Create Account

SHL Imperialism Map S61
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 12:32 PM by Aleris.)

Welcome one and all to my new series, that I hope to have a lot of fun with. Over my travels on the internet I have seen a number of “Imperialism Maps” dealing with counties that are closest to a team’s city. While I am no pro with ArcGIS or Photoshop. I thought it would be fun to have a battle of territory during the regular season.

The rules are pretty simple. If a team loses to another, they give their territory to that team. Unfortunately, I’m not good enough to figure out the exact sizes of territories or number of counties (maybe next season). For now, I will keep track of how many territories of a team that is controlled. So to start, all teams will have a score of 1. After the first games, there will be 10 SHL (7 SMJHL) teams that control 2 territories. From there, it should be a mix up.  I’m curious to see how this plays out. I think there’s enough parity that we won’t see 2-3 teams dominating the map quickly.

Now, I’m not going to post a new map every day. I plan to post a map every week, with a gif at the end of how the map changed throughout the season. Now let’s get into a break down of the base maps!

SHL Map

Kicking it off with the SHL Map. We can see the flaws of maps are abundant. My projection makes the territory above the Arctic Circle massive, but also Canada is just massive as well. We can see that the east coast is as crowded as a clown car. Poor Buffalo, Manhattan, and Philadelphia owning the smallest territories. As we move away from New York, teams are able to get breathing room, with the exception of San Francisco smashed between Seattle and Los Angeles. The largest areas probably go to Winnipeg or Seattle, it’s tough to judge, as Alaska is appears smaller than it actually is, and central Canada is an empty void of wheat and sky.

[Image: SHL_MAP_0.png]

SMJHL Map

Next up the Js! With only 14 teams and a better distribution, there’s a little more space to breathe on this map. The smallest territory belongs to either Maine or Anaheim, both taking up only slivers the east or west coast respectively. The largest territory goes to brand new, shiny Regina, but St. Louis isn’t far behind. Central Canada is too big is really all I’ve learned from this project. I do like how St. Louis and Colorado split Texas in almost perfectly in half. I'm sure Ontario loves being under the reign of Detroit.

[Image: JMAP_0.png]

That’s all for now. I’ll be back next week with a new map and major changes, as I’m sure even a week of games will throw everything into chaos!

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

oh this is fire

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Gets crowded up in the NE lol. Can't wait to see more of this

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

SHL modded game of EU4 wen

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-28-2021, 03:55 PMWashed-up trash Wrote: SHL modded game of EU4 wen
Obligatory note about an SHL modded game of Hearts of Iron IV having a custom tree for everyone yet the vanilla game still lacks one for Italy.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

08-28-2021, 03:55 PMWashed-up trash Wrote: SHL modded game of EU4 wen
Paint that map!!!

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Damn, this is so cool!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

This is fantastic!!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Based and map-pilled

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Is there a nuclear weapon option if someone rolls three sixes?

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

I love this

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Tampa Bay is anti-imperialist , sorry

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

This is neat, nice work!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Pretty dang cool!

Really liking this idea and certainly very cool to see a visual representation too!

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar