Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

Player Prompt

I picked up the game because of my father, Nat Emerson. I grew up completely engrossed by the game. My earliest memories are from growing up in West Kendall and getting to skate at the Platoon’s practice rink with my dad. I’d get tips from all the great pros that were around at the time and was able to get an incredibly solid base instruction as a young child. When the team moved to Baltimore, I saw my father become captain of the Platoon. It was at this point that I learned what it really meant to be a leader and set a positive example in the locker room. At this point in my life, I was old enough to appreciate the amount of work and dedication that was needed to make it in the SHL. I took this with me as I went on to put all of my focus into my hockey career in South Korea.

(158)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PBE

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2022, 11:35 PM by Jepox.)

Prompt 2

Pablo Salvatici made the headlines for the second week straight this morning. The Atlanta Inferno superstar forward was accused of sneaking kids and teenagers into clubs during a team hosted youth event at the beginning of the season. These accusations come on the heels of last week's detainment and questioning for his affiliation with YSL, a local Atlanta gang. It is unsure how involved he was, and whether charges will be pressed or not, but this event seems to have only been the tip of the ice burgh for Pablo. Parents are questioning if their children are hockey fans or if they are looking to join a gang now. Public opinion of Pablo has dropped and people can only wonder if other events such as this one have been covered up by the team in the past. So far no statement has been made by the team or Salvatici, but it's safe to say these team hosted events will be put on hold for the foreseeable future.

167 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Player Prompt

Ryosuke Sato watched hockey at a young age after his elementary school teacher introduced his class to the sport. His teacher was a big fan of the Vancouver Whalers and when they were playing in the SMJHL playoffs, he made it so the kids can get rewarded for watching the sport and placing guesses on the winning teams. Sato was just interested in the bonus marks, but once he watched the first game he was hooked. The way the teams threw hits and just played so skillfully, Sato knew he wanted to be like them. However, he noticed there was basically no Japanese players on the ice. This lit a passion for Sato as although he is starting the sport a little late, he dreamed of one day being one of the best Japanese players to play in the SHL. He definitely had great Japanese mentors to look up to on the way, and hoped one day he can make his home country proud.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Iskandrov grew interest in the game when distant relative Aleksandr Aleksandrov won the cup with the Prince George Firebirds. His heroic performance with his team post trade deadline inspired many Russians at home, and Aleksandr Iskandrov was one of them. It could be said that there was hope that Iskandrov would play for Anchorage, as he grew up also watching Anchorage leading scorer Tokkulu Lakkamaa, but he always held Colorado a little bit higher in his heart. Aleksandr Aleksandrovs number is actually retired in Colorado, and has a trophy named after him for the best goalkeeper. Being from a not so rich place, Aleksandrov had to overcome many obstacles in his life on the way to the SMJHL, and as a result, he's become an idol for people who face hardship. Iskandrov is currently making a name for himself as the first line center in Vancouver, so it could be said that his idols have influenced him well

[Image: izzy.PNG]

We are a unit, we stay in the tunnel, hearing the fans chanting ATLANTA, ATLANTA. Excitement tickles my neck, while goosebumps run all over my body. While we are waiting to get on the ice - when it's time for us to finally start off a new season - reminiscences of the past overcome me. Like scenes flickering into my mind.
The first time standing on skates on a pond in my home village in Austria. Me, trying to get the skates do what I want. It was hard, it was tough. I was the luckiest boy in the world when I finally got a pair of skates, but noone knew how to teach me. Spending hours and hours to make it work, getting control of the skate blades, taking turns, speeding up and slowing down. It was hard effort but it was also fun. Setting a goal, mastering the skates beneath my feet. Not sure where that came from, noone in my family knew how to do it. It was just fascination lighted up by some coincidence.
Years later, already started playing hockey. Seems I got talent, and a scout approaching me. First time I hear of a distant league oversees called the SHL. Taking chances, playing it safe, hard decisions to make. Those were the days, never thought I could make it that far. 
The hint of a smile comes upon my face while we get going to enter the ice.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Prompt 1

Patya am remember when want to begin for playing of the hockey. You see, Patya father, Vitali Perevalov, am teaching me for how to play. My father play many minor leagues hockeys, and am best teacher. I am fall in love with game. I have many loves for skate on ice, and am love for go fast! Am love for shoot and score! Is best feeling in whole world when score goal for win big game! PATYA AM WINNER BIG! Patya am grow up watching all greatest players and say to father "I am going for be better than all of them!" Patya am trying much hard for make this reality. Patya am always want to be best player on ice. Sometimes, this is not happen, but then Patya am just work harder. Patya am have so much love for this game that has been built by peoples close. Patya am just want for make them proud, and for make self proud!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Rebecca Montagne is the oldest of three sisters and to get away from the younger ones, she decided to try out some sports. Despite just being a few minutes older as her twin Caitlin, she thinks her younger sister is too young for her liking to hang out with. So next to becoming a quarterback in American Football, she picked up Hockey and became a goaltender. With her attitude she prefered to find a sport and a position where she could stand out and the team needed to depend on her, so that is why she decided to become the last line of defense. They always say goalies are a special breed of people, and in Montagne's case, this surely aint different. Now being able to showcase her talents for the Winnipeg Aurora made the whole journey worth it. She not only was able to escape the noise of her sisters, but also became a role model for them, with both of them also becoming professional athletes.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Player promt

No. This is a good prompt. I like it!

It all started back in 2002 when Latvia played Olympics. It was winter, a cold day. I was just back from school and my mom turned on the TV. Later I was left alone with the screen and that magic. Latvians score and everyone cheers up! All you can hear is "Latvia!", "Latvia!", "Latvia!" all over again. It was a heartwarming moment. I even remember the score. 4-2. A day later was the next game. We tied Slovakia. Wild scoring. We finished 9th but I felt we can achieve medal rounds. I don't know, maybe at that moment I somehow felt affected that most beautiful goals are done by a defenseman. Next year Karlis Skrastins participated. Somehow I saw him as my hero. After that time I knew I love hockey. I wanted to continue. I wanted to do this! That is the reason why up to this day I am doing SHL.

Growing up in Iceland GK always dreamed of one day playing in the SHL, and representing his nation in the big leagues. Honestly speaking, he put in a lot of hard work, and practice lighting up the Icelandic leagues with his play in hopes of being spotted by teams in the SMJHL, so that he could jumpstart his career. He got in touch with his agent, a former player, Patrice Nadeau who helped him hone the tools he indeed to be successful in the major leagues. When GK steps out on the ice he really feels that he is at home, and it reminds him of his time in Iceland playing with friends in the winter, and brings him back to his youthful days. Additionally, the sport itself was something that he and his father shared together, growing up watching SHL highlights, and going for skates with his dad, this really grew the love for his game, and helped develop the dream of one day playing in the SHL, and here we are today where GK is in his 9th season in the SHL and 11th Season in Professional hockey.

(190 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Originally, playing hockey wasn’t something I thought would end up being a career, it was just something that we did growing up. All of my friends played hockey, so my parents put my into hockey as well, so I could get some exercises and spend more time with my friends. It was only after I hit the ice that people realized I was actually good at it. For a beginner, I was one of the better skaters on my team, and I just seemed to have a knack for the game.

As I grew older I knew I had to continue putting the work in if I wanted to make this happen for good. I trained, and trained, and practiced, until I finally met a Hall of Fame SHLer, Roberto Martucci, who took me under his wing and really helped me put the pieces together and make it happen.

Season 65 is a daunting one as it could potentially be my last. As I look down that tunnel and talk with some of the young guys on this team, I can’t help but think what a journey it’s been and if this should be my last opening night, so be it, it’s been one hell of a ride.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Karl was a good athlete, but he wasn't at the elite level for any of the major sports in German. As a young child he did fall in love with the sport of figure skating. He remembered seeing it on the olympics as a child and fell in love with the art form. How smooth and elegant everything seemed, and the sick flow and deep cut v necks on the men were all the better.
That's how he got into skating to begin. Then he hit some growth, and his strength became wonderful for doing fancy lifts. The problem ultimately was some clumsiness, and loss of flexibility.
Ultimately, this newfound strength caught the eye of a junior coach who was getting ready for a practice. He knew Karl could skate with the best of them. he had a huge amount of strength, and he figured this might be a good chance on getting one of those rare built speedy power forwards. The rest is history being written.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Ryan Shepard was drawn to hockey from a very young age. Growing up in Northern Alberta it's a given that he would step onto a rink at some point in his life and his parents let him try it sooner rather than later. At age 4 he got his first pair of skates and spent some time at an outdoor rink during the winter learning to skate. He was supported by his parents, and because his father would watch hockey games on tv, little Shepard was encapsulated by it and wanted to be like those players. After a couple of trips to the outdoor rink and getting as much of a handle on skating as someone under 5 could, his dad got him a stick and puck to play with. From then on he would always ask his parents to take him to go skating. The following year his parents enrolled him in Timbits hockey and that's how the journey to the SHL began.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

PLAYER PROMPT

For Jonathon Hagan, hockey was in his family, and has been in his family for 3 generations. It all started with his grandfather, Colton Hagan, many years ago. Colton was not the first in his family to play, but he ended up being the only one to go far, playing in juniors for the Colorado Mammoths, then having a long career as a middle 6 grinder for the Texas Renegades. While his playoff appearances were few, he was best remembered for a 52 point season where he was an SHL All-Star. His son, Marc Hagan, was a player for the Montreal Militia who quickly grew into an SHL-level talent. After winning a cup with Edmonton, he never really developed in the way originally thought, and his career was cut short. Enter James and Jonathon. James is the older brother of Jonathon, and Jonathon followed in his older brother's footsteps, just like they both followed in their family's. James flamed out in juniors, but Jonathon has a long career ahead of him.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT - Graphic task
First time in goal.
[Image: VE8GzUA.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]