Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

PLAYER PROMPT

Kaapo Kampainen and the Edmonton Blizzard made the playoffs this season, but they do not have a lot of hopes of reaching the finals this season, but you never know! Since i'm doing this PT pretty late, I already know our fate and we lost in the first round in six agains the Los Angeles Panthers. Kaapo is still under contract long term with the Blizzard and there's a lot of stuff to be excited about with the team. The rebuild we started in S59-S60 is starting to pay dividends with the team winning their first playoff game since the time we unexpectedly reached the Conference Finals. We have a good young core and it feels weird to say Kaapo is one of the old ones on the team. I'm really excited about the future of this team and I don't want to leave. However, there will a change in management as GM Boom has decided to leave, but I'll be clear with whoever is the next GM that I'm here to stay and I don't want to leave.

179 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

ISFL affiliate (mattyoce971) +

Prompt 2

Marco Barengrub is a bit anxious for the upcoming playoffs. His team the Tampa Bay Barracuda will play once again the Atlanta Inferno in the first round. Last season the Cudas came back from a 3-0 deficit and win game 7. Barengrub was a complete non factor and he wishes this time around to do better to help the team. Atlanta will want to avenge that humiliating series loss, they will come out gun blazing. Marco is on his last year of his deal and he would be lying if it isn't on his mind. A deal seemed in place before the start of regular season but nothing official has been posted so who knows what will happen. Tampa Bay is in a weird spot with a mix of aging players, players in their prime and younger players. A team like Baltimore built around s55 players or LA with a core of s56 had a define window to contend. Tampa Bay if things stay like they are will continue to be a good regular season team but might be unable to have a real shot at the Challenge Cup.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Prompt 2

Patya am many looking forwards to off-season. Patya am push self harder and raise play for make teammates do same. Monarchs am not make playoffs this season. This make Patya many disappointeds. Patya am play for proving self again best competition, then Patya am become best, then Patya am become champion. This why Patya am playing the game. Patya not sure about team. Team is having prospects but team is many struggles. Patya knowing team many youngs and lack much experiences, so not sure if becoming competitive next season. Patya like for remain optimistic, but am not having crystal ball for seeing future. All Patya am knowing is that Patya do his best for team. Patya am have one more season before contract option am kicking in. Patya am see how this season go and then am weighing options for what is best for future of Patya. Maybe is best for Patya for staying and maybe is best for Patya for moving on. Only time can be telling.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

ISFL CW

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

It's been a bit of a rough ride this season for me, personally. Production wise, it started slower than I had anticipated but overall ended very well, met pretty much every goal I had set out for myself at the beginning of the season. When it comes to the team, we were all sort of expecting a down season but we squeezed into the playoffs despite the standings being very top heavy. It was a disappointing loss to the Kraken; especially considering they are icing a rookie goaltender and went a paltry 22-36 in the regular season, but there's nothing left to do now except deal with what happened and work towards greater success next season. I'll be back down with the Timber in S65, and look forward to building on what we've created here. We've got some great young players mixed with the veterans that I think will bring a lot of energy and talent to the ice next season.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

From episode one to the grand finale, a lot has changed for Mikael Jakobsen and the Kelowna Knights. While the regular season may not have went how the team was hoping things would go, Mikael Jakobsen ended up posting some stronger numbers compared to his rookie season. Through the 66 game season, he managed to post 14 goals, 29 assists and 43 points. While he did not reach his goal total of 20 like he wanted to do, his goal for points was anything 40 or higher. He's pretty happy with how the season went. Head into the playoffs and the Kelowna Knights found themselves facing off against the Anaheim organization. Kelowna managed to beat them in 5 games and took the series 4-1.

Hop into the second round and they're facing the Colorado Raptors. It's going to be a great series but right now the Knights are up on the dinos 2-1. Mikael Jakobsen has 4 goals, 2 assists and 6 points in their 8 games so far. There is a lot left to go, but the latest episode for the team is a hell of a one as they're defying all the odds which we seen in the regular season.

202 words. Thanks updating team!

This season I was the 16th best scorer in the SMJHL with 63 points, and even netting 24 goals in spite of being more of a playmaker overall.

I wasn't the best player on my team. I wouldn't be arrogant enough to think it. However, I was able to contribute and build myself up a little more. The strength that I've added over the course of this season is the most important part. When it comes to transitioning in to the big leagues it cannot be overstated how important it is to develop your body and strength to be able to compete with grown men. At this point, in my early 20s, my frame has filled out and I'm finally able to keep up physically with these much older guys.

The better part is, I've developed my style to be able to outpace them and outwork them. See, coming from the famed Aittokallio family means that I'm expected to be something more when I get to Manhattan. I'll be the third Aittokallio to play in Manhattan after all, and the fourth in the SHL as a whole. The ones before me have set the bar high and I'm expected to continue to carry it.

Next season I'll be a third liner most likely, and I know that. However, I also get the pleasure of being linemates with fellow rookies like Aksel Fiske and Jeff Larsson, both of whom I admire greatly and think will be incredible fits for my play style. Coming in, one of us should be competing for the Jesster this season, the only danger now is that we might steal votes from each other.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Sadly, Tampa Bay's final episode this season ended in heartbreak. The Tampa Bay Barracuda were swept, and there was nothing that can be done of it. As the team continues to get older and older, you have to sit there and wonder, how much more of this pain can we endure? The Tampa Bay Barracuda continue to strive for greatness to continue to making the playoffs, just to not being able to finish in the long run. We can always keep saying "there's always next year, or there's always next season" but how many times can this be said before you realize the core of the team is just not performing like it once was? Is this the golden age of the Tampa Bay Barracuda, or can they still continue to push for more? Will the team finally get over the hump and make it to the finals? Find out Next Season on the Tampa Bay Barracuda.

(160 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

The show was one of the greatest of all time! The ANA Outlaws were getting production from all sources this year both rookies and veterans alike. The season was hot from the start and had a few lulls here in there (not every show can have every episodes be awesome) there were some dud episodes in this show. The show stayed exciting all season long. We had some rookie leaders for awhile and some big PP points leaders for some time. The season and show seemed to really be history in the making, but like every good show, it must come to an end. Like the famous show Game of Thrones, this shows had a terrible ending. The Outlaws hit the playoffs in a good spot against a team with a very competitive record. The Kelowna Knights came to play and made quick work to end the series in 5 games. The show had so much promise and just couldn't finish the way viewers wanted.

(168 words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

This season has been an exciting one and Friedensreich Hundertwasser has been very proud of the teams performance. We are seeing incremental improvements, making it to the playoffs 2 years in a row & actually winning a pair of games this time around was a huge improvement over the white washing we got last season. Next season the goal will of course be to win the Cup however I will settle for a playoff series win.
I am hoping we are able to give Lyle Odelein at least one more series win before he rides off into the sunset as the greatest Specter of this generation. The day that happens will certainly be a sad one.
With the offseason already in flow for new Orleans we will be turning our attentions to the next draft class. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of new Specter prospects. It's always an exciting period even if the playoffs always seem to go the same way.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Atlanta goes to conference finals. It's definitely huge to us. We beat Tampa Bay Barracuda sweep 4-0 and then Baltimore Platoon 4-2. There is two more steps to take, first we need beat old powerhouse of the league, defending champion Hamilton Steelhawks and then at finals Chicago Syndicate or San Fransisco Pride. It's great to see San Fransisco Pride at conference finals too after long rebuild. They had serious problems with their team when I joined to the league and the rebuild seems goes very well. Anton is leader of the points at Atlanta team and I need to lead my team from front. I will also faceup my lovely friend Jobin, which will be definitely fun! My contract situation is all good and I'm happy about it. I'm also aiming continue my career here in Atlanta at future and I will do everything to help them get some glory to our team. We will get stronger every season now and it's almost our time to start shine, finally.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Code:
Written Task:  What's next for you? If you're headed to the playoffs, how is your player getting ready? What do you anticipate in your matchup? Do you have a contract negotiation on the horizon? Is that distracting? If you aren't going to the playoffs... how are you feeling about your team? Do you have an exciting young group of players? Are you excited for the future, or not so much? Do you love the city you play for, or are you hoping to move on? Tell me about it! (150+ words).

The Winnipeg Jets finished their season in a playoff spot and saw themselves getting seeded against the Chicago Syndicate. The Syndicate finished the regular season with the best record of 52-14 for 104 points and with that were a very tough opponent to get in round 1. It was a hard fought series, but sadly the Aurora got swept in 4 to finish off the season. It sucked, but Winnipeg knows to look at the future and the future here is really bright. We know in a few seasons we could be in teh shoes that Chicago is in right now and that is something extremely fun to be able to look forward to. The team will be calling up a ton of rookies in the next years and with a bit of time for them to settle in and find their place, the team is going to be absolutely bopping. For Kawashima it is exciting to look forward to as he knows he can be in a position to lead the youthful team and that is a fun prospect to look forward to.

[184 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Prompt 1

I honestly forgot what I wrote about in point task one, but let's assume I was full of hope and had big goals with the team. That all kind of happened. We grew stronger over the course of the season, and grew as a team alltogether. We had some up and down phases, but overall it was a good season. Once playoffs came by, the whole team took another step up and played really really good. We swept Tampa Bay Barracudas and didn't get reverse swept like last season. Then we continued to play against Baltimore Platoon and upset them with a final score of 4-2. So the season is still going. Can we win the cup? I'd say yes, as we are only one of four teams still in the mix. Will we win the cup? We'll see. The young guys on the team made a big step forward this season, and really helped growing into the team we are now.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Well after the end of the regular season connor O’Byrne immediately got to work preparing for the playoffs with Nevada. This would be his first time on a true contender as while he had never missed the playoffs before with Anaheim they were never truly contending for anything. However, Nevada is in prime position to compete for the four star cup and he must work very hard to achieve his goals and not disappoint the management of the team that made a trade for him. After this playoff run however, it’s off to Toronto where he will be entering as a part of the rebuild of the north stars franchise. There is an exciting prospect group in Toronto and a tram he is thrilled to join and begin contributing to, but not before his unfinished business with Nevada. He had that playoff run to enjoy before he probably won’t see any such deep playoff run for a while