Create Account

S65 PT #4: Fitness? Yeah I'm Fitness Prompt in the Forum

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

CREATIVE PROMPT - The world's gone wacko for fitness! People these days wouldn't know their dang heart was beating if their Apple Watch didn't tell them it was! You can't even get an honest night's sleep anymore without your Fit Bit waking you up to say your sleep score is too low! As far as I'm concerned, it's time for YOU to get in on this action!

Written Task: Your player has been asked to make a workout tape! Tell me about the exercises your player will show off to get their SHL pro body! What vibe will you go for in the videos? Is it serious? Is it funny? Are you all in on a huge budget? How do you want to release it? Are you starting a fitness Youtube channel, or maybe releasing it on VHS for the retro audience? Tell me all about how your player would tackle selling their own fitness program. Don't be afraid to get goofy with this one. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me a still frame from your player's workout tape! 

PLAYER PROMPT- Who loves adding to their player's cannon? I know some of you do! You can do that instead if you want! Earlier this season we talked a bit about your players daily routines, but now let's get into some more detail.

Written Task:  What does your players fitness regimen look like and why? What's your player's play style, and how do you support that with your off-ice routine? If you're a net front person, for example, are you big into upper body work for shoving people around? Or maybe lower body so you can plant yourself and not be moved. If you're an older player in the league, maybe talk about what you do to stay competitive with all the young folks. What secrets have you learned over the years? If you're a younger player, do you have any veteran friends that share these secrets with you? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player doing their favourite workout with a couple of teammates. 

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, June 12th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 12:22 AM by yosh. Edited 1 time in total.)

Vaseline Podcalzone is a player who certainly takes fitness seriously. With Podcalzone now reaching what the SHL analysts describe as "regression", Podz understands that time is going to be against him. He's getting up there in age, as a typical career for a player in the SHL is fairly short. I am too lazy to actually check out the math, but my guess is that Vaseline Podcalzone is in his late 20s by this point? Maybe somewhere around 27? 28? Either way, he's getting a bit older now, so it is important for him to stay fit.

Podcalzone's workout routine would absolutely involve conditioning. Strength is one thing that will matter for him as well, being a player that plays a powerful hard hitting game as a trustworthy power hitter. This would involve a fair bit of weight training just to maintain that muscle mass. For conditioning, cardio would be something that Podz puts in a lot of work for. Probably most of it is cardio just because conditioning is so tough to maintain, with the countless minutes that Podz plays each game.

WC: 183

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Pt pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Code:
Written Task: Your player has been asked to make a workout tape! Tell me about the exercises your player will show off to get their SHL pro body! What vibe will you go for in the videos? Is it serious? Is it funny? Are you all in on a huge budget? How do you want to release it? Are you starting a fitness Youtube channel, or maybe releasing it on VHS for the retro audience? Tell me all about how your player would tackle selling their own fitness program. Don't be afraid to get goofy with this one. (150+ words)

To be a top player in the SHL, one needs to be in the top physical shape! Ben Jammin is still developing him body and in due time will have one of the best physiques in the entire league. He hopes to have a chiseled body like a Greek God and thunder thighs that can cause massive thunderstorms.

When asked to create a workout tape, Ben Jammin put in some of the exercises that he does in his regular workout routine. Exercises would include: Intense bike riding, treadmill running, ab exercises, burpees, pushups and a lot of upper-body exercises to get that Giga chad body.

The vibe of this workout tape would be comedic with Ben roasting the viewer at home saying why they can't keep up with him and that they'll never be able to be in the SHL if they can't even keep up with his workout routine. 

Hopefully this goes well with the fans in Chicago because Ben is all about putting that content out there and wanting to be a people pleaser.

(176 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2022, 06:40 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dwight has had a very long career at this point and has fought skin and teeth to stay at the top. Over the seasons his work out regimen has changed based upon what he has done. In his youth he was elite in the caber toss community giving him a very great baseline of strength and he has continued to push that to the limit. Doing standard arm things in the work out room. The big thing that Dwight has worked on has actually been his balance. You can often see him watching film while standing on a Bosu ball or one of the other many balance tools that the facility has. He continues to look to improve balance even now into his older age as he loses a step. Over the years I have learned it is better to be the one doing the hitting than being the person receiving the hit and that trying to move out of the way only makes things worse. 

166 words

Written prompt:

A little known fact about Mat Smith is that before he made it as a goalie he also tried making it in Hollywood. Being athletic, one of the larger roles he got was exercising alongside fitness legend Richard Simmons on a workout tape. Smith can be seen in the background of the tape sporting a very era-appropriate hot pink tank top, along with matching leg warmers, very short shorts, and a headband to complete the look. The routine included any sort of cardio exercise you can think of that can be done without ever stepping off a yoga mat, everything from jump rope to high knees running in place to jumping jacks. Smith claims he stands by his decision to appear in this tape, saying that he forces everyone in Chicago to do the entire hour and a half long routine with him at the start of every season. He also says that the shooting of this tape was the best workout he's ever done.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Quote:Written Task: Your player has been asked to make a workout tape! Tell me about the exercises your player will show off to get their SHL pro body! What vibe will you go for in the videos? Is it serious? Is it funny? Are you all in on a huge budget? How do you want to release it? Are you starting a fitness Youtube channel, or maybe releasing it on VHS for the retro audience? Tell me all about how your player would tackle selling their own fitness program. Don't be afraid to get goofy with this one. (150+ words)

Spack Jarrow would definitely use the opportunity to help sell his brand of alcohol. He will never pass up the chance if you give it to him. Probably start the workout routine nice and slow but then after the 5 to 7 minute mark or so there will be a scheduled break. At which time Jarrow sits next to a fireplace with a glass of rum on the rocks while "cooling down". After some relaxation, we go back to the routine. Ramping up the level until the 12 minute mark where there would be another resting phase with a smooth and refreshing beverage with a splash of rum of course. The budget would be quite large with the studio set up like a liquor commercial. The entire routine will be on sale at local beer and wine stores with the purchase of a bottle of Captain Jarrow's Rum. It will be the start of a new lucrative craze. Be sure to invest on the ground floor!

[ 167 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

The greatest workout tape ever... The Silver Foxes Low Impact Workout: Shape Up America. If they can do it we can too. For those unaware, the Silver Foxes were a group of seniors but they weren't just seniors, they were parents of famous actors! Now, we can do it too, with "The Silver Polar Bears", parents of the SHL's best players will do a workout on ice skates just like their kids! With this workout tape, we'll answer questions like; Is the ability to play hockey genetic? Do they know how to play hockey? Do they how the rules of the game? Can they skate? Can they put on skates? In this workout tape, we'll have me as the lead workout trainer with the parents following what I tell them and what I'm showing them. We'll go through attacking, defending, and even goalie drills! It should be a lot of fun, and you'll be able to buy the workout video wherever video tapes are sold! Wait... that could be a problem.

Code:
171 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2022, 03:44 AM by Salming. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player task:

The play style of William Salming is a two-way winger. That's why he can train everything what he wants because all workouts help either his defensive or offensive skills. If he trains lower body strength, it helps him to win puck battles near the boards because his balance will be better with skates. If he trains upper body workout, his shooting will be better because shots are harder and tougher for goalies to catch. William is already pretty experienced player so he already knows nowadays which workouts work for him and which not. That's why he doesn't need any mentors anymore but he likes to help his younger teammates like Manning, Fischermann and McHits if they need some help with their training plans. One of William's best training methods is put some weight on the stick and just wave it from one side to other. That increases the power of his stickchecking. It also helps to make stick feel lighter in the game. That's it. Thanks for reading, Sir.

[Image: salming.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Affiliate PBE PT

Code:
Written Task: Your player has been asked to make a workout tape! Tell me about the exercises your player will show off to get their SHL pro body! What vibe will you go for in the videos? Is it serious? Is it funny? Are you all in on a huge budget? How do you want to release it? Are you starting a fitness Youtube channel, or maybe releasing it on VHS for the retro audience? Tell me all about how your player would tackle selling their own fitness program. Don't be afraid to get goofy with this one. (150+ words)

Kawashima is a big workout guy. He believes that the best work out was invented in the 80s. This workout is called Aerobic dancing, specifically jazz aerobic dancing, jazzercise. Growing up Kawashima would go through discount video bins in the hopes of finding jazzercise gems. Now that he finally has the money and fame to create on himself, as his life goal always was, he is grabbing that chance with both hands. Kawashima made a goal out to other atheles who would want to help out and various athelets came knocking. Ex-Isfl player Davirel Lavigne and current player Octavio Pérez reached out. Axel Heesbeen of the WSBL came knocking and recently drafted Vui Kemoeatu of the SSL joined up. The video will be released on DVD, Blu-Ray, streaming services and even on VHS tape. Just like the old ones Kawashima always bought. Kawashima hopes to bring back Jazzercise back to the wider audience and help improve the fitness of many.

[160 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

A workout tape you say? That is very easy for Jay Cue to get into. "The Cue Project" focuses on 2 things: your left arm. And your right one. The only thing you need to work to be able to be successful in life, are your arms. And why? Because that is what you use to pick up your glass and take it into your mouth to drink. Water, red wine, white wine, beer, soda, everything you need to survive. So do not skip arm day, screw everything else. When you are finished with these workout tapes, you are going to look like a swollen... is there an animal with giant arms and skinny everything else? Because you will end up looking like that, and the ladies are going to go crazy for it.

As for hockey, it also helps, as your slap shot is getting some fire under it. Do not copy this idea though, it is patent pending already.

(161 words)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: XN3xqW5.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)