Create Account

Announcement regarding mPTs
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 04:46 PM by SlashACM.)

Copied directly from the claim post:

Before you claim I have a bit of a spiel to write so sorry in advance. As I was grading this, I was blown away by the effort that many users put into such a small pt task! I came down to the hard task of giving out bonus tpe for effort, and honestly there were 50+ submissions that I could have awarded tpe. I came to the realization that I can't do this every week, we have such great users who are amazing at writing creative, thoughtful, and funny PTs, and picking a select few while excluding others just as worthy just doesn't sit right with me.

I will also post this in announcements, but starting with mPT #2 I am getting rid of (!extra!) participation tpe on mPTs for the time being. There are a few users who might be disappointed by this, and a few who might cheer, and I will look into ways in the coming season to replace the lost tpe opportunity (even though not many were awarded this on a week to week basis).

Since I feel bad for eliminating this tpe, and since I was absolutely delighted by most of these submissions, I am awarding the bonus participation tpe to everyone who followed the prompt and met the minimum word count. Enjoy the treat for making me laugh with all your submissions!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I also want to point out that part of what made awarding bonus tpe very difficult this go around was over 80 users posted submissions with 100 words or more! That is pretty insane engagement in a mPT so I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to reading your submissions in the future

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Can we just do away with them and give 4 TPE for a 200 word PT?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

06-28-2021, 03:53 PMAce Wrote: Can we just do away with them and give 4 TPE for a 200 word PT?

We'll see how the pt season goes

+1 TPE

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

#fireslash

Also ph

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Fwiw I prefer more short tasks than fewer long ones, I'd rather write 100 words twice on two different topics than 200 on one topic. I always enjoyed the mPTs as competitive silliness

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Applied?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

This is extremely disappointing as someone who continuously puts in a ton of extra effort into mpts for the extra tpe (and have already done so for the first two weeks). How is someone who is not good at fantasy supposed to keep up with the members who are awarded an extra advantage of getting 10tpe from fantasy each season when other avenues to make up for it are being taken away?

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

JURT broke mPTs

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

06-28-2021, 04:39 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote: This is extremely disappointing as someone who continuously puts in a ton of extra effort into mpts for the extra tpe (and have already done so for the first two weeks). How is someone who is not good at fantasy supposed to keep up with the members who are awarded an extra advantage of getting 10tpe from fantasy each season when other avenues to make up for it are being taken away?

Like I said, we will continue to look for ways to implement more tpe avenues in ways that are fair. You were already awarded participation tpe for mpt1

I like turtles.

06-28-2021, 03:53 PMAce Wrote: Can we just do away with them and give 4 TPE for a 200 word PT?

That's 25 more words no thanks

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-28-2021, 04:29 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Fwiw I prefer more short tasks than fewer long ones, I'd rather write 100 words twice on two different topics than 200 on one topic. I always enjoyed the mPTs as competitive silliness

Yeah and this also adds extra work for the PT team.

I 100% think we should do away with mPTs and make the regular one longer and for 4 TPE. Most people are going over the word limits anyway. Makes easier for the PT team and streamlines it a bit as well.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

06-28-2021, 04:46 PMGeekusoid Wrote: I like turtles.

you have my attention

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .