Create Account

S62 PT#1: Game on

The Anaheim Outlaws have made a few upgrades during this offseason mainly through the drafting of a new generation of rookies. As the team was a team of rookies last year, there was loads of room to improve upon in all positions. Each positions need a good injection of youth to be a solid backup to those rookie of last year. The chances are that this season will be far better than the previous season, and hopefully no longer will be the team which other team secretly say is another practice session. Nothing really has been lost this saeason as the top player were all rookies. So its safe to say the only way is up. Now the start of the season has been far better than the expected taking a winning record into the end of the first week of the season. All in all I belive that Anaheim have a really good shot at making a very solid run into the playoffs in their own right this team, after being placed into a 4 team division.

[Image: gill.png]

The first line for the up and coming squad rolled up to the rink looking fly as hell. Holy sheeeeit did this team look fucking good.
In goal - Jon St. Ark - Stalwart for the Specters he's a real up and comer.
On defense - Finn Von Murphenstein & Ole Olson. This partnership is absolutely disgusting - von Murphenstein brings the hits the blocks the strength and the smouldering. Olson brings the speed the control the assists and the goals. Absolutely phenomenal partnership.
Wingers - Nikolaj Boyle & Mew Two. 2 big names from S58. Boyle brings that Latvian flair - he's extremely proficient at making coffees for the team, mines as black as night. Mew Two brings almost god like power to the team shredding players left right and centre with his patented psybeam.
Finally at centre we have the one the only Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Austrian centre of the future. Absolute legend, he'll be knocking in goals for fun this season.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 01:49 PM by gaby.)

Prompt 2

This will be my player's first season in the SHL. Barengrub was drafted by Tampa Bay and was traded this offseason for picks to the San Francisco Pride. I'm joining a team in a similar situation that is looking to make some noises in the playoffs as the rebuilding/building part is pretty much done. San Francisco was one of the busier team as they also added via trade Jack Klompus, a near 2000 TPE forward still one season off regression and signing veteran defenseman Parker Smeb. Goaltender Senji Seteki also got called up giving the Pride one of the best goalie tandem in the league. The team pretty much let go of a lot of picks and inactive players in exchange of those acquisitions. They expect of course better results than the previous season as the team got quite a lot better on paper. A playoff round win isn't out of the question and who knows what can happen after.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Prompt 2

The barracuda haven't proved drastically due to trilogy and wing and many other players getting better and a lot better with that even the regressing players really haven't gotten worse we've just kind of stayed the same and the ship is sailing and the courses been set and the captains are pecking the order. This year is going to be a big year for us up front we are absolutely loaded 2 lines that can beat you any which way a 3rd line which is right there and could be most teams 2nd line I mean things are just really looking up with all the potential in the locker room and very few regression. I can. I can't wait to see the results this season brings as this team has been primed and loaded for years to finally accomplish the gold they sent out for many seasons ago and that's a cup a title and a chance to live forever in that vacuum .

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Prompt 1

I find this prompt to be pretty fun, especially in that I can technically fall under two of the teams.

We're going to start with the Hall-Of-Famers team, which Jakub Aittokallio would, in my belief, be selected for. The clutch gene was there, and in tournament play, Jakub was practically unstoppable in many ways. There are many options in net, but Jakub was the most clutch goaltender possibly of all time. Meanwhile, around the team will be former teammates and friends of Aittokallio, such as Ivo Willems or Willie Weber. Two of the better two-way players in league history. Jakub would require that Kyle Keenan gets added to the team, as he is the designated penalty server for Aittokallio, who is known to have a hot head. Sure, Keenan is more valuable on the ice for the penalty kill, but that doesn't matter and ultimately it's more fun to make him angry with serving for me.

I'll close out with adding Lucas Smith to the team. While most wouldn't see Smith as one of the best players in league history, he is somebody who was the heart and soul of the Edmonton Blizzard dynasty. In his prime, he was a point per game contributor who ended his career with multiple goal and point records. I would also include Laraque Obama, if we're talking a tournament, we need clutch people. Obama is the game winning goal master, and should absolutely be included on this team.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Merlin Metzler wasn't lucky enough to be placed on the Up-And-Comers, but Alexis Metzler, sure enough, got a spot in the Hall-Of-Famers team. He wasn't quite lucky enough to be selected on the very top pair of this team, mind you. Alonzo Garbanzo was already a pass first defenceman, and the unquestionable best defenseman of all time in the league; for best balance, a shooting defenceman was selected for the second spot, and Ludwig Koch Schroder was named for it. The same mix was selected for the second pair, and Alexis Metzler was selected to stand alongside Ben Dover, and the third pair was Bubba Nuck and Jasper Clayton. Fortunately, team practice wasn't particularly awkward; all of these guys kinda knew each other, and a few of them had even played on the same team at times. The main focus was ensuring they still had all of their skills, and then a sit down meeting after the lineups of the other teams were announced to determine who was going to match up best against each threat on the other teams, to ensure maximum domination in the tournament.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

PROMPT 2-

The altanta inferno went thru a lot of changes this offseason. We signed the legendary Gabriel Johnson to bolster our defensive corp a bit. Talking about that core, it needed some help as many of them are still young pieces and with the calling up of Angus McFife XVIII, who will definitly bust, it's good to have gabe in here. Inferno also called up a towel, but that towel doesnt really dry well so far, it reallys needs to train harded. The new backup goalie Petrov has also been called up, he could see a bit more icetime since the Inferno will play lots of back to back games and also will have to protect Samat from playing behind that young D-Core. Jack Nishimori was also called for the forward group, he is an honest worker and should slot well into the top 9 and provide good two way play. The biggest change is the last few season rookies becoming established in the league that should pull off some wins.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2021, 07:59 PM by Kierkan.)

Prompt 2 Graphic

ASM has been a stud for Calgary in his first season, let's go!

[Image: 5uk47yh.png]

Prompt 2:

I literally could not tell you what my team, the famed Atlanta Inferno did this off season. Off the top of my head, we restructured the contract of the best co GM in the league, golden glutes, aka Guy Zheng. His contract in this final year? maybe, not actually sure what year it is, went from $6 million big ones a year, down to $5 because regression put him in a lower contact tier. What did we do with that money? Pretty sure nothing and it just went to someone one the team who needs money cause they are broke, unlike us grizzled veteran fantasy mangers with fat bank accounts. Other than that, we called up some junior players, including a towel who needs to update more and is holding us back. We also voted on some new captains, unfortunately even though Gabe voted for me, I was not selected. Which makes me ready to leave this team so that I can be appreciated elsewhere.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

ISFL Affiliate

A lot of the changes this off season for the big team are interesting. The GM making some big moves up top and the new coach have been going through all the data, looking at all the stats and advanced numbers as well as the player numbers and just doing the hard work. The new players and changes to the lines have honestly done something to really lead to a kind of awaking inside the locker room. The bois are being put to work and are be forced to earn there spots. We know that we will not be able to stroll into the playoffs are even set the world on fire, but the goal is to be scrappy and make some noise and ruin some peoples playoff asperations. Shiny and Inf1d3l deserve all the credit in the world for the hard work they put into making sure that the team is fun to be on and fun to play for as well as fun to watch on the ice.

[Image: Off.gif]

Quote:PROMPT 1- The SHL technological department (this is a thing?) funded by Luke and his 440,000,000 dollars has had a huge breakthrough and is introducing THE GAME, the ability to upload a player's consciousness into a simulation and play out a hockey tournament with these players. It works like a photocopy of your brain, allowing you to live your life inside the simulation while also having a normal life outside of it, as you've been doing your whole life. The SHL has already collected the consciousnesses of a large number of SHLers, past and present, to begin constructing teams for the ultimate all-time SHL legend tournament.

The 4 teams include the Up-and-Comers, players who haven't hit their prime yet but show incredible promise to become future superstars. Then there's the Superstars, elite talent in the SHL who show dominance on the scoresheet night in and night out. The Grizzled Vets are players deep into regression but still solid, with legendary careers and are likely locks for the SHL hall of fame. The Hall-Of-Famers are retired players who once were the tip-top of the SHL and acknowledged by the HOF committee as deserving of one of the highest honors in the sport.

Now for the crazy part: YOU have been selected to take part in this tournament of the best of the best. Yeah, you. So join us on a season long ride where you might just win the honors of being the best SHLer to ever exist.

Written Task: Describe which team you have been placed on. Younger players will be on the Up-and-Comers, players at peak tpe or just in regression will be in the Superstars, players well into regression will be on the Grizzled Vets, and if you have a retired HOF player (as we all do) feel free to write as them on the Hall-of-Famers team. Once you've picked your team: Write about your teammates, pick at least 4 players selected to your team to help build your narrative. Describe your first practice and generally interacting with them. Be creative! This is your story to build on in the coming weeks.

First thing's first: I'm on the Superstars team, with a view to joining the Grizzled Vets sooner than later. The thing about us superstars is, we have big egos. We can't afford to lose. The Up-and-Comers don't deserve to take home the grand prize, because they haven't put the time in to make the league what it is. The Grizzled vets had their moment, and are now clinging to their careers in a futile attempt to stay relevant. And the Hall-of-famers? Come on. There's such a thing as life after (sim) hockey, so bite the bullet and move on to something less labor intensive, you grandpa.

For my teammates, I'll pick five other players to play on the starting lineup for the Superstars, in addition to my player (Adam Barron, Defenseman):
F - Karl Krashwagen, my good buddy from my Halifax Raiders playing days. A bruising forward with lethal scoring sense, he's near-singlehandedly carried the Platoon through its rebuild these last few seasons.
F - Ryan Shepard, another S50 classmate. Comes from high stock after being selected first overall in the S49 SMJHL entry draft and has proven to be a key part of the Syndicate's long run as a top team in the league.
F - Mitchell van der Heijden. A year younger than the others, but no less accomplished. He's got more than enough playoff experience having gone on several deep runs with the Hamilton Steelhawks and can provide
D - Augustus Wang. My classmate that I probably have the most competition with, since he's been at the top of the leaderboard for D scoring for several seasons now. A mainstay on Buffalo's blueline.
G - Elizabeth Doyle. Same class as van der Heijden, she's quite possibly the greatest goalie to ever play in the SHL. Clear superstar.

I imagine the team walking down a hall to practice in slow motion, all wearing suits, all looking like they could take on the entire world, let alone a few upstart teams in a simulation. How do we do in the tournament? That remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure: we're the favourites going in and we plan on living up to the highest expectations.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Prompt 1:

Team: Superstars
[Image: jw2b18R.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

THE CALGARY DRAGONS HAVE ADDED A BRAND NEW THING TO THEIR TEAM OVER THE OFFSEASON AND IT IS CALLED SOUP, THEY ADDED SOUP TO THEIR TEAM. BEFORE THE OFFSEASON THEY HAD NO SOUP, BUT THEN THEY ADDED SOUP BUT THEY DIDN'T LOSE ANYTHING BECAUSE SOUP IS THE BEST. I FEEL GREAT ABOUT THIS SEASON UPCOMING NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE SOUP AND SOUP IS GREAT I AM NOT GOING TO TRY AND MAKE A NAME FOR MYSELF AS WE ALREADY HAVE SOUP AND SOUP CAN DO THAT BEFORE US BUT YEAH MAYBE I AM A LITTLE NUMB BECAUSE THE CUP CHAMPION IS ALREADY DECIDED AND IT FUCKING SUCKS AND DRAMA IS JUST THE BEST THING AND I HOPE THAT THE DRAMA IS FUN AND SAFE FOR EVERYONE BUT I HOPE MOST OF ALL THAT THE OFFSEASON HAS MORE SOUP BECAUSE I ENJOY SOUP AND I ENJOY THAT THE CALGARY DRAGONS HAVE ADDED SOUP TO THEIR TEAM AND THAT IS A GREAT THING TO HAVE

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Prompt 2

I didn't feel like doing too much looking into other players, but I can sure talk about my own team! This season is a bit of a weird one for me and for Minnesota, as my players is entering into his prime, hoping to be around 1600 TPE by playoffs, but the team has also been losing a lot of talent to aging stars and retirements. I think we have made some decent moves this season to bring in players like clean who will bolster our lineup through some turbulence, but it is uncertain where Minnesota fits in at the moment. The start of the season looks like we are still in our usual third spot in the Central, but with a lot of runway left to run, I am expecting NOLA to put up a bit more of a fight this season, and with a very tight Pacific, I am even more interested to see how the playoffs shake out. All in all, I am hoping to build on my 30ish points finish I have had the last two seasons, but it looks like that will be a tall task!