Create Account

The Quintuplets are back - 3 years anniversary Ask Us Anything
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 02:18 PM by Carpy48.)

Ready for grading. Can be split between SDCore, bbjygm and myself.

---

Hello SHL!

A year has passed since we've had the last S47 Quintuplet Ask Us Anything. And - surprise - we are all still active. More or less.
@Carpy48 @SDCore  @bbjygm @hotdog @Julio Tokolosh

On this day exactly three years ago all five of us decided to create a player in this league and since then we've all had quite different careers, different site jobs, achievements, ups and downs. Today you get to ask us questions if you have any and we will try to answer them.

To sum us up, here are some quick notes about our players.

@Carpy48  Stars

Player: Harry Carpet

Teams:
- Lethbridge Lions (now: Newfoundland Berserkers)
- Toronto North Stars
- Finland

Achievements:
- S49 All Rookie Team
- S51 3rd All Star Team
- S54, S62 2nd All Star Team
- S59 1st All Star Team
- S59, S62 John McBride Trophy (won)
- S54, S58, S60 John McBride Trophy (nominated)
- S55, S62 Damian Littleton Tropy (nominated)
- 2K Club (first 2K goalie in SHL history)
- S55 Four Star Cup with Newfoundland (as Coach)
- S61 Bronze Medal with Finland (IIHF)
- S62 Gold Medal with Finland (IIHF)

Jobs:
- Graphics Grader / Graphics Department Head
- IIHF Finland Federation Head
- Lethbridge Lions/Newfoundland Berserkers Team Advisor

Memories:
- S47 played first game for Toronto as a SMJHL call-up: first win
- S50 surprise playoff run with a virtually 'dead' Toronto team that was trying to tank
- S52 being part of the core group that rebranded/relocated Lethbridge Lions to Newfoundland Berserkers
- S53 first FHM season with Toronto as the worst team in the league. Many difficult seasons followed being in the Great Lakes division.
- S58 playoff run with Toronto that took us all the way to the Conference finals and ended in a loss against BUF in game 7 (OT).
- S62 Gold Medal with Finland, so far my biggest achievement in the league.
- After the conclusion of S63 (regular season) I'm holding all goalie franchise records for Toronto and the SHL record in shutouts as well as the record for wins and games played (among active goalies).

@SDCore  syndicate

Player: Corey Kennedy

Teams:
- Anaheim Outlaws
- Chicago Syndicate
- Ireland

Achievements:
- S48 SMJHL Defensive Player of the Year
- S49 All Rookie Team
- S51, S57 3rd All Star Team
- S54 2nd All Star Team
- S51, S56 1st All Star Team
- S56 Scott Stevens Award
- S51 Aidan Richan Award
- S60 Lance Uppercut Award (Chi GM)
- S62 Joe McKeil Award (Chi Coach)
- S51, S56 Damian Littleton Trophy
- 2K Club
- S47 Four Star Cup with Anaheim (as Player)
- S55 Four Star Cup with Newfoundland (as GM)
- S57 Challenge Cup with Chicago (as Coach/Player)

Jobs:
- Commissioner (former)
- Head Office (former)
- Newfoundland Berserkers Co-GM (former)
- Chicago Syndicate GM
- SMJHL HO

Memories:
- S47 Four Star Cup PBP - Fun times with new teammates
- S52 being part of the core group that rebranded/relocated Lethbridge Lions to Newfoundland Berserkers
- S49 - present Everything that is Newfoundland
- S57 Challenge Cup with Chicago
- Being Commissioner to help with the transition from STHS to FHM
- My almost 2 1/2 years in Head Office
- All the really good friends I've had over the course of this whole crazy 3 years

@bbjygm  Wolfpack

Player: Slap McShotty

Teams:
- Anaheim Outlaws
- DACH
- New England Wolfpack
- Switzerland

Achievements:
- S47 Four Star Cup
- S49 Mathias Chouinard Trophy
- S53 President's Trophy
- S53 All-Star Team 1
- S53 Richan Trophy nominee
- S60 Jeff Dar Trohpy
- New England Franchise Pts Leader
- 2K Club

Jobs:
- SMJHL Intern
- Updater / Auditor
- SMJHL Pick Tracker (current)
- Fantasy Manager (current)
- SHL PT contractor (current)
- Historian (current)

Memories:
- Hot Potato: tracked and reported on a hypothetical hot potato that got passed whenever the "holder" hit someone. Reported on its activity for a few seasons.
- SHL Fantasy²: organized a small fantasy league where participants drafted SHL Fantasy competitors onto their own fantasy team roster. Went on for about 2 seasons.
- S53: New England had a good run in the regular season and came out on top. We saw this as the start of our window of competition that the rebuild had been building towards.
- S53 Playoffs: New England was knocked out somewhat early in the playoffs by Hamilton. We played well but met up with our main contender, Hamilton, fairly early so we didn't make it far.
- S54 Offseason: New England's core was effectively disbanded via a chain reaction of trade requests. This effectively destroyed the rebuild. Much sad.

@hotdog  Inferno

More info to be added.

@Julio Tokolosh  Blizzard

More info to be added.

----

02-16-2022, 12:01 PMbbjygm Wrote:
02-15-2022, 03:48 PMSlashACM Wrote: Imagine being s47

-s43 gang

Yes. Next question

multiple people Wrote:
02-16-2022, 12:09 PMPatty Wrote: i will not ask a question but instead provide an answer 

1. Carpy
2. Hotdog
3. Julio
4. SD
5. bbjygm

bbjygm: Who'd you save first in a life-or-death situation?
Carpy48: I was going to say "How do you rank these 5 from favorite to least favorite?" but that can't be it, because Corey isn't last.
SDCore: Why am I not last or first. This list confuses me. Maybe it's people you... No I can't think of anything I'd be 4th

02-16-2022, 02:45 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
02-16-2022, 02:01 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I would like to ask:

Carpy - Vad är din favoritmat (särskilt när det är kallt ute?)

Tack för frågan. Kan jag svara "kaffe" här? Nej? Varför inte? Eller kanske "varmt kaffe" för att det är kallt ute.

02-17-2022, 02:51 AMSDCore Wrote:

Corey - is there anything on this site you want to do that you haven't done yet?

Do you want an honest answer? There is one job I want on the site and have for a long time I haven't had but I will DM you if you ask nicely.

A funny answer would be, change sim engines again?

multiple people Wrote:
02-23-2022, 06:10 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: If you could travel back in time and tell yourself one thing before you joined SHL what would it be?

Carpy: Don't think "I might just check this out first for a little bit and if anyone asks I'll tell them I don't know how active I will be". Just go in, don't overthink things too much, be yourself and enjoy it. I probably stayed away from a lot of things in the league early and shouldn't have done that. You should try to build connections early and not two years into your career.

Sorry about the late reply.

bbjygm: Did not notice this until now. I wouldn't say I have any regrets regarding the SHL so I'd probably say, "invest in Zoom before 2020," or something.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Imagine being s47

-s43 gang

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-15-2022, 03:48 PMSlashACM Wrote: Imagine being s47

-s43 gang

Yes. Next question

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

i will not ask a question but instead provide an answer 

1. Carpy
2. Hotdog
3. Julio
4. SD
5. bbjygm

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

02-16-2022, 12:09 PMPatty Wrote: i will not ask a question but instead provide an answer 

1. Carpy
2. Hotdog
3. Julio
4. SD
5. bbjygm

Who'd you save first in a life-or-death situation?

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

I would like to ask:

Corey - is there anything on this site you want to do that you haven't done yet?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

1. Carpy
2. Hotdog
3. Julio
4. SD
5. bbjygm

I was going to say "How do you rank these 5 from favorite to least favorite?" but that can't be it, because Corey isn't last.

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

Tack för frågan. Kan jag svara "kaffe" här? Nej? Varför inte? Eller kanske "varmt kaffe" för att det är kallt ute.

Stars Lions Berserkers

1. Carpy
2. Hotdog
3. Julio
4. SD
5. bbjygm

Why am I not last or first. This list confuses me. Maybe it's people you... No I can't think of anything I'd be 4th

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Do you want an honest answer? There is one job I want on the site and have for a long time I haven't had but I will DM you if you ask nicely.

A funny answer would be, change sim engines again?

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Anyone else?

Stars Lions Berserkers

Love ya Carp

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

If you could travel back in time and tell yourself one thing before you joined SHL what would it be?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

02-23-2022, 06:10 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: If you could travel back in time and tell yourself one thing before you joined SHL what would it be?

Don't think "I might just check this out first for a little bit and if anyone asks I'll tell them I don't know how active I will be". Just go in, don't overthink things too much, be yourself and enjoy it. I probably stayed away from a lot of things in the league early and shouldn't have done that. You should try to build connections early and not two years into your career.

Sorry about the late reply.

Stars Lions Berserkers

Definitely ready for grading now I think.

Stars Lions Berserkers