Create Account

new challenge

So the trade has just gone through and I would like to thank the teams I did talk to over the past pre-season but it is now actually official.

Jon Forty One is now officially a Baltimore Platoon player. So I would just like to say publicly that over my almost year and a half on the Blizzard (God careers are so long in Sim Hockey League) has been with some of my favourite General Managers and team mates in all sim leagues damn near. They have been supportive, fun and respectful throughout my entire run and I am grateful for them. I genuinely wish them nothing but the best and I hope (Excluding the Platoon obviously Tongue) they beat everyone they face and go on a deep play-off run.

I don't think my time there was all that bad. I helped them get to a final and we usually went pretty deep in the play-offs most seasons to keep the longest play-off appearance streak going and overall I am pretty happy with my time there.

I climbed to about the top 25 all time players in the Edmonton Blizzard leader board which considering the players or teams in previous seasons they've had is not that bad and have a points per game average of .85 which places me top 5 all time (Or at least with players over multiple seasons). It sucks I could not contribute to the championship tally they have but I managed to get award nominations and win 1 of the awards as well.

So it is quite bitter-sweet as I will miss playing for the best Canadian team in SHL.

The reason I asked for a trade

If everything is so honky dory then why would I ask for a trade from them?! Well, being brutally honest. I have not cared about SHL for a long time. I like the new index but I have barely looked at it. I don't enjoy seeing the All Star Game being 125% Buffalo and Hamilton players somehow and for me this places play-offs have been kind of boring. That is changing now luckily and I think the changes the Head Office have done to the divisions and new update scale will make this a lot more fun to be in but I have just been updating my player to try and gun Hall of Fame with Jon Forty One and to help the Edmonton Blizzard out with a center.

Simply put in a tl;dr. I need motivation or a new place to get excited about. Somewhere that I can see how hungry the team is to win a ring so I can get excited for play-offs again and hopefully continue to get a bullshit amount of assists and help the team towards the goal.

I am not saying Edmonton are not hungry to win, cause they are. But after being at a place that long it is nice to see the same goals but through a different lens and I want to feel that way again. I actually really love hockey but I have only gotten hype for the IIHF in recent seasons cause Great Britain are pretty entertaining to watch on stream.

So I ended up joining the Balitmore Platoon. I have a fun litle fact I am 90% sure no-one remembers me saying but I actually was drafted by the Platoon in 2014. I used to have an account on the old forums back when they introduced Activity Checks but I went AFK on the Regina Force pretty quickly. I can't really remember much about it but I remember giving this place a chance. Well turns out that inactive player would be drafted by the Platoon. They would never play him cause...well why in the ever living fuck would a major league team play a 150-ish TPE center. I decided to make that failure of a player Jon Forty Ones dad (The player name was Isaac Mute) so I am very much looking forward to finally playing for this team after almost 45 seasons in the making.

I hope to help then Baltimore Platoon have great few seasons, maybe gun a few award nominations or awards and hopefully lock Hall of Fame down. However what I am hoping for mostly is to enjoy SHL again as I regress and enjoy myself again.

I guess we'll see what ends up happening.

[750 words. Ready for grading]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Platoon

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

its just a shame you picked a stinky team

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Excited to have you man! Let's do this!

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Hell yeah Platoon

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Pumped for the season even more now Platoon

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs