Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

PROMPT 2: Well my aim initially was to build a player that could work as third pair defenseman and such I ended up picking enforcer as my arch type. But as I got sucked into the league more it became clear that I would be earning more TPE than I expected and change to FHM gave me an opportunity to move towards more of and defensive defenseman role which I have had since the change. But as my TPE levels increased I saw no reason to go all in on defensive stats so my players offensive abilities grew as well and currently he can be seen as solid two-way defenseman. For the future I expect him to start regressing from said offensive abilities while keeping his physical and top tier defensive skills intact as long as he can though sooner or later age will also take toll on those too but for Björn's career I expect it to be kind of journey to two way and back.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

My player, Lyle Odelein III, would benefit greatly from this attribute switch. I have always tried to keep somewhat of a balanced build, so most of his attributes are 16s, 17s and 18s. Flipping those numbers around would make Lyle a force in the SHL. This would also allow Lyle to play for so many more seasons, so he would most likely set some new SHL records along the way. The only set back that would happen to Lyle's game would be to his bravery. Currently Lyle has a 10 out of 20 for the bravery attribute, this switch would put that down to 01. I don't know how severely would affect his game and output, but I'm sure it would, and drastically. I mean, if Lyle was top notch in most areas but refused to or was afraid to go into the corners and engage in a puck battle, he would be tough to play with and a little easier to play against. I may just have to spend a few TPE to get bravery to 11, just incase this ever happens!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 10:38 AM by mastersheep.)

Prompt 2

I value a lot of attributes though some more than others. This season I raised my getting open to 20 which raised eyebrows from enough people to start picking my player in fantasy. I haven’t totally decided what Duncan will look like when I max out my build next season, but I plan to train passing and puckhandling for certain. I may also increase my offensive read and might even get checking to 20 since I think these are very important. I will probably raise my screening and faceoffs slightly as well, enough to help the team overall. Having said all this, my plans change a lot and I remember once upon a time I was going to be a pass first center so we’ll see what happens in my final season before regression. Ultimately, I want my player to be remembered as one of the best forwards in Baltimore’s history helping them in all facets of the game and hopefully one of the best in the SHL as well.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Am I going to be a surefire hall of famer after this major change to my attributes? Well, likely not if everyone else in the league has had the same luck this morning. However, those players who have yet to max an attribute will be thrilled that those 19s never made it to 20s. Because 91 certainly feels better than 2. As for me, many of my strengths remain my strengths with this new found attribute scale. My passing, hitting and puck handling remain some my top stats, moving from 17 to 71. But what I'm really proud of is how brave I have become. In fact, I've become very brave with a new 80 rating. That's enough to tango with even some of the bravest players in the league. And while my fighting skills might not be up to snuff, I'm certainly not going to have any second guesses with my new found bravery heading into those bouts. Overall, on a 100 scale though, this attribute change makes me a very underwhelming and average player...which is pretty much par for the course.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

PROMPT TWO:
Positioning
Rebound
Recovery
Reflexes

In my eyes, the above 4 stats are the most important to a goalie, because they are the foundation that you need to build your player on. It doesn't matter how high your Blocker rating is if your Positioning is so low that you are never in the right place to make a save. Put a bunch of points into saving low shots? Well guess what, you neglected your rebound so now every shot you save comes back out of control for an easy dunk by the offense. Recovery is extremely important because we all make mistakes (except me, but I don't want to brag) and Recover is what allows a goalie to get back into the correct position to make a save. Finally, Reflexes are our lifeblood. You could have maxed out stats, but if your reflexes are slower than a loaf of bread then you'll never make a save on a shot fast than 10 mph.

WC: 167

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

PROMPT 2
[Image: 5NeKxL6.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 06:03 PM by BenDover.)

Prompt 1

AS Wilson wakes up he feels energized like never before, he decides to look over his attributes be changed rapidly compared to the previous day, the updater must of made a mistake, Wilson thought, but he continued on his day. At Whalers practice, Wilson was suddenly able to go past everyone easily on the ice, without being winded, during the break he took a close look at the roster page and say that he now had 31 speed and 41 stamina, way above the 20 max that all other players had, so Wilson took this to his advantage in the Whalers next game by blazing past everyone on the ice en route to a triple hat trick game, as he found out before the game that his shooting accuracy was now at 21. But the big difference was the shooting range, now at 31, Wilson was able to do cross ice goals with ease, the season was ended after that game out of fairness of the sport, with Wilson taking home the MVP in 1 game.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

(Prompt 1) So my build would definitely have me a lot stronger than I am now, but I think I would fall behind my fellow 425 J players. Half of my god damn stats are 14 cause I was stupid when I made the build so now most of my things are 41. My highest stats are now faceoffs, fighting, aggression, and screening, each with 50. I'm gonna go win the faceoff and then just beat the shit out of the opposing center. The American way. My next highest stats are all of my 14s, so getting open, passing, offensive read, positioning, stickchecking, defensive read, shot blocking, acceleration, speed, and stamina. I am currently a well balanced defenseman, and am gonna be the most balanced defenseman in the entire god damn league. I don't have any stats between 5 and 12, so my range of stats is 21-50. I don't know if that's good or bad but it sure is a thing

Prompt 1:
Niccolo Livius
[Image: 0W4rolY.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 12:47 PM by DELIRIVM.)

PROMPT 2

I think attribute building in the current sim landscape is a bit mundane. Most people are building towards the same attribute goals. But my goals for my current player (Winger) is certainly aimed towards getting my Getting Open, Puck Handling, Shooting Accuracy, Offensive Read, Checking, Defensive Read, Stick Checking, Balance, Stamina, and Strength as high as possible. These will all be prioritized with my offensive stats being capped out earlier than anything else. I think Getting Open and Offensive Read are massively important attributes and I don't know if I could prioritize anything more. After that it's probably Strength and Stamina. A player needs to be able to function into the heavy game of the SHL and having these stats, allowing one to play longer and power off even the biggest players, will allow a player like Daniil to make an impact. After that I just think that Checking and Defensive Read are super important to playing a very heavy defensive game. Thought wingers probably have the least defensive responsibility on the team!

[174 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

So this sounds like a lot of fun, so I'm going to post my build and what it changes to, and then walk through all the stat changes that I think are significant:

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 5 -> 50
Getting Open: 15 -> 51
Passing: 15 -> 51
Puckhandling: 15 -> 51
Shooting Accuracy: 8 -> 80
Shooting Range: 15 -> 51
Offensive Read: 15 -> 51

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 17 -> 71
Hitting: 17 -> 71
Positioning: 17 -> 71
Stickchecking: 17 -> 71
Shot Blocking: 13 -> 31
Faceoffs: 5 -> 50
Defensive Read: 18 -> 81

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 15 -> 51
Agility: 15 -> 51
Balance: 17 -> 71
Speed: 17 -> 71
Stamina: 15 -> 51
Strength: 17 -> 71
Fighting: 11 -> 11

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 15 -> 51
Bravery: 13 -> 31

So i'm gonna go by major category, talk about the changes there, and then talk about how I think i'd do in this new league for a season.

Offense:

Honestly, not much is changed for me. The stats go all way up, but theyre still average considering that everyone has had their offensive stats switched. the only stat that I can say REALLY changed is my shooting accuracy. going from an 8 to an 80 is next fucking level. I can now clap absolute snipes from the blue line, and theres nothing opposing teams can do about it

Defense:

With these stats, my guy would remain an elite force, and likely even do better than before. with an 81 Defensive Read, he could play the puck with his eyes closed. I think I could easily win some defensive defenseman awards with this build

Physical/Mental:

I will loop these two into the same category. I think that this would be the biggest change to my player overall. Reason #1 being that it makes me a much worse fighter and less physical. A 15 aggression, 13 bravery, and 11 fighting are pretty good in this league (or at least high, not everyone would say good hehe). But switching that to 51 aggression, 31 bravery, and keeping 11 fighting, this is much less good, and in a league where many people have these in single digits, I would no longer be one of the top scorers in this category. Most likely you see my aggressive play go out the window, which would be a little sad. However, with speed and strength at 71 now, I would be speedy as fuck, and strong on the puck. Honestly, the most likely thing to come out of this would be that I could potentially make the anti-Byfuglien transition and go from defenseman to defensive forward

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 01:01 PM by boom.)

prompt 1

Well, after entering the Fumble Dimension and having every stat inverted, William Hartmann now boasts absolutely incredible playmaking skills with 91 Passing, Puckhandling and Offensive Read. Getting goals has never been easier than with 50 screening, 21 shooting accuracy, and 71 shooting range, allowing Hartmann to clap bombs from anywhere on the ice (albeit with interesting puckhandling). Hartmann is still a kind of decent-to-iffy player on defense in comparison, as his hitting and positioning skills now lag significantly behind at 51. However, with 50 aggression and 50 fighting, he can simply beat the crap out of half the other players in the league. Honestly, none of Hartmann's stats have actually gotten worse due to this change, meaning that he might actually be able to help the Blizzard win some games with his improved skill. I don't know if there's any chance that Hartmann would make the Hall of Fame even with the boosts, but he would still be an absolutely incredible puck-moving defenseman with some serious face-punching skills. That is, when he's not in the penalty box or in prison for assault.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

When all the attributes swap over, I am not sure if there will be too much of an impact to be honest. I have tried to play efficiently from the start until now and have managed to get up to sixteen in all my stats that are important basically. This swap essentially turns me from a middle pack player with balance build, into a middle pack player with a balanced build. I am much better at everything, but somehow other people are even better than I am. I think this could be an issue with the SHL in general, that the lack of strength and weakness just ends up being everyone good at everything relevant most of the time, so the impact of this magical stat flip would be relatively low outside of shuffling up low TPE players into the top end and middle area, while the lower middle end just get completely decimated... and god forbid someone had gotten a 20 in something important... they would struggle to lets say... pass... puckhandle... please tell me no one has 20 in Stamina... that would be a nightmare. 187w

Written Task: Talk about the FHM attributes you value in your player. What are you looking to train over the season. Over your career? What kind of player do you want to ultimately build and how do you want your player to be remembered. If you are regressing, feel free to look ahead to a future player of yours or reflect on the player you once were.

I'm aiming for being dominant center at future, player like Mario Lemieux, magical passes, strong and agile, very good balance and sharp shooter. I'm focusing my playmaker skills, like passing, puck handling, offensive read and defensive read, also balance, acceleration and speed. My main priority is slowly do my player as good as possible and try to help Inferno bring some glory to here in Atlanta. If I will be one of Inferno HOF when my career end, I will be fine with that. At least I tried my best.

(157 words)

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

The following should be read like a Mortal Kombat 9 ending in your best (or worst) impression of Raiden's voice.

After being hand-given the gift of impressive speed and fighting ability (Agility 41, Acceleration 41, Speed 21, Stamina 31), Anton Harrier quickly gave up his duties as a hockey player to fight for the forces of good once the troops of evil invaded the land. His presence was key towards stopping the threat of Shinnok and his demons but once he was able to slay the fallen God, the realization hit him hard: it was this that he really wanted from life. To this day, many complain about a wasted career - noting how he certainly had the potential to be very special as a player still developing throughout the years, especially when you considered his one visit to an All-Star game.

But by now, the man had already been set towards his own new journey, one to fully become a warrior of the Forces of Light. And for that, he was extremely grateful.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR