Create Account

Mock Draft Grading

Hello all,

For the most part, everyone who submitted the mock draft was able to do it before the deadline. However there were several people that edited their post after the 15-minutes-before-the-draft deadline, I believe it was 3:45 at least in one time zone lol. I also heard a lot of people were grumpy their submissions were being discounted. I agree it sucks, it was well before the draft so there's no way to cheat. Nobody actually submitted after the draft so I guess those who didn't do it figured it was too late and held off.

In this case, I am actually willing to give credit for the submissions that were either posted late or edited after the deadline . The claim will be updated shortly if it isn't already.

HOWEVER

The 15 minutes before the draft deadline is staying. And I will actually enforce it next time, no matter how many PMs I receive. If you go into the PT archive and click on the last page you can find a mock draft from season 20something. There's a deadline there, guess what it is? 15 minutes before the draft. Yeah, its arbitrary, but sometimes arbitrary is ok. This is just something you have to get done before the 15 minute mark, no ifs ands or butts about it.

If the post is still open or unlocked past the deadline, it will still count as a late submission. This goes for all PTs ever. Sometimes I'm able to close them on time, sometimes I'm not. That's the way she goes. The reason that deadline is there is because even if you are able to post after it, I still know that it was late.

So...

Check the time you are editing your mock draft. If it is after the deadline, or even the minute of, DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST. If it is flagged as edited after the deadline, you will receive absolutely no tpe! I'm not joking!

To recap. 99% of you submitted on the deadline this time. Good job. Some didn't. It's ok, learn from this and submit on time next time. I will not be doing this next season so please just submit on time.

Thanks,
Aleister

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Accept

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

I fail to see why submitting the task on time is somehow Slashs fault, especially when he clearly stated the deadline. Lol

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Add to include that EVERY DRAFT the site slows down because people are submitting last minute mock drafts. So plan accordingly

[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

If the rule was there and it's not new I don't understand why those that were late will get TPE. Not complaining, it's nice of you, just wondering why.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PT pass

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

This is just reminding me I forgot to do a mock draft. RIP

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 12:56 PM by bbjygm.)

11-05-2021, 12:49 PMCarpy48 Wrote: If the rule was there and it's not new I don't understand why those that were late will get TPE. Not complaining, it's nice of you, just wondering why.

I think past PT departments were more lenient and took more responsibility in closing the PT exactly on time so some got complacent. It's still ultimately the responsibility of the user to have a valid response posted and edited before the deadline and this PT department seems to not want to take on the extra responsibility, which is perfectly valid. From what I've heard anecdotally, some of the offenders wouldn't have edited if they weren't allowed to, they were still operating under the assumption the PT team was taking responsibility for closing the post on time and they wouldn't have edited if they knew that changed.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Can I get the rest of my CW tpe returned. I mean I know I attacked Hamilton, but at least I was punctual about it.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

11-05-2021, 12:51 PMTommySalami Wrote: This is just reminding me I forgot to do a mock draft. RIP
Maybe you can still submit one and get credit  Laughing

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

11-05-2021, 12:58 PMSburbine Wrote:
11-05-2021, 12:51 PMTommySalami Wrote: This is just reminding me I forgot to do a mock draft. RIP
Maybe you can still submit one and get credit  Laughing
I have all this power to abuse too.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

11-05-2021, 12:54 PMbbjygm Wrote:
11-05-2021, 12:49 PMCarpy48 Wrote: If the rule was there and it's not new I don't understand why those that were late will get TPE. Not complaining, it's nice of you, just wondering why.

I think past PT departments were more lenient and took more responsibility in closing the PT exactly on time so some got complacent. It's still ultimately the responsibility of the user to have a valid response posted and edited before the deadline and this PT department seems to not want to take on the extra responsibility, which is perfectly valid. From what I've heard anecdotally, some of the offenders wouldn't have edited if they weren't allowed to, they were still operating under the assumption the PT team was taking responsibility for closing the post on time and they wouldn't have edited if they knew that changed.

To add onto this, the deadline is the deadline whether the post is open or closed. I can leave the post open until 2025 if I wanted to. If a user submits after the deadline, that is a late submission. Pretty black and white

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

tpe inflation smh

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

11-05-2021, 12:54 PMbbjygm Wrote:

I think my concern simply was, why do we have rules like the 15mins if all people need to do is to complain about them later so they'll get their TPE anyway? If you have rules then enforce them, not your problem as PT director if people can't read. But whatever...

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

11-05-2021, 02:43 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
11-05-2021, 12:54 PMbbjygm Wrote: I think past PT departments were more lenient and took more responsibility in closing the PT exactly on time so some got complacent. It's still ultimately the responsibility of the user to have a valid response posted and edited before the deadline and this PT department seems to not want to take on the extra responsibility, which is perfectly valid. From what I've heard anecdotally, some of the offenders wouldn't have edited if they weren't allowed to, they were still operating under the assumption the PT team was taking responsibility for closing the post on time and they wouldn't have edited if they knew that changed.

I think my concern simply was, why do we have rules like the 15mins if all people need to do is to complain about them later so they'll get their TPE anyway? If you have rules then enforce them, not your problem as PT director if people can't read. But whatever...

This TBH. I don't know what's up with SHL and not respecting deadlines these days eh.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]