rockefeller***
Cedric Robinson***
Benjamin Blue**
Bobby Watson**
Alex Winters*
Cameron Carter II*
Charlie Schieck*
Liam O'Callaghan
Tig Murphy
Reginald MacIntyre
Nicholas Williams
Aleister Cain
Jack Tanner
Rafe Ulrich
Jon Toner
The Dude

Eligible GMs:

Grapehead**
karlssens**
dankoa**
Ace**
Shmurph**
FlappyGiraffe**
Nobody**
Steelhead77

Esa first ballot incoming. Anything less is unconscionable

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Sick

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

good luck to all eligible!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Without darkness, there can be no light. Without destruction, there can be no creation. Without death there can be no life. Death is inevitable and our time is finite. It is a common trait of man to try and find a way to be remembered after we are gone. Many in our world pursue this through the realm of sports. But many never make it…

You are fighting against what feels inevitable, trying to make the distance between you and remembrance. Many fade away into the annals of history books, a footnote to the sagas of true legends. But those who finally break through that wall… we celebrate forever

“Zander! The Toronto North Stars forever thank you”

“Rest now oh Alex Light, your service in West Kendall will never be forgotten.”

“Viktor Marius is a Buffalo Legend, that’s what counts for us!”

“Robert Phelps, there are no words but thank you!”

So when these players are asked what they will be remembered for, they don’t need to answer. They already know… because once you reach that point. There is only one word for you…

Immortal.

And now, The SHL Proudly Presents the Season 59 Hall of Fame Class.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 05:04 PM by KenitohMenara.)

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Toronto. Here at the historic hall of fame building, we welcome the next class of hall of famers. I feel incredibly fortunate that the committee welcomed me once again to host this ceremony and to welcome the new legends of hockey into this building. A lot has changed in the hockey landscape but as I walked into this building again, the same childlike wonder and admiration for the game and its legends filled me. No matter what happens, this building stands as a monument to history and I will always be grateful that I am here. I am proud to be back here and to be hosting the ceremony again. To the players who are seated here today, welcome and thank you for coming. And to the players who have been chosen to enter the hall, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your accomplishments and your legacies. You have achieved the dream that every player holds dearest and even as a new chapter of your life begins, know that the stories you told in hockey will be treasured.

May your names be remembered, now and forever.

Now without further ado, let us proceed with the ceremony.

Before we proceed, the Commitee would like to congratulate the Texas Renegades Renegades for winning the Challenge Cup. To battle through Buffalo or Hamilton by itself is a feat, but to beat both of them to get to the challenge cup is on another level entirely. You guys earned this trophy and stood tall beyond all doubt as champions. The Lone Star State is proud of you.

Once again, congrats to the Renegades

The Committee would also like to congratulate the Kelowna Knights Knights for winning the four star trophy. Perseverance, thy name is Kelowna, you have fought through everything and everyone to get to the top after so long of coming so close but never being close enough. You earned this trophy and no one can take it away from you/

Once again, congrats to the Knights.

As always, the Committee performs a ranked choice voting system, this year we had 9 individuals receive votes for the Hall of Fame. 3 of those 8 players were inducted… and for the first time in my announcing career, a GM will be entered into the hall. Each player had to receive 35 votes from the committee to be inducted. In this class, 4 individuals are to be inducted. For the third year in a row, an individual received over 2 1/2 times the amount of votes required which is truly incredible to think about.

The committee wasted no time getting these 4 incredibly talented people in the Hall of Fame. Before I announce the four inductees, I would like to take this time to congratulate those who were recognised by the committee but did not earn enough votes.

Jon Toner - 1 Vote

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 866 | G: 127 | A: 372 | P: 499

1 Time Scott Stevens Award Nominee
1 Time Scott Stevens Award Winner

For a decade, Jon Toner would star in LA as the face of the Panthers defensive core. He would give the Panthers faithful a show every night he was on the ice. A panther for life, his finest season would come in Season 59 where he would win the Scott Stevens award as the league's best defenseman and even in retirement, the Panther faithful remember his accomplishments vividly

Thanks for everything Jon!

Bobby Watson - 5 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 751 | G: 291 | A: 309 | P: 600

1 Time Ron Mexico Award Nominee
1 Time Jay McDonald Trophy Winner

A man who touched the hearts and minds of many fans during his career, Bobby Watson would prove his credentials everywhere he went. From his early days in Toronto to his dominant showings for Minnesota, Bobby would eclipse 500 points and would be recognised as the leagues top scorer in Season 46.

A Toronto and Minnesota legend.

The Dude - 7 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 648 | G: 131 | A: 345 | P: 476

Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee
1 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee
1 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Winner

Another player who reached many different people, The Dude would play in many different cities and for many different people. He is most fondly remembered for his time with the Texas Renegades where he would prove himself to be a defence to remember. Always in the discussion for the Scott Stevens award and always leading his team deep in the playoffs, he is remembered for his cool demeanour and timely plays.

The Dude - Simply awesome

Cedric Robinson - 9 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 374 | W: 207 | L: 124 | OT: 30

2 Time Challenge Cup Champion
3 Time John McBride Trophy Nominee
Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee
1 Time Anton Razov Trophy Winner
1 Time Mike Honcho Trophy Winner

I can already hear the Buffalo fans complaining in the back but keep in mind I am just the host here. But really, I do feel that Cedric should absolutely be considered for the hall. Cedric did all you could ask for a goalie, make big saves and win playoff games when you needed him to step up. His finest season, Season 50, was where his talent truly shone, winning the Mike Honcho Trophy for fewest goalies allowed.

A Buffalo Legend in Net, now and forever

Aleister Cain - 24 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 477 | W: 286 | L: 149 | OT: 41

1 Time Challenge Cup Champion
3 Time John McBride Trophy Nominee
1 Time Anton Razov Trophy Winner

“Oh Challenge Cup, won’t you ever come to New Orleans?”

That was the feeling going into Season 54. NOLA was still waiting for its first challenge cup. They needed a miracle and Aleister Cain would be the man who back stopped the Specters to the top of the mountain. With one of the finest playoff performances ever performed by a goalie, Cain would give the Specters the cup at long last and earn him the Anton Razov award for playoff MVP. There truly is nothing more I could say about Cain that could describe his career better than that.

A NOLA Legend for life and the man who brought the big cup to Bourbon street. Thank you Aleister

Thank you to all the players who I have mentioned. To even be here and earning votes from the committee is to your everlasting credit. You are a credit to not only yourselves but to the sport we all love. Once again, I thank you for your contributions and wish to express my gratitude in helping pave the road for me to have a future career in the SHL.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado, allow me to introduce the Hall of Fame Class of Season 59.