S64 PT#0: Read the Room

PT Pass - Simmer

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

PBE PT

First of all, thank you to Slash for taking on this thankless role and taking it seriously. Slash clearly cared about his role and performed to the best of his ability, which is really all anyone can ask for on this user donated time driven site. I enjoy the “fantasy” aspect of writing PTs. My favorite is getting into the head of my player not only around the on-ice hockey related writing but all of the things that would surround being a pro athlete – this most recent mPT about summering is a great one for me and I could’ve written a dissertation on Sven’s enjoyment of the summer on Martha’s Vineyard. The mental “escapism” aspect of the league is one I truly enjoy. The other ones I really enjoy are those that put me in the shoes of an SHL reporter of sorts – discussing my teams success this season, my players stats, storylines in the league, etc. I’m less interested in the very silly PTs that break my immersion with my escapism SHL fantasy.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

ISFL Affiliate Claim

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

P1

First and foremost thank you mister slash for your hard work these last few seasons. I really enjoyed how you managed to make the Pt's a lot more user focused and provide multiple options. I really have been enjoying this hat tricks as well. Its like a fun weekly prop bet which i've really enjoyed this far. My dearest Dan. I've known you for a good while now and can already see the impact you've had on this department. Just continue to keep things fun and silly and these weekly "chores" as some people call them will begin to become much more enjoyable. Continue to enjoy and have fun writing tasks and making us all laugh around here. I know you know how I feel so i'm looking forward to the weekly point tasks more than I ever have before. Keep up the good work and keep having fun for yourself too. Thats what this is all about.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PBE Affiliate Link

Unlike a lot of users in the SHL, I couldn't care less about the role playing aspect of the league. That's why I always stuggled, and never enjoyed, the point tasks that involved fleshing out your player's backstory or developing some sort of character and personality for your player. So thank you Slash for including multiple prompts for point tasks the last few seasons, and always including one option that was more sim focused, which is my preference. I find it far easier and enjoyable to talk about what's going on in the league. It doesn't necessarily to be sim-related, I find tasks talking about the structure of teams and the movement of players just as interesting. Most of all, I enjoy any point tasks that dive into the history of the league, but I know those can be a bit more of chore for newer members.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I think when it comes to PT's it's a lose-lose situation, just because some people are always going to like or dislike whatever you choose, so pleasing the entire crowd is a fruitless venture. What's important, in my opinion, is that the person writing the prompts is actively engaged and/or interested in whatever topic is put out there. If you put someone in charge that isn't committed to it then the whole thing eventually falls apart. Personally, I'm a fan of the PT's that enable the writer to involve another user / player. Something like "who on your team do you look up to" or "what rival player intimidates you the most" or something along those lines. It gets people involved with the PT's instead of the writer trudging through 150 words and the grader checking to see if it meets the criteria. Making PT's more enjoyable for people other than those two is a big step towards PT's being more than a weekly chore.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I've been a member of the VHL for a very long time and you could say the same about the SHL despite being on and off over the course of many, many years. Both leagues have their perks but one thing I like about the SHL is their Point Task system. Sometimes it can be a little exhausting and I'd imagine life and what's going on can be a contributing factor. I could be wrong but it seems as though they may have made it a little easier to earn TPE in terms of how long the word count has to be? I'm probably wrong but I swear I remember it being longer once upon a time.. Am I wrong?

Thing I like about the point task system:
-> It gets you looking around the league and through the index's. Keeps you up to date on things and sometimes you even learn new things. I don't care for this too much but it is what it is haha

-> I like the ones where you get to be goofy, funny, shit talk lightly where you get to let your imagination run free. Something along the lines of "A new cereal company has come out with a brand around your team and wants to have advertisements and slogans etc ran about the team... what is the cereal? What is the name? What did you have to do?". Not the greatest example, but shit like that lol.

244 words

Prompt 1

I really enjoyed some of the more creative PTs this past season, such as the one where you have an alternate reality version of yourself that was inspired by the newest Spider-Man movie. I also enjoy the prompts that allow me to be Patya, because it is always a good time to decide how hard I want to break his English in any particular given situation. I do find these sorts of PTs more engaging than others, and I have not been in the league for very long, but I would definitely say that this past season's PTs were my favorite so far and that Slash did an even better job than he usually does. I know the same cannot be said for everyone, as most people do not roleplay as hard as even I do, let alone to the extent that Clean and the guy who roleplays as General Grievous aka Narboza Manyhands. I am not sure if the prompts are as engaging for someone like that as they are for me, since joining the site has reawakened the part of me that enjoys creative writing and getting to flex those muscles a bit from time to time.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

I would like to apologize for the incident that occurred yesterday at two pm during practice. I did not mean to offend my teammates by my actions. There will never be poop on the ice again. I trusted a fart, and got scared by a shot at the same and it wasn't planned. I'd like to apologize for the color and the smell... it wasn't intentional but I've been having some stomach problems lately that I didn't want to tell coach about because I wanted to keep playing.

I promise I'll clean the ice up by myself and bring everyone fancy cologne. Also, I'll make sure I stop making dog food jokes around everyone because they weren't helping.

I also wanted to say that I'm sorry to the ice crew who now has to shave down a ton of ice to get it completely clean so there's not just frozen poop on the ice forever.

To my opponents, I'll show you the spot when I check you and rub your face in it like the bad dogs you are.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

I would say the best thing about PT is being able to be creative and build some imagination around my player. I like the prompts about a scenario where you have to decide what your player does in that situation. I don't see the PT's as a chore. I feel they could be more player based rather than just a random scenario not really about hockey. I do like to keep it themed on hockey. I am always excited to see new leaders of the PT it helps keep things fresh and brings new vibes to PT. I feel some PT's can be tough when the task or scenario is vague and you have to really push to get the 150 words. If you have a lot of parts and questions inside the task it really helps to ease the task and make it less of a task. Overall I am excited to see what you have planned for PTs!

(165 Words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium