Create Account

S62 PT#1: Game on

The Texas Renegades were lucky to have only had two roster changes this offseason, we were able to sign all of our returning players. the first minor change was in our backup goalie, we moved on from Elle Rush who eas at 201 TPE before regression this season and signed Edward Teach a 236 TPE goalie who played for the Anaheim Outlaws.
But the major replacement this season was when the Renegades called up Bjorn Bjorn a now 659 TPE Right Wing who played for the Carolina Kracken, whom the Renegades drafted 12th overall in the S60 SHL entry draft. the reason for this callup was because of the retirement of the long time Renegade Josef Kubinec, who had been with the Renegades since they drafted him 53rd overall in the 4th round of the S47 SHL draft and first suited up for Texas in the S50 season. Bjorn Bjorn has some big shoes to fill as Kubinec was the 4th all time points scorer in Renegade history, only behind Jack Durden, Chris Partlow, and the Renegades current captain, Andreas Kvalheim

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

So this is interesting for me because for the past few seasons I've been bouncing around teams for a while, something I guess isn't so unusual for someone in the twilight years of their career. I was playing with Atlanta last season and I've joined Seattle this season. Other than the obvious (Atlanta losing me and Seattle gaining me), from what I've seen, Atlanta has had a few younger guys coming up through the ranks that are starting to fill out their roster nicely. Arguably some depth was lost with me, but within a season or so that gap will be well filled, if it hasn't already. Seattle gaining me has helped fill in some forward depth. To be honest I wasn't super familiar with the team prior to joining, but for the most part the team is decently rounded. Perhaps a little forward and goaltending depth would be helpful. Overall though I'm excited to be given a change to provide my own contributions to a new team, and who knows, maybe make some sort of upset happen in the playoffs.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Prompt 1

Lyle Odelein III is definitely considered a veteran nowadays. Starting his 13th season in the SHL, Lyle has done a lot and seen a lot in the SHL. If he were to make a team of his fellow SHL veterans he would want to choose players he knows well, players from his draft class, S48. First would be his old St. Louis Scarecrow teammate, Mina Kandinsky. The Winnipeg forward has had a great career and is still a very relevant player in the SHL. Second would be Kaspars Claude. Lyle’s teammate in New Orleans for a few seasons, the aging defender would be an easy pick. Another teammate of Odeleins, a team Canada teammate, who has played with Lyle in every IIHF and WJC since he started, Gabriel Johnson would once again suit up with Lyle. That about does it for his S48 players, but Lyle would want to add another team Canada teammate, Dick Vlapper. While in the thick of regression this team would no doubt still be a force to reckon with. Their skill and experience would be a display and they would be very hard to beat.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Prompt two because I hate reading

Jaska Seppala who plays on the buffalo stampede in the great lakes division of the simulation hockey league does not think the Buffalo Stampede has changed a whole lot in terms of players. We did not add anybody to our main roster did not lose any one important. Because of the big dumb cap it is difficult to add players to our current roster. However our team is filled with a bunch of active players so if anything we just got better and it reflects in our performance to start the season. However, Jaska Seppala is pretty numb to the whole playoff experience. What is truly the point when you are going up against a bunch of bots to fight for the cup? It is pretty selfish statement because of Buffalo's success but still much of the regular season does not matter. Jaska Seppala is still pumped to see how he does individually because individual stats is the main thing that matters

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

pROMPT 2

my player aleksander kozlov who plays in the shl or otherwise known as the simulation hockey league in these parts plays on a team called the tampa bay barracuda or the tbb for short who are in one of the divisions in the simulation hockey league which is inside one of the conferences in the simulaiton hockey league as well. the tampa bay barracuda simulation hockey team of the simulaiton hockey league (shl for short) has added a ton this offseason and is prepped for a huge year this season, we have added lots of tpe over the offseaosn to the tamap bay barracuda hockey club as well as some new rookies that we have been ripening in the simulation major junior hockey league on their junior teams for a few seasons for this very moement when they can produce in the simualtion hockey elauge on the tampa bay barracuda for us all in all it was a huge offseason adn we are looking goodf or this seaosn

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Prompt 1

Lord Raiden has been selected to be on an elite Up-and-Comers team made up of solely Season 55 players. (because S55 is the best and not quite at their peak). Raiden is joined by two of his BAP buddies, Daniil Nikiforov and Teddy Murphy. These guys are just monsters on the ice. Nikiforov is an offensively elite weapon while Murphy is a big physical shutdown defender. Joining the BAP trio is one of Raiden's good friends, Gudmundur Kristjansson. Kristjansson played with Raiden in Colorado in the SMJHL for 3 seasons before they both got called up. They always have kept in touch and have always looked forward to playing together again. Kristjansson is an elite playmaker on the ice. And the last player to join the squad is Axel Foley. Foley plays with Raiden on Team USA after transfering out of Canada. Foley is just an all around great defender. He does everything so well. He can play and adjust his game as needed. 

So the first day of getting this squad together goes very smoothly. Raiden knows them all and everyone has been around long enough to know each other. Raiden also just makes sure everyone is cool and comfortable. But its no surprise that when on the ice this squad just clicks right away. They are flying around practice just putting on a clinic. It is hard to imagine another Up-and-Comers team being able to compete with them. It will be interesting to see just how good this squad is. 

-254 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

I'm on the New Orleans Spectors and I think this team is in a kind of weird state. We're building for the era of around S56 to S59, but beyond that we have some really old players that are absolute legends. Lyle Odelein III and Slip McScruff are a defensive pairing for the history books.

The youngest player on the team is Tomas Zadina who is a mostly defensive sniper. Not quite good enough right now to really contribute but he's getting to the point where he isn't a total liability.

I'd say the main core of our team is going to be Xavier Doom, Valtterri Kauppinen, Jean-Locke Zidane, and Ville Kurri. Those 4 players are ones who I expected to be absolute super stars in the league. I would describe pretty much all of them as decent skaters who excel defensively without having to play the body too much and are great at playmaking and getting open. They all have decent shots (except for Zidane who plays defense), but they score their goals mostly from back door plays rather than unloading from the point.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Prompt 1

My current player Daniel Smeb would likely be on the grizzled vets team being deep into regression with career coming to an end and a likely future inductee in the Hall of Fame. The team would have lots of members to choose from form the plenty of future hall of famers from the dominant S46 and S47 class as well as the remaining S43 players. A team with the likes of Daniel Smeb, Corey Kennedy Parker Smeb, Martin Westbrook, Monkey D Luffy, Micheal Scarn, Theo Morgan, Luke Thomason, Pepperoni, Slothface, Zheng, Clapper and many others that I missed with of course coach Aaron Wilson would be quite competitive even with the young superstars easily winning the tournament with our superior tactics. One of my former players in the hall of fame would be in the hall of fame team and likely get destroyed with the other hall of famers not having played in a while, but it would be cool to see so many great players together on the ice again even from different eras.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

PROMPT 2

The Chicago Syndicate didn't do too much this offseason, but we did add Rintarou Okabe, who is taking up a spot on the defensive core. We added him for this season only, but we are excited to have him on the squad. We know him from his days in Newfoundland, so he gelled in the locker room really quickly. We did however lose on the best Chicago Syndicate players to ever play on the team in Parker Smeb. He won a bunch of awards and is probably the leading defensive point producer ever for the team. So that was sad, but he wanted to go somewhere he could be featured which is going to happen in San Fran. With that being said, I am really excited about the make up of this team and I think we are going to have a really strong showing. It will interesting to see once the playoffs starts though as that's usually just a whole new thing. Looking forward, I am excited to see how the Chicago Syndicate will do.

Code:
178 words

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

PROMPT 2:

So, let me be totally honest, I have no real clue how the team has changed during the offseason. I can tell you about myself as a part of the Wolfpack though. I am back from a bit of a sabbatical or hiatus and trying to be that grizzled old vet that will do just about anything to stay in the game. I am definitely aging in this league and my prime seasons are well behind me now, so every game I get to get on the ice is a good one as far as I am concerned. I am certainly slower than I use to be, and I am no longer much of an offensive threat, but damn, do I know how to play some defense. If getting in the trenches will keep me playing in the league then I am all about it. I will also say, that I am fortunate to have such a team of great people that will allow me to take up a roster spot in my old age and still try to find a way to contribute and support the team. Gone are the days where I was a premier player, and now I find myself in the mentor role, and it is a good feeling.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Prompt 2

The Los Angeles Panthers made big strides this offseason, but for a Season 65 window more than this current season. Superstar winger and chronic underperformer Jimmy Wagner has new line mates in Sarah Burke and Rock Strongo, up and coming stars looking to take over the league. The youth movement in Los Angeles is strong and while they look to contend for a messy Pacific division for the next few seasons, their eventual aspirations are much higher. Wagner and Lee are two of the oldest players on the roster now, and both have at least half a decade of elite play left in the tank before they're to be relegated to depth roles. The future is bright in Los Angeles, with some of the best and brightest of the class of 56 taking form, and they're the team to watch as they follow a similar trajectory to Texas and Buffalo with heavy contributions from a single class.

159 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 11:36 PM by grok.)

prompt 1

the s61 to s62 transition for the seattle argonauts was not particularly stark in the top units. biscuit, darrow, centerman iv, and murphy are still the top 4 on defense, sutherland podcalzone and darzins still hold the top line minutes, and odinson remains the starting goaltender. little has changed on top of the lineup. however, the team's upcoming roster is starting to show itself. ramza and davenport are taking up huge minutes on the third pairing with veteran bo kane. uruqhart and RESO are starting to grow into big time players on the third pairing. while the team's core has not changed, the youth movement is starting to show toward the bottom of the lineup. with nightingale, harrak, fischermann and manning poised to make the lineup in the next two seasons, as well as miller making waves in the smjhl as seattle's future starting goaltender, this transitional core is setting the framework for what will be a championship contender in the near future.

Prompt 1 Sounds interesting. Going to write about it.

Rikard is nearing the peak of his TPE. With an outside shot of reaching 2k, Rikard has been thrust into a prominent role on the Steelhawks. While he doesn’t feel like it, he is now reaching “Superstar” status in the SHL and was somehow chosen to be on the Superstars team. Filled with a bunch of S53ers, Rikard sees his main competition day in and day out in his team. Players that he hated playing against like Steve Harrington, Ryuuji Minamino, Magnus Liljestrom, are now sitting next to and across to him in the Locker Room. Rikard remembers the points races, the many battles in the playoffs and in the regular season against these foes. Hammarberg wouldn’t classify himself as a top player but a very good supplementary player and he sees himself playing that role in this newly formed team. Interactions have been interesting, but grouping everyone together in this simulated simulated word is going to be fun.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

Prompt 2

I am absolutely thrilled for this season and I think we could be on the brink of something truly special in Hamilton. Most folks would simply think that winning a title would be the high water mark and just be happy to have that one trophy in their trophy case. But not me, and not our team of Steelhawks. We worked as hard as ever in the offseason to make sure we build on last season's championship and don't let the title go to our heads. As for me, I hope this year is my coming out party, of sorts. I've had two solid seasons with Hamilton, but I'm truly trying to make a name for myself not just as a scorer and distributor, but as one of the best two-way players in all of hockey. If all you do is excel on one end of the ice, you're leaving your team vulnerable half the time. I want to be a force on offense, on defense, on the powerplay, everything. That's why I've come into this season as focused as ever with an added emphasis on my all-around play. Hopefully we can go back to back and I can take home some hardware, myself!

204 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT