Create Account

S61 SHL Graphics Tournament: Pro/Am

S61 Graphics Contest
[Image: UuDKCf9.png]

Highly anticipated and finally back: the Pro/Am Tournament is here again for the third time!

If you're a newer user or don't remember the previous tournaments, here is a quick explanation:

This tournament will combine the skills of amateur and professional graphics submitters. Competitors will announce their entry by filling out this google form and posting their verification word as a reply to this thread. In case we will have to move someone into a different group, because of there are either too many pros or too many amateurs, we will contact the respective people individually. If you don't hear anything from us, you are in the group you signed up for.

TL;DR:
Step 1: Sign up here as amateur or professional: Google form
Step 2: Post your verification word in this thread.
Step 3: Wait for sign-ups to close and the tournament's official start. There will be another post where all amateurs are tagged. See here how it went last time.

The theme for the tournament is “Hall of Fame”.
Each team will put together a signature to submit for judgement, but the signatures’ creation process has some stipulations:

Content
Each sig needs to include a render of a former SHL player who is now in the SHL Hall of Fame, that player's name and respective HoF class. If you don't know which render a player used, simply pick one you think would fit. You can alternatively use a GM who is in the HoF if you like.
The final sig must not exceed 500 pixels in any direction. Everything else about the signature is up to you, be creative and make it look like a special HoF sig.

All the SHL resources you will need can be found here: Creation Process
Step 1: After sign-ups have closed, the amateur will make a partial signature. That includes a render (any size, the Pro can resize the file for you later). The amateur can also add a short description message that will be passed on to the Pro, this is optional.
Step 2: The amateur will privately share their file (and an optional short message) with @Ruggsy (Ruggsy#7042 on discord). The file must be a JPG or a PNG. No PSD files from the amateurs!
Step 3: Each professional will be randomly matched with an amateur and receives the file from us to work with.
Step 4: The professional does what he or she sees fit to complete the signature and get the piece tournament-ready.
Step 5: The professionals submit their team’s signature (again, share it with @Ruggsy).
Step 6: Voting commences.

Tournament
A bracket-style tournament will be voted upon by your peers. The voting will occur in the forum. 

Here you can see the bracket from S53. And an overview of all submissions from S57 showing both the amateur graphic and the final result from the pro.

Prizes

The winning team will split $15,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $7,500,000, Am: $7,500,000). 
The second place team will split $10,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $5,000,000, Am: $5,000,000).
The third place team will split $5,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $2,500,000, Am: $2,500,000).

Submissions that do not win prize money are eligible to be submitted for grading and will receive 2x pay (must be marked in the post). If the pay is to be split (amongst professional and amateur) please note that in writing in the post.

FAQ

Am I an amateur or a professional?

You are deemed an amateur if none of your previous signature submissions have been graded as a 4/5 (or 8/10) or if you have a lifetime graphics earnings lower than $10M. Because of the fluid nature of this tournament, there is a possibility that some higher-skilled amateurs are asked to compete as professionals or lower-earning professionals compete as amateurs. The goal is to have equal parts amateur and professional, so some fudging of the numbers may occur early on. We will talk to some people if it's necessary to switch groups.

How can I upload my submission?

There are many popular image hosting services on the internet. Imgur.com is a popular one. You can also message Ruggsy#7042 on discord, and drag your file into the discussion area.

Can I contact my Pro/Am partner once the teams have been announced?

Yes, but you don't have to. If the amateur wishes to explain their work, they can pass on a short message that will be sent to the pro. After the teams have been determined, the Pro can get in touch with the amateur if necessary.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to @Ruggsy, @Carpy48 or @Julio Tokolosh either here or on discord (and join us in the graphics discord if you haven't done so yet).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

turtlebabies

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

mayo

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Yesplease

[Image: sulov.gif]

Nascar

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Yooo

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Gibson

IMSORRYINADVANCEFORMYAMATEUR-LASTTIMEEVENNOKAZOACOULDNTSAVEMYAMATEURSIG

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

hum ram

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Scuttlebutt

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Whataburger

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Thisisnokahate

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Nike

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Merica

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.