Create Account

5 years on site presser and stuff.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 05:18 PM by Leppish.)

Ready for grading. 1700 Words without the questions in code.

Hi there SHL, its me Leppish and a while back i hit 5 years on this site. Its been a great time, from winning a cup with a mediocre player to having a solid career with Moore, despite never winning a personal award or any cups since then, im excited for what the future has in store for me and Atlanta. So feel free to ask me stuff cause i really need some money.

So i wanted to write something here as it's been ages since i did any media, so here goes.

Starting with how i got on the site, it was through the S31 Reddit recruitment thread as far as i remember, site looked interesting enough and then once i figured out how to navigate the old site and stuff, i ended up in Discord in the draft class chat and met some really cool people which helped me get into it more.

My first player Travis Jeziak then ended up being drafted to the Montreal Militia in the SMJHL draft, was a great team and great group of people over there, we had a blast and managed to win the four star cup as well before it was time to move on to the SHL. Where i was drafted to the West Kendall Platoon, i went semi-IA with Travis unfortunately but WKP never got rid of me and i still had a great time there once i came back to the site and i ended up winning my only challenge cup on the Platoon as a 3rd liner. After 400 SHL games i retired Jeziak, nothing fancy about his career, decent enough 3rd liner and helped the team win so i'm happy with that.

After i was done with Travis Jeziak, i recreated as a Defenseman named Geoff Moore. I ended up being drafted to the Vancouver Whalers in the SMJHL. It ended up being a fantastic group of players and general managers and they really made me get into SHL big time again. We ended up winning the cup in my last season there, similiar to how my Juniors career ended with Travis. I also won some WJC Gold medal with Moore along with i think 3 IIHF gold medals and some other medals too. Unfortunately as was with Travis i did not win any personal awards with Moore. But i did end up having a pretty solid SHL career, drafted 9th overall to the then Minnesota Chiefs, played there for a solid amount of seasons. Then after Minnesota had a bunch of changes and were getting younger. I was traded to the Baltimore Platoon, where i played for 2 season before being traded to the Manhattan Rage. From Manhattan i was then drafted in the expansion draft to Atlanta inferno, where i spent some time before being traded to the New Orleans specters for my final season before retirement. It was a pretty wild ride with Moore and im glad to have been a part of all those teams at one point in time.

Now im back with Pavel Jeziak and currently on the Inferno once again, where im ready to do my best to help them become a contender in the future.

Now to the questions, thanks to everyone who asked!

Code:
if you were to take over the atlanta inferno as the general manager, what changes would you make?

If i were to take the position, i would immediately trade out the old bastards ruining our tank every season, Guy Zheng, Dick Clapper, Eko Van Otter and Gabe Johnson, all would be gone immediately. I would secondly make @micool132 Captain, without assistants, cause micool is a king who doesnt need others to help him.

Code:
why don't you earn more tpe?

Im Sorry jepog, im always trying my best but i'm poor on SHL and i miss some tasks every now and then. So im just not a very good earner :sadge: I'm still gonna be a superstar, at least thats what my mom tells me every night before bed.

Code:
What is keeping you active after 5 years on the site?

The people easily, especially all the cool cats on the Atlanta Inferno. Love the place and love mr hotdog for being able to draft all of us there together again. I also really like hockey so that parts cool too, and i like how the SHL still manages to bring in new people that i love meeting.

Code:
Do you plan to stay another 5 years?

I really can't tell the answer to that. 5 years is a long time and a lot can happen. I do feel like SHL has the longevity to last that long cause theres new people coming in often. I definitely will be around discord and stuff in 5 years i'd imagine but i'm not sure if i have many more players in me after Pavel.

Code:
What could be a major change to happen in the next 5 years in the SHL?

Thats a good question but i don't really know what to answer to it. Maybe we have another sim breaking thing happend and we have to either make new rules again or try and find another Sim engine. If that did happen i could see the league losing a lot of people unless there's a new sim engine coming out in the future that is amazing.

Code:
I feel like you are everywhere. How many LRs or other SHL servers are you in now?

Haha, it feels that way to me too, server list getting crowded on discord. I think right now im in 14 or 15 discord servers that are either SHL or juniors teams discords, IIHF and other SHL affiliated stuff like the gaming discord and deep dives team one.

Code:
thank you for doing this leppy, you just reminded me i hit 5 years on the site recently as well. Do you think i should also do a presser?

I don't think you did efiug, it shows you joined 3 years ago my guy. Maybe you had too much mac of cheese before coming here. But hey, why not pressers can be fun, so go ahead and make one.

Code:
The Lepishy one!

Hello there Mr. Slappy, nice to see you around here! Hope you're doing well in life since your SHL retirement!

Code:
How do you remain active without being one of the star players in the SHL, or having the potential to be the best of the best?

Sir, that is quite rude, i dont even know you!
But you are also right, i guess i just like being here and i feel like even though i haven't been a max earner i still have a good potential career ahead of me and i can be a useful player for Atlanta or another team if hotdog decides to trade me or something.

Code:
Great member of the site. Congratulations on 5 years

Thank you Izzy! Cheers to you as well! Good luck with the Dragons this coming season!

Code:
Cats or dogs?

I like both but dogs are definitely more fun and actually do stuff with you. Cats are so lazy they dont even acknowledge me when i come home, dog gets excited and then goes out for a walk with me, who needs real friends when you can have a dog!

Code:
Favorite SHL moment?

Theres been a lot of great moments here since i joined, but i guess the best one is still winning my one and only Challenge cup with the west kendall platoon back in season 41. Finishing off my first players career on a cup winner felt great. I do wish i had stayed with that player longer cause i could have won more with the Platoon back then.

Code:
Who's the better GM, hotdog or glutes?

Oh god, are you trying to get me traded or something? Obviously theres no difference between the two, they are the greatest manager duo in the history of the SHL and no one can deny it. This is how i actually feel and i was not forced to say this i promise.

Code:
F*ck Marry Kill : Gwdjohnson, Micool132, Jepox aka sears

I'm just here so i don't get fined.

Code:
Favorite sport outside of hockey?

I don't really follow other sports much, but i occasionally watch MMA and boxing, along with some motorports like Rally, Formula 1 and sometimes MotoGP. I've tried to get into stuff like Football and baseball but they're just not my kind of games.

Code:
If you had to rebrand a team in the SHL, which one would it be and what would you rebrand it to?

Thats a tricky one, theres a few SHL brandings i don't really like but i'd probably go with the San Francisco Pride. I never really liked their logo and colours. And San Francisco seems like a weird place for a hockey team. I'd probably just full on relocate them to Kansas or Washington and find an appropriate branding for that.

Code:
What is something about Finland and us North American don't know about?

Uhh nothings coming to my head on this one. sorry simon

Code:
Favorite movie?

Theres a lot of movies i could say for this one, i do love me some Die Hard as it is a great classic. But a more recent one that i really wound up loving is Edge of Tomorrow, so i'll go with that.

Code:
Favorite hockey player currently playing? What about favorite player that has ever played?

Currently playing i would say Jack Hughes, kid looks so good out there and im sad he's injured. Hopefully he can come back and have that breakout season he was looking to be starting. All time probably Patrik Elias, was lucky enough to catch a few seasons of him playing when i started watching the NHL.

Code:
Who's your favorite current teammate in Atlanta?

Impossible to name just one, everyone in there is so awesome and i enjoy every chat we have in Atlanta. Truly a blessed place.

Code:
top 3 favorite lost characters?

Desmond obviously #1, such a great character and his story in the show is so cool. Also main character of my favourite episode The Constant.

Probably Sawyer for #2, witty redneck character that goes from being the bad guy to the new leader, such a cool change in his story.

3rd is probably Hurley, everybody loves hugo! When he started up that van, was such a fun moment.

Code:
top 1 favorite time you've been lost?

Uhh, i havent gotten lost many times but once when i was walking home drunk when i was underage, i spotted a police car up a head parked near the sidewalk i was on, so i sprinted up this small hill in to the woods and started heading the direction of my home and i didnt recognize any of it. Ended up being a street very near where i live and i just never went there before.

Code:
what happened to the TPE you seem to have lost in comparison to the leaders in your draft class?

It was stolen by that damn Puddles o'duck, he keeps sneaking into my bag and grabbing my TPEs, you should give him a warning.

Code:
Why is Opera the best DD Head ever?

All hail Opera! It's been fun with you as the DD Head, bringing in some changes and more activity. Lets keep the good times goin.

Code:
do you like lemons?

I do, i dont eat them as is, but i do use it with fish and baking into cakes, muffins etc. Also lemonade is good.

Code:
Why are you a better SHLer than me?

Cause i don't go around hugging trees and stuff on my free time, unlike you. Git gud jedbog.

Code:
If I hired you to be my hype up guy, how would you get the job done?

Uhh, what i tried last didn't work so maybe i'd show you mean tweets that people wrote about you and made you mad ?

[Image: lebbish.gif]

if you were to take over the atlanta inferno as the general manager, what changes would you make?

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

why don't you earn more tpe?

who would you trade first if you were the new gm of atlanta

[Image: Jepox.gif]

What is keeping you active after 5 years on the site?

Do you plan to stay another 5 years?

What could be a major change to happen in the next 5 years in the SHL?

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I feel like you are everywhere. How many LRs or other SHL servers are you in now?

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

thank you for doing this leppy, you just reminded me i hit 5 years on the site recently as well. Do you think i should also do a presser?

The Lepishy one!

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

How do you remain active without being one of the star players in the SHL, or having the potential to be the best of the best?

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

Great member of the site. Congratulations on 5 years Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Cats or dogs?

Favorite SHL moment?

Who's the better GM, hotdog or glutes?

F*ck Marry Kill : Gwdjohnson, Micool132, Jepox aka sears

Favorite sport outside of hockey?

If you had to rebrand a team in the SHL, which one would it be and what would you rebrand it to?

What is something about Finland and us North American don't know about?

Favorite movie?

Favorite hockey player currently playing? What about favorite player that has ever played?

Who's your favorite current teammate in Atlanta?

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

top 3 favorite lost characters?

top 1 favorite time you've been lost?

what happened to the TPE you seem to have lost in comparison to the leaders in your draft class?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Why is Opera the best DD Head ever?

do you like lemons?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

@Leppish if you'd like to get a payout for this answer the questions and leave a word count and a grader will circle back for it.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

11-01-2021, 12:09 AMStadiumGambler Wrote: @Leppish if you'd like to get a payout for this answer the questions and leave a word count and a grader will circle back for it.

I guess i'll finish writing the stuff today then.

[Image: lebbish.gif]